Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone from MN?/anyone blue cross federal?

I have blue cross federal and I'm from Las Vegas so I dunno if its gonna be the same; but my approval was quick and easy. And it was amazing my out of pocket was less than $1000. I hope this and helps and I hope Blue Cross Federal is as good to you as it was for me. Good luck with everything!!!

When I did my seminar, they asked if anyone had Fed BC/BS, and said we pretty much get approved for showing up, especially if we have a BMI over 40.

My approval came in after less than two weeks from when the doctor's office sent it off.

It's been almost two weeks, and I keep checking the BC customer service site on-line, but so far it appears that the bills haven't been submitted yet.

Dodgergirl, did you have surgery in-patient or out-patient? I heard that it makes a difference as to how much our plan pays for the actual band.

Also, are you standard or basic coverage? I'm basic.

I wasnt required to stay in-patient so I didn't stay over night. I'm not sure what coverage I have it's my dad's so I don't really know.

I have basic coverage...I know that all I pay is my 100copay and my 100 surgeon copay and everything else is 100%...I just want approval!! =)

You'll get it! My BCBS Federal was approved within a few days. If it's taking longer, maybe it's the office staff and your Dr.'s office hasn't forwarded it yet. The office I go to is really busy with so many band patients, so that's usually where the bottleneck is. :-)

I, too have BCBS FEP (basic), in Indiana, I was told about the 2 $100 co-pays as well, PLUS I will have to pay 30% of the Lap-Band device if it is billed seperatly. If it is billed under something else- surgeron or hospital, it will be covered 100%. My paper work was summited on May 30th, I'm still waiting to hear. I have a lower BMI with 2 co-mos. Best of luck to you all!

Thanks for the info!! Yes..it is my drs office holding things up...then bcbs said at least 10 days once paperwork arrives til pre-approved...and oh how I hope that isn't the case!! I really want to get moving...my consult at the surgeon was 5/19 and I am just sooo ready to get this weight off. Patience right?

So how do you know if they are going to bill the lapband seperate or not? What does the lapband cost...and what would be the 30% then? I think they told me the band itself was 2500.00????

I don't have those answers just yet. My Drs office- business side any ways- is hard to get a hold of most times (only thing I really don't like about them).

Anyone else know?

p.s. I was told there is no where on the BCBS web site that will show if you have been approved, I will receive a letter with the decision. BUT- I could have gotten wrong info, if you know better I would love to know! I feel like I am stalking the post woman!