Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today and doing good so far!

:lol: I got up at 4:15 AM and my wife drove me to the hospital and I checked in at 5:00 AM. They got me in a gown and started an IV. All the typical stuff you should expect. They wheeled me in at 8:00AM and I was knocked out by 8:10 ish.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I woke up in recovery with my nurse talking to me. I was very sore and tight in my lower chest. When I looked at the clock it was 10:45. I was told the surgery was approx 1 hr long.

<o:p> </o:p>

I was rolled into general recovery at 12:00 where I was observed until about 2:00 PM. I drank about a cup of Water and ate some ice. I did some walking with the nurse and all went well with that. I was home in my chair by 2:45

Its 8:00 and I’m getting tired and I’m still somewhat sore but not too bad. It looks like they closed me up with superglue. No stitches that I can see,

Anyway I’ve been drinking water all day with no problems. I’ll try for some Soup Wednesday.

I’ll post again tomorrow

Happy Day For You That Is Sooo Wonderful.type Of News I Look Forward To, Looks Like 3 To 4 Weeks For Me.sooo Excited To Read Your Little Note..good Luck Memom

Woohoo!! Your post is great inspiration.. Thanks so much!! I look forward to the next!! I have 3-4 weeks until 'banding' day. Keep the good stuff coming, and best of luck!! :lol:

I can't wait to be able to post my "day"!!! 29 more days for me.... whoooo hooo!! Glad all went well for you...

good luck to you and congrates on your big day keep me informed on your progress i hope to be banded in july or august i cant wait best of luck

Great news! Hope you continue to feel good. What a blessing and a new journey you are beginning!! I can't wait til its my turn...awaiting insurance approval..:(

I was supposed to stay just overnight, but ended up hospitalized for 2 days - they found a hiatal hernia during surgery (which I was surprised the tests prior to surgery didn't show) - so that may be a reason for a slower recovery. I can't believe someone was home just hours after surgery - I don't think I could have done it.

Can you tell how you feel when you have consumed more than you should? I am eating (well slurping) small amounts of Soups and other liquids, and it doesn't feel like it did when you overate without the band - can someone describe their symptoms?

GL

woke-up wide awake, not sure why its 2am:confused:

I'm sipping lots of Water and i seem to have no problems with it passing thru. My blood sugar is high ????210.. it could be from the meds they gave me in the iv? I'm not sure what to call the feeling i have.. it feels like i'm just real sore in my upper gut. They told be they used a larger band due to the size of my stomach?

anyone know anything about that?:(

Jbrod,

My blood sugars were high as well- but this morning mine was lower than it's been in years! The surgeon said the high numbers were most likely from the stress the surgery puts on your body. I would think the pain is the incision but couldn't say for sure. I think I have figured out when I'm full - it's not like you used to feel before the band - it's more uncomfortable so don't overeat even with liquids!

I don't know anything about the larger bands - people are really good to responding on this site - you might want to start a new thread so someone will see what you wrote.

I'm back

I am doing good

I do have alot of pain in my left shoulder (feels like pinched nerve)

It really sucks

I have had some shakes and some yogart with no problems.

Almost no pain in the port area now.

I have lots of gas and lots of rumbling in the stomach...

so far so good. I rode my bike this morning about a mile. no problems!

weight is 437 this morning down from 464 2 weeks prior to surgery on June 2nd.

good luck mr jimmyjames on your journey hope you feel much better.

Hey Jimmy sounds like you are doing great. Congrats!!! I am getting banded on the 17th if they can get thru all my scar tissue (thats what the doc keeps saying) but I am trying to be positive an hopeful. I am so glad everything went good for you.:)

One week Post Op

All is still going well.

I can eat yogart and cottage cheese & cream Soups in small amounts with no problems. I still have some pain in my left should bade and left shoulder. It comes and goes. My incissions are almost healed up. The super glue has pealed off and it looks like the only scar will be on the big one where the port is. I have no pain in my stomach only if I push where the port is. I cut my blood sugar meds in half and I'm in the 110-125 area most of the time. I have had lots of gas (lots) Will this go away? I rode my bike every day twice a day since Thursday. I'm going about 2.5-3 miles and taking it easy but it makes me feel good thru the day. I do the ride in about 30 min. I will most likely move it up to 45 min on Wednesday.

Jan 25th 495 lbs (I made the decision this day) / Pre Optifast 2 weeks pre surgery 464 lbs / Day of banding June 2nd 444 lbs / This morning 431 lbs..... 64 dropped and I still have 156 lbs to go.....:tongue2: