Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies...jumpin' into June!

Hey checkin in for JUNE!!

Good Morning I hope everyone is doing alright....I have a fill appoinment today and I'm very excited about it:lol:. I think this will be my 6th fill I think I really need it. I sneaked and got on the scale last Friday and to my disappointing surprise it said 200!!!!!:scared2:

I was really hurt but also proud that I had not gained anything since my last fill. So I know this fill will at leat push me to 1DERLAND!!!!:tongue2:

Wish me skinny luck and please wish me sucess!!! :smile:

I will check back in after I come from my appoinment... maybe the scale will say 199 LOL!!! :crying:

Nothing new on my end...still strugling w/ the same damn pounds. :grouphug: I have to wait 6 weeks between fills for insurance purposes so that'll put me at June 23rd. I'm debating if I want to be filled that day since I will be traveling out of town for my family reunion June 27-29th, but then again it would be great if I could take off some weight before leaving. :confused2:

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sure summer clothes shopping is a lot more fun than it was last year! I love thrift stores...finally able to find something decent in the smaller sizes! :thumbup:

LaLa, I wish I lived closer to the lakefront so I can walk and bike w/ you, but gas prices are ridiculous. I'll have to stick to walking in the boring burbs this summer. :behindsofa:

HAVE A GREAT WEEK MARCHIES!!!

Hey Everyone,

Have not been on in awhile, sure have enjoyed seeing your progress.

Good Job Everyone!

I just got back from the doctor, good news, I am now taking the steps

to get rebanded and everything looks great, so far. Doc went over the paperwork for the insurance no red flags seem to be there. I had a upper GI all is good there. I am having a scope down the throat done on June 23.

Living in a small town I am hoping for the end of July for rebanding. Yahoo!

Hey Everyone,

Have not been on in awhile, sure have enjoyed seeing your progress.

Good Job Everyone!

I just got back from the doctor, good news, I am now taking the steps

to get rebanded and everything looks great, so far. Doc went over the paperwork for the insurance no red flags seem to be there. I had a upper GI all is good there. I am having a scope down the throat done on June 23.

Living in a small town I am hoping for the end of July for rebanding. Yahoo!

I can't tell you how often I think of you, Janine. I'm SO happy to hear your good news. :biggrin: How wonderful for you! I know you loved your band and were so successful. Every time I lift something heavy I remember you and try to be extra careful.

Keep us updated--how are the kids? You have a wonderful summer ahead (after the scope down your throat, that is). I'm cheering you on. Karen:thumbs_up:

Edited by momlambert
typo

Howdy my Marchies.

Janine, that's the best news. I must say that I think of you often.

Gwen, I love your attitude!!! You are the best cheerleader, EVER. I'm inspired reading everyone's new found energy thanks to warm weather.

I was waffeling about getting a fill the first part of June so I cancelled. I'm rescheduled now for the end of the month. I can so eat much food it's not funny.

But I'm working on some changes. I'm at a new gym. I'm looking at smaller goals like 10 pounds by vacation in August.

School is rough, it's always rough...I learned that I'll be graduating sooner than I realized. My last class for my MBA will be done in March of 09! I thought it would be August!!!

So there's some good news!

Jeni, I hope your doc gets your PCOS issues all sorted out. I don't have it (to my knowledge) and it's not really in my area of expertise. But hopefully the test results will give you some answers and you can get things moving again!

Gwen, do let us know what your doc says on the 19th. If you're struggling with a too tight fill that can make things harder. But like Juli said, you do have a great attitude! Unstoppable, really. :P

ThickChick, tammy...we are in the same boat. I'm still struggling with breaking the 60 lb mark. I've lost what I had gained, but still just trying to work it. Like Juli, I'm undecided about getting a fill, but I'm still leaning toward not, for now. I CAN eat a lot, but I rarely do, and I'd rather see if I can get things back in control by watching my calories. I'm not getting hungry sooner than I should and a cup of food usually keeps me satisfied, so I'm hanging in there for now.

Juli, I'm jealous of you getting done in March! I have until May 2010.

Janine! That is fantastic news!! The time will fly and you will be on your way again. So glad to hear you are doing well and things are on track for your replacement band.

School is going well...have a final for one big class on Monday so I'll be studying all weekend. My hubby and I are living separately, not by choice but because there's no work in his industry in Spokane. So he works in Portland which is about 400 miles away. He's coming in the morning, which will be nice to see him although it won't be for very long. We usually see each other every other week but these last 2 weeks have been hard to swing, so it's been 2 weeks now and I'm anxious to see him again. Back to school, we are starting our actual cases (induction and intubation through the whole case to wakeup) in 2 weeks. So far we've just been intubating in the OR. So we're all anxious about starting this part of the program. But that's what we're here to learn! We have long days ahead of us in the OR and then classes afterward. The summer will be busy!

Everyone else: I hope things are going well for everyone. We'll just keep plugging along, huh? The sumertime means lots of fresh fruits and veggies, my favorite time of year. Best of luck to all.

WA Gwen,

Living long distance is hard. My SO is about 300 miles away and we shoot for every other weekend too. It's hard when something comes up and it doesn't happen.

Your schooling sounds interesting. Very full days keep you on your toes. I'll be happy to be done with school though. I've been at it without a quarter break since May of 05. So this is my start of my 4th year. I suppose a BS and MBA in 4.5 years is something to be happy about...well there were the classes from youth that helped with the time line...

Anyway, I made the decision to go to the gym today for a spin class that also (much to my surprise) had a boot camp tucked on to the end of it. I stayed for all of it. Who knew I could do sprints?! I think my decision to go had everything to do with reading this thread last night. Thanks gals!

XO

Juli

Thanks Gwen!!!

So do my fellow marchies have any advice on getting the ball rolling again.. im getting so upset with the scale lately that it usually ruins my day...

Jen,

My advice: Stay the hell off the scale!

Just kidding. But you know you need to get the right perspective on the scale if you are allowing it to ruin your day.

It's a reality check, if you aren't losing weight you are not doing something you need to be doing...

It's okay not to lose, there are times when other things are priorities, but you've got to be honest with yourself if you keep seeing the same number for a month about what you are eating and how you are moving. You can't expect the scale to move if you're not doing the work.

I'm talking to myself more than I'm lecturing you. :frown:

J

Jen,

How is your restirction? Do you did to see a doctor for a fill, and how is the excerising going?

Sometimes we need just to forget the scales for awhile, maybe your are just losing some inches right now.

Good luck and hang in there. We are here if we are need for any encouragment that is need.

Jeni--You know, plateaus are a natural part of weight loss. We'd rather see a steady line downward on the graph, but the fact is sometimes our bodies just put the breaks on for a while. It's a good time to regroup, check your habits and see where you can improve. You've lost an amazing amount of weight in a short time and I'm sure your body is going, WTF?! LOL.

I've been on a 6 week plateau. This week, after doing all the examining and tracking and exercising that i've been doing, I just decided to relax for the week and not stress about it so much. You know what, I lost 2 lbs this morning. I don't know if I was stressing too much, or if it's finally making a difference that I've tightened up my game, or if my body just decided to give in. But as long as they don't come back, I'm happy. Taking 3 or 4 days to track my intake on Fitday certainly helped, though. I saw that I was snacking more than I realized, and cut that back significantly.

Juli, I think you mentioned before that your SO lived far away. It is hard, I totally agree. We've only been doing the long distance thing since January (this time, that is; he worked in Seattle in 2005). I think you and your honey have been long distance for quite a while, isn't that right? Does it get any easier in your experience? Some days it just sucks so bad. But there are times when it's a blessing because I have time to be the antisocial study girl, and then when we are together I can plan to spend more quality time together. I'm impressed that you've gotten your bachelors and almost finished your MBA in that amount of time. That is a lot of work. And losing weight! Sometimes I stop and realize that it's pretty amazing to lose any weight at all during grad school. This program I am in is pretty intense, but in the second year we spend most of our time in the OR doing cases and it gets a little less hectic and more like working (more enjoyable from what I hear). This first year is just crazy.

Tomorrow is a run day, and the sun is finally out around here so I'm hoping for a nice run. I hope everyone can get outside and gets some fun activity in!

Gwen,

There is a blessing in not having the SO here while in school, sometimes.

Like you said the anit-social study girl doesn't need to be bothered with someone saying, "let's go the movies" and having to say no, or going and not getting your work done. And there's also having a honey so you're not distracted thinking I've got to find me someone.

But sleeping alone and cooking for one when you ACTUALLY have a love interest is annoying. Or when you're sick and want someone to go to the store to buy you tissues is frustrating well and a little sad.

But what are you going to do? Yeah she moved away in 06. We weren't supposed to stay together but we have. We weren't even supposed to be a couple but stuff happens and we did. :frown:

She's making noises about coming back to Ohio, but the economy isn't really helping that. I can't leave. I share custody of my daughter and I won't leave until she's out of school.

Okay, back to weight loss convesation.

I love that you're running!! I've given it up because it was hurting my knee. Maybe when I get closer to goal I'll give it a shot again.

Edited by OH Juli

That's GREAT! Wish I was down 62 lbs. Can't wait til i get at my half way goal. How did you lose so much weight so fast. makes me wonder what i'm doing wrong. I was banded March 28,2008 and have lost 36lbs.

SheerBear, you might be looking for the March 08 board. This group was all banded in March 07--it's taken me over a year to lose 62 lbs. You're doing well for 3 months!

Juli, I'm nodding my head right along with you. Long distance relationships during school have plusses and minuses for sure--including feeling guilty when I am grateful for the time alone to study but my mate is feeling lonely in another state. I have that a lot. I'm hoping she moves back with you--maybe when you're done with school, jobs will be easier to find and then you can go to movies whenever you want. :lol:

I've really caught the running bug. I started doing it just because I was so amazed that I COULD--after being obese for so long, it feels like a miracle to be able to run. But now I really love it. I don't run the whole distance though--I usually run 4-5 minutes and walk for 60 seconds. It helps me go a longer distance, and makes it more enjoyable. And I'm able to get much more benefit for the amount of time I'm exercising than before I started running. I read the running books by Jeff Galloway and they really helped me a lot. He really advocates the walk-run method, no matter what your fitness level.

Okay, off to study, and run later. Have a great Sunday everyone! :cursing: