Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im back and banded

hi all

I been banded on 30th may 2008 at derby city hospitial. everything went well ,i have a bit of pain in shoulder apart from that feel fine..

I can remember when it was all over the nurse docs when in recorvery room was saying come on Ann wake up you should have been awake a good 10 mins or more ago.. I could here them but oboiusly i wasnt making any movement or sound. because they sounded worried and i couldnt let them no i was ok.

I just kept thinking leave me alone im tired and just wanted to sleep. lol

didnt even think id had the op done!!

they also said they could belive how small my liver was?

so my six mounths of cutting down done the trick eh:thumbup:

this other lady was having same op but when they got inside her they found her liver wasnt small enough and also she had a hernea aswell so she got to go through it all again in 4 weeks time bless her..

sorry its long

Ann xx:tt1:

hi kerri

liquid intake not to good a mo.. found out its because im stilll full of gas and could take about a week for it to wear of. cant seem to burp though lol...ment to be walking to move the gas but its raining here. hope its nice tommorow.

it will get better im sure. not missing food at all. I thought id be hungry feeling faint because of lack of food but feel fine.:P

it hurts a little bit on side of the port. but thats all

Ann x:wub:

:thumbup:WELL DONE! I bet you are thrilled! I didn't know about the gas until I started reading this forum :P Thank goodness for this place!

realy pleased it all went well & you are ok. Take it real easy though, you may have very low energy levels for a while as you are not taking much in. I was glad I had 2 weeks off work.....It does help to shift the gas pain by walking though.

Take care

Julie x

gg

I had the band fittted on 30th may at 11am and was on my way home at 11 am on 31st may would have been early but had missunderstanting over my bladder not working. the thought it was because of op. some womens bladders stop working after surgery.

but once i finally got throught to them that me not p ing was normal i was aloud home

take care Ann xx

Your story was so interesting to read Ann.

I've been referred to Derby today by my GP. How long did it take till you heard something after your first referral?

How are you feeling this week too?

hi whoooosh

if i remember my doc suggest to me in july/aug to have lapband fitted 4 weeks for me to make up my mind if i wanted it. he reffered me in sept got my appt for 1st time at derby in nov 08 didnt here anything until end of april this year that was having op. didnt even no i was on the list.!!!

but i do have a spine problem thats y had op. had my spine straightened out last year (curved spine) aparantly it looked like a fish hook at base of spine.ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hips out now that is painful having them pushed back in place...

I dont know if thats why i wasnt waiting long or not. but they did tell me that the waiting time is 6 months there. which is good i thought a lot of plp on here wait years bless them xx

I cant belive i had it done 2 weeks ago!!! i thought i cant do 4 weeks liquid diet and im halfway there already.

Ann sorry its long answer.xx

1 last thing i lost 9 and 1/2 lbs in ten days when i went to sliming class on tue:thumbup:

Sorry for delay in reply Ann, I've been away to not-so-sunny Cleethorpes for the weekend.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far, that's absolutely brilliant :sad:

Are you finding the liquid diet hard to stick to & are you feeling hungry at all?

I'm also curious about how ppl cope with the 2 weeks liquid diet before the op too - or does motivation alone make you feel full? lol

hi whoooooosh

I wasnt told to do 2 weeks liquids b4 op ..

im on 4 weeks liquids after op

then 2 weeks purred

then mushies

then solids

I will admit that on sun i did have mashed potatoe chicken (chewed it to death lol) and carots and gravey..on a side plate

I was at my brothers and he didnt no i had it done so told him i was cutting down lol

also did have choc cake (chewed that to death too))) as neices birthday so couldnt say no to her bless

after dinner on sun first mouthful was a bit hard going down but the rest was ok. and was full up had to go and walk it off.:biggrin2:

Ann x