Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red on Fridays

Many of you may not know that I am a Viet Nam Vet. One of the most outrages things ever to happen to me in life was to return to this country and to face the hate and negative feelings people had towards me because I served in the conflict. I did what my government ask of me and I'd do it again if I had to.

We are still experiencing the same thing towards many of our dedicated men and women who give up a portion of their lives if not their life altogether to serve that this nation will remain free.

Those that oppose these men and women do so verbally, in print and in many other ways. They can do this because of the freedoms they have due to the men and women who have fought in our military, the ones they spit on and hate, who have keep their freedoms intact by going to fight a battle they know they may not return from.

Please no matter what your feelings are about the conflicts....DO NOT lose sight of the fact that those losing their lives there are just common good people who have families like you and I.

I ask you to join this movement to show your support for those fighting the war not necessarily the war itself:

Red on Fridays

You will soon see a lot of people wearing Red on Fridays Here's why .....

The Americans who support our troops, are the silent majority. We are not "organized" to reflect who we are, or to reflect what our opinions are.

Many Americans, like yourself, would like to start a grassroots movement

using the membership of the Special Operations Association, and Special

Forces Associations, and all their friends, simply, to recognize that

Americans support our troops. We need to inform the local VFW's and

American Legion, our local press, local TV, and continue carrying the

message to the national levels as we start to get this going. Our idea of

showing our solidarity and support for our troops is -starting Friday, and

continuing on each and every Friday, until this is over, that every red -

blooded American who supports our young men and women, WEAR SOMETHING RED.

Word of mouth, press, TV -- let's see! if we can make the United States, on any given Friday, a sea of red much like a home football game at a

University.

If every one of our memberships share this with other acquaintances,

fellow workers, friends, and neighbors, I guarantee that it will not be long

before the USA will be covered in RED - and make our troops know there are many people thinking of their well-being. You will feel better all day

Friday when you wear Red!

Let's get the word out and lead by example; wear RED on Fridays.

I sent this out to everyone on my email list; hopefully, you will too.

Wear Red on Fridays ....

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

FOR US, THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED!!

I'll definately be wearing my RED on Friday!

I can't express enough how much I appreciate all the men and women that are fighting for our freedom.

Thank you Greg for bringing this to our attention. You can be asured that I will send it to as many people that I can.

I might add here a "special" thanks for your part in fighting for our freedom. I appreciate ya! :D:D

Thanks Greg. I'm wearing RED this Friday in honor of you and my nephew, Doug, who just returned from Iraq to his young wife and two small children. Every other Friday thereafter I'm wearing RED in honor of our troops. Thank you for the sacrifice you made many years ago. A heart of gratitude for our troops is in order always, but from now on, Fridays are special days. What a great show of support! Thank you.

I'll be sporting my red this Friday too. Thanks Greg for letting us in on this opportunity.

Heather

Red is on for Friday ..

AND MAY I SAY THANK YOU GREG FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY.

My Dad served In Vietnam but does not talk about it whether he feels he will be judged or just wants to forget I do not know. Anyway I do have a cousins who is in Irag at the moment and I wish them a safe return as well as all our Men and Women over there.

Thank you Greg. You can count me in too! I think this is so important to give respect, recognition and thanks to all those to have and do serve our country. So many take our freedom for granted and don't realize how much others have sacrificed for the good of all.

You can count on me too. Thanks for serving our country.

I have a cousin and his wife in the service, and I still strongly support them and their cause. I believe in them and the hard work and dedication that they show each and every day. (As I do all service people)

Thanks for keeping us aware, and I will always try to remember to not take my freedom for granted.