Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So glad to find this! I'm in San Antonio and was banded by Dr. Sonny Cavazos at NE Baptist. I think he's just great! I've talked to a few of you on other threads...but glad to find the rest of you!

I'm one week post op and still on liquids but feeling fine. I go for my first fill Oct 9. Very exciting!

Dr. Cavazos did my surgery also. I'm so happy with him! Great job on your weight loss! He'll be so proud :redface:

Well its been a week since I was banded. I have lost 20 pounds in the last three weeks. I have never been so happy. I have gone from clear to creamed foods. Oh yes..soon I can have solids again. I am now on my way to being thin and healthy. Thank you Dr. Carcamo!!!!

Ooh I can't wait to be banded. I'm going to have my band done by Dr.Carcamo as well. He seems like a very nice man.

Ooh I can't wait to be banded. I'm going to have my band done by Dr.Carcamo as well. He seems like a very nice man.

Hi Drew. When will your paperwork be submited to the insurance company? Have you been to one of the monthy support group meetings? I have been to 2. One in January, and the one last month.

Hi Drew. When will your paperwork be submited to the insurance company? Have you been to one of the monthy support group meetings? I have been to 2. One in January, and the one last month.

I think the end of this month. And I haven't yet. How are they?

Some are better than others. It is nice to see people that don't look like they have ever had a weight problem. That is very inspiring to me.

I am considering the lap band and have been to the consultation with True Results in San Antonio. I want to have it done in the worst way, but researching all aspects before making my final decision. This is a big decision for many reasons, but since I am self pay I want to make sure it is right for me. For all those out there that are banded, do you have any regrets? Also, I see several have chosen Dr. Carcamo as their surgeon. Is he better than Dr. Wright or the others in that practice? I would love to have your input.

No regrets here! I have lost 40 pounds so far and am extremely happy with the results. Dr. Carcamo was my surgeon and I think he's great. I believe that Dr. Carcamo and Dr. Wright do all of their surgeries together. I was self pay also, so I needed to research my decision well also. This forum is a great place as well as True Results. Good luck with your decision.

Jeanette

I am considering the lap band and have been to the consultation with True Results in San Antonio. I want to have it done in the worst way, but researching all aspects before making my final decision. This is a big decision for many reasons, but since I am self pay I want to make sure it is right for me. For all those out there that are banded, do you have any regrets? Also, I see several have chosen Dr. Carcamo as their surgeon. Is he better than Dr. Wright or the others in that practice? I would love to have your input.

Since you're self pay, if you have time, why don't you check out Dr. Sonny Cavazos at Texas Bariatric located at Northeast Baptist Hospital? He's a wonderful skilled surgeon. He's very approachable and knowledgable.

Thank you rjtrimmer and restlessmonkey for your input. I suppose just like you probably were, I am a little apprehensive about the after effects of the surgery. Has the adjustment been bearable?

Jeanette, since you are using the same Dr.'s I am thinking of using, how was your overall experience with pre-op and post-op? When did you get banded?

Restlessmonkey, do you mind me asking how much your surgery cost and when you had it done? I had thought about checking out NE Baptist as well, but have yet to do so.

I would like to get the surgery done by the end of the year, if possible. Thanks for all your help in this decision making process.

Restlessmonkey, do you mind me asking how much your surgery cost and when you had it done? I had thought about checking out NE Baptist as well, but have yet to do so.

I would like to get the surgery done by the end of the year, if possible. Thanks for all your help in this decision making process.

Hi! I had insurance and really have no clue how much it will cost bottom line but I believe Dr. C said, in the seminar, that self pay lap band is 15k and that covers everything including fills for a year.

AND if you can get in to a seminar, I think by the end of the year is possible; he said turn around is 2-4 weeks. My first surgery was "delayed" by the psych consult that I had to have before my insurance would pay for it and it still happened fast...seminar 7/10, surgery 8/11.

Most lap band surgeries are done on Mondays; there's a bariatric wing, and it's easy to navigate the hospital (important there, I'm a nursing student and some are like rat mazes LOL)

Their web site is www.texasbariatric.com and the phone is 210 651-0303

You will need to attend a thurs evening seminar, I think, and then have a friday appt to meet Dr. C and confirm you want to proceed (that was the cattle call for me; don't know about out-of-towners).

All surgery carries risks, but between me (not gullible) and my DH who's been an RN since 1985 and went to the seminar fairly set against it (Dr C spent 30 minutes AFTER the seminar answering my husband's additional questions!) we both came away impressed. He's a good guy.

Post op? I recovered quickly, feel great, lost 41.4 pounds, and am never looking back! Please feel free to email jeffthurston55@gmail.com or PM me here if you have more questions! There are a few other patient's of Dr. C's here you can ask.

Good luck, whichever you decide. We're blessed to have many skilled surgeons around here. I love my band and hope you do, too. In fact I'd decided to self pay (as I put it to my husband, I'm worth as much as a Kia, aren't I? LOL) and my ins. came through!

txgirl55,

I was a self pay and yes !!! it is worth it. I paid 15k for the service and 1 year fill. I had the procedure done in another city and have moved to SA since I had the band put in place. LET ME KNOW please who you choose for a Dr. I need recommendation for a fill/check up Dr. Good luck in your Quest.< /p>