Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

g00dbyefat: I will be getting banded by Dr. Carcamo at Nix Healthcare downtown. I am a nurse and have heard really good things about True Results. That is where I wanted to have my surgery, but by insurance company would not approve it there. I have lost 19lbs since June following Weight Watchers core program, but have started my Atkins preop diet today. I have completed all my preop testing, but have an appt with Dr. Carcamo a week from this Friday. How soon can you get a date after everything is completed?

Please keep me posted on how you are doing. Hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

gina

g00dbyefat,

Yes I had my surgery in Savannah. The office is at Memorial Medical Center. The doctors names are Dr. Angstadt and Dr. Whipple. The number there is 912-350-3438. I think they are great. Either one is great and their staff too. Welcome to the Savannah Area.

GinaJ: I don't have my date yet...True Results said it would be this month thou. I did my pre-op bloodwork on Friday, they should have results by tomorrow. They said when they have it in, we will set a date. They told me to start the pre-op diet last week, so I'm assuming I'll get in quick.

Good luck w/ Atkins...so far it's worked well for me!!! What specifics did they tell you about carbs?

WOOHOO>>>Dr. Carcamo's office just called. They want me to come in for my pre-op apt. I told her I'm visiting my mom out of town and could I make the pre-op apt the same week as surgery. She said it shouldn't be a problem. She'll check w/ him tomorrow, and we'll go from there. I asked her how far out we're looking....she said she could get me in as early as 8/14 next Thurs! OMG>>>:thumbup:

I just started my two-week Atkins diet on Wednesday. I have absolutely no energy right now, hopefully it gets better soon. As of right now I will be having my surgery on June 25th with Dr. Carcamo. They said it was a tentative date so I hope nothing changes. Best of luck Drew05 and GinaJ.:cool2:

Jeanette

Hi there, I am going to be banded by Dr. Carcamo this month. I was wondering if you could tell me how you liked him? Also about your surgery day in detail? I'm excited, but a bit nervous as I've only had tonsils out as a kid.

Thanks

gOOdbyefat: congratulations on your date!!!!

I was told to eat no more than 20g of fat. What about you?

HI my fellow San Antonioans! I also used Dr. Cavazos from NE Baptist. For all those who have benn banded....ya'll are doing great! For those going to be ban......ya'll won't regret it!

For those of you who have Dr. Cavazos......have you ever went for a follow up and didn't lose what he wanted you too? I'm so scared to go in there next week because I only lost 2 pounds in 5 weeks! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup::cool2::thumbup:

He wants me to lose about 2 lbs a week. He's going to be so dissapointed.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

gOOdbyefat: congratulations on your date!!!!

I was told to eat no more than 20g of fat. What about you?

I was told no more than 30grams of carbs a day. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. I found sf fudgesicles today that are only 8gms carbs...YAY! Pretty much been eating just meat, cheese, eggs, salad(and lots of it)...got 1carb salad dressing, and ketchup, and veggies. I felt a bit tired first 2 days or so, but better now!

Edited by g00dbyefat

Those of you who were banded by Dr. Cavazos how was post op diet...how long on liquid before full liquid? How soon to mushies? I am not planning to be banded until October, but would like to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for any info....

g00dbyefat: I will be getting banded by Dr. Carcamo at Nix Healthcare downtown. I am a nurse and have heard really good things about True Results. That is where I wanted to have my surgery, but by insurance company would not approve it there. I have lost 19lbs since June following Weight Watchers core program, but have started my Atkins preop diet today. I have completed all my preop testing, but have an appt with Dr. Carcamo a week from this Friday. How soon can you get a date after everything is completed?

Please keep me posted on how you are doing. Hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

gina

I was banded Monday 8/25/08 and doing GREAT! Not enough stuff to say about Dr. Carcamo and the staff at the NIX hospital. Everyone was VERY pleasant and helpful.

Dr. Carcamo did a great job on my surgery because i didn't have any gas pain, nausea or any pain. Just dull ache at the largest 1 1/2" cut where he placed the port. I was told on Friday before my surgery that I was going to have to stay overnight, that freaked me out, but it was GREAT! Everything was good, I'm back in Savannah and all is good! :thumbdown:

Good luck on your surgery.....

So glad to find this! I'm in San Antonio and was banded by Dr. Sonny Cavazos at NE Baptist. I think he's just great! I've talked to a few of you on other threads...but glad to find the rest of you!

I'm one week post op and still on liquids but feeling fine. I go for my first fill Oct 9. Very exciting!

I was banded Monday 8/25/08 and doing GREAT! Not enough stuff to say about Dr. Carcamo and the staff at the NIX hospital. Everyone was VERY pleasant and helpful.

Dr. Carcamo did a great job on my surgery because i didn't have any gas pain, nausea or any pain. Just dull ache at the largest 1 1/2" cut where he placed the port. I was told on Friday before my surgery that I was going to have to stay overnight, that freaked me out, but it was GREAT! Everything was good, I'm back in Savannah and all is good! :shades_smile:

Good luck on your surgery.....

I too loved Dr. Carcamo and the staff at the Nix. What made you come all the way from Georgia to San Antonio? My sons were born at Fort Benning in Ga.

I'm glad your home and doing well. Please keep me posted on how you are doing.

Gina

Hello . I have been seeing Dr Carcomo and Dr Laeos for over 6 months. I had to do the Dr. thing because of BCBS. I didn't have a 5 year record of going to the Dr. I never go the the Dr. Anyway. I have done it all and was concerned when I would hear anything. Then bam out of the blue in On Friday 09/05 I get a call to order the Meal Replacement drinks. I have an appointment with Dr Carcomo on my birthday 09/18 and hopefully he will do my surgey on the 25th. I am so excited. I have lost 7 pounds since starting this nasty drink. But it will all be worth it. I will be going to Nix hospital because my insurance would not approve the place on Data Point. So it means a night in the hospital, but that to will be worth it in the end. I am 260 pounds with a goal of 120. In small goals of 25 pounds each. I love this site i have found. I have spent all weekend reading posts of all kinds and learning so much. Some good some well terrible. But you have to take the bad with the good. Good luck to us all!

weight.png