Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Frangi you are very different from me in your feelings towards more surgery. My girls need to be lifted BADLY but the thought of going through another surgery just isn't appealing to me. It really is the fact that I couldn't run that has me dreading the up coming surgery. My PS told me to wait 2 more weeks before starting running and then I have ZERO restrictions on exercising. So as you can see from my signature...I have my runs already planned out. I am really going to have to push myself.

I had a pretty easy recovery with very little pain but you were AMAZING with how easily you got around. I had a wonderful DH who hovered perhaps a bit too much and wouldn't let me do anything. Almost 3 weeks before he would let me drive and then it was just to the grocery store down the block!

I am excited to hear about your upcoming surgery and I think you should just stay here. I think you have a great support group on this thread...and plus I won't have to add to my subscriptions!!!

Just curious, were you a runner before lapband? How and at what point did you get started on a running routine? A whole marathon is so far out in my wildest dreams!

Frangi: I think you should stay with this thread if Becky doesn't mind. I'm not sure I'll start a thread for round 2, I'm with you on posting pictures of my behind! LOL! Somehow, I don't mind posting pictures of the droopy arms! Well, I'll have to see if I can find some underwear that will show the problems without showing the whole thing or I will just PM to those who really want to see. Hmmm!

Hey Becky!

How did your Dr. appointment go? Is the infection clearing up?

I saw my GYN this time because she is just a few minutes away vs. the 45 minute drive to the PS. She says the yeast infection is gone and the remaining irritation will clear up without prescription meds. She suggested zinc oxide ointment. It is getting better, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be good as new in a few days.

Re Pics:

I will take before pics, but it remains to be seen whether or not I will post pics of my saggy, baggy derrière on the WWW (probably not) -- although I would be willing to send pics via PM to you and Karey and anyone else who might be interested in the procedure.

I understand completely. It is hard to post those before shots. I actually surprised myself when I did decide to post my before picture. Once I had the after shot, the difference was so dramatic that I felt like it was ok and might encourage others.

Re Thread:

Do you think I should start a new thread? I was thinking about just continuing on with this one, but what do you ladies think?

I guess the only reason to start a new thread would be for the benefit of others who haven't been following this thread. There have been over 10,700 views of this thread though, so it looks like plenty of people are following along right here.

I am feeling very vain and self-indulgent right now with all of this focus on my appearance, and I'm definitely feeling the need to move on to other things...........

I know what you mean. I still plan to have my second plastic surgery in the coming months, but I really want to move on too. The focus on the package is getting old. I have spent the past year pretty self absorbed with my focus on weight loss and then fixing the resulting damage. I have a lot more going on in my life and I want to put my mental energy into other things now.

I can definitely see how (why) people can become very focused on having "everything" fixed, because once you've been through it once, it becomes much easier to do it again.

It does become very tempting to keep going, but I plan to stop after I have the breast and arms fixed. There is no such thing as perfection, and once you get one thing fixed then something else starts bothering you. I definitely do not want to be one of those people who just doesn't know when to quit. For me personally, I think learning to accept my flaws and age gracefully is an important life lesson. I do dislike several aspects of my appearance, however I think that is all the more reason that I need to focus on self acceptance.

Frangi: I think you should stay with this thread if Becky doesn't mind.

Heavens no, I don't mind. I've loved sharing the thread!

It does become very tempting to keep going, but I plan to stop after I have the breast and arms fixed. There is no such thing as perfection, and once you get one thing fixed then something else starts bothering you. I definitely do not want to be one of those people who just doesn't know when to quit. For me personally, I think learning to accept my flaws and age gracefully is an important life lesson. I do dislike several aspects of my appearance, however I think that is all the more reason that I need to focus on self acceptance.

Not only that, at some point, I think it becomes very diminishing returns. We've all seen people who have had too much surgery and they have that fake, plastic, mask-like, look. Michael Jackson and Wayne Newton immediately pop into my mind, but there are lots of others.

However, I really would like to know who Demi Moore works with. By all accounts she's had absolutely everything done (even her knees apparently) and she looks fantastic (!!!) -- and not plastic looking at all.

Frangi: I think you should stay with this thread if Becky doesn't mind. I'm not sure I'll start a thread for round 2, I'm with you on posting pictures of my behind! LOL! Somehow, I don't mind posting pictures of the droopy arms! Well, I'll have to see if I can find some underwear that will show the problems without showing the whole thing or I will just PM to those who really want to see. Hmmm!

Hi Karey,

Thanks for the feedback regarding whether or not to start a new thread. Yeah, I don't think pics of my behind are something that I should inflict on the world. I even feel really sorry for my Dr. having to work on it (seriously LOL :rolleyes:). That man is a true Saint in my mind!!!

Frangi you are very different from me in your feelings towards more surgery. My girls need to be lifted BADLY but the thought of going through another surgery just isn't appealing to me. It really is the fact that I couldn't run that has me dreading the up coming surgery. My PS told me to wait 2 more weeks before starting running and then I have ZERO restrictions on exercising. So as you can see from my signature...I have my runs already planned out. I am really going to have to push myself.

I had a pretty easy recovery with very little pain but you were AMAZING with how easily you got around. I had a wonderful DH who hovered perhaps a bit too much and wouldn't let me do anything. Almost 3 weeks before he would let me drive and then it was just to the grocery store down the block!

I am excited to hear about your upcoming surgery and I think you should just stay here. I think you have a great support group on this thread...and plus I won't have to add to my subscriptions!!!

Thanks for the feedback, encouragement, and kind words Salsa :smile::smile::smile:!!!

Good luck with your upcoming events -- you are going to be kicking some major A$$ this fall, and loving it all the time I'm sure!!! Keep us posted:thumbup::biggrin::thumbup:!

Edited by Frangipani

You all are too funny. I enjoy reading this thread even though it doesn't concern me at all. I have always had a big round butt. So tell me girls, after weight loss does it go away; aka flat? Or is that a personal body shape thing. I can picture a hanging tummy flap but a sagging butt I can not.

Hey Fluffy,

Good to hear from you, how's it going?

Did you like Dr. Z and Alma? Isn't that a great group of people in Monterrey?

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying our thread :thumbup:!

Re Butt:

I think it's a very unpredictable thing that depends on a lot of factors, and I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about it at this point. Trust me, you'll still look great in clothes, even if you end up with a flat backside -- especially if you wear the right foundation garments, which can shape the derrière quite nicely.

Hey Ladies,

This is not PS related, but for all of you looking for (or needing like me) new clothing. White House Black Market is having a sale where they are taking 40% off the sale prices. I just came back from their sale and I got 6 gorgeous blouses, 1 sweater, and a pair of shoes all for $153!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Check it out -- they also have a good selection of merchandise online, and if you're a "Black Book" member you an additional 5% discount and free shipping. (Note: The online sale prices reflect the additional 40% discount -- in the stores they will discount the sale price you see on the tag 40%.)

White House | Black Market - Home

They ship quickly too. I ordered a few things online yesterday that I knew I wouldn't be able to get here, and I received a shipping confirmation within hours.

Happy shopping! :thumbup:

Edited by Frangipani

Frangipani - I have to say that I am firmly in the camp of the Demi Moores! If you can get it done and it makes you feel better, then go for it is my principle - then again I have a similar veiw on most things, if it feels good and it doesnt hurt anyone, then why not??

It is narcissistic theres no denying it, but I figure that after all the work that we have put into losing the weight and getting healthy we deserve it!

Pump up that butt hon, and enjoy strutting your funky stuff!

Nina xx

Frangipani - I have to say that I am firmly in the camp of the Demi Moores! If you can get it done and it makes you feel better, then go for it is my principle - then again I have a similar veiw on most things, if it feels good and it doesnt hurt anyone, then why not??

It is narcissistic theres no denying it, but I figure that after all the work that we have put into losing the weight and getting healthy we deserve it!

Pump up that butt hon, and enjoy strutting your funky stuff!

Nina xx

Hey Nina,

Thanks for the encouragement girl!!! LOL, you're hilarious :mad2::lol::smile:!

What I'm realizing as I talk to people in real time is that SO many women have had a little work done -- and if they haven't, they definitely want to wink.gif.

Okay, I went to see my ps today and I have a date for my surgery! Whoa! October 16th! I'm going to have a lot more work done than I previously thought. I have lost more weight since my TT, so I have a lot of loose skin on my upper abdomen. Dr. Saltz wants to do an anchor incision and revise my lower one to get everything tight. Also, going to do my arms. Also, going to do my thighs and a butt lift and lots of Lipo. He said it would take about 6 hours. I'm actually excited about all this. He is going to do the same thing that Frangi's doc is doing with the butt lift, he will add my own back fat to my bottom to round it out. (Sounds reall appetizing, doesn't it). My journey is almost finished. This is exciting stuff. I couldn't talk him into the horizontial thigh lift in front like Becky had. He said it would be too much. But I'll be so close to being the best that I can be! Four weeks after all this surgery, I'll get my knee done and then rehab for the entire body! I'm glad that Frangi is doing this soon.

oh frangi & karey - the booty is the ONLY thing not shrinking on me; i'd be happy to share...:thumbup::tongue: i got enough padding to supply you both...LOL.

keep the thread alive - i keep following you both onto the next phase.

lulu