Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Frangi: This is exciting! Can't wait to learn from you this go around. I was thinking of having my surgery in January. Right now I feel pretty crappy, still experiencing a lot of nausea and tiredness from my slip. I'm going to the doc today to see what they can do for me. The way I feel right now, I just can't imagine having more surgery, but I know my vanity will get the best of me!

Hi Karey,

Thanks! :cry_smile::smile::drool:

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Good luck with the Dr. today, and I hope he/she gets you all fixed up and feeling better.

Okay this is so confusing! I went to the website on buttocks and found it very interesting. His facelifts using fat grafts looked really good also. Now, I'm not sure how to approach my ps and ask him about these techniques. I'm thinking that I need to stop losing weight so I have a little fat left for my face and butt. Boy is that a weird thought! I guess I will once again, bring my list of questions to the doc. Maybe with some pictures. Doesn't look like the SC ps does the technique of using your own fat flap. Well, for the money, I want want is ultimately going to look the best, even if I have to go to SC or NY. But, it's diffiuclt because I feel so grateful to my PS for what he has already done for me. I'm a very loyal person. Hard to know what to do. Just remember, Frangi, I'll be watching you!

Hi Karey,

I hope all went well with the Dr. yesterday and you're feeling much better.

Okay this is so confusing! I went to the website on buttocks and found it very interesting. His facelifts using fat grafts looked really good also.

I liked Dr. Robert's website too, but the once concern I would have about him is whether or not he has experience in working with post bariatric surgery patients like us.

I'm thinking that I need to stop losing weight so I have a little fat left for my face and butt. Boy is that a weird thought!

LOL :w00t:!

. Well, for the money, I want want is ultimately going to look the best, even if I have to go to SC or NY. But, it's diffiuclt because I feel so grateful to my PS for what he has already done for me. I'm a very loyal person.

I would find it very hard to switch doctors at this point, and your Dr. seems excellent. I've run across his name a few times on these PS forums and his patients seem very happy. Assuming that you're also happy with him, I think there is a lot of benefit in working with the same surgeon from start to finish on something like this.

Just remember, Frangi, I'll be watching you!

No problem, I'll be happy to share as the process unfolds.

I thought I might email the butt guy and ask him if he does LBL in conjunction with agmentation, just for the heck of it. I'm not sure that my doc has a lot of experience with agmentation, either and I don't think he uses the micro whatever technique that was described. Right now it's all just talk because I'm not up for any of it right now. Still feel pretty crappy, thought my doc put me on a few new medicines that are helping the nausea, etc.

I thought I might email the butt guy and ask him if he does LBL in conjunction with agmentation, just for the heck of it. I'm not sure that my doc has a lot of experience with agmentation, either and I don't think he uses the micro whatever technique that was described. Right now it's all just talk because I'm not up for any of it right now. Still feel pretty crappy, thought my doc put me on a few new medicines that are helping the nausea, etc.

Hi Karey,

Sorry to hear that you are still having such a rough time of it, and I hope it resolves soon.

"Butt guy," that's funny :lol:! Let me know what you find out.

After you alerted me to it, I took a look at his other website that features his facelifts, and WOW! :tt1::tt1::tt1: His work is amazing!!!!

As much as I like and appreciate my surgeon, when it comes time to do the face, I have no loyalty whatsoever (:tt2::tongue::tongue:), and I will be looking for the absolute best of the best.

I consider the face to be in it's own special category, and this guy will definitely be on my list of people to talk to when the time comes........

Frangi: I thought his faces were amazing also, and I am considering a face lift. That's why I wonder if I should think about it, since I don't have that much fat left (YEAH) and did to think about if I should use it in my butt or face. Oh, things can get kind of bizarre can't they? I would feel sad to end my relationship with my PS, cause I really do like him, but if he can't do what I want then maybe I should consider it. I have every confidence that he can do a wonderful job on a LBL, it's just the butt thing I'm not sure about. I have also seen face lifts from my ps and they are very good, just not sure if they are as good as the "butt" guys. (He's always going to be the butt guy to me). LOL!

Frangi: I thought his faces were amazing also, and I am considering a face lift. That's why I wonder if I should think about it, since I don't have that much fat left (YEAH) and did to think about if I should use it in my butt or face. Oh, things can get kind of bizarre can't they? I would feel sad to end my relationship with my PS, cause I really do like him, but if he can't do what I want then maybe I should consider it. I have every confidence that he can do a wonderful job on a LBL, it's just the butt thing I'm not sure about. I have also seen face lifts from my ps and they are very good, just not sure if they are as good as the "butt" guys. (He's always going to be the butt guy to me). LOL!

Hi Karey,

I hope you're feeling better!

I am so excited now about finding this Dr. Roberts -- his work really is amazing!!! Now I want you to consult with him, and let me know what you find out.

If you do consult with him though, please practice saying "Dr. Roberts" on the plane ride over, I would hate for you to accidentally address him as "Butt Guy" to his face :thumbup::lol::thumbup:!

Edited by Frangipani

Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation. I missed my daily dose of LBT, but I've been trying to catch up on all the latest post.

Wow Frangi! Your next round of surgery is in about two weeks. That is fantastic news. I read with great interest about your plans to get the butt rounded out a bit. I know you're going to look wonderful. What else are you having done this time? Is it just the butt or are you having something done to the thighs too?

Today is eight weeks since my surgery. I am feeling great now and I've returned to all of my pre surgery activities. The swelling is persistent in the evenings, but I am noticing improvement day by day.

One new problem appeared just a few days before my vacation. I woke up one morning with a rash on my left thigh right at the panty line. It was bright red but no itching or pain so I decided it must be just a little heat rash. By the next day the rash had spread further down my leg and onto my butt. It looked and felt like a terrible diaper rash. I called the plastic surgeon since it started in the area where my left thigh incision was. He had me come in and decided it was a yeast infection of the skin and gave me oral and topical medications. Well things improved pretty quickly and I really had no problem while I was away, but upon returning to Texas (and the heat) it has flared up again, at least as bad as before, so I'm headed back to the doctor today. I mention all of this because I think it is another important reminder that following major surgery - even 8 weeks out - there are still issues and complications that can arise. My doc told me that yeast is always present but only rarely causes infection. Because my system is still weakened as I continue to recover from my surgery, my body was unable to overcome the infection. Anyway, hopefully I'll get some new meds today and be back on the road to recovery.

I hope today is a great day for everyone!

Edited by TexasBecky

Hi Becky,

Welcome back! We missed you!!! How was your vacation(s)?

Sorry to hear about the yeast infection and good luck with the Dr. today. I'm sure once you get back on meds it will clear up pretty quickly.

Yes, my surgery is exactly two weeks from today, which is a good thing because my backside is driving me absolutely crazy!!! I'm having "the works" done to the backside and thighs -- lift, liposuction and buttocks augmentation. I can hardly believe it, but my butt is flat and getting flatter by the day and I have never, ever had a flat butt.

Anyhow, more to follow with this story, I'm sure............

Have a great day :D:smile::unsure:!

Frangi: I may not be too far behind you for the back side after all. I just found out today that I have to have surgery on my knee. GRRR! They said it would be up to 4 months before returning to full exercise routine! So, I thought while I was laid off, I might move up my back side surgery and get it all done, that way I can get on with life and hopefully not have another down turn. I called my ps and will see him on Tues. Seems that I need to have the BL and braichoplasty before the knee surgery, because I will need to rehab in the Water and can't do that for about 1 month after my BL and will need to start about 2 weeks after the knee surgery. So looks like I will need to have the BL about 2-3 weeks before the knee surgery. I just hope I can get it all worked out. Not sure how having my arms done will work while needing crutches. Now that I think about it, I may just wait for a while for both surgeries. I still don't feel very well. Keep having nausea. Seeing the lap band doc on Thurs for that. Sorry to be thinking/typing out loud. Will quit. Can't wait to hear out this surgery goes.

Hi Karey,

No problem typing and thinking out loud -- sometimes you just need to do that.......

Big hugs to you and sorry to hear about your knee problems -- just what you needed on top of everything else right now, huh?

I agree that there are advantages to having everything done in one solid block of time. To me, surgery (and recovering from surgery) is a highly disruptive thing -- which is why I am on an absolute mission to have everything that I "need" done this summer.

On the other hand, I can also understand why you might want to hold off a bit on the PS with the Lap Band problems you've had lately -- too much surgery at once might not be a good thing for you under the circumstances.

It is kind of a tough call for sure, and I hope that you and your doctors get it all worked out in a way you makes you feel most comfortable.

Thanks. I just wish that I could feel a little better. I would like to get it all done and just have it done! I guess I'll have a better idea after I talk with my ps.

Karey,

Sorry things are not working out the way you want them. We are all here for you to cheer you up!! I hope things work out for you real soon!:crying:

Hi Becky,

Yes, my surgery is exactly two weeks from today, which is a good thing because my backside is driving me absolutely crazy!!! I'm having "the works" done to the backside and thighs -- lift, liposuction and buttocks augmentation. I can hardly believe it, but my butt is flat and getting flatter by the day and I have never, ever had a flat butt.

Frangi, I know when we get one thing fixed it just makes the other stuff bug us even more. Now that I'm looking pretty good from the waist down, my upper body is really looking worse than ever. The LBL helped perk up my butt quite a bit, but it is still flatter than I would like. I'm sure I could have benefited from some augmentation back there. Can't wait to see your results! Be sure to take some before pictures. What about the thighs? Are you getting the vertical or horizontal incisions?

Are you going to start a new thread for round two or stay with this one? It must feel good having been down this road before. Are you more comfortable about the upcoming surgery this time? I know I'm bombarding you with questions, but I'm really living vicariously now, since my second round of PS is still to come. Enough for now. Becky

Frangi, I know when we get one thing fixed it just makes the other stuff bug us even more. Now that I'm looking pretty good from the waist down, my upper body is really looking worse than ever. The LBL helped perk up my butt quite a bit, but it is still flatter than I would like. I'm sure I could have benefited from some augmentation back there. Can't wait to see your results! Be sure to take some before pictures. What about the thighs? Are you getting the vertical or horizontal incisions?

Are you going to start a new thread for round two or stay with this one? It must feel good having been down this road before. Are you more comfortable about the upcoming surgery this time? I know I'm bombarding you with questions, but I'm really living vicariously now, since my second round of PS is still to come. Enough for now. Becky

Hey Becky!

How did your Dr. appointment go? Is the infection clearing up?

Re Pics:

I will take before pics, but it remains to be seen whether or not I will post pics of my saggy, baggy derrière on the WWW (probably not) -- although I would be willing to send pics via PM to you and Karey and anyone else who might be interested in the procedure.

Re Thread:

Do you think I should start a new thread? I was thinking about just continuing on with this one, but what do you ladies think?

Re Medial Thighs:

I'm not doing medial thighs at this time. Dr. M doesn't like to do medial and lateral thighs during the same operation (and I know that Dr.'s vary wildly as to what they will or will not do during a single operation), and I also want to wait to see if its something I want (need?) done. If I decide to do it, I will definitely wait until at least next year, as I want to push past this last operation and get on with the rest of my life.

I am feeling very vain and self-indulgent right now with all of this focus on my appearance, and I'm definitely feeling the need to move on to other things...........

I am feeling more comfortable about this second operation, but I must say that I was very calm and anxiety free about the first one. That said, having experience with the Dr., the hospital, and "the drill" helps a whole lot. I can definitely see how (why) people can become very focused on having "everything" fixed, because once you've been through it once, it becomes much easier to do it again.

Have a great day!!!