Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

How's it going Gang !!!

Who has plans for the 4th?? Who's having BBQ's or going to them??

Do you have a plan in place on what you are going to it - Planing is very important.

Make sure you eat Breakfast - and then plan what you are eating - tally the calories and stay within your budgets..

If you are at home - it's easier cuz you control the foods you server - but if you are out - then just take a small portion of what is being served - Protein 1st then veggies then starches - Eat watermelon instead of cake (make sure you take tiny bites) and if you just can't pass up the cake - do the 3 bite rule - allow yourself 3 bites then throw it away or give to someone else. Remember it's not those 3 bites that got us fat it's eating 3 or 4 pieces of cake.

Here's some sauages/hot dog info that my freind salsa posted

I forgot to post this for everyone. I found 97% fat free Hebrew National Hot Dogs at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago. They only have 45 calories per hot dog. So for those of you who are not planning to spend their 4th of July in a compression garment sipping on a vicodin margarita this could be a great alternative to bring with you to a BBQ. Also if you are looking for sausages...Johnsonville has great Turkey/Cheddar sausages that are 130 calories. If you can find the Jenny-O Turkey cheddar sausages they are only 120. I eat these a lot for breakfast. I love em! You should be able to find any of these in the hot dog section of your favorite grocery store!

I do, I am having a BBQ here in the evening so that will be my dinner. I will have one sirloin burger (probably more like half as that's usually all I can eat) sans the bun, some baked Beans, and will sip on Water (not while eating).

As for sausages, costco also has a great one made from chicken. I am out right now so don't know the calorie count etc. but when I was on WW they were 2 to 3 points depending on the variety.

I do, I am having a BBQ here in the evening so that will be my dinner. I will have one sirloin burger (probably more like half as that's usually all I can eat) sans the bun, some baked Beans, and will sip on Water (not while eating).

As for sausages, costco also has a great one made from chicken. I am out right now so don't know the calorie count etc. but when I was on WW they were 2 to 3 points depending on the variety.

If they are the same ones I got there - apple/cheese??? they are only 130 and like 15 pt - and are good - i didn't think I would like it cuz of the apple (don't like fruit with my meats - don't do mint w/lamb or cranberry w/turkey) but they were really good.

Good you are planning !!! :thumbup:

If they are the same ones I got there - apple/cheese??? they are only 130 and like 15 pt - and are good - i didn't think I would like it cuz of the apple (don't like fruit with my meats - don't do mint w/lamb or cranberry w/turkey) but they were really good.

Good you are planning !!! :thumbup:

Oh no I'd never get the apple one. But I do remember seeing it, they had like 6 varieties when I had gotten them, however, they were demoing them at the time and the person doing the demo says they usually only have one or 2 varieties in the store unless they are running a promo. No fruit in my meat either. Fruit is more for my dessert.

Oh no I'd never get the apple one. But I do remember seeing it, they had like 6 varieties when I had gotten them, however, they were demoing them at the time and the person doing the demo says they usually only have one or 2 varieties in the store unless they are running a promo. No fruit in my meat either. Fruit is more for my dessert.

They had 3 jalapeno - sun dried tomate - and the apple - i gotta tell you the apple/cheese (i think that's what it was) was really good - you don't taste any apple - I tried all 3 - I thought I would like the jalepeno one the best - but it was the worst - I bought the apple/cheese - next time they demo it - try it - you are a new person with your band so you gotta try new stuff :lol::lol:

Hi Janet and everyone, Well tomorrow is my doctors post op visit. I have two more weeks of mushies to go. Yesterday I had a Unjury with milk and half cup of oatmeal for breakfast, half cup of cottage cheese for lunch and sf pudding, snack a Protein bullet and then supper I had two scrambled eggs with melted cheese on top, later natural applesauce..I finally had a bm which made me feel better. First one since band on June 18. In between that I tried to get a couple bottles of Water in. Anyway I am anxious to see what the doc says. I have to go one hour away. It almost seems like there is no band in me. I haven't tried to eat anything I am not supposed to though so really don't know. The nutrionist says not to worry about weight loss much until my six weeks of healing are up. Man sure does seem like a long time. I made shish ka bobs , baked potateo, salad and fresh strawberries with shortcake for dinner on Sunday and all I had was a half of baked potato with fake butter and low fat sour cream I am like you Janet. I love real butter. I will be glad when I can have coffee.< /p>

Well hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th and we all keep loosing. Beckyo

Hi Janet and everyone, Well tomorrow is my doctors post op visit. I have two more weeks of mushies to go. Yesterday I had a unjury with milk and half cup of oatmeal for Breakfast, half cup of cottage cheese for lunch and sf pudding, snack a Protein bullet and then supper I had two scrambled eggs with melted cheese on top, later natural applesauce..I finally had a bm which made me feel better. First one since band on June 18. In between that I tried to get a couple bottles of Water in. Anyway I am anxious to see what the doc says. I have to go one hour away. It almost seems like there is no band in me. I haven't tried to eat anything I am not supposed to though so really don't know. The nutrionist says not to worry about weight loss much until my six weeks of healing are up. Man sure does seem like a long time. I made shish ka bobs , baked potateo, salad and fresh strawberries with shortcake for dinner on Sunday and all I had was a half of baked potato with fake butter and low fat sour cream I am like you Janet. I love real butter. I will be glad when I can have coffee.

Well hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th and we all keep loosing. Beckyo

Becky

I really like my "can't beleive it's not butter spray" I use it on my veggies, rice, tatoes etc. Sounds Like you are doing really good though.

Are you full on what you eat - that's restriction... I think we all want to get stuck and pb at least once to see what every one is always talking about - but at this stage you don't want to cuz you are healing - don't worry it will come..

Let us know how your doc's visit went..

Indio - so glad you are here. :) I have enjoyed your posts all around the forum because you give practical and positive advice. I have noticed that some are getting a bit snippy with newbies and I hate to see that because I don't want people to get discouraged and miss out on the support here. :thumbup:

I for one will be thrilled to never know what a PB feels like. :lol:

Thanks for the reminder about planning - I was planning for the lunch with my brother Saturday. We are visiting family Friday and Saturday. I need to think about Friday especially if we end up going downtown for hours for concerts & fireworks. I am still on full liquids so preparation is important.

Hello, I am new to this support page. I had the lap-band surgery July 2007. I have not had the benefit of being involved in a support group, and I believe it would help.

My doctor is Dr. Rachael Keilin. They are 3 hours away though and we do not have a support group close. I hope to get connected with people because I have gotten off track. I had to have three fills taken out due to drainage from allergies. I am scheduled for an appointment on Monday to get a fill, but since I am open I can eat more, hungry more, and I am eating whatever without being challenged. I am also discouraged because I can't seem to get things on the right track with exercise and eating right again.

I hope this works for support. I have never done something like this before.

Hello, I am new to this support page. I had the lap-band surgery July 2007. I have not had the benefit of being involved in a support group, and I believe it would help.

My doctor is Dr. Rachael Keilin. They are 3 hours away though and we do not have a support group close. I hope to get connected with people because I have gotten off track. I had to have three fills taken out due to drainage from allergies. I am scheduled for an appointment on Monday to get a fill, but since I am open I can eat more, hungry more, and I am eating whatever without being challenged. I am also discouraged because I can't seem to get things on the right track with exercise and eating right again.

I hope this works for support. I have never done something like this before.

Danita - Support is very necessary - we need the accountability.. I have been on LBT since 5/14/07. It's my transfer addiction :thumbup: Also, please note - that I give tough band love (love being the operative word)

I am sorry for your struggles and will help in anyway I can.

1st thing our band is only a tool - but it does have to be maintained in order for it to assist us.

They banded our tummies not our head - our band doesn't make our food choices - You first have to dedicate yourself to eating healthy and exercising - these are the key ingredients to being a successful bander.

This isn't about a diet - diets don't work - what happens when you go off them you regain all your weight plus - What we consider eating normal is what got us fat to begin with - plus the lack of physical activity.

Follow the banders rules - no drinking with meals or after for at least 1/2 hr- eat hard Protein first - veggies next and carbs/starches if any room left.

Go to your pantry clean it out of all the junk - if it's not there you can't eat - plan a one week menu filled with 3 healthy meals and 2 healthy Snacks (low fat - sf or limited sugar and avoid refined carbs) go buy the items on your list and only the items on your list. Then track your food intake - alot of pple like dailyplate.com - I feel that weighing and measuring your food along with tracking your calories is a great learning tool - as fat pple we don't know what a serving size is - we think a pint of ice cream is a serving not 1/2 cup... You won't have to do this forever - but I suggest doing it til you are comfortable with knowing how many calories you are consuming and that you have a good grasp on what a serving is and the # of calories in that item you are eating.

Secondly you have to allow for some treats - but they must be within your daily calorie budget (800 to 1200) and you need to vary these daily to keep your metabolism going... So if it's Saturday and you want an ice cream cone - have 1 scoop on a sugar cone - and say it's calorie count is 225 - you are going to either eliminate a snack or decrease you food for one meal to compensate for that treat

I eat healthy 98% of the time and allow 2% treats but again within my calorie budget

Physical Activity - I know it's hard to begin with - but start slow walk then each week increase your speed and mileage (I started out doing a 25 min mile - now I am doing 16 minute miles on inclines up to 10 3 miles x 2 times a week and I also have included weight training 2 times a week the last few months)

You may not have good restriction now - but you can choose to eat a healthy diet and get back into the habit of following the banders rules.

If you think you are hungry - drink some Water - get on the computer come here - go clean out a drawer - take a walk - do something to distract yourself..

I am almost 1 yr out - and even when I am full (i have good restriction) I can still have head hunger issue and want to continue to eat. Now I don't feed the head hunger - I go find something to do..

You can do this - the band isn't the magical answer to our weight issues it's just a tool - IMHO we must do a lot of head work to use this tool to it's fullest advantage..

Let me know what else I can help you with - I am here for you and I know that you can do this once you get your mind into the game..

Hugs.

Janet

Indio - so glad you are here. :lol: I have enjoyed your posts all around the forum because you give practical and positive advice. I have noticed that some are getting a bit snippy with newbies and I hate to see that because I don't want people to get discouraged and miss out on the support here. :thumbup:

I for one will be thrilled to never know what a PB feels like. :biggrin:

Thanks for the reminder about planning - I was planning for the lunch with my brother Saturday. We are visiting family Friday and Saturday. I need to think about Friday especially if we end up going downtown for hours for concerts & fireworks. I am still on full liquids so preparation is important.

Brown Bear

I love what you have under your name/handle

No Excuses :) That's the ticket !!!

Yes some of us long timers can get a little snippy - some can forget that they were newbies too - and some pple are just too smart for their own briches imho... But I really really try and to be understanding and if I just can't read one more what's a pb - then i just ignore it - I had wonderful pple here to help me when I started this journey - and now I just want to pay it forward (I am a big believer in paying it forward)

We are all fatties/obese whatever title/label you want to put on us and imho no one understand us like another fattie/obese person can - a skinny person doesn't get us - but I get you I get why you like to eat (well for the most part cuz we all are a little diff) - and yes pratical is my middle name - just a plain everyday no nonsense talk - that's me..

Pb = Productive burp - My def - a burp with food that comes back up - but sometime it can be a little more forceful than just a burb - sorta like throwing up but without the stomach acid - there can be diff degrees depending on what you are stuck. Slime is the stuff your body produces to help get the stuck food down your stomach (saliva) and it will bubble back up and your bp will be full of it with the offending item that's comeing back up..

It usually happens when you haven't chewed well enought - or eaten too fast or taken one bite too many (this is my biggest problem - cuz I still want the taste even when I am full)

Planning is key and if we plan ahead we can avoid making bad decisions - but if we do (and it will happen no matter how dedicated we are) then we just pull up those bootstraps - and move forward - you can't change the past all you can do is work on the present...

Happy 4th - God Bless Amercia - the GREATEST!!!

Janet

Thank you for getting back with me. I know what you are saying to be true. The main place I am at is out of discipline. I have been doing very well until the last month. I know the lap band is not the fix alone, so I need to get my mind back in the game. That is my battle right now. I have a lot of changing going on and was out of town. Now I feel like I got lost somewhere and trying to find my way back to the right path. That is why I have been seeking for support or a support group. I am checking into starting a support group if the doctor's office says it is okay. I know when I am helping others it helps me to stay on track. Since I am in need of support, I checked out this web page. I saw you and decided to contact you.

I like the fact that you use tough love. WHY? Because I actually like straight talk. I am a person that tends to see things black and white. Grace is hard for me. I am working on that with my eating and exercise, but I am hard on myself. That is why I am trying to kick myself in the rear to get motivated again.

Thank you for getting back with me. I know what you are saying to be true. The main place I am at is out of discipline. I have been doing very well until the last month. I know the lap band is not the fix alone, so I need to get my mind back in the game. That is my battle right now. I have a lot of changing going on and was out of town. Now I feel like I got lost somewhere and trying to find my way back to the right path. That is why I have been seeking for support or a support group. I am checking into starting a support group if the doctor's office says it is okay. I know when I am helping others it helps me to stay on track. Since I am in need of support, I checked out this web page. I saw you and decided to contact you.

I like the fact that you use tough love. WHY? Because I actually like straight talk. I am a person that tends to see things black and white. Grace is hard for me. I am working on that with my eating and exercise, but I am hard on myself. That is why I am trying to kick myself in the rear to get motivated again.

Totally get it !!! I am sending some kicks your way :thumbup: and for me too helping others helps me stay focused...

As the stupid commercial says - just do it - once you start you just keep plugging away - that's what I do anyway - I have been lucky that I haven't really fallen off the wagon per say - and haven't lost the motivation but that's cuz I am here 24/7 and I love what I see in the mirror.

I didn't do this for looks - I did this (the band) for my health to extend what years I have left.. But what came with it - I love...

Ok for today - make the good food choices - NO EXCUSES !!!

You did it before you can do it again - just dig deep it's in there....

Thank you!! I had the surgery done so I could enjoy the second part of my life with also. I am 44 going to be 45 this fall. Feel free to send me people. It is a great help.

How do you get the weight line to appear under your signature. I can't seem to figure it out. I am new to this. My first chat page.

Thank you!! I had the surgery done so I could enjoy the second part of my life with also. I am 44 going to be 45 this fall. Feel free to send me people. It is a great help.

How do you get the weight line to appear under your signature. I can't seem to figure it out. I am new to this. My first chat page.

Here's the link to get your ticker - I know just enought to be dangerous

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker...ictures-41782/