Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Morning all -- at work so this will be quick. Before I forget, LauraK are you down to 122??? Just wondering when you say you want to lose 18 more and you're goal is set at 104. Good going on getting on the train.

Great, good for you on doing the exercise -- you will get used to it again - it's truly the one thing I dislike about our journey, but as I mentioned previously, I tell myself "you CAN and WIILL spend 1 hour per day for YOU." Taht seems to help -- and I do do something every day unless I take a planned day off. My routine right now is M,W, F I do a one hour Water aerobics which is 45 and sometimes 50 minutes of aerobics and 10 to 15 of stretching. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I go to the gym and do at least one hour and many times 70 mins. of cardio (elleptical and stationary bike) and then half an hour of weights. On Sundays I usually do my one hour of step aerobics which is a really hard cardio work out. Just keeping it moving -- I can't do the really hard core stuff like some of them here because of my fm and my rods/screws and arthritis in my back and my bionic hip, but I do keep it moving.

Anyway, Cheri -- yes, I do think about the weight of the excess skin but I wonder why our surgeons don't discount it at all? My surgeon goes by the weight on the scale, doesn't even give us any for the clothes. They do have us take off our shoes though. I have the opposite problem -- when I weighed this weight before I wore much smaller clothes - of course I was a bit taller -- lost almost 3 inches with back surgery and then around 1/2 with my hip replacement. Used to be 5'4-1/2 and now I'm lucky to be 5'1". I know my belly skin is much bigger than last time I lost the 100 lbs. Sigh.

Anyway, Arlene, hope you can stay on the train today. My food yesterday was pretty much identical to day before -- had salad with chicken and sf pudding and popsicle for Snacks. I added a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge with my dinner as well. Love the garlic/herb one. Yum.

Today so far, Protein drink with powdered pb and some holiday grapes. Looking forward to some low carb salmon patties and green Beans for lunch. Tonight will most likely have salad and chicken again. I use baby greens and add baby spinach to that for my salads. I buy a big tub of each the spring or baby greens and baby spinach at Sam's for very cheap ($3 each package and it lasts at least a week and some times 10 days). I ususally add sweet onion and cherry tomatoes and that's about it. I like plain -- hate uncooked carrots and cabbage in my salads . Yuck. Also dislike most uncooked veggies -- like broccoli,etc. Yuck.

Okay, gotta get going.

Meredith, hope that test went well,

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12 pairs of shoes. LOLL. I know

Morning all -- at work so this will be quick. Before I forget, LauraK are you down to 122??? Just wondering when you say you want to lose 18 more and you're goal is set at 104. Good going on getting on the train.

Great, good for you on doing the exercise -- you will get used to it again - it's truly the one thing I dislike about our journey, but as I mentioned previously, I tell myself "you CAN and WIILL spend 1 hour per day for YOU." Taht seems to help -- and I do do something every day unless I take a planned day off. My routine right now is M,W, F I do a one hour Water aerobics which is 45 and sometimes 50 minutes of aerobics and 10 to 15 of stretching. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I go to the gym and do at least one hour and many times 70 mins. of cardio (elleptical and stationary bike) and then half an hour of weights. On Sundays I usually do my one hour of step aerobics which is a really hard cardio work out. Just keeping it moving -- I can't do the really hard core stuff like some of them here because of my fm and my rods/screws and arthritis in my back and my bionic hip, but I do keep it moving.

Anyway, Cheri -- yes, I do think about the weight of the excess skin but I wonder why our surgeons don't discount it at all? My surgeon goes by the weight on the scale, doesn't even give us any for the clothes. They do have us take off our shoes though. I have the opposite problem -- when I weighed this weight before I wore much smaller clothes - of course I was a bit taller -- lost almost 3 inches with back surgery and then around 1/2 with my hip replacement. Used to be 5'4-1/2 and now I'm lucky to be 5'1". I know my belly skin is much bigger than last time I lost the 100 lbs. Sigh.

Anyway, Arlene, hope you can stay on the train today. My food yesterday was pretty much identical to day before -- had salad with chicken and sf pudding and popsicle for Snacks. I added a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge with my dinner as well. Love the garlic/herb one. Yum.

Today so far, Protein drink with powdered pb and some holiday grapes. Looking forward to some low carb salmon patties and green Beans for lunch. Tonight will most likely have salad and chicken again. I use baby greens and add baby spinach to that for my salads. I buy a big tub of each the spring or baby greens and baby spinach at Sam's for very cheap ($3 each package and it lasts at least a week and some times 10 days). I ususally add sweet onion and cherry tomatoes and that's about it. I like plain -- hate uncooked carrots and cabbage in my salads . Yuck. Also dislike most uncooked veggies -- like broccoli,etc. Yuck.

Okay, gotta get going.

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12 pairs of shoes. LOL I know that had

Okay, gotta get going.

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12 pairs of shoes. LOL I know that had to be tough on you.

sorry that just started happening so I knew I was going to be junking up the thread again. Not sure why that happens.

Linda

sorry that just started happening so I knew I was going to be junking up the thread again. Not sure why that happens.

Linda

Screaming right now! :o

Linda, well your screaming only posted once. LOL

Great news for me.... couldn't resist the scale this morning and 5 lbs of bloat is gone already! WOOHOO! That is what I gained over the holidays, I was shocked. I think my quads and hamstrings hurt more today than yesterday if that is possible. I thought I stretched and everything, but oh well it is what it is. I even took some tylenol for it and I hate taking anything.

Still cold out but the sun came back today. Yesterday we had that inversion crap so bad you couldn't even tell there were mountains out there. They have a red alert out for the air quality. ONly thing that seems to blow it out is an approaching storm which they say is coming this weekend.

I am making some travel plans so far I got:

Denver on Tues for the day to see Grandma

Hawaii on Sunday the 16th

Then on the 21st some friends from Denver come for the weekend.

Then Denver again on the weekend of the 29th for DD's baby shower, hopefully she makes it.

Tuscon????? DH promises some dates soon.

Now I gotta call the dog kennel place. Poor babies. It's what I hate most about travelling.

So lets do this - I am going to put your name down - quote the post and insert when you can make it to Chi Town..

Apples -

Charlene -

Great - prefer the April dates that Cheri mentioned, prefer no holiday weekends, prefer spring/early summer vs later summer/fall

Cheri -

Laura -

LauraK -

Julie -

Phyl -

Tina -

Eva - I'm in class from mid-January to mid-May, so any time after that will work for me. I might drive again, but depends on what is going on.

Janet - Open I can go w/the flow (except for 7/15)

Linda -

Joyce - Can't make this trip - will hope to join in for the next one

Sandy - I am open to anytime

Jodi -

Melissa -

Jessica

Meredith- May, or spring/early summer is best. Might be going with my aunt to FL in April and summer time gets crazy around here. But, will be able to adjust schedule to fit it this trip.

Chris

Candice - She's gone for 2 weeks

Am I missing anyone ????

Great......WOOHOO! GOOD GOING ON THE 5LBS!

Eva.....last week when I went to WW our leader said the average gain for the Christmas holidays is 13lbs. So, you are below the average. Just ride the train with me. We just have to keep on keeping on One Day at A Time. HUGS!

Joyce, glad you checked in. I hope your knee is feeling better. HUGS!

I am off to the gym this afternoon. I am sure it will be crowded with all the new resolutions being made at till March. At least we have a standing appointment with our trainer twice a week.

I Pb'd today on chicken. I think the spicy beef Jerky is giving me a little acid problem. I guess I will take pepcid for a few days and cut back on the Jerky.

Later gang!

i just read thru lots of posts here and there is indeed some great info! i was banded in 2008...but am only down about 50 pounds now, it was 60+ but somehow once i got "used" to the band it doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. does anyone have any advice on how to do it. i am journaling since monday!

thanks in advacne for any help/advice!

i just read thru lots of posts here and there is indeed some great info! i was banded in 2008...but am only down about 50 pounds now, it was 60+ but somehow once i got "used" to the band it doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. does anyone have any advice on how to do it. i am journaling since monday!

thanks in advacne for any help/advice!

Welcome Betsy Jen

Girl hate to tell you the band isn't going to do it for you ;0) - The real work is up to you..

How's your restriction?? What are you eating give us a typical days food .. What are you doing for exercise..

The secert to losing the weight eat healthy (low fat/limited sugar & starches)keeping your calories about 900-1200 daily and varying them and exercise

BetsyJean, are you eating a lot of sliders? That might be why you don't feel like the band is working like it used to. Try going back to basics - google the 5 day pouch test and try doing that for five days -- you should be able to see that you still have restriction if you eat just plain Protein. I discovered that recently and it's really helped me get back on track and remember why I had the surgery to begin with. Let us know how you are doing.

Linda

Lori - WTG !!!!! 5 lbs !!!!! Fantastic !!!!

Well getting off work in 5 - have weight training tonite - so will ck in later

Eva - you aren't leaving us forever are you??? That post sounded like a good by post

Apples - where have you been - no green ink junking up the thread...

So, not all countries have been heard from, but the June date still seems a little better. Great and Laura you are maybes for that date but several others are no for April. Hopefully, with this much notice you can make the June 11 date work. Laura, Nels is the same age as my grandson and we might be able to arrange some playdates while you're out here to free you up if you come without hubby. Or maybe he could go stay with grandma and grandpa and buck them up for a few days. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Caught a cold, trying to keep it mild with the zicam and zinc cough drops. Started taking them right away so that usually keeps the cold mild. Trying also to get more sleep, as I had trouble getting back into the go to bed early and get up at 5 a.m. thing. Didn't get much sleep the first two nights. Now I've got Nyquil to help me, LOL.

Still doing higher Protein, lower carbs, smaller quantities.

I find everyone's weigh in habits to be so funny. I weigh everyday. First thing I do after I pee. That's my daily accountability. Plus, once I got out of the habit of doing it as part of my daily routine, I'd never remember to do it. Plus, since its my own scale, I'm comparing apples to apples. I read today that people exercise a whole lot more if someone calls them regularly to remind them.

So, this is my reminder, get your exercise in sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Sometimes, when we fall off the train, the reasons we all give remind me of naughty children who just want to sneak a forbidden treat and go Nyah, Nah! We hate being controlled by others and by food restrictions imposed by others or by the necessity of our own physical condition. We know that to control diabetes and IBS and FM and RA, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and many other conditions, restricting carbs (which increase pain and the severity of these conditions not to mention making us just plain fat) is hugely beneficial, but it makes us so angry that we can't eat the way we want that we rebel. Hopefully, with the loving support of others on LBT, we can keep those rebellions short so they don't do the kind of damage they used to and then we can climb back on that Protein train.

By the way, Linda, I've seen you. Except for the excess skin, you're almost scrawny. You have big bon bons also and that makes a difference, too. Very few people have perfect bodies. Some are thin on top and thick on the bottom and vice versa. Being ashamed of our basic shapes keeps us in bondage. We lose the weight but its never good enough because we didn't lose enough of it in the places we wanted to lose it. I think we all need to work on body image. We're an amazing group of beautiful women. Inside and out. When I look at you I see your hearts. And your hearts are written all over your faces. Your faces glow. You shine. And you light the way for others. Thanks for being there for me.

Cheri

Shame is another issue that keeps us from climbing back on the train if we've fallen off. We want to be seen as winners, not losers and shame keeps us in denial. So I'm not shaming anyone who's having difficulty staying on the train. Progress, not perfection. That's what its about. There are no small victories. If you've gained 20 lbs and are back on the train, that's better than when you used to gain it all back. I'm up 3 from my range and 5 from where I want to be. I've arrested the increase and am taking the steps to reverse it. Progress, not perfection.

Cheri

Janet, no good-byes, just confession. Spent the day cleaning blinds and mopping floors, etc. I'm tired again but the house is coming together.

I'm going to have to work on documents tomorrow. My, something I'll get paid for, yipee.

Just checking in. food has been very good and lots of physical activity today.

Might check in again later.

Eva