Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Have you tried the sf Jello dark choc puddings - very good too.

Last night Snacks after dinner was 1 sf pudding with some almond added and 1 pure Protein choc bar that was in the fridge makes them nice and chewy...

Yum! I bought a sf dk chocolate mochaccino pudding. Where do I get a pure Protein choc bar?....what is the brand name? How much protein in it?

Yum! I bought a sf dk chocolate mochaccino pudding. Where do I get a pure Protein choc bar?....what is the brand name? How much Protein in it?

Brand Name - Pure Protein - I got mine at Target but see them everywhere now - cvs - walgreens and even Stater Brothers..

20 grs of protein - I have the all choc one and choc Peanut Butter ones - my freind told me to put in the fridge - they are good cold - chewy and filling - for me like a candy bar 190 calories though ..

I like the southbeach bars too 19 grs of pt 210 calories and they are big...

Brand Name - Pure Protein - I got mine at Target but see them everywhere now - cvs - walgreens and even Stater Brothers..

20 grs of Protein - I have the all choc one and choc Peanut Butter ones - my freind told me to put in the fridge - they are good cold - chewy and filling - for me like a candy bar 190 calories though ..

I like the southbeach bars too 19 grs of pt 210 calories and they are big...

Thanks! I will get some.:)

Hi everyone -

I'm back from my trip to Maine. The weather was incredible, ate lobster (yes, with butter) and work, well, it was work!

I'm glad to be home where I feel like I have more control. I gained a couple of pounds, but I'm sure it will come off quickly.

Just wanted to check in. I've been catching up on the thread. Some great hints, advice, etc.

Kathy

6 weeks post surgery and got my first fill today. Went very well, I was nervous but had no reason to be. I have a 10cc band and he filled to 5.2cc. At first he put in a little more but when I did the drink test the Water stayed right in the esophogus - so he took a little out then it went down fine. Is 5.2cc about average for first fill?

Another thing happened that I have a question about. Once he got me set to the good fill - he had me finish the drink - he told me to take a big drink so it would fill up the pouch. Then I burped (very embarrassing) right in front of him... He said "that's good - you need to burb"...

Why is that a good thing?

Katarina

Hi everyone -

I'm back from my trip to Maine. The weather was incredible, ate lobster (yes, with butter) and work, well, it was work!

I'm glad to be home where I feel like I have more control. I gained a couple of pounds, but I'm sure it will come off quickly.

Just wanted to check in. I've been catching up on the thread. Some great hints, advice, etc.

Kathy

Kathy - Glad you are home safe and sound - I hope you enjoyed so of that Lobster for me... Some of that weight is most likely Water from all the sodium in restaurant food - but it good to know that being home you will get back on track

6 weeks post surgery and got my first fill today. Went very well, I was nervous but had no reason to be. I have a 10cc band and he filled to 5.2cc. At first he put in a little more but when I did the drink test the Water stayed right in the esophogus - so he took a little out then it went down fine. Is 5.2cc about average for first fill?

Another thing happened that I have a question about. Once he got me set to the good fill - he had me finish the drink - he told me to take a big drink so it would fill up the pouch. Then I burped (very embarrassing) right in front of him... He said "that's good - you need to burb"...

Why is that a good thing?

Katarina

Katrarina

Fill levels are diff for all of us - this is why I never asked how much he put in - all I cared about was that it worked - I think I have 5 cc in but the only reason I know this is that cuz I was too tight from my last fill in January and I think he said that I now have 5 in it after he pulled out .08.

But sounds like your doc gives good aggressive fills which I think is good there is no reason not to get someone to their sweet spot as fast at they can - as long as you don't get too tight.

I am guessing here on the burp - but it's that the water went down and their was air trapped when you took the gulp ... I don't know guess - I only have tiny burps if I have over eaten some times. I think it's the food trying to go thur the pouch into the little hole before it hits our old stomach... I am far from a medical person but that sounds reasonable to me could be full of trapped air myself :crying:

Do you have to be on liquids for awhile - what are your post fill instructions??

Roll Call Ladies

I haven't heard from you all in a few days now - What's up ??

Are we doing good - or are we struggling ??

Don't want you guy to think that I don't think about you cuz I do..

So just checking in...

Hugs,

Janet

Roll Call Ladies

I haven't heard from you all in a few days now - What's up ??

Are we doing good - or are we struggling ??

Don't want you guy to think that I don't think about you cuz I do..

So just checking in...

Hugs,

Janet

I am doing good.....and I am struggling.

I just don't have restriction....can't wait to get a fill on Monday. I did eat the pure Protein Bar. I think it is a good source of Protein, but the calories are a little high....and it has that malitol in it witch makes me have gas.

I joined Curves. Gonna start on Monday. Yea!

I care about you too!

I'm starting to get a bit freaked out by all the "failure" stories on the forum. Janet, I believe you said you have good restriction but you still have hunger. Can you explain?

I'm still here. Things are going great. scale is stuck a little but that's to be expected. Today is my 3 mos bandiversary and I am down 60 lbs (well 59 1/2 if I were honest) and can't argue with that. I do need to up the exercise some. First it was post op from the gall bladder that I didn't do much and now I just don't feel like it because of this dang rash that I am fighting.

Dionna, failure stories? I'm not sure where you are reading but I see lots of success here, I try to stay away from the 'complications' thread because I freaked myself out pre op by reading it too much. I did get an email just today from this board and they started a section entired 'success stories' maybe you should check that. As to hunger, what it usually means to me is 'head hunger' I may not be physcially hungry but I see something and I want it. or if a meal was particularly good and I am full due to the band, my head still tells me I want more. Rarely anymore is it stomach growling, feeling faint and weak type hunger.

I am doing good.....and I am struggling.

I just don't have restriction....can't wait to get a fill on Monday. I did eat the pure Protein Bar. I think it is a good source of Protein, but the calories are a little high....and it has that malitol in it witch makes me have gas.

I joined Curves. Gonna start on Monday. Yea!

I care about you too!

Charlene - I agree with the calories I don't do them often but I will have them everynow and then - I don't think they make me gassy.

CONGRATS on the Curves - That's GREAT !!!! Just do your best till Monday - just try and eat low calorie stuff - don't worry to much about the quantity if you are eating veggies cuz they are free food - You can make it and remember you may or may not get restriction with that 1st fill - it was my 2nd one that did the trick..

I'm starting to get a bit freaked out by all the "failure" stories on the forum. Janet, I believe you said you have good restriction but you still have hunger. Can you explain?

Dionna

For me the band does NOT take away my hunger - I still get hungry between meals. I don't like the commercial where it says it does.. I think that's why some pple this is the cure to their obesity and they don't have to work at it..

For the most part it not the band that fails but the people who are banded who fail to do the work that is needed to use their new tool.

First of all alot of our hunger issues are head issue - as you have most likely have read before cuz I am saying it all the time - I will eat my dinner be physically full - but still want to eat. I feel that my body wants more food - remember my stomach is full - but my head isn't - I want to keep enjoying the taste of the food.

When I was 1st banded - I would eat my 1/2 - 1 cup of food and stop and really try to concentrate on was I physically full or not. I found that I was full physically - but I still wanted to eat.

As obese pple we are use to eating large quantities of high fat high sugar foods and yes some time just too much healthy foods. We like the taste of the food - the food boost our seratonin & dopamine levels that makes us feel good. Well now with the band and proper restriction we are no longer feeding those hormones - so we still want to eat - but we can't cuz we have restriction.

Last nite - ate my 4 oz of fish was pretty full - had a couple bite of rice and moved to my veggie - well I got full - but tried to eat one more brussel sprout - well get what happened - I pb'd.. I ate one bite to many and my band forced me to stop. But with in 1 hour I could eat again as my food had gone from my pouch to my old tummy..

Yes, I did eat again - but it was 100 c snack pack of popcorn and truly I wasn't hungry - I just wanted to eat and for me popcorn is a slider food.

I find that when I eat hard Proteins (food with substances) that I do stay full longer - I ate lunch at noon - salad - really ate just the top of the salad (bacon cheese turkey avocado some lettuce and dressing) and I can say right now I am full and don't want to eat and am not looking for food.

But some days by 2 I am hungry again - but usually those are days that I eat softer foods.

For everyone it's diff as to when they want to eat - for me it's 7 p.m to 11 p.m that are the toughest times for me - my DIL likes to eat between 3-6pm..

The band IMHO is only a tool to restrict your portion size - and that being said - even banded slider food still go right through and they are normally high calorie foods (candy - ice cream - cookie - chips) I have good restriction but a couple of weeks ago on vacation I ate 4 oatmeal cookie in the span of an hour.. The band didn't stop it.. But had I tried to eat 8 oz steak - no way in heck could I have..

This is my opinion of the band - It controls my portions - it's a piece of plastic - it doesn't make my food choices - I do that - It doesn't go to the gym and exercise for me - It's only a tool

In order to lose the weight I need to eat healthy (lower fat foods - lower or sf food) and exercise to become a healthier person the band isn't going to do it - it doesn't have a brain. They have banded your tummy not your brain and this is truly where the problems lie

Again another phrase that I am always spouting - this is truly a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating - diet's don't work cuz when you go off them you go back to eating "normal" which is what got us fat in the first place..

This takes work and determination - the lap band with proper restriction does make a hard job easier - but it's still work.

I think that this is why the statistics say that we are only suppose to lose 50 to 60 % of our excess weight - it's not the magic cure - but that being said - I think that says something negative about obese pple too that they can't even with help we can't succeed - Even pple who have bypass do gain their weight back - again - I think it's cuz their healthy eating and exercise doesn't become a lifestyle change and they slowly slip back into old habits.

There are pple here on the board who do utilize the help of counselor to help them understand their eating problems - for some have major issues such as abuse and for some it just boredom that makes them over eat.

I miss eating at times - yes I do - I miss eating large quantities of food - I miss my high fat food - my brownies - candies - but I do have to say that I feel so much better now and that feeling really out weighs the taste of the food.

I dabble everynow and then - but not too often as I don't want that ugly monster to rear it's head again (unhealthy eating). I never want to go back to 250 lbs never.

For me I have had my Ah Ha moment - Major surgery and just like a drug addict - I am a food addict - I can't worry if I will be sober tomorrow - I must learn to just control today...

I was trying to do a poll on this exact subject but I couldn't figure out how to do it - I p.m. someone and they haven't answered so I guess I will have to ask for someone else to help me.. But I wanted to know from pple at or near goal if the band took away their hunger...

Hugs - Janet

Janet, is this thread for a specific group, or can anyone join in?

Janet, is this thread for a specific group, or can anyone join in?

RestlessMonkey

It's open to anyone & everyone - no secert knocks or code :lol:

You are welcome to join/post whenever you like :lol: ...

Hugs

Janet

Great! I am here 1 week post op. Love my band but I am starving. No, it's not head hunger (10 months of behavioral therapy taught me how to recognize that!) I'm going to chew my arm off or something.

However, I'm down 38 pounds and the most I EVER in my whole long life lost on any diet was 45 pounds, so I'm approaching a new personal best. VERY happy about that but still so hungry that I'm even giving the cat the eye when he isn't looking.