Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Arlene, I'm sooooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up girlfriend!! You rock!

Linda

My story needs to be rewritten...it has a ton of potential but I'm not effectively getting my character's voice and personality out there. So, I can use it for my final project, but I won't have it done by Friday. That's okay....I'm just barely past 8 weeks into a writing class. I've never done ANY creative writing, so I'm good with that. I had to give it a shot. With the teachers input, I might actually write a good story. Cool, huh?

Back to work...later ladies.

Eva

My story needs to be rewritten...it has a ton of potential but I'm not effectively getting my character's voice and personality out there. So, I can use it for my final project, but I won't have it done by Friday. That's okay....I'm just barely past 8 weeks into a writing class. I've never done ANY creative writing, so I'm good with that. I had to give it a shot. With the teachers input, I might actually write a good story. Cool, huh?

Back to work...later ladies.

Eva

Yep, Eva...pretty cool. You'll get there with input from your professor and some patience. Proud of you for starting out on this new venture(s) at this stage of life (notice...I did not say at your age). I smell success!

Well one thing about the age...I don't have to make up life experiences....LOL

Eva...if that's the case you should be able to write many, many books. With all your world travels and adventures throughout your lifetime, you will be filling the Barnes and Nobles bookshelves. Hmmmmm....hope I can download you some day on my Nook.

Apples, Did you get a Nook? Is it loaded with books now? I'm still liking the Kindle. I've read a couple of books on now (yeah, in my spare time) and it sure is convenient to carry around. The battery lasted almost 3 months before I had to charge it again.

Joyce, it's hard when you don't keep up....takes hours to go through all the posts and respond, so don't worry about catch up as you can. I think we all understand. How's the arm feeling?

Jodi, so sorry your ear is still bothering you. That pain is usually awful. Take care. I have to go look at your pictures now.

later

ee

Apples, Did you get a Nook? Is it loaded with books now? I'm still liking the Kindle. I've read a couple of books on now (yeah, in my spare time) and it sure is convenient to carry around. The battery lasted almost 3 months before I had to charge it again.

Joyce, it's hard when you don't keep up....takes hours to go through all the posts and respond, so don't worry about catch up as you can. I think we all understand. How's the arm feeling?

Jodi, so sorry your ear is still bothering you. That pain is usually awful. Take care. I have to go look at your pictures now.

later

ee

Eva....nope, haven't had much "me" time to even think about ordering a Nook or Kindle yet. We gave DS a Kindle for his bday along night away at a Holiday Inn with is GF and nice dinner and we take the kids. He has yet to order it because he has been booked also. He did a lot of research and that's what he wants instead of the Nook. I am going to see how he likes it and then order what I think I want at the time. 3 months is pretty good on a charge. Would be nice if cell phones were the same.

Was out and about most of the day. Had a dental cleaning and a bit of an adjustment. Went and got some supplies and home about 2:30. The wind was terrible. We had thunderstorms starting at 2:30am (and, yes, Tanker was in the room to wake us) and it is still raining a bitter cold rain. I had a tough time getting the door opened on my car when I wanted to get out. Nasty. Tomorrow we are expecting a blizzard. Both DH and I have appts in the afternoon and hoping we can make them. Not going to drive 70 miles in a blizzard though. Time for this crap to come to an end. Will be a lot of happy Minnesotans when it finally happens. Poor DH was out in the elements since 7am. Totally soaked. We had two semi-trucks today and he didn't get a break. Neither him nor DS made it in to eat the chili I left for them. DH is now snoring in the chair. Hard on an old guy.

Joyce...Eva's so right. Tough to keep up with the posts when you have other things going on. It was really hard for me in Tucson cuz DH LOVES his laptop and I did not get on much. Felt like a scatter brain when I finally would post.

Laura....hope your folks can make it down to your place for the week. Would be nice cuz DH can be with you all also. Hugs on dad's issues.

DH made me promise I would wake him to watch our movie and it's about that time. popcorn, apple cider and a movie. Hope I can stay awake during....not much sleep the last couple of nights. Maybe tonight. Sending the love.

Apples, I've been told if you get the kindle pay the extra for the 3G one. Then you can down load anywhere and don't have to rely on wirless. Just a suggestion.

lauraK

Hi everyone........

Dassi got an e-reader from borders....for her B.M. She loves it but needs to charge it like once a week. She likes it...not sure what the differences are but my mom bought her this one....and it wasnt cheap apparently either.

so today was a real downer.....I just got the news this afternoon that the court denied my petition for both Tuition for school and for 1/2 of the reinbursement for tutoring services for Dassi.......Apparently there is a new judge for surrogate court in Queens and he doesnt believe in private school, special services or camp for children. These are not considered educational or medical. Hmmm???? WHAT THE HECK IS THEN?????

Im so upset over this ruling because up till now......Ive been allowed to take out 1/2 of the amount of what I put in for tuition which is 15,000 dollars before scholarship.....I pay five thousand with the scholarship....what peeves me so much is that this is our money.....and this judge gets to determine on what the money should be spent on.....and the law is it can be used for educational and medical expenses....so far they have not allowed for psychological services, Physical Therapy, Braces for her feet and now tuition and tuturing....so what the heck is this judge going to allow for???

Tomorrow morning need to call Lawyer and thats going to cost money.....it just doesnt end. Its at these times,.where I would like to strangle Ron if he was here that is.....and um well I cant....so all I can do is just scream at him....is it bad to curse him now???? Cause id really like to.

I have to pay 5,000 for tuition for this past year and the party which needs to be paid for by May 11th and rent for the past two months....and camp tuition which is coming up and I was thinking of putting the tuition in for that.....and I was allowed to take out half for that each year,,,,so dont expect that happenening....at all. so thats another 4200. I just cant do this alone. I just cant. It was hard enough with getting half of the help.....now with nothing I dont see how it will be possible to keep her in private school and or private camp....but how to go about switching her again???? after it was recommended to keep her for consistency at the same school and camp...so busted my ass to pay for what needed to....but struggling to do so as it was....now I just dont know what the heck to do or whom to turn to for help if there is any help to turn to even!!!

Im so sorry for venting......sooo sorry just needed to tell someone and just scream it!!!

and I just want to eat right about now....ice scream, chocolate, potato chips etc but am not!!!

Just not!!! So keeping my fingers busy posting so again sorry!!!

LauraK.....LAS VEGAS.....if you want to see Jeff you can.....how long are you going to be there?? If youd like to get together with him and want his number.....send me a message, hed love to see you!!!

We still talk occassionally...he would like to more but.......I havent been able to really give him my full attention because hes there and im here......and well its just doesnt work for us and he is just all over the place........and I cant keep up with all his....um wheeling and dealings.......love him dearly but want to throttle him sometimes so much that I cant speak to him for months just to regroup and get centered again.......he turns my world upside down at times....and I cannot deal with that......now.

in any case.......just needed to vent and so....again im sorry....tomorrow will be better and ill begin to plan a new strategy....and all.

Have a good night all.

Jods

Jodi...try not to panic...see if you can talk to the judge and get him to reconsider. I do not know how things like this work but maybe if he took the time to study up on her file and what has been suggested in the past, he might see the light. Do you have any friends of friends of a friend who might be an attorney that could do you a favor and go to bat for you right now. Sending hugs from MN....this just sucks

Apples, I've been told if you get the kindle pay the extra for the 3G one. Then you can down load anywhere and don't have to rely on wirless. Just a suggestion.

lauraK

Will check it out, LauraK...thanks

Good Evening Gang...

Jodi - I take it you are talking about $$$ left for Dassi in trust from her Father - WTH you can't spend it on tution - that's just plain STUPID. The $$ that was left to me and my bro's in trust could be used for anything medical - education - etc - I would get a lawyer - Dassi is a very smart young lady and she's getting an excellent education where she is now and is in the higher learners programs - Get a lawyer - that's just plan BS..

Pic's are wonderful !!!!!

Well back from gym - had leg workout tonite - didn't exercise for a week so I think I will be sore - weighed in this morning 136 - so I'm cool - I know I didn't go over board on the few little extras I had.. I am not going back to read a weeks worth of post - Sorry gang ;0) - I don't have 3 hrs LOL -

Phyl kept me a little updated - until we told her that we were going to do an intervention with her phone LOL - Internet is her transfer addiction LOL

Julie - Glad you are feeling a tad better - quit going looking for more problems - take each pain free day as just what it is - pain free - don't fret about tomorrow - enjoy today - you have had 3 yrs of pain - so lets just enjoy the moments that you don't...

Eva - LOL on the life experience - yep you got a lot to pull from ;0)

Laura - Hugs & continue prayers for your Dad - Glad you will all be together for Easter - Yep the middle east/Africa (the other side of the world ;0) - is a mess right now Prayers that DH family stays out of harms way..

Joyce - Yep I love Whoopie - to bad you aren't here I would go ;0) How's the elbow.

Cheri - Hugs & Prayers that the chemo kick's the cancers butt -

Apples - Hugs for the bad weather - Last week was wonderful - but since Sunday it's been cloudy/rain & colder than usual this time of year - I know both Linda (wisconsin) & Candice (canada) enjoyed the 80 degree weather w/no snow !!!

Charlene - WTG on eating healthy !!!!

Linda - How you doing - can't see a post from you so don't know what's up w/you - how's Katie

Great - Love your pic's on FB !!!

Well since gym was late tonite 6 instead of 5 - it's already 7:45 - need to go start dinner - Fish veggie - So cbl

Janet...one thing you need to learn about us Minnesotans and Canadians....it's not half as bad as we make it out to be. Yes, for you and the rest of the Southern world...it would be. We are seasoned and just love the fact we have something to bi_ch about. I have spent a lot of years trying to figure it out. Is it the Norwegian, Irish, German, Polish or Bohemian in us? You ponder on that for awhile and give me the answer. I've had that question in my head for 55 yrs and, I ain't stupid, but have never figured it out. Thank you...give me your answer later.

Strange...got a notification (via email) that Kiskis had responded to the thread. Was just going to pop on here and say congrats on another lb lost, Kristi. You are doing great and good luck with your first fill.

Anyway....Kristi's post is nowhere to be found. Also, since coming home from vacation, I can no longer change my font/color. I have tried everything and then tried it again. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, I slept....up and out of bed very early but at least I can say I got some sleep. The snow hit last evening. Just heard on the radio that we supposedly will get 6-10 inches with higher winds than yesterday and they were really strong. Not going to whine (might be a first)...I will wear my sandals by the 4th of July.....

No word from surgeon's office. I imagine it could take up to a fews weeks. If I do get approved, I will need to do some planning so I have DH around for a day....maybe 2. Also, think I might start a thread to get some questions answered and hopefully get some responses from ppl that have gone through a similar surgery. I usually do not fill a pain script when I come home after surgery. They literally make me sick and I hurl for days on end so I just get through it without. I will be cut from hip bone to hip bone and am hoping he does not have to do muscle repair. I am sure my doc will have his ideas on what to give me but will refuse anything by mouth. Anyone here ever have a patch? Maybe I can just get by without anything also. And, here I go worrying when I don't need to be.

OK...now they are announcing that most schools are closed. Bet DH and I will not make it to our appointments. DH is thinking of doing a major dental job like I did and is going for his first appt. today.

Jodi....can't remember if I told you thanks for sharing your photos for Dassi's celebration. She is absolutely beautiful. Your dress was very nice and, NO, you do not look fat in it. It's about time for your brain to catch up with your weight loss! LOL

OK.....time to make one more pass through the house on a search for my stash of vitamins/calcium/etc. I ordered some on Amazon prior to going south and "put" them somewhere. I have been looking for 2 hours already. I am organized and KNOW where things are. I swear I am losing it. If I don't find them now, they will show up just after I order another batch.

You all have a great day.