Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

LOL Apples - I think it's simply called "being human" - doesn't matter what nationality. You hang in there -- sorry you're having such bad weather. We had tornano warnings here last night - I don't think any actually touched down though thank goodness.

OMG Jodi - that's just ridiculous -- I agree with Janet, get a lawyer immediately -- a consult should be free - just to find out what your legal rights are at least. This has got to be so very stressful for you - sorry that's hapening -- just not fair to Dassi. Keep us posted. Remember, food won't make the situation any better -- be strong on that one. You looked beautifulin the pics - Dassi looked gorgeous - loved her dress - she is so photogenic -- very beautiful skin -- she is just lovely and seems so mature for her age.

Janet, I'm doing fine -- just very busy with work etc. Katie is on some new meds (Lyrica) for her neuropathy which seems to be helping her -- so far so good and keeping fingers crossed. They were here Sunday for dinner - gosh I miss Aylah so much when she's not here. I see my ortho guy Friday for my neck and find out the results of my MRI, etc. Hoping for the best in that area too. Are you sore from your workout? LOL. Funny how one week away can make such a differnce.

Phyl, saw on FB you got your I Pad -- congrats and that was nice of Earl to stand in liine for you -- what a sweetie. I thought you already had an IPad -- was thinking you got one ;last year when they first came out.

Lori, pics on FB are so incredible -- Dan's mom is soooooo young for a great grandma -- she looks great -- baby Katelyn is just gorgeous - your DD looks great already -- and your DH looks happy about it all -- it's interesting to watch our DH;s as grandpas -- mine is a wonder GP and I love to watch him with Aylah - they have such a great relationship. When's the next trip to Denver? Your GM doesn't look any where near 100 either -- wow -- she looks great. Hope your friend's DS is doing better - have you heard any more about htat? So sad - I hope he realizes that the meds are necessary and starts to take them -- how frustrating that must be for him mom - I can't imagine.

Eva, that story will get there -- I rewrite so much -- which is why my book is still here - and not submitted yet. You should check on line and see if you can find any writer's groups in your area -- people who get together and read and critique each other's work. Especilally helpful after you finish your class and want to continue writing -- always good to have sounding boards. Yes, at our ages we do have loads of personal experiences to write about.

Jessica, hope all is better for you today - when do you do your presentation? Thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Have you heard back from DS's doctor about the meds?

Julie, hoping all is well with you -- and you're feeling better today.

Joyce how's that arm feeling now that you've had the cast off a while? Hope all is well. Glad to hear your DD is stablized on her meds. That must be a relief to you.

LauraK -- enjoy Vegas!! Have a wonderful time and win some big money -- lol.

Laura - sorry about the middle east -- I've been thinking of you and your DH throughout all the unrest - My company has an office in Abu Dhabi -- that's one area where they still have money to build. It would be nice if his mom could travel there - you've never met her and I know you were looking forward to meeting his family. Is there a reason she can't travel there? Glad your dad is feeling well enough to travel to Florida - that will be a nice trip -- I wouldn't stress about the house - he's not coming to inspect your house you know. LOL.

Cheri, thinking of you and your DD and hoping all is well and she's still tolerating chemo as well as she was last week.

Well gang, time to hit the showers -- have zumba tonight -- looking forward to that.

Have a fabulous hump day!

Linda.

Good Morning Peeps

Apples - We all love to complain about our weather ;0) LOL it's life - by the end of summer I will be bitching and moaning about the heat - It's just human nature ;0) There are a lot of post on the PS thread - you will find someone there to answer your questions.. You and no pain meds - girl I just don't know how you do it ;0) - one tough broad ;0)..

Linda Glad Katie seems to be doing better - Yep you miss the kids when they aren't there and when they are you sort wish you had a little more me time - but really when Andrew was that age I didn't complain too much LOL it's when he got to be a 7th grader ;0) - Hope nothing major is wrong with the neck - I think I need to change pillows - cuz mine hurts when I wake up - but I love my pillow - soft ;0)

Well not much to report since last night - tv - dinner - bed - now another day ahead of me...

Weather here sucks big time. We got over 4" of snow on top of ice with more ice on top. Oh so glad I only have one more day of this mess. My flowers were all coming up. Hope the little buggers don't freeze off. Grrr and I was so ready to garden. Ok got my Michigan whine in for the day.

DD is as excited as I am to be together. It's fun now that she is on her own. We are taking a helicopter trip over Hoover Dam when we are there. I am more geeked for that then the gambling. It's her B-day present from me.

Have a great day all.

LauraK

Good Morning Gang!

Jodi, Thanks for sharing the B M pictures of Dassi. She is so pretty........looked like a princess in that dress. You look great! I hope you get help with Dassi's tuition. So many judges don't rule by law, but how they "feel". Her money if for her health and welfare. HUGS! on getting counsel to help.

Janet, you are such a exercise machine I bet you won't be that sore. Well, it has been two weeks since my fills. I am pleased, but I think I could have had some in my cheeks. Did you have fillers in your cheeks? I don't know if I will keep this up. No one seems to notice except for my eyelids. I've got to throw away that 10x mirror. lol

Julie, I am so glad you are not suffering with neck and shoulder pain. I felt like the band may have been the culprit, but I had know idea it would have erroded in to your stomach. I an anxious to hear what the surgeon has to say. HUGS!

Laura, I hope you enjoy your time with your mom and dad. I can see why he would want to get away. I know it wasn't funny to you, but I just had this visual of that alarm going off with the car keys in the washing machine. I did laugh.....of course I wouldn't if it had been me.

Lori......loved the pictures of your new grandbaby. She is beautiful.....makes sense...... you and DD are beautiful too!

Joyce.....good to see you posting again. I guess you can use more than one finger now. Good for you!

Linda......glad to hear Katie has found a pain med to help her. I hope it will keep her from getting involved with stuff that she can get hooked on. I am on day 5 of 17. I was reading more last night about this plan. Your right, it is like the way we should eat. I am keeping boiled eggs in the frig. I am removing the yolks........my pup loves that!

Apples......your weather.....my gosh.....it is hard for me to wrap my mind around snow when our weather in in the mid eighties this week. We are having a lot of March winds too. You mentioning about your DH's dental reminds me that I have to find a new dentist. I still can't believe my dentist of 35 years died two weeks ago. He was such a health nut. That is proof that some things are just genetic. Sorry, for rambling.

Cheri, I have been praying for your DD daily. This must be a really tough time for her. HUGS!

Phyl, you will LOVE your ipad. I put the Livestrong Lite App on my ipad and it is so easy to track your calories and fitness. My DGD runs to my ipad to play her games. It blows my minds how a two year old knows how to operate the ipad like a pro. I dread it when she learns to download apps. My six year old DGD knows how to download apps. Thank goodness I have a password and she doesn't know it so I get the final say. ENJOY!

I'm off to drink my warm lemon Water then walk. I am going to hang around the house today. Oh Eva, I got my zucchini planted yesterday. My plants are loving the warm weather. I think I will have tomatoes by the end of April or sooner.

No worries about getting to our appts today. The receptionist from my office called and said she had a very tough time driving just a couple miles to work and when she got there, could not get into the building so had to run get de-icer to get office door open. She sounded exhausted...said it took her 45 minutes to break in. She knows we have 70 miles to travel and roads are closing so told me to stay home. I would have used my head anyway...not putting my life at risk.

Linda...hope Katie's meds do the trick. So young to be having neuropathy problems. I was mentioning at Breakfast this morning that I have a cyber friend with a birthday coming up and I would love to make the trip to have a nice bday lunch with her (you). DH said..."Find out what would work for her and drive down some day". I think I will. I think it is about a 6-7 hour drive. I'll just leave super early. You pick a day and a place for lunch and I will drive down and drive back the same day. I've been talking about doing this for a couple of years and want to do it if you will have me. Fun and I love my road trips that I can just get in the vehicle and drive all by myself. Sound good to you?

Arlene....sorry again about losing your tooth doc. Find a young one that won't die on you. Hugs

Better figure out which project to start around here. Maybe I will just be "snow princess" and read. Hmmmm...hope snow princess' know how to read.

Good morning! About ready to leave for the day for Bible study, lunch after and tonight book club. Busy day. DH is out of town so that is good. So sad, first day of vacation last week he got a call from one of his assistant managers for one of his stations. The manager hadn't shown up for work, they went to his apartment and found him dead. He was 62, so DH is gone to CA today for the funeral. He'll be home tonight.

Apples, sounds like you are getting the winter storm that missed us yesterday and the night before. They hyped and hyped it on the news and then we got nothing. Sounds like I am glad it missed us. Another coming tomorrow they say. The calendar may say spring but I'm not feeling it yet.

IPads, okay you gals with Ipads, I want one eventually. Do you use it as your computer? Or do you still have a lap top or desk top that you use as well? I'm thinking of replacing my laptop with it.

Today is day 3 of the pouch test. I almost blew it last night. We wanted to go see a movie, LIncoln Lawyer. I decided not to as I knew I'd want popcorn. Had moments of oh what the heck, I don't need this pouch test, I know how I am supposed to eat, a little popcorn won't hurt. Then I thought of how guilty I'd feel, or more regret for having suffered 2 days of liquids to blow it on popcorn. So we stayed home. I invested this much in the pouch test, might as well go the whole 5 days. Today will be tough, not sure where we are goign to lunch after Bible study but I should be able to find some sort of 'mushy'.

LauraK, have fun in Vegas.

Janet, were you sore?

Thanks all for the comments on my FB photos. I finally got some uploaded. The Maine ones have been in my camera since Oct.

Jodi, speaking of pics, your's look great. No more comments about looking fat. You do not!!!!

Thanks for asking about the arm. Since cast has been removed, I can use both hands (and type). Sling limits movement of arm and still makes driving difficult. I'm avoiding driving altogether. But fingers work fine to type. rolleyes.gif

Karen - can't imagine how strong you are to manage pain. I had morphine for my elbow until they forced it back into place. Once in place, no further pain or need for meds.

Mourning passing of Elizabeth Taylor. What a movie star.

Jodi - so sorry to read about the mess with the trust for Dassi. IMHO the judge does not have best interest of Dassi in mind with his ruling. Good luck with sorting out this situation. ohmy.gif

Charlene, almost fell off my chair when you posted about Dassi's B M photos......I know what you meant, but........

You'll be giving zucchini away once they start producing. I just have a Iciban eggplant going right now plus herbs. I did plant my bougainvillea yesterday....pulled the old one out by the roots and put the new one in the hole. It's the 3rd one I've planted. Maybe this one will be the charm. Yes, get rid of that 10x mirror. Some of us can't see that well anyway so we won't see any wrinkles.

Linda, I'm hoping your doctor's appointment goes well and what ever is bugging you can be fixed easily. Glad to hear Katie is doing a little better. It is sad she has neuropathy so early in her life.

Jodi, your pictures were wonderful. Dassi is a little princess (don't tell her I said that, don't want it to go to her head...LOL). You looked fabulous and no, you don't look fat. All those little girls are so cute, I can't imagine the hormone festival when they get older. So sorry to hear about the financial troubles, please, vent away. I would get a lawyer too even if it costs. Maybe you can find an advocate for Dassi that won't be so expensive. A good education is invaluable.

Great, good for you on staying with the pouch test. That's sad about your DH's assistant manager. One of the techs did the same thing a few years ago. He didn't show up for work and his boss went to look for him. He was really young too, but a diabetic and drank. It was pretty sad.

Apples, so sorry about the crappy weather. But this too shall pass and you'll have wonderful balmy days with lots of green. So DH is going to have his teeth worked on too? Wow, you're going to be the beautiful couple.

Janet, it's amazing the difference the right pillow makes. I have piles of them and use different configurations depending on what's going on. Did the pilates machine and the inversion table today.

Hope everyone has a great day...I'll try and check in later but I'm going to have to do work stuff today because I've been ignoring it so I hope I'll remember to check in again.

My cat is chasing her tail again....so funny.

Later

Eva

Eva....I'm impressed...you even remember the names of the plants/trees you put in the ground. I do such a mixture each year that I have a heck of a time. I have to stick the little name/care tab into the pot or bed in order to remember. Yep, DH has an appt for his cleaning tomorrow and going to get an estimate. His teeth and gums and good and healthy but they are terribly tight and some he wishes were straight. This rural Water has done a number on the color of our teeth over the years. It's nice to not have to be so self-conscience about it anymore and wish the same for him. Dentist will be able to pay off his new house by the time we are done.

Nothing to brag about but I have accomplished not a darned thing today except watch old movies on AMC. Just had lunch with DH and now going to curl under a blanket and sleep if I happen to drift off while watching. I have plenty to get done but not today.

I ordered some Protein chips on Amazon. Got them yesterday. Regular chips sit so heavy in my chest all day and I then it prevents me from getting my food in. The chips are made by Kays Naturals and I got the chili flavor. They are nice and light, yet filling. The entire bag is 1.5 servings (why not just eat the whole bag). 165 cals, 15 gr protein, 5gr Fiber, 18gr carbs. These are actually enough for a meal. Probably not a good product to have around if someone is carb sensitive or if chips are a trigger. Just thought I would share.

Hi girls, I'm back from vacation and just in time too! I am up 5 pounds from the week. Yicks! Good thing it wasn't a two week trip. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but back to healthy eating and exercise. I did exercise on vacation everyday, walking and Water aerobics, unfortunately it wasn't enough to counteract what I consumed. I am not too worried as I have done this before and believe it or not, actually plan for it. I let my food monster out only on vacation or a very special occasion like a wedding. Time to put him back in his cage. My eating is good today and I have TRX tonight which will burn some calories.

Linda, would you please send my the diet that emailed to everyone? I could put it to good use. LOL

Jodi, that ruling just does not make sense. I hope you pursue it. The photos were wonderful, both you and Dassi looked fabulous. It is time for your head to catch up to your body.

Joyce, I am glad that you have your typing hand back. How is it going with the new doctor? Better I hope.

Julie, A pain free day after what you have been through is a blessing. Enjoy it for the moment and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Apples, I am getting a second opinion on my TT tomorrow. I have a date set with the first PS but figure it would be best to get a second opinion and price for comparison.

Janet, your week with friend sounds wonderful. LOL Phyl and her phone. Too funny. I have to say, I do enjoy the photos she posts on FB.

Sandy...5lbs sounds like the typical vacation gain. Sounds like you are ready to jump back on track.

Are you having any muscle repair with TT?

Welcome back...missed you around here.

Yes, I will be getting muscle repair. The PS said it would pull in my waist and give me a little more shape rather that the box shape I have now. Also, he told me he found a small hernia which he will repair while he is in there. I wouldn't even consider doing this without pain meds. You must be very strong. The PS said I will need help the day of surgery and maybe the next day so your plan with DH sounds like a good one. That is the reason I chose to have it done on a Thurdsay. DH can take off Thurs and Fri and go back to work on Monday. My PS said I would need to stay home a week to 10 days. Did yours say anything about recovery?

Yep, back on a healthy plan. It was fun while it lasted but I have made too much progress and have learned too much to let it get out of control. LOL, my food monster loves vacation. Don't we all?

Sandy...I am thinking if there is not muscle repair the panni surgery will be easier than most of the hernia surgeries I have had. As far as the pain meds go, I would rather be able to take it than suffer but it's just not worth it, if it is by mouth. My body reacts by throwing up for days on end...not good for healing or the band. I had a couple of extensive hernia repairs and if I can do those surgeries without, I'm pretty sure I can do this one. Might be a patch or something doc will give me. He is aware of my adverse reactions.

Not sure about recovery time. I am home full time so will just get everything I need done ahead of time and try to not let it get to me. I usually plan at least 2 days after a surgery for feeling funky. I bounce back easily (usually)...we'll see. You gotta know my surgeon...he is a man of few words when it comes to most things. I have an easy time visiting with him and he seems to feel the same with me. He's just pretty closed-mouthed when it comes to aftercare. I am sure he will give instructions when the time comes.

Have you been in the Reconstruction forums at all? I think I have read every thread and have gotten a few good tips. Got a good recliner you can sleep in?

Sandy, PM your email address to me and I'll send you the document I created out of the emails Linda sent. I sent it to Lori, but I don't see your email address.