Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi gorgeous banders!

I have been destressing this weekend and preparing for a crazy week. DH b-day today and he loves his gift - ipad2. It was just released on Friday here in Canada so it won't be delivered until 3-4 wks.

DH hubby and I had a big 3 kms walk in the sunshine along the river. Went out to Celebrate his b-day last night. The plan was to go dancing. We never go out. Just our luck we went out and the dj was lame and nobody was dancing. Also we were both so tired we wanted to go to bed. Sign of age? lol as we are in our early 40's.

We had a really lazy day today. lunch out on the river and a big nap.

Since my fill on wed I am getting use to what works and not with the new plumbing. I have been a stuck a few times. I am eating less and just need to find what works. It is amazing how 2 CC's can change everything. I made a yummy egg, chicken & blue cheese puree.

Cheri - I hope things improve for you.

Everyone sounds like they are cooking up a storm! I have been trying a few new things but nothing major. I won the Bandwagon - food contest for ideas of what to eat for lapband success.

Spring is here so we are going to start on our little yard in our town house. I want to spruce things up so going to do a few repairs and paint. Planning new planters & outside decor.

I only lost a pound this week but need to take measurements as I feel good and I am down another size. Another bag of clothing this week gone!

I am focused on my trip to Mexico May 9th with my BFF. I would like to be down 2 more sizes. One gal at my clients is calling me the blonde skinny bitch - I find it really motivating :).

I am so excited that I can start back on weights and kick up my workouts a notch or 2. I need to see how things go then I will also start back with pilates 2x/week.

My back feels better. The true test will be golf when I start back.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Big bugs to you all & have a kick ass great week!

Cheers,

Kristi

Sorry I meant hugs not bugs :) lol

Big bugs to you all & have a kick ass great week!

Kristi...congrats on your continued weight loss. You will notice that you will have some weeks where the scale does not move a lot but you can tell a difference in your clothing. Normal. You are going great guns. Just keep your patience and follow what has been working for you.

Meredith...such a busy little girl. YOU HAVE A YARD???? We have not seen any of our lawn since last Oct. DH and I were sitting out in our 3 season (1season in MN) today and I am not sure if we have ever not seen the horizon at the end of March due to 5 foot snow banks. We will have a late planting season and that is always such a huge pain in the ass. I guess when a person (s) are in a business that relies on the weather, it does not good to complain. Just gotta go with the flow. The flow sucks. I am a planner and relying on the weather does not quite fit my plan. Good thing DH is so mellow.

To answer your question. FIL was to have surgery today on his dislocated wrist. Surgery was put off till tomorrow morning. I feel so bad for BIL. They landed in CA yesterday (they are from Seattle) to no luggage. He and his partner spent a better part of the day trying to track down all the luggage. No where to be found. They have little ones (adopted 2 boys ages 3 and 6 from Guatemala )..so went shopping. He gets the call about dad and flies out leaving his partner and kids in Palm Dessert. He is spending his entire vacation with FIL. Tried to convince DH to just fly to AZ tonight and let bro go back to his family and planned vacation. Will wait till tomorrow to see if he is needed. Once FIL gets back here (maybe Sat.) I will be able to see to it that he has everything he needs. As I stated b/4...just tough when he is so far away. And, EVA, thanks for the offer. As I have told you..DH is his clone so I know you would just love him.

Dinner with DH, GF and 5 yr old and 8 yr old was great. Sent them home with a box of food and the uneaten Easter candy. DH gained a little more than 15lbs while in Tucson and did not want that for a temptation. He has always been such a little guy and has never had to worry about more than a 5lb weight gain. Must be age. He will be 57 on 4/12 (Eva and DH share a bday and Arlene and my oldest share a bday). Cool. Anyway, DH has taken off all but about 8lbs and eating pretty good meals. He certainly is not sedentary....just loves to eat while on vaca.

Not too much going on this next week. Shop work for the guys getting machinery ready. I'm getting into spring (what spring?) cleaning...gotta get it done b/4 I bolt for the lake. On a daily basis...housework sucks...but, when I am under stress, I find it theraputic. Soooooooooooooo..............that said, lots of house work will get done tomorrow.

Linda...OMG...the peeling carrots photo on FB was way cute. I could have posted so many stories from little guy (GF's son) just from today alone. What a little character. And, 8 yr old daughter is sooooooooooo mature for her age. Brag. I didn't raise them. Mom and their dad are the best at working together even though they are divorces. I breath a sigh of relief every time she explains going to church together just for the kids. Wonderful parents.

Night all.

Cheri, thanks for the tips. I thought it would take a while to get used to that unusual position.

Hi Meredith, glad you are busy...it will keep you out of trouble. Sorry, no new turtles, just the same ones awake.

Janet, are you alright?

Have a good night everyone.

Morning to all. I had a great day yesterday -- did absolutely nothing. I was so tired and sore from cooking on Sat. We watched the original "Arthur" movie -- had seen on the Sun. Morning Show that a new Arthur is being made so we watched the old one - didn't remember it much at all - very cute - Dudley Moore was so good in it. Then we watched another moview through Netflix on our Wii - great that they have these freebies now -- when Aylah is here she watches some of them too -- so if you have a Wii or other game system you should check this out if you haven't already. We don't pay for any of the movie channels cause we don't normally watch tons of movies so this is perfect for us.

My meatballs are similar to swedish meatballs -- i just use mushroom Soup and a little white wine for the sauce -- I put the meatballs raw layered in a casserole dish and cover them with sauce and bake for about an hour. They are quite good. Ham balls were something I hadn't heard of before I moved here either Meredith and because I always had hated ham "loaf" I was sure I'd hate them. But no, they are really good -- it's a combo of ground beef, ground pork and ground ham (i use double beef to single ham and pork which is the flavor I like best) -- mixed with graham cracker crumbs and milk and then you make a barbeque sauce out of Tomato Soup, dry mustard and vinegar to put over them and bake them for about 2 hours. I thought I'd make them for Easter dinner -- so they are done.

Apples, so sorry about your FIL . Poor guy -- keep us posted on his condition -- all the little old ladies will be all a-fluttering when he gets home -- it should be cute. Hope he recovers nicely and the black out is not something serious -- maybe he just nodded off -- I hope.

Jessica, have a wonderful time on the cruise -- it will be so good for Jake -- and you to have some time to relax -- I know you need to study too -- but you can do that while relaxing. Your DH can spend some real time with Jake and give you a nice break from the contant parenting duties. Enjoy!

Went to a charity lunch/auction yesterday -- local minister's wife who has breast cancer -- had her mastectomy late in the year last year and now needs chemo -- and she has insurance that has a $5000 deductible - and so because she couldn't afford the payment plan they set up for her at the hospital, hasn't been able to get her chemo -- so tragic -- so a lot of the churches in town held a nice fund raiser for her - they were auctioning pies, cakes, dutch letters for $30 to $50 each -- had some nice gift baskets to auction off and for $5 had a nice lunch -- then they were selling individual Desserts for $1 each too - it was very nicely done. I can't imagine not being able to afford to have the care you need to fight cancer -- she has two teenagers still home -- very sad situation.

Eva -- I slept terrible Sat. night -- I took Vicodin -- but still as up about every hour and very very sore yesterday -- didn't even work out yesterday -- did take Merry on a nice little walk -- it was sunny but cold (it got a bit windy here too Apples)

Arlene, you're fine -- hope you had a nice dinner at Olive Garden -- get back on track today and you'll do great!!

Kristi- you are doing wonderfully - wtg on everything! Love the comment from the client's office!!! It's so fun, isn't it? Yes, 2 cc's makes a huge difference -- even a quarter of a cc makes a huge difference later on.

apples, your poor BIL -- hope DH does fly out so he can go back to his vacation -- yes, planting is very late this year - last year I believe all the farmers were done by now -- I haven't seen anyone planting here yet either. Hope that snow melts in a hurry and DH can get it done.

Well, got get going and get to work. Have a great week everyone.

Janet, hope you're doing okay!

Linda

Good Morning All,

Sounds like the changes in the weather is causing a lot of flare-ups of arthritis and FM. I hope things settle down soon for those involved.

Apples that is a shame about your FIL. I think you are right about this cutting his independence a bit. Most likely, he will give up driving. He will probably still be able to winter in AZ though; I’ll the ladies in the park he lives in would be more than happy to drive him around. Glad your BIL is there to oversee what is going on right now. Best of luck.

Linda, Oh my gosh girl, you had a cooking marathon yesterday! It is a lot of work but it is so nice to have something in the freezer that you can just take out. I was so happy to read that you do not need surgery on your neck. I am sure you are relieved.

Joyce, I am glad to see you posting now that you’re healed. Your Cayman trip will be wonderful. It is such a great place. Do you scuba or snorkel? When I visited there I went out with the local bird club. They took me to the bat caves. Awesome trip! We stopped at a local tavern after for beers. One of the best vacation memories.

Eva, I agree about the food saver. It is one of the best kitchen appliances I have. My husband does a lot of hunting and fishing. There are years that he gets 3 deers – that is a lot of meat. Before the food saver we lost meat due to freezer burn. Since the food saver we no longer lose any.

Jessica, happy new bike and happy cruising!

Cheri, Glad you have a good time with the grandkids. With all you have going on you needed a break.

Kiskis, a pound it right on track. Congrats on the new size and being called a skinny B!

Morning ladies,

Just had the concrete poured and they are working on smoothing it and then setting the J bolts, then it's done. Then I can call the Tuff-shed people to inspect and set a date to build the shed. Yeah!! Then I'll have to move and organize my stuff into the shed. Not like I can't find enough stuff to do. LOL.

I need to buy a stapler. It's amazing how important a stapler is when you need one. I can't find DH's and it's not a big one anyway. I think I'll buy a regular office sized one. My big expense for the month. However, I can deduct it as an office expense.

Linda, I bet you were sore...when I get over tired like that, I have a very hard time sleeping too. At least you got a lot of stuff done and won't have to do that again.

Sandy, hope you like deer meat. 3 deers are a lot. The Caymans vacation was a true vacation for me because it was relaxing and fun. Sometimes vacations are more work than fun with all the running around we end up doing.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Later

Eva

Hi everyone, just a short note as I just have to get some work done.....I'm doing okay and am feeling a bit stronger.... however a trip down to my laundry room and back about does me in.... I'm staying on this floor for a while now......

We had a rough weekend...... I should tell you all about it as it has upset me so much, but finally have it worked out with DD and DH so will just let it rest....... Except to say that because of my bull-headed mother we almost lost Laromi at Walmart on Saturday....... not good..... got worse...... Laromi is fine and so is everyone else now..... Yesterday my DD decided to tell me what she thinks about me being sick and such.... She is extremely angry at me for even getting the band in the first place. She is extremely angry that I prefer to try to kill myself to get skinny than to be alive for Laromi and Bailey and the new baby...... She doesn't care how I look......they don't care how I look they just need me to be alive..... NOW, WOULD ANY OF YOU FORMERLY OR PRESENTLY FAT LADIES LIKE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION FOR MY DAUGHTER???????? I cannot make her understand what this means to me..... Why I'm upset my band is now gone.....

Enough..... I just had a very long stressful weekend..... I'm hoping it's over, except my DH just wrote letters to his 2 kids telling them he was through trying to be part of their lives....... Their actions (or non-actions) indicate they prefer to not know us so he told them to call if they ever change their minds......... WONDERFUL!!!!! MORE STRESS.....

Apples, so sorry to hear of FIL's troubles..... You are on top of things and he will be in good hands very soon... You are the master at caring for others........

Joyce, Aleve can be very hard on your stomach.... I was on it for anti-inflammatory........plus another one..... Probably was not good for me..... Ask your doctor when you get a chance..... take care girl....

Laura, have a great time..... Cheri... feel better..... Linda.....good for you.... Jessica, have fun.... Meredith........slow down an little girl...... Arlene, keep going..... tomatoes................ we can't even see the ground... Snow is 2 1/2 feet deep in the clear.... guess what the piles look like???

Everyone else, hello, take care...... love to all................. Julie

Julie..sounds like you had a very emotionally and stressful weekend. Hugs. I know that, for me, when it came to getting the lapband, I researched WLS and felt that the procedure was fairly safe and was willing to give it a try. I knew that there was a chance that there could be complications and weighed the difference. I just knew I was headed down a very unhealthy path with my obesity and I had to make some kind of decision because yo-yo dieting was not the answer.

Good afternoon. Very busy day for me and emotional as well. I have been on a Quest to find old fashioned stationery for my Grandma who loves to write letters, not note cards, not designed paper for a computer printer, but boxed stationery with matching envelopes. Do you know how hard that is to find? no one writes letters any more. I've also been on a Quest for recipe cards and dividers for a new recipe box I got. No one knows what they are either, they just send me to the index cards. So I decided to try a Hallmark store. To do that I had to go to another town or so over, which is the town I lived in the other 2 times I lived in UT, where my kids grew up, where they went to school etc. As I drove past their high school I got all teary eyed and as I got deeper and deeper into our old stomping grounds it just kept on. Then I stopped and got lunch (nugget day) at McD's and it was our old McD's we spent hours in at the playland (which is no longer there). I guess DH was right when we bought a home, he wouldn't even consider living in our old neighborhood etc. as he knew how I'd be. To top it off, before I left on my quest this morning, I got an email from my cousins. My uncle is dying in Wisconsin. My family is not close at all, probably because my parents weren't close and we moved away, but these cousins and my sister and I were inseperable when we were younger. I have seen my uncle only a handful of times in my adult years (he was also my Godfather growing up). So that kindda hit too. When he dies I think I will try and go back up there for the funeral. It would be wonderful to reconnect with some cousins etc. we have somewhat on FB. And I miss that little grandbaby something fierce. I am going to see her next Monday, unless I am going to Wisconsin.

Sandy, we got our Foodsaver for the exact reason, deer and elk meat. It was the year DH had 3 deer as well. Now I love the thing. His meat supply is getting low and he has hunting plans this fall for UT, CO and SD so should be getting filled up. LOL

Julie, for the exact reason your daughter doesn't want you to have the band is the exact reason to get the band. So I could be healthy and live longer to be there for my grandkids. My family also loves me no matter what size I am, but I need to be thinner and healthier to live longer. If I lost my band, I think I'd explore other options like the sleeve or bypass even. Do you know if you can get another band or one of the other procedures yet? Sorry the weekend was so stressful for you.

Karen, hows FIL doing?

Linda, that GD sure is cute peeling those carrots!

Well I am going to go work on my recipe cards now that I spent who knows what on gas running all over town looking for my supplies!

Good Afternoon Gang! I had written a long post, but poof.....it was gone. Anyway, I am back to doing my Water with lemon, green tea, Protein, boiled eggs, yogurt, and fruit ( fresh picked strawberries). My DD and DGD went to a local market that has a strawberry patch. They picked berries. Oh My, they are so red and good.

Apples, How is FIL today?

Julie, sorry about the stressful weekend. I know you will make the right decision for your health. HUGS!

Lori, I think even though going to Wisconsin will be for a sad occasion you will enjoy the visit with your cousins. My cousins that I had not seen in forty years came to see us last summer. It was wonderful. We had such good times when we were young. I hope you get to go. I know you must miss DGD. Let's hope those two visits aren't at the same time.

Eva, is that a storage shed for your garden stuff?

Kristi......HUGS! to you too!

Sndy......yep, the FM issues kicked in last night. I had no idea we were getting a cool front until I woke up aching during the night. My legs and feet were hurting.

Janet......did you get your rest from the computer? Miss ya!

Okay gang, I am off to take my second walk for the day. Later!

Great....kitchen supply stores carry all kinds of cute recipe cards. I find them online at Amazon also. Same way with the stationary. I used to find very beautiful boxes for "Mom" Lucille.

Sorry you had a sad/emotional day in your old neighborhood. Try to think of the good times and put that frown upside down.

FIL is in surgery as I am posting this. He has two surgeons working on him. One for his arm/hand/wrist and another putting pins in his ankle that we did not know was broken. Poor guy will be in a wheel chair for a few months. Lots of decisions to be made on when he will be able to travel home, get his motorhome and possessions home and whether to set up the trailer he bought or wait to see how things play out. I told DH this morning that I would be more than happy to have him here in our home but we have so many steps that I don't think it will be the ideal situation for him. There are 7 kids in the family and would be nice if he could make the decision to where he wants to be instead of being told. I am going to keep my nose out of it unless I am asked to do something. We will see how it all plays out for now.

To top it off, a very good friend of his passed away yesterday. I let BIL know about it and told him to use his own judgement on when to tell him. Just didn't want him getting a call from someone and shocking him. He lives with his cell in his hand.

Great...forgot to add....sorry to hear of your uncle. Would it help to go see him now and not wait till after? Maybe that would be something that would be good for both of you.

Hey, Arlene, good going on two walks and getting back on the program. Those strawberries sound good. I picked some up at the local grocery store on Sat but sent them home with the kids last night. I did snatch a few first. They were so nice and sweet and red. Surprised me. Maybe they were trucked from TX? Didn't look this time to see where they were from.

Wow quiet on the old thread tonight.

Great, sorry to hear about your uncle. It's unfortunate, but at our age we start to lose people. Seeing your old neighborhood probably doesn't help with the melancholia either. Hope you feel better soon. Just think DGD soon!

Charlene, good for you and the walking. I'm proud of you. Yes, the storage shed is for garden stuff and paint, and all the other crap I collect.

Apples, how's FIL doing? It's pretty hard on them at that age. I would love to offer to drive him up there, but I can't go until June. Don't don't that he'd want to visit all my friends on the way...although there are a couple of old ladies in the mix.

Studying now....BBL

Eva

Hey gals, it is quiet on here today....... sorry for the explosion earlier..... I was just so ready to have my head explode....... Now, my mother just got me..... She WON a Carribean Cruise when she ordered some bras on the telephone the other day while I was in the hospital.... Real classy bras..........6/$54...... She was the 1000th customer and they give every 1000th one a trip...... When she told me of course I scoffed.... She has been scammed so many times and thrown away so much money and I thought I had convinced her to quit this stuff........ She gets mad at me , but I keep saying it.... Well, I just got an e-mail telling me a large amount had posted on her Discover Card......Yup.............. a cruise...... I called her to tell her and she says, well, now, that's not so bad....... I knew there would be something.... GGOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD HELP ME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm going to go crazy yet......

Apples, gosh, your poor dear FIL....... rains it pours, as we say.... hope he will be okay.... Lori, your day was sad and frustrating, too.... I did that whole search for recipe box things... got nowhere..... Never thought of Amazon..... I'm a novice to that sort of things... Order very few things on the computer......

After a very long talk about most everything today, DD and I are fine.... I did promise her that I will not have another weightloss surgery again.... BUT............... I made her promise me that after the baby comes and she is back on her feet she will join me in some sort of plan for both of us to lose a few pounds and get healthier... She isn't much smaller than me right now and only has gained 22 pounds with baby.......so far..... She agreed, especially to walking and being more active....... So we'll see how that goes.... I had already promised DH that I wouldn't... He almost put his foot down...... I do understand them, but I wish they could understand my side.... I'm so happy to be loved for who I am and now how I look, but I want to decide how I look........... anyway, enough....... Still need to see my surgeon next week... He probably will tell me it isn't possible anyway.......

I did a little more than usual today and am pretty played out... actually took a percocet a while ago, hoping to sleep tonight... It's my hip and knee still from my fall down the stairs a while back..... otherwise am feeling pretty good......don't like my meds.......

Night now friends.... sleep tight.... Julie