Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura, the plumeria I've seen around here has been trimmed to bush size. So I think you can make it a bush if you trim it. Put it in a spot where a bush should go and that you can Water. I don't care for bushes next to the house because they block access but it could work next to your garage.

Julie, you'll always be welcome here....you are a friend...remember? Take care and hope you start feeling better soon.

Meredith- great job on the 5k. I know what a true accomplishment that

is.

Joyce- Happy Birthday.

I missed posting yesterday cause I was

up all night doing school work. I was doing a plan of care for yesterdays

patient and practicing doing IV's, feeding tubes, and meds through the IV. I was

tested on all that this morning. I had to demonstrate it to my teacher. She

really rushed me through it. Before I could spit out what I had memorized she

would remind me of it. Eventually she just said "you know what your doing" and

passed me. It felt disorganized but I guess thats my OCD needing it to be

precisly as rehearsed. Tommorrow I have to do a lecture on Ketones. I thought it

was really ironic that my teacher would assign me Ketones. My partner dropped

out of the program so I will be the only one doing my lecture alone. I was glad

to do the research by myself but the actual public speaking? Yikes. I hope I

don't get sick like I did today. Before my demonstration I got sick to my

stomach from nerves.

I realized yesterday that I need to give my legs a

break. My calves are still sore from saturdays run because I have been running

everyday since insead of resting. Today I didn't run and have been iceing them.

Hopefully I'll have them back soon.

My eating has improved and I have lost a

pound in the past few days. I deffinately still have room for improvement. I

don't feel restriction though.

Jake and I will finally see the

Psychiatrist tommorrow for his ADHD. I hope we can get him on something that

will allow his appetite to come back. Dh is working 12hours a night 7 days a

week right now. He is so worn out as am I. It is all I can do to stay awake long

enough to get me and Jake to school safely. I will be resting on friday.

Good nite my dears.

Happy Birthday Joyce!!! Hope you had a good one!

My work-a-holic honey got home from work "early" (6ish)!!! Last night we talked about how much better we would feel if we walked together in the evenings. So, that's why he came home early tonight! We walked 3 miles by the lake and came home and had our St. Patricks day feast a night early. All day I worked on making Corned Beef, Cabbage, carrots, rutebegge, and potatoes. I only ate a few bites of corned beef since I get tighter after any type of exercise. I also made enough for his mom, sister, and her 3 kids, so hopefully they can come pick it up tomorrow at some point since I have to work.

Just wanted to check in, I have to get some dishes done before I go to bed.

Love all of you!

Meredith

Welcome back Julie.

Happy Birthday Joyce.

Apples, we'll always love you.

Laura, I know you're going through the cancer thing, too, right now. I am so sad sometimes. I'm just praying Rachel doesn't also have Ovarian cancer. She might not know till May when the surgeries are being scheduled. I wish they could get a biopsy right now.

I was remembering an incredibly funny incident involving Joi and Mikey when they were in 5th grade last year. We were reading a book together the period after lunch, and I looked up from the book and all the kids had their shirts pulled up over their nose and were casting evil looks at the usual culprits, Phillip and Dapo. Phillip is usually so bad that he has special permission to go into the hallway as needed, no questions asked. However, several of the boys kept asking for permission to go to the hall as well, the two girls, one of whom was Joi, were casting evil looks, and making disgusted noises, and giggling, and I was getting exasperated and Mikey says, with an agonized look on his face, "It's the cheese, Mrs. Flory. We had cheese. Can I please go to the bathroom?" It's one of my best memories of that group. And, of course, it involves farts.

Cheri

Morning everyone. Another gorgoeous spring day here - temps stayed up first time last night - it's still 50 here -- usually dips into 20s over night - it's a good sign. We are supposed to get some rain for a few days. . .better than snow.

Cherei, what a fun memory of those beautiful children, My heart and prayers go out to you Cheri for all the trauma you've endured over the past year. Hope your DD will start to include you more in her life - I'm sure it's hard tht she keeps pushing you away. But as mothers, we have to deal with that. You're there for her and she knows it -- she's probably worried about how her health is affecting you and is trying to shield you from some of it. Sorry for everything you're going through.

Arlene, hows the face? has it healed up from the waxing and the fillers? Are you happy with it? Do you recommend it?

Apples, did you get your panni scheduled? So excited for you - I ws all set this year to check into it but now I am waiting to see about my neck -- if I have to have surgery for that -- I don't want to do two in one year.

Lori, how's Katelyn and GM and DD? Hope you're enjoying yourself. We do miss your posts (and Janet's) but know you're having a good time and will be back soon.

Julie, I'm getting my paddle out for when you're feeling better -- you beter not leave us here -- we need you -- you are one of our rocks and without you, this thread would not be the same. Having your band out does not disqualify you from love and friendship so you just keep coming on here and let us help you get through all that you're going through. We love you and want you to get healthy and be pain free!! So please jump in here every day and tell us how you're doing and what is new and what your docotors are telling you. Perhaps you could get the sleeve or something to help with your eating -- but remember, you still have some very valuable tools you didn't have 100 pounds ago -- you have knowledge and you have already changed your lifestyle to include healthier foods and you have us to help. So use us please. Tell yourself POSITIVE things -- never negative -i.e., I will eat correctly, I will maintain my weight -- I truly believe that our brains listen to us much more than we realize and if we tell it the negatives it will cause the negative to happen.

Laura and LauraK -- wtg on the weight loss - proud of you both!!

Jessica -- wow, you are just amazing -- good for you on the demonstration. The public speaking will be fine - if you've done your research and know you're subject you will do great -- can you use notes? If so just jot your notes on index cards and glance down at them occasionally -- be sure to look at the audience - it's important -- I'm very lucky that I don't mind speaking in front of groups I rather enjoy it -- but I understand how frightening it can be for others. Pracitce outloud at home in front of a mirror as well -- practice at least 5 times out loud and that should be good prep for you. Just have faith in your knowledge and tell yourself positive things as you get up to speak. We know you'll do great - it's just another hurdle you WILL get over - what a tremendous journey you have had the past year -- you are amazing!

Eva, so great that you enjoy your gardening -- I'm going to plant my tomatoes just as soon as I can -- hopefully by the end of April - can't wait . Used to have a full veggie garden but don't have time for it any more so we planted grass in it a few years ago -- miss all the veggies but still have one raised bed for tomatoes. We only have two small flower beds -- just so hard to keep it up with everything else - my DH does a great job with our yard work.

Gotta fly, I'm late for aerobics.have a good one

Linda

Forgot to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Linda

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is a drive by......I have to go to my mother's.

Linda, I am pleased with the fillers. My DD said she sees a lift in my eyes on the Botox and the lines around my mouth are not as deep. I am pleased, but I probably won't do the fillers again. I may do the Botox. I like the lift on my eyes. I am like Janet, gonna save my pennies for an eyelid lift. Oh, and a TT too! Those are the two things that bother me the most.

Eva, I would love to have a plumeria. They grew outside are apartment in Hawaii back in the day. That is my all time favorite floral scent. Roses are second.

Okay gang, Gotta go! Later!

Drive by - Love & hugs to all... Busy busy busy - tired tired tired....

Happy St. Patricks day.

Linda Thanks so much for the encouragement. My Professor loved it so much she asked me to repeat some of it. I had a really great diagram of Ketoacidosis. She asked me to email it to her so she could email it to the rest of the professors. I am finally able to breath again after all the huge assignments this week. Next week I just have an exam monday and a patient care plan. Feels like normal again. I sent my application for scholarships in last night. Just hoping I will get some money to pay for my final term. I have a little for summer. I am thinking it should be enough. Hubby made alot of money last year so I don't expect much from federal grants. Gotta go get Jake to the Doc.

Happy late birthday to Joyce - -I sent you a note on FB but forgot to mention it here. Hope you had a great one -- what did you do to Celebrate?

Linda

Quick drive by! Been keeping up with your posts on my phone! We've been very busy shopping, etc. and showing Linda and Candace around the area. I'm taking a "time out" this afternoon to rest and regroup. We'll be meeting up sometime in the next couple of hours... downtown Palm Springs for Thurs. night street fair and dinner. Hope it's not too windy down there.. pretty windy here.

Happy Belated Birthday, Joyce!! And Happy St. Pat's day to all!! I'm a little Irish... like about 50%. My Mom's maiden name: Riley, and her youngest brother was born on St. Pat's Day..... Patrick Arthur Riley! Happy Birthday, Uncle Pat! He's not too much older than me... probably not yet 75.

Hugs to all.

8_9_20.gif 8_9_25.gif 8_9_47.gif

Hey guys. See Facebook for my daughter's "coming out" party. She's bald, beautiful, she's a beast, and she will "beast" this disease.

Cheri

Morning everyone happy Friday! Got up to 73 yesterday -- quite a nice temp but the sun never came out so it didn't seem as nice. I didn't realize the temps were cooler in Vegas and my DS and DIL called me thinking I was rubbing it in on FB. LOL. I had no idea I had warmer weather than they did. LOl.

Sent you all an e-mail so be sure to take a peek -- some interesting information on dieting and carbs. I think I'll try it a few days and see if I can break this plateau.

Have a great Friday -- CBL.

Linda

Cant post for long but couldnt go without posting to Julie!!!!!!!

WHAT????? HECK NO!!! YOU ARE NOT LEAVING US!!!

Julie, You are one of the first people that welcomed me into this thread and the one who has given me sooo much support with this band and in life!!!! You are a friend and that bond is there for life now.....sistas remember???

Experiences cannot be errased. Youve shared this experience and therefore you cannot just errase it....no, you are a intergral part of this thread and all of our lives.....so please stop even thinking that we wouldnt want you here!!! We love you and your wonderful giving, supportive life to all those around you in through your family and friends and through us.......so when you are feeling better and you will soon.....start posting again.....and use us now for the support you now need in dealing with all of this "new" stuff that is happening with you.....Im sure that all of this has taken an enormous emotional toll on you and we are here and always will be for you band or no band....and when this thread if and ever really does collapse and cant be repaired...we are all connected by email and by phone. SOOOOOO

DONT MAKE ME COME OUT THERE TO THE MIDWEST NOW CAUSE I CANT AFFORD IT AFTER SUNDAY!!!

hugs and kisses

Jodi

Cant post for long but couldnt go without posting to Julie!!!!!!!

WHAT????? HECK NO!!! YOU ARE NOT LEAVING US!!!

Julie, You are one of the first people that welcomed me into this thread and the one who has given me sooo much support with this band and in life!!!! You are a friend and that bond is there for life now.....sistas remember???

Experiences cannot be errased. Youve shared this experience and therefore you cannot just errase it....no, you are a intergral part of this thread and all of our lives.....so please stop even thinking that we wouldnt want you here!!! We love you and your wonderful giving, supportive life to all those around you in through your family and friends and through us.......so when you are feeling better and you will soon.....start posting again.....and use us now for the support you now need in dealing with all of this "new" stuff that is happening with you.....Im sure that all of this has taken an enormous emotional toll on you and we are here and always will be for you band or no band....and when this thread if and ever really does collapse and cant be repaired...we are all connected by email and by phone. SOOOOOO

DONT MAKE ME COME OUT THERE TO THE MIDWEST NOW CAUSE I CANT AFFORD IT AFTER SUNDAY!!!

hugs and kisses

Jodi

Julie, Dittos from me too!!!!