Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Morning all! Blizzard warning today -- we have snow/ice on the ground but expecting 12 to 16 by tonight, should make for an intereting day. Don't worry about me though - our town is so small that no matter where I go I am never more than 2 miles from home -- that's the beauty of living in a small area. I am never too far that I can't just walk home if necessary.

Lori, glad the shower went well -- I too can't believe you carried a cake on the plane! Glad it all went well with DD's MIL. As far as tje 5 DPT goes, I don't know if you'd get the full benefit from it if you don't do the 2 days of liquids -- as I never did it without doing that first. I needed to do it to know that I did have restriction -- but you may not need to that part of it.

Laura -- sorry to hear you and Nels are not feeling well - hope it passes quickly. I think it'd be great for your parents to join you on vacation - much better than having the PET scan -- you're right on that too - why bother doing it now? Atlantis sounds much better than that!

Apples, glad you were able to find your humble abode in Tuscon -- it's nice to have a definite destiny for every winter -- sounds lovely -especially with the crappy weather we are getting today.

Don't be in any hurry to return.

Watched the Betty White movie last night -- very sad -- very good though -- it was heartbreaking. I'm sure that happened more than we realized.

Had Zumba last night -- did some new songs and boy oh boy, for the first time I felt a bit sore afterwards. New moves must have used some different muscles than I'm used to -- Weird to be sore when I exercise all the time.

Apples you and I probably walk about the same pace, so we'd be a good match up for the 5K -- I'm excited -- hope Sandy finds one for us to do.

Well, gotta get ready for Water aerobics -- then work - ugh. Have chiropractor this afternoon. Stay safe everyone -- cbl.

Linda

Good Morning Gang..

Andrew wanted to take me out to dinner last night (his only night off) for my bday - but I had gym - so told him - ok great - but I have to go to gym 1st -;0) my arms are going to be sore ;0) - so after gym we went and had mexican food - 1/2 taco and couple bites of Beans..

So by the time I got home it was late - read but didn't post I was tired - busy at work..

Hugs and prayers for all those in the Snow !!!!

Busy at work - have gym again tonite - lunch w/gf today -

I have been really good about my vitimans since 1/1/11 ;0) - I have been sleeping so much better too..

Looking forward to Eva & Apples visit...

Lori got your fb bday wish ;0) - Sure glad the shower was good..

Eva & Apple - so glad you guys are having such a good time - can't wait...

Charlene - glad the thumb issue is better

Laura - Hope your parents can visit !!!

\

Well time to hit the shower - sorrry about the drive by...

Arlene, ouch -- shot sounded painful but hope it helps. Cortizone shots never hurt when I get them -- I just never look at that needle for one thing. LOL. Hope it starts to feel better soon.

So far no snow yet -- but they canceled school anyway -- in our rural community where snow is supposed to fall and then get windy they cancel -- don't want any kids to get stranded. I always offer my guest room to co-workers who live far - and many do -- once in a great while someone takes me up on it -- we are tough here in Iowa -- most people who live out in country have 4 wheel drive and they can manage. I'm a wimp -- after living in So. Cal. but of course, I lived in snow country (Ohio, Duluth, Fairbanks and Reno) so I know what I'm doing too. I just don't like it. LOL.

Well, gotta work -- check in later.

Janet, glad Andrew took you out -- such a sweet kid.

Linda

I'm going to click my heels three times and say "I wanna be in Tuscon" and see if it works. Here I go - -Eva and Apples, if you see me you can verify it worked. LOL

Linda

BRRRRRR it's cold outside! My thermometer out back says ZERO but the windchill makes it feel about 10 below they say, not quite as cold as Denver though. But a plus it is sunny! That foggy, muck, inversion is out of here.

Yep I carried that cake onboard the airplane, put it in the overhead during flight. It made it fine, they wrapped it up pretty good. TSA didn't say anything about it in the Xray machine.

Janet, how sweet of Andrew, glad you got to go.

Arlene, hope the shot is helping the thumb issue.

Eva & Apples, when do you go to Janets? Sounds like a fun time!

Laura, that would be wonderful if your parents went on vacation with you. HOpe you are feeling better.

Linda, glad you found some new muscles. LOL

Apples, so tell us more about the Love Shack. Is it a condo, a park model? Do you have to furnish it or does it come furnished? How exciting to have a place you know is there waiting for ya. Did Tanker pick out his spot yet? LOL I call it 'grocery store' too. Didn't realize anyone called it anything different. LOL Your 'simple' life in MN sounds wonderful, would love to have a gathering there.

It didn't freeze here last night and I wrapped my plants up like Christmas presents...oh well, I'm not going to take the covers off until I'm sure it's not going to freeze. They'll be okay in their little sheet igloos for a couple of days.

Laura, I do hope your parents go with you to Atlantis. That would be nice for all of you. Yep, it's good you can get dog time with the neighbors dog. They are messy, loving, fun, and a pain, but it will only frustrate you if you aren't ready to commit the time and the mess (hair, drool, the stuff that comes out the other end, vet bills, etc.)

For those of you that wish you were here, come on over. I do have and extra bed and so does Apples. Either way, hopefully we'll see you in Chicago.

Linda, did you say you were traveling by train to Chicago? That would be really nice. I want to do a train trip...well someday.

Have Spanish today....I studied, but not enough....I really have the writing bug instead. Plan on walking after school today....found a nice path across the college property then onto the walking path at Greasewood. This will add variety to my walk because I get bored walking in my neighborhood.

Need to study.

Eva

Arlene, it's 5 months until Chicago -- google train for 5K and see if you can try to work some of the exercise in -- walking it would be a great goal for you to set for yourself. I will walk with you!

LInda

Arlene, want to clarify -- I can't run (due to hip/back) so if you look at the couch to 5 K training schedule, replace the jogging with fast walking - just wanted to clarify for you so you'd know what I meant -- It'll work the same as jogging.

Love ya.

Linda

You know, that's a great idea Linda.....5K is only 3.11 miles, not that far. I won't run either, but I can walk and I'd participate in a 5K (walking) too. It's a great goal to work toward. Arlene are you up for it? Even if there isn't an event in the area that weekend, maybe we can make our own event.

Is there someplace we can do a 5K walk/run? Those of you that don't walk or run can be the cheering section and have balloon etc. waiting for us at the end.

Good Morning All....

Eva...love your idea of our own 5K...we can mix it up with runners and walkers. The runners can bring us walkers in at the end. I think the walking is doable for most and if there's some question about finishing and they can't, not a big deal. Hope some of that Spanish sinks in today. You will get it....baby steps.

Linda and all of you that sounnd like you are going to get hit with snow today.....Nanna nanna boo boo! (kidding). Stay safe and hope it's not as bad as it sounds. Do not miss is. I am sure most AZ ppl would think that the last couple of days have been cold. I say they have been lovely.

Great...to answer your questions....we bought a park model and it is completely furnished right down to pots and pans, silverware, cutlery, vacuum, linens, towels, coffee maker, mixer, washer/dryer, patio furniture, etc., etc., etc. But, will be making a couple of visits to Goodwill to drop off some loads. I like my own linens, towels, cutlery, pots and pans, silverware, vacuum, etc. Anyway, the place is really cool for a starter. When deciding which way to go, had to consider that for the next 5 yrs or so it will only be lived in 2 months in the winter. There is an annual rent on the property also. We have camped for years and years and love the campground/RV setting. We are happy we made the decision we did.

DH is off spending the day with FIL. I got up early and made a couple of meals for his freezer. He had mentioned that he was eating TV dinners b/4 we got here and I was able to stock his freezer/frig. I want to be sure he has a good supply of meals in his freezer b/4 we leave.

The two of them are off to purchase a towing package for his motorhome. He bought a pickup since he came down and needs a way to pull it behind MH. Then they are going to go to lunch at a cute little whole in the wall cafe that we have been eating at while looking for places. It's one of those good ole' homecooking places and has been in business since 1955.

Tanker and I are just hanging and soaking up the sun on the back porch. Have turkey in the slowcooker for dinner, doing some bookwork and bill paying, doing laundry and planning my menu for the Friday Night Social Club that we are hosting this week. (I think I stole it away from someone but really wanted to do one while we could). Just a nice day of "hanging" with the dog.

Laura...sound like a great idea to take parents on your vacation. Hugs on your dad's health. I know how this all wears on you and you take the brunt of eveything. It's tough but spending the vacation with them sounds wonderful. Hope you and Nels are feeling much better today. Get your rest.

Well...time for another load to go into the washer. Will check back later. You all have a good one!

Melissa...You sounded so HAPPY in your post about playing with your son. Keep it going. A great way to show your son how much you want to spend time with him. And a great way to kick your physical activity into gear. Way to go!

I am very happy we had alot of fun. Oh except now it has been raining so we have not practice. I have been unable to find and indoor court near us yet.

Does anyone know if you use a racket ball instead of a tennis ball if their is a real difference? Meaning if it was just wet outside and we wanted to play I figured you can use a racket ball cause it is rubber and the weather would not ruin it. This is just for Alex and I to play with. Any ideas?

Hi all....

Am back from CA. Vacation was amazing....relaxing and the weather absolutely gorgeous!!! We went on a two day excursion to San Diego and the rest of the time we spent doing some great things in Palm Desert.

Had a wonderful visit with Janet and Phyl and her husband and Zoey. Janet has a beutiful house and that girl can cooook!!!

Those who have Facebook can check out the photos from the week...havent figured out yet how to upload on here as of yet!!! Need time for that!

Been a very busy week with unpacking and getting back to life...shopping, washing etc.

We got the invitations and all the favors and center pieces for the bat mitzvah and today am picking up labels and stamps so will be busy getting them all out by end of the week and then can breathe maybe. lol

Just wanted to post...hoping tomorrow is a snow day so can finish all the work that I have for invoices as today is 1st so can catch up and get it all done together by end of week...frankly dont see that happening till Sunday. lol but, will try!!!

Hope all is well with everyone. Havent had time to read any posts and couldnt get on computer at my dads.....since my daughter and his wife and himself shared it all week and I could not get to it...thank god had my BB and was able to facebook and get emails!

Well...must get going just wanted to say HI......and let you all know I havent dissapeared forever! Just for a bit longer till things settle down. Foods are good.....not discussing the workouts. achum but know that I better get back on track soon or else Im jeapordizing all that ive worked so hard for.

Have a great day all

Jodi

Just a quick note to you all - I'm home safe and sound -- our office is closed until tomorrow at noon --the call center (where I work) will be manned tonight and then tomorrow by on call people from home. If the storm is as bad as they think they may cancel work tomorrow afternoon as well. I work for an amazing company - I've never had a "snow day" anywhere else in my 42 years of working!! Wow.

Just wanted to let you know - gotta go eat some lunch.

CBL

Linda

Hey Jodi...sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and that you have a handle on everything you need to get done for your upcoming celebration for Dazzi. Hope you don't get hit with mega-snow again (or maybe I should wish for it so you have that day off work. LOL).

Linda...glad to hear you are home safe and sound.

Eva....I take back the warm and sunny comment from this morning. Now that the sun is not showing on the back porch, it is a bit chilly. Still nice compared to MN but a chill in the air.

Apples, do my eyes deceive me? Are you complaining it's chilly in AZ??? LOL Have you been there too long? LOL Now Zero outside today here with below zero windchills, now that's Chilly! LOL Just had to give you a bad time!

Just went and saw the weirdest movie, Black Swan. DD told me I wouldn't like it, I should've listened. It's had so much hype I wanted to see it before the Oscars. Sorry I did. Not my kind of movie. So now I am rooting for True Grit and Kings Speech for the Oscars! King Speech number one. I loved that movie.

I am busy working on taxes. I am very relieved. I am always so worried when we move and get all the moving expenses reimbursed etc. they add that to DH's income and tax it. I always worry they didn't hold enough out, but from the looks of things so far they held out way way way too much and we should get a huge refund. WOOHOO!! But I could be making mistakes. Not to fear though as the state says we didn't pay enough. GRRRR so they will get a good chunk of it. I am debating paying to have them done though just in case I am screwing up.