Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

So because my son wants my husband or I to play tennis with him so he can practice, I am learning to play tennis. Alex (DS) is teaching me; he made the JV team at school (since this is the first year he is playing). I ran suicides, did lunges and all the other fun stuff the boys get to do during practice. I will be sore tomorrow. But I had alot of fun being with my son and he was having fun being my teacher. I thought I was going to be sick because the only work outs I get is my job which is very physical; however since I am working less than 30 hours right now it really is not that much of a work out. But I have to say we had so much fun together. I think he really digged the fact he was teaching me something. What teenager would not want to tell their parent what to do. He has practice tomorrow after school and I am off of work so I said I will go watch and then we can play together after words.

I just have to get to work on the eating I am doing because I am stuck in carb addictive behavior. But with the recent posts of ideas I will turn it around.

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still alive AND reading all your posts!! Speed reading, at times, but reading!!

Very busy week with trip to AZ and Mexico, birthday party Friday night, lunch with friends on Friday, dance at our clubhouse last night.

Church today... but have done just about nothing but play games on computer and phone most of the afternoon. Now getting ready to go to memorial service at our chapel for people who died last year. Would skip except for our friend Max who died in Oct.

Tomorrow.... Water aerobics, then beading!! Off and running for another week!

Hugs to all!!

Good Evening peeps! I walked two miles yesterday and today. I have been weaning off of carbs. I did have a Protein Bar today with carbs in it. I was busy with church this morning then we took the pastor and his wife out for lunch. I had fajita meat.....no chips!.

Linda, thanks again for posting and sharing. It really hit home with me. My mom is special. You can see her on my FB in the 2008 Christmas. She spends a lot of days now talking about her growing up days. She married her high school sweetheart( before my dad). He was killed in the Pacific during WWII. Last year a great niece found his sea bag. In the very corner of it was a blackened ID Bracelet. She polished it up and there was his name Phillip and my mother's Norma Jene. She had given it to him before they married. Imagine that bracelet stayed in the sea bag for 65 years. Since then many of Philip's relatives have dropped in to meet and hear about the uncle they never knew. When I went to get her clothes the other day there were pictures of her and Philip all over her dresser. One of the nephews told her that their story was like Titanic. In a way, it was. She did not get his belongings because his dad did not like her. The ID bracelet gave her peace and completed the circle. She loved my dad for 49 years, but not the way she loved Philip.

Laura, sorry little Nels is sick. He must really feel bad. HUGS! for him.

Joyce why did I think you were in the Bahamas? I knew you were going to Tucson. It sounds like you had a good time. Now, back to the cold. I hear it is gonna be bad this week for everyone......well, maybe not CA and AZ.......lucky people!

Cheri, my DH had gastric bypass. He ate a piece of pie yesterday and got so sick he had to go to bed. Then after a couple of hours he broke out in a sweat. You would think he would learn. If I have been off of carbs for awhile and eat sweets I get kind of queasy, but not like him. I was so concerned I went in there and felt him to make sure he was warm. At our age you never know.

Janet, sound like you did have a blast. What a sweet Bro and son to do a few honeydews for you.

Julie, hang in there. Maybe you should ask the Dr if you could cut back on the dosage of Lyrica or extend the length of time between dosage. If it works ......take it. HUGS!

Eva, the card exchange sounds fun for you that make them. I never got into card making. I am better off sewing and crocheting. Post some pics if you exchange. I love all crafts.

Melissa - WTG on the Tennis w/your DS !!!

Charlene - What a lovely story about your Mom ...

Got bills paid - fb - watching t.v. - Andrew just left - waiting for Joseph and them to come home - Melissa is visiting her Dad - who wasn't really in her life - Joseph is making this happen - feels that the girls should know their Grandpa and Melissa needs to get to know her Dad w/o her mothers influence..

Food today - 4 oz of hamburger - 1 snack pack popcorn - Fish - Spinach - and later a piece of cake before it goes bye bye..

No worries about the multiple posts Linda....I couldn't get on first thing this morning either. It is a weird site now.

Melissa, glad you are having fun with your son. Tennis is really good for movement and short sprints. It's fun exercise.

Charlene, remind me to post those cards...probably on FB since posting here has been so difficult. I still have to make them. It's suppose to cool down here tomorrow too. Yuck.

Just a stop by to say hi....later. Eva

Hello all!

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just want to thank ALL of you for your kind words of support and encouragment with my potential career change. It is so hard for me to hit that "send" button!!! I just can't do it! I will have to force myself to do it tomorrow or Tuesday. It is just plain ol scary to me. But, You are all correct, I need to break through my comfort zone and try something new!

We are preparing for a TON of snow Tues dinner time and ending Wed around noon. It makes me nervous. I don't have anywhere to go on those days, but Andrew drives to work 40+ miles each way and it is supposed to be worse near his work. I will send some blankets, a change of clothes, and some extra food with him just in case he gets stranded. Cheri, I hear you guys are supposed to get 20 inches and we are supposed to get about 15. So, brace yourself! I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to get everything to make meals for the week. I do that on Mondays anyhow, but tomorrow the grocery store is going to be nuts!

Ok, sorry, just a quickie. I've read everything, and like Phyl, I too have done some speed reading as well. More tomorrow. Love all of you!

Meredith

Meridith, go ahead and hit that send button. Dont be afraid of change, it can be a good thing. Yep, I heard we are gonna get whollaped here in Chicago. The last I heard was 18 inches. I think I will take a vacation day and just stay home on wedsneday. :blink: Travel times will be high. Apples, see all the fun you will be missing by being in AZ?:D

Good Morning!

Yes, we too are in the winter storm watch -- supposed to get some snow starting this afternoon through Wednes. with possibilities of up to 18 inches. Hopefully NOT. Don't need/want that. Yuck. I'm ready for spring, not that mess.

Arlene, i did look at your pics - your Mom is so cute -- as are all your family. Loved that recent pic of your sister Linda and her GD -- so cute. That is quite a story about your Mom and her first husband. My DH had an aunt who married a young man who then went off to World War II and when he came back he had developed a mental problem and was put in a mental aslym. She had had a baby with him who had been still born and she chose to keep all of this a secret from most people for the rest of her life -- she never married again. Such sad stories. That's probably one of the reasons your mom is the way she is - she's known and lived through a terrible tragedy/loss and knows what's truly important in life.

Meredith, hope all goes well with your clients -- I have a feeling they will be very supportive of you -- it's not like you've kept your schooling a secret.

Melissa, good going on the tennis--not only is that good for your body but good to be connecting and spending time with Alex -- it's a win-win situation for sure. Keep it up. You'll get the food under control -- just start with one day and then add another and another - just keep your goals small at first -- soon you'll get excited again and start feeling so good you'll want to make the right choices. Since I've taken the carbs out of my mouth I have felt so much better -- have a lot more energy, etc. It's amazing how much better I feel.

Phyl, glad you checked in and glad you had a nice trip!

Jodi, I saw on FB where you got home safely -- just in time for this next storm (ugh). Glad you were able to enjoy the small amount of great weather - such nice pictures -- looks like you and Dassi had a wonderful time.

Time to get ready for work -- have a wonderful Monday - stay safe to all in snow country -- I made Soup yesterday and did all my grocery shopping over the weekend so we could survive a good month -- lol. no worries here.

Lori, hope you have time to post all about the shower!!

Linda

Oh, Eva, I keep forgetting to write about the card exchange -- I'm willing but will warn you -- I've never actually made any so I'm quite the beginner. I'd be willing to try to do Easter cards -- what do you girls think?

Linda

Good Morning Gang! I finally got a good night's rest....pain free. I stabilized my thumb so it wouldn't pop all night, and turned the A/C on to get the house nice and cool. Now the front will move in the next couple of days......Ugh! I do go today for my jacked-up thumb.

Linda, yes, my mother has many life experiences that she always handled with grace......and God Blessed. I saw the Hallmark movie last night with Betty White. Wow, my mother's husband was MIA in the Philipines in 1944. I hope she didn't watch it. It was a real tear jerker.

Sndy and Meredith.......the storm of the year is coming! Take care!

Phyl, glad you checked in.......you are one busy lady.

Janet, I think it is a good thing for you son to make sure his daughter knows her dad. Then she can form her own opinion and relationship with him.

Good Morning Peeps

Charlene you turned the a/c on ?? I know I haven't watched any news this weekend but didn't know TX got that warm - It was cool and cloudy with a touch of wind - here yesterday with a little wind.. DIL really did enjoy visit w/Dad - I guess she resembles him in looks.. They had a good time and yes she needs to form her own opinion..

Meredith - You go girl - You can do it..

Linda - LOL you are stocked for the month

All you expecting snow - stay safe and warm - Kaitlin is asleep on the couch so I don't have t.v. - so don't know what to expect today - gotta go to bedroom to ck out weather so I can dress for the day..

Forgot to mention that we did go to see King's Speech yesterday -- loved that movie! Really great acting --and what a great story. I taped that movie with Betty White last night Arlene, but haven't watched it yet -- will probably sob through it all. LOL. I love a good cry.

Gotta get back to work. Later.

Linda

Sandy, I love yoga. I have been going 2 or 3 x per week. I now need to find another zumba class because I miss it and I need the cardio. I have been walking on my treadmill but not much of a work out like I can get on the trail in the summer time.

I am not sure if I can do a 5K. I have that as my goal for the year. I think a lot of it is because it scares me. Maybe by June I can get thru this fear and be able to do it.

LauraK

Laura, we can run together. I know you can do it. I am not very fast and really don't care about time, my goal is always to finish without walking. We can run together and encourage each ofther when it gets hard. I will see what is happening that weekend. Hopefully there is soemthing downtown. There is nothing quite like running with 30,000 to get the adrenaline pumping.

Linda - loved the article you posted. Thanks.