Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well, I got a temporary fix for my thumb.....I bought a thumb stabilizer at Walmart. It feels so much better, but hard to type.

Julie, I don't know when Lyrica kicks in...my med started to work in a few days. I bet you are really sore from that fall. Take Care!

Apples, sounds like you are a veteran at passing stones. I wish they would come up with a medication to dissolve them. HUGS!

LauraK, yep those nuts can really make the scales go up. Dr. Davis said English walnuts and almonds are the best to eat.

Laura, thanks for the info on the ps.

Joyce, good going on the gym.....especially going in the snow.

Melissa, the cold front is here. You should get it soon.

Sndy......glad your dad is better. Yeah, we will get ME time one day soon.

Later!

Hey everyone,

just checking in.....been busy! Today was the first day of school for me! As fate would have it the teacher had jury duty, so we did not get down to any learning! I'll fill you in after tomorrow!

Still been doing my thing, have not stepped on the scale...maybe in a couple days. I usually weigh in on Tues. , but I skipped this Tues. (guess I forgot)..so not until next Tues..

First really pretty day we have had in a couple weeks...so I guess I will get my butt up and go on my second walk/jog!

Everyone have a great day!

~Kelly~

Melissa, the cold front is here. You should get it soon.

Later!

Bummer I know as of right now nothing yet. There is a chance it could be much north of me

Whew....passed that nasty thing about ten minutes ago. Was a bugger and now ready to get back to life. Missed our walk this morning and ready to go after it tomorrow morning and then hit a museum with DH and Eva (if she is up for it).

Kelly...good to see you check in. Hope you thouroughly enjoy school. Also, hope your scale is down in numbers next Tuesday!

Alrene...happy you found a temporary fix for that thumb. I would be cumbersum to type with it.

Joyce...good going on the gym.

Laura...thanks for the TT and panni info.

Gonna go hit the shower. I had so many cold sweats, hot sweats, etc. the last few hours that a shower will revive me. Later.

Yippee, Karen, the stones are gone.

Laura, thanks for the info on TT. I will let you all know what the doctor has to say after my appointment. I have heard about waiting one year after reaching goal. I am hoping since I have mantained 193-197 for a year all will be well. I just want to lose the last 20 before having it done.

Yahoo! It passed! It passed!

Has anyone heard about Jessica's xray outcome yet?

Apples, congrats on passing the stone. Only had it happen to me once. That was enough.

Laura K, you can do it. My DH quit a 2 pack a day habit when he married me. I couldn't stand being around him after he'd smoked. He decided he wanted to be with me. Now he can't stand the smell. He did gain but eventually lost most of it. He can dance for hours now.

Linda, I don't even know what to say. Your husband can maybe do the mandatory reporting since he heard the Dr.'s report. Or he can ask the Dr. to report it. Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. Joyce, I know you have similar issues.

My parent involvement games night went well. I'm beat, but it was worth it. I'm getting tougher as I get older. Not nasty, just not afraid to say when this is not the way we're doing things. Kept things running smooth with children not running around wild.

American Idol is actually quite good. Love the new judges. Showed mostly good singers and not so many horrors. Not nearly as nasty without Simon. Some tearjerker stories. Just about the only reality show we watch.

Gotta go to bed. Temp is dropping as I write. Tomorrow we'll be in the deep freeze.

Night.

Cheri

Well I think I got it fixed - I moved the usb port for the wireless keyboard/mouse from the usb splitter and put it in an actual port in the computer..

Sorry too much to respond too - I'm Hungry and want to go vegge

LauraK - WTG on the smoking - I tried the chantix - but I really didn't want to quit smoking - just half ass and as we all know - if you aren't determined nothing is going to work - just like our lapbands - if you don't do the work - then it's not going to work - so I am still smoking..

Apples - glad the stone passed

Cheri - agree with you 100% on Idol - I didn't think I would like Steven Tyler at all - but he was good - hell - Last yr Simon seemed so bored just waiting out his contract.

Laura - Hugs and love - I read your post earlier - but forgot ;0) oh ya Joseph played baseball - I loved it - I was at all his games..

Charlene - Hugs on Mom

Linda - Hugs on Katie - so glad Alyah has you..

Well sorry about the drive by - but I am very very hungry - food today - pt shake w/1/3 banana and PB2 - green salad w/deli turkey yogurt dressing - dinner - fish & veggies - and some popcorn later - tomorrow FF - picking up gf candy at 8:30 so will go out to bf - eating light today so tomorrow can have some treats...

Everyone else - love and hugs - I just am tired busy day today...

Cheri...we watch A.I. tonight and last night also. I am not the biggest fan of JaLo, but, I really do like her on the show. She comes across as very caring. She is absolutely a beautiful woman and has done a lot to promote herself. One of the reasons I have never gotten into her is because she (to me) seemed so egotistical. But, I have to say, she comes off differently on this show. I have always loved Steven Tyler (off the wall and crazy) and Randy Jackson. I think they have good vibes going on as a threesome.

Happy your event at school was a hit. Get a good night's sleep. You deserve it.

Sandy...I am still considering a panni. My LB doc does his own TT's and pannis and I trust him. Very talented. I decided to take this time while on vacation and weigh the risks and to contemplate whether or not I want to put up with rashes and waking up at night because I am laying on it. I am pretty sure I already have my answer. It's very bothersome. Cannot tell I have a panni with my clothes on and I am not self conscious of it....just bugs the crap out of me in the way it feels. LB doc and GP thinks it should come off. Will see. I decided to take until April 1 and then make my decision and then visit with doc on what steps to take. I have had many surgeries and have gone home the same day without pain meds, so, not worried about that part of it. And, I can recoup at the lake. I'm like an old dog....I like to go off by myself when I am healing or in pain.

Hoping to get some sleep tonight. Still having some ureter spasms and know I most likely am passing some gravel. My energy is back and I just cannot wait to get out and at 'em again. I am not a whiney patient....just get ticked off when I miss things cuz of these stones. (Sorry, Eva...wish I could have met you for dinner).

Yes, Jessica, waiting to hear the results of your xray. Also, wondering about what you found out on your kidney test results, Linda? You have so much going on in your life right now. Thinking of you. Hugs.

Janet...missing you.

Julie...hope your new meds kick in soon. Sorry about your fall down the stairs. Not a good thing.

Sandy...I'm not expert but really think you would be happier with TT results if you would get down to the 20lbs lost. If you have no plans to take off the 20lbs, then TT wouldn't be an issue at this point. The only reason I say this is that if you have the TT and take the rest of the weight off, you might not be satisfied with the results. IMHO.

Looking forward to Eva's FNSC that she so gracefully invited us to. We have met some of her and her DH's friends and they are so genuine and interesting. Soooooooo, I thought and thought on what to make for this "social". I ended up making dreadfully fattening brownies with fudge frosting. What a better way to get to know ppl than when they are salivating over your brownies???? My taste-tester (DH) said they passed the tast test and now I have to walk him an extra couple of miles tomorrow morning. He's been held up in the house with me today (hovering...it's love) and all he does is eat when he is locked up. His belly is distended and I can hear him out in the kitchen scrounging for more. LOL.

Apples thanks for the shout out.....

In all your pain you still remain to be a "Lady" thank you for that, and thatnk you for the support and everyone else that gives it to me, I think it has remained to keep me on track,,,,,,well not only the fact that I'm turning 50 in May!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Apples thanks for the shout out.....

In all your pain you still remain to be a "Lady" thank you for that, and thatnk you for the support and everyone else that gives it to me, I think it has remained to keep me on track,,,,,,well not only the fact that I'm turning 50 in May!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kelly...I think the last thing you would call me is a "Lady" if you would have spent the day with me and my stone. I have a lingo that would embarrass Eddie Murphy as I am trying to pass these things. Made the dogs ears go down.

Yeah apples on passing the ole boulder!!! Did you name him/her? I thought of a good name.... F^%#$@*&! What do you think? <wink wink>

Janet, glad you got the keyboard/mouse thing worked out.

Last night got a distraught call from a NP friend of mine (her daughter goes to school with Nelson)- her 67 yr old FIL dropped dead in the parking lot after visiting his doctor!!! I didn't hear the phone ring while Nelson was in the shower. It was an hour or so before I saw I had a missed call- she was wanting me to pick her daughter up from school. She's with a classmate for a sleepover now and doesn't know about her GF. OMW. Just makes you realize how fragile life is. When the kids graduated from kindergarten we had a cookout here- and the GP attended. I can picture him sitting on my lanai with a drink in his hand. Sigh. He's going to be cremated and then ashes taken to his home in Germany. He was being treated for colon cancer but was in remission. Can you imagine how his dr feels? Imagine telling someone you think their symptoms are benign and this happening?

ok.. time to make a lunch for Nelson. No plans for the weekend yet. There's an Italian festival in town... but alas, everytime we go... we eat too much bad stuff.

peasout..Laura

Morning everyone. Very cold here and supposed to be for several more days. Apples enjoy that sunshine. Glad you passed that stone -- have a friend here who just got over a bout with a stone.

Sandy, I don't mind you asking - I share everything here - Aylah's dad has only seen her a couple of times. Right now he lives in Colorado. This year he made a bit more effort and they actually spent a few days visiting her. He's married now and I think his wife is helping in that area. Prior to that, he had only spent a total of maybe 2 hours with her over the course of the first three years of her life. He has several other kids, as far as I know he pays minimal child support and not sure if he even supports his other kids. We don't really know him - Katie didn't know him well either. They never really had a "relationship". So even though he's her dad, he's pretty much a stranger to her and to us. We would never deny him a part in her life but wouldn't really feel comfortable with him and his wife raising her as we don't know anything about them or how they live. It would be very hard for Aylah too. So this also adds to our stress about her health. We certainly would not want a judge to decide who would raise her if something happened to her Mom, especially at this age - she's only 4. Katie did talk to him about it after her ilness in August when she was in critical care and he was agreeable that my son and his wife or me and my DH raise her if something happens to her. We need to get it all done legally, and that's on my to do list.

Went to my first chiropractor visit last night - iimpressed with him -- did x-rays and I go back Monday. Hoping he can give me some relief from my neck and shoulder problems.

Gotta get ready for work -- TGIF!!!

Linda

Good Morning Gang

Laura - Sorry about your friends Dad..

Linda - Put that on top of your list (getting Alyah's Dad's) consent legally to let you or DS take care of GD is Katie doesn't change - I had a gf who died and her DD should have went to here Sisters - but the Dad got her - she did know him - but all he did was pawn her off to his sister and collect the SS.. How does your DH feel or handle the situation w/Katie

Hope the doc helps your pain

Apples - How fun to go to Eva's FNSC - Have fun

Not much to report - I'm up at my normal time even though it's my FF - got stuff to do - gotta hit the road at 8... Need to call Jodi - she should be here enjoying our weather - Gotta find a Kosher dessert for Dassi ...