Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oops, in my confusion looking at 2 different year's calendars I got them mixed up.... Melissa's birthday is today, Monday...... So, I'm not late!!! have a wonderful day Melissa...... love you, girl...... Waiting to meet you one of these times.....

Well, I went down to my bed at 1:00 ish...... Up at 3:15 with pain..... took a pill and have a hot pack on, so it should calm down soon I hope.... Meredith, I don't like the pills either.... I can really tell it in different ways... I'm shakey a lot of the time, the horrible dry mouth all the time, and my memory is betraying me alot these days.... I hate it, but the pain is unbearable at it's worst and it takes a lot to knock me down.... Anyway, good night again all of my hopefully sleeping friends.... Julie

Julie - Thanks again for the birthday wishes. i hope to meet you soon as well. Take care of yourself. I pray you get some answers soon.

Happy Birthday Melissa. Have a great day.

Laura, fantastic pics. You must somehow have got them posted later. Glad I was glancing back and saw them. You go girl! You have come unbelievably far.

Meredith, I hear you on the cost of all these life events. Can eat up every extra dollar leaving little for treating yourself to something outside the budget. I've been putting all my $ into the European tour with my choir and now my niece is getting married in July and wants us all to rent cottages for a week in MI. My kids and I can hardly afford it. Plus I'm looking at a very very downsized retirement if I don't save more money. If I were better able to go Spartan on a daily basis I'd be in better shape but sometimes a girl's just gotta shop. Retail therapy. According to Jessica's Dr.'s logic, we should all stay out of the stores so we can "feel our feelings." Balderdash.

Julie-hugs.

Cheri.

GM all...

Just finished reading all the posts from Friday on.....so many ideas flying around.......thanks so much for sharing. Sometimes Im afraid ill miss a post with some idea, concept or new recipe that I try to read every post even if its a week late. OCD too. lol

MLK day today and all the yeshivahs have school....its one of those days that I really dont want to send Dassi to school on principle because he was such an important figure for our country...why they dont acknowelge this I will never understand.....but, cant keep her home because I need to work as well and if I chose to be on her calendar and not the BOE calendar....off to work I go unhappily.

This past weekend..busy, busy. busy. Dassi had three bat mitzvahs....Friday night, Sat night and Sunday all day. Too add to those she slept at a friend who lives around the corner who hosted several girls that dont live in walking distance to go to the Friday night Bat Mitzvah that was taken place at out synaguage. They invited her as well back to the house afterwards where they had a slumber party....then she went back in the afternoon for lunch and playtime....She came home to shower and change for the Sat night affair of another girl that took place at a different synaguage. Thank god I do not have to drive alone back and forth to take her to all these affairs!!! There are 42 girls and therefore 42 Bat Mitzvah celebrations in one year...meaning....pretty much every weekend for a full year there would be at least 1 or 2 affairs! Fun for the girls!! Not fun for the parents. So, we have bat mitzvah car pools...as a matter of fact we have car pools for every event with different kids of course depending on the activities.....where there is maybe once a month for drivng either to or from an event.

One car pool for art club after school....this is 4 kids together.....then there is the no bussing days, like today there is no transportation because its MLK day and they are off....Chrsitmas day, and easter day etc etc. this car pool is with the five kids that wait at the bus stop together. Then....we have bat mitzva car pool that has 6 kids together that live in the near neighborhood.....so ive got postings of car pool lists hanging on the fridge...

.yesturday I picked up from the afternoon bat mitzvah and realized on the way home OMG I forgot one kid!!! Stopped the car and said.....wheres Rivka????? Holy #$%^...but they all shouted together that she wasnt there at alll.....apparently she couldnt make it to this bat mitzvah....conflict. WEW...that would have been bad....but why didnt I know this before hand! lol. Too confusing!!

Not to mention the out of town Bat Mitzvhas from Camp.....that is another car pool with only one other person though. That sucks but there are only a handful of those in any case.

SO, your probably thinking....so what did I do while the darling little thing was out partying till 11/12 at night? and all day Sunday?? hmmmm

lets see.....

to answer Laura and Linda...indeed "go out" I set up three dates...now dont laugh, One for Sat night, one for late morning Brunch on Sunday and a late lunch for Sunday afternoon. lol

well.....it was indeed tiring....cant do that again. as hard as it is keeping car pool in order.....try adding a date schedule to that each weekend!!! I dont know how I was able to keep their names straight!!

Well......Turns out didnt like the Sunday late morning guy.....he was like leering at my the whole time...checking me out visibly...I hate that and he was just , I dont know. Just didnt like him at all. The Sunday afternoon guy..was a really nice guy but just so negative about everything.....however could see being friends with him. He was entertaining if nothing else. The sat night guy...his name was Robert....he I liked I think. He was nice and funny....and cute. Him ill go out with again.....now the guy I went out with last weekend....Thursday and Sunday....decided nope....he is a really nice guy but I kind of feel like he is just going through the motions of doing what he should be doing on dates and the phone call afterwards but....he is just kind of awkward.. no demonstration of what his reall personality is like so.....not interested..

They all want to go out again.....but but i dont want to except for the Sat night guy....Robert. Guess what??? I dont know how to tell them I dont want to. I feel bad. I dont want to hurt their feelings. I dont know how to say "no" in the best of situations and I havent been in this situation really for a long long time!!! SO HELP?

Laura, talk about soap box!!

Foods have been good....even going out. Have had fish or Greek salad. SO....no problems and good eating. Exercise not great...and probably wont have time till CA this week as Ill be running from work to packing to reg sched program. Still maintaining the 145 lbs. but must get back to exercising not just running around. Although all the walking is exercise. Walking each day..at least 15-1/2 hr. But I know need more then that.

Morning all,

just wanted to check in and let everyone know i'm still here. Things are about the same here. Just found out that dad may have to have another surgery. The port they put in is not sitting in the right place. They may have to open him up and fix it. They are trying to do it without surgery now. He is on a colanoscopy prep lax right now. I told him yesterday that I didn't need a doctor or xrays to know he was full of it. LOL.

Leaving for my parents this evening. Deb has an appt for another fill and grab my son and we are off.

By the way I went in for my 3rd fill yesterday. Lost 5 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago.

Well gotta run.

Hugs

Chris

Chirs....great on the 5lbs!!! Sorry to hear about your dads continued difficulties...hope things get better.

Good Evening Gang...

Lori - Come on you need thicker skin LOL you know we are razzing you ;0) - We all understand - heck I would love to be in the position to hope on a plane and go where ever.. Glad you had a good time at the support and were there to help someone else - being a mentor really give you a standard to keep - at least it does for me.. It helps me practice what I preach

Eva A/C in the car - OMG it's not that hot here - I think we got to 73 or 74 - sure not a/c weather. Sounds like a wonderful day,,

Linda - Hugs on Katie and never getting a weekend for yourself - but at least DGD has you - where would she be w/o you.. Being a single parent my DS had chores and loves telling the story about Patches on his jeans - I would Iron on Patches on the inside of new jeans - hoping they would last longer.. We had our struggles - My DS knows how to shop on a budget and save $$$ but he's still of the generation of wanting it now and not waiting - reason for his involvement w/drugs - fast easy $$ - Well not really easy - almost got him killed..

Charlene - WTG on counting points !!!!

Cheri - once we get a solid date I will know better - it's pretty expensive to fly now a days - and I don't know like I said for $1000 I could have a full weeks vacation w/food included in a tropical paraside - Maybe something will turn up... Not a defenit no yet.. WTG on that train...

I don't get on the scales every day mostly because if I weight 135 -136 then I figure I can eat more treats cuz that's the low end of my 4 lbs max weight - so as long as I don't get on the scales - I think oh I bet i weight 138 so I can't afford that extra treat..

My Uncle say single parents is the reason for the down fall - and I think not having family values like we use to have - but again - with parents who stuck together but never told their kids they loved them - hell - it's just all messed up - who know why the world is the way it is - I guess it's the plan.. All we can do is the best that we can..

LauraK 27 yrs 2 men - OMG - well I guess that's why I'm not dating from the age I lost my virignity to today - well I would never admit to how many there have been ;0) - I was hot to trot when I was younger - but responsible only had 1 child ;0) Enjoy...

Jodi - We have Sherman's deli in Palm Desert - Montery & Country club I think - so you can still eat Kosher..

Well gang - i'm pooped - don't feel like typing - am hungry - had legs tonite - good work out ... Cbl maybe food will give me some energy...

Janet.....are those restaurants that have some sort of certification that they Kosher? Can you get me the phone numbers for them.....I dont care what kind they have....as long as its something....then my daughter will eat there. We have serveral delis that are open on sat but they have a rabbi of some sort saying the food is kosher....thats good enough for me. She will be okay with that as well....she doesnt need to know her rabbi at school wouldnt eat there however, there are all different levels that people hold to .....Im at the level of dont ask dont tell. lol if theres a sign that says it is...then heck it is! thats just me however. lol Hypocrite that I am. Shes a little more stringent.....but shel be okay with that sign as well out of town.

Cant wait to see you guys. So let me know if Sat night is good for you.....and Phyl for you.

Phyl, perhaps we can also get together during the day...I know Janet is working but....maybe we can another day during the week.....

Joyce, I hope that you feel better soon....youve been having such a hard time lately...perhaps a little bit taken out even will help. They say that even that could do the trick but reflux is not good as it really can do damage.....so you dont want that to happen. Better to be healthy and eat healthy and not feel sick, or bad all the time....you got the band to get healthy....dont let it become a major source of health problems in the future that these problems can cause...this is what my doctor told me when I was having such a hard time two months ago. So....take care of this....and dont feel like youd be a failure to take out even all the fill and begin over. It willl be worth it and you will get back on track and begin to progress and reach those goals....heck you didnt do this for nothing. Make sure its working for you the correct way!!

Karen glad you are having a great time.....Looks like it was a good decision to visit AZ.

Lori.....sounds like you have made your decisions and are sticking to them....who cares why your sister wants to do something....I figure heclk its more attention and presents for your DD....who could use all the pampering and attention she can get now!! I do hear you on the what is the ulteriur motive but....if there is one youl here about it soon enough. In the meantime enjpy and when that time comes....youl deal with it then and hopefully it never will.

Julie....hope you get back to mayo fast....

Melissa and Meredith you guys are doing amazing!!!! Keep up the great work!

Sandy, enjpy the vacation to the warm cayman isles....take some sunshine in a bottle home for dad.

Cherri..you sound a lot chipper these past few weeks....Im hearing your getting back to yourself after all thats been happening I hope you are feeling better it certainly sounds that way....youve been through so much this year so far...so thoughts and prayers are with you still.

Okay must run to work reallly now!

Have a great day all.

Jodi

Morning....have to take the dog to the vet for another blood draw. Testing her valley fever levels again. Then play date with Tanker and Apples. Not sure what after that.

Happy Birthday Melissa...hope you have a wonderful day!

Jodi, what dates will you been in CA?

Eva

Good Morning! I have the day off today for MLK B-Day. I didn’t have any plans but it looks like it is shaping up to be a nice day. I am meeting with my trainer at 11 instead of my regular 4 appointment, then taking Dad to the barber for a long overdue haircut (he is finally up to being out and about) and then to the store to get the ingredients for Emeril’s red snapper fillet recipe. I have the snapper but need the rest. Viola, my day is full. Oh yeah, I need to do some laundry. More later, I need to get moving.

I hope everyone has a nice day!

Good Morning, Gang! Sorry I've been MIA! I have been pretty much keeping up with posts, as best I can! Weekend was consumed with Red Hats luncheon, football games, visiting with neighbors and a Saturday night "happening".... which occurs when first one couple, then another and another end up at the same RV site and soon the Snacks start appearing, etc., etc. This one included a warm toasty campfire and was great fun... 7 couples by the time it was over!! Including a German couple.. This was funny... There was a pkg of hot dogs, and Buns on the table. So Peter goes over, takes out a hot dog, puts it on the bun and is about to put some mustard on top when I said, "NO! Peter... you're supposed to cook it!" So DH proceeded to put it on a poker for him and show him where to put it... over the hot coals, to cook it! I guess he liked it... he roasted two more after that. And then we taught him all about marshmallows!! He ended up with sticky fingers! It was a hoot!

Anyway.... it's time to go to the pool.... 82 degrees today.

Eva.... Karen...... Jodi is arriving this weekend. Janet and I plan to spend time with her Saturday after sunset.

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Oh my I think I have spring fever already. Today is beautiful out. The sun is shining, it rained all night and melted most of our snow except on the front aka north side of the house. DH is out there now finally getting the Christmas lights and decorations down. It's been so icy and they were frozen in place. Tonight he is grilling steaks outside. Now you sunbelt folks will think we are crazy going with no coats, grilling, etc when it's only 49 degrees out but after the cold we've had that is balmy! I am seriously beginning to wonder if I have that disorder when you get down/depressed when there's no sunshine. I feel invigorated after my sunny drive to the mountains on Sat. and a day like today. Anyone know much about that? Suppose I could google it but not sure what it's called. I didn't get like this in Denver. But Denver has more erratic weather. Sure we had our extreme cold, like a week of 15 below zero but it was just as common or more so to have a week or more in the 50s to 60s in the winter. Here it is just constant 20's and blah no sun, inversion stuff.

Sure has been quiet around here. Even Janet has been quiet. Apples is too busy soaking up the AZ sunshine.

I am going to Denver tomorrow since I didn't go to Hawaii and will spend the day with Grandma. HOpefully I will get on the flight. Usually Tuesdays are good days to go standby but with today being a holiday for lots of folks many of the Monday morning travellers must be booked for Tues as the flights are looking full.

39 here and raining -- guess it's the weather Great had over the weekend - yes, feels and smells like Spring, but oh my are my legs and feet hurting - just aching soo bad.

Just a quick check - very quiet here. Phyl, glad you checked in -- nice that you stay so busy -- funny store about the German guy -- can't believe he wouldn't know to cook a hot dog. And never had a toasted marshmellow? Wow that is amazing. Hve fun this weekend with Jodi and Janet.

Glad for those of you having a three day weekend - not us - my first 3 day weekend isn't until April 22 -- my birthday and Good Friday -- I keep saying it's about time my company makes my birthday a holiday. LOL.

Speaking of that, happy birthday Melissa -- hope it was a good one - hope you enjoyed it and relaxed.

Our move across the parking lot (at work) has been postponed for another week -- was suposed to be this Sat. now changed to 29th. No biggie for me - not much for me to move. Just my personal stuff.

This is my first day of 8 to 5 - so far so good -- have my ultrasound in the morning. Thanks for the infor. Laura -- I didn't know that about the blood pressure being a problem. Mine is fine usually -- but now I have to watch getting too low -- I usually run 110/70 -- sometimes 110/65. Before lb 140/85 or 90. So that's another NSV. Have to fast after midnight and then they said I have to have a second ultrasound with full bladder - yuck -- so uncomfortable -- they said it may take awhile to fill it - I said, "no way, one cup of coffee and I'll be full." LOL. We'll see.

Great - have fun in Denver -- hope you get out. Enjoy that bbque tonight -- sounds great -- I'll tell my DH to get ready to bbque here tomorrow maybe. LOL. We'll see, heard it's supposed to turn really cold like a high of 8 degrees.

Gotta run -- later.

Linda

Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes. I am having a wonderful day. I will check back in later. Love to all

Hi Gang! I finally went back to Water aerobics today. I am pooped.....the good kind of tired. I was sad to hear my aerobics instructor is quitting . She is moving. So, they don't know how many classes will be offered because they are short an instructor. Boo! She was the best.

Janet, I wish I could go to the desert. The weather here is in the fifties and dreary. It is going to be freezing by Friday. I know Phyl, Jodi, and you will have a great time. Take some pictures!

Phyl, you are one busy lady. I had to go up to my mother's apartment to find a sweater that would go around her cast. I found a purple shawl with a red hat pin on it. She was big into the Red Hats. I wish you were her size. I found several blouses embroidered with Red Hats. She is a size 8.

Great, I don't know about the seasonal depression, but so glad to hear you had a great day. Be safe on your day trip to Grandma's.

Eva, what kind of fever to dogs get in the desert?

Linda, Prayers for a good outcome on your ultrasound.

Sndy.....Yum! Sounds like a great recipe.

Jodi, have a safe trip to the desert!

Tx.....prayers for your Dad. Hang in there!

I am still on pts. I don't think I lost this week. My hunger is back, but I still have some restriction when I eat. I just don't stay full for several hours. I am still going to wait for a fill.

Later!

Wow! It is quiet around here! Usually all of you girls are on here junking up the place!

Great~ I think it is called Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka: SAD). I swear that I get it too! It is so crappy here and freezing. I stay in the house more when it is crappy out and there isn't as much daylight plus, its dreary most of the winter. I'm glad you are feeling better now! Our Christmas lights are also frozen to the house and bushes. It's only going to get worse because tonight and in the a.m. we are supposed to get sleet, snow, and freezing rain. It makes me nervous cause Andrew drives 40 miles each way to and from work. Enjoy your sunshine and have a nice visit tomorrow in Denver!

Went to the gym today. Did 40 minutes on the recumbant bicycle, planks, crunches, and some dumbell work with my arms. It felt great! I also went to the grocery store to stock up for the week. Made a quiche for my mom and dad and now ours is in the oven. Should be delish.

Food for the day so far:

BF~ Slim Fast

Lunch~ salad w/ olive oil and cider vinegar, salt and pepper

Dinner~ Ham and swiss quiche (just a sliver)

Haven't calculated my cals yet, prob around my limit of 1000.

CBL

Lori - I definitely have seasonal affective disorder. Always try to move to sunshine (visit) during the winter to break the mood. Lamps are sold that will stimulate the body that is deprived of sun. Sometimes a tanning bed will work for me, altho I don't like the possible damage from them.

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Oh my I think I have spring fever already. Today is beautiful out. The sun is shining, it rained all night and melted most of our snow except on the front aka north side of the house. DH is out there now finally getting the Christmas lights and decorations down. It's been so icy and they were frozen in place. Tonight he is grilling steaks outside. Now you sunbelt folks will think we are crazy going with no coats, grilling, etc when it's only 49 degrees out but after the cold we've had that is balmy! I am seriously beginning to wonder if I have that disorder when you get down/depressed when there's no sunshine. I feel invigorated after my sunny drive to the mountains on Sat. and a day like today. Anyone know much about that? Suppose I could google it but not sure what it's called. I didn't get like this in Denver. But Denver has more erratic weather. Sure we had our extreme cold, like a week of 15 below zero but it was just as common or more so to have a week or more in the 50s to 60s in the winter. Here it is just constant 20's and blah no sun, inversion stuff.

Sure has been quiet around here. Even Janet has been quiet. Apples is too busy soaking up the AZ sunshine.

I am going to Denver tomorrow since I didn't go to Hawaii and will spend the day with Grandma. HOpefully I will get on the flight. Usually Tuesdays are good days to go standby but with today being a holiday for lots of folks many of the Monday morning travellers must be booked for Tues as the flights are looking full.

Melissa - Happy Birthday.

Phyl - have fun with Jodi, Karen and Eva.

I'm so excited - a week from today will be out of this weather.

Linda - 39 degrees here with rain that is melting the snow - soon will be ice - here in KC too. sad.gif

Great, Yep Seasonal Affective Disorder is very common. My Dr figured I had this a few years ago, while they working on getting my Thyroid under control. I have a "Happy Lite" by Verilux that I sit in front of every morning for about 30 mins. It really helps. Just put it on the table drink my coffee and read for a bit. It has made a big difference for me. About a month ago I could feel that feeling that I wanted to hibernate so out it came.

Melissa, a great big Happy Birthday to you.

Jodi, practice saying "I just don't think it will work out for us" "Thanks but no thanks" Isn't it fun though. I'm having a blast. Have fun with Phyl and Janet and with your Dad.

Linda, when will you hear about your ultrasound?

Sandy, way to go with Cancun. Glad your Dad is doing better.

Laura, loved the new pic. What a hottie.

Chris, How's your Dad doing?

Julie, hugs.

LauraK