Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Yep I agree the friendships we have made here are for a life time - I am so happy about that - Hell I get more support from you guys than I do from the pple in my real life (we need another word for that)

Janet - I feel that way as well. Oh an we have roughly the same happen on our thread some pop in once in a blue moon then nothing. Oh well they are missing sime great support.

Melissa, I'm so glad you had fun. See it was so worth it for you to go. It's funny that you texted Janet last night because I got several texts also from some of my family. I was sort of occupied at the party but it was still nice to get those texts. It's a new year and we are going to be successful with our health and our jobs...right?

Eva

Eva - to answer your question. RIGHT!!!!

Oh I have to post this before I go - had QVC open - clicked on it and what do I find

LIVE LAUGH LEARN - CLOSE TO OUR NEW MANTRA ;0) WE SHOULD ALL ORDER SOME LOL

That was too funny we should ask for a bulk discount LOL

"I have to share a text I got last night from my DS. Sorry if it offends any of you, but at least I know he was paying attention when momma was giving him the talk. I about wet myself laughing when I read it this morning. So here it is: "remember wrap it before you let him tap it" It's crude but cracked me up, I guess I'm warpped."

Laura K - That was too funny I am warped as well cause I was laughing so hard I thought I might have wet myself as well

Sorry i have been junking up the thread with all my problems. I will hush for a while and just read :) Thanks for all your advice. It has been years since i drank and even when i drank i never cheated on her, beat her up, spent a lot of money took the car anyway drunk...none of that. Just drank. At home. With her...like ive been for 6 years locked in a cage.

Anyway, happy new year everyone :)

Laters

Tina

Tina - Please post you do not have to quit posting in fear of "junking up the thread" We only say that in jest. I think in started back at the begining when you only saw posts in green (apples) on blue (Janet). And since they changed LBT some peoples posts end up on thread multiple times.

Someone correct me if I am right in our defintion in junking up the thread

Tina besides if you can't get out of the house with out her being the driver than you can't meet new people and can't go to meetings so please keep talking to us we are all here and do not mind multiple posts or multiple questions.

Keep your chin up you can do this and don't worry about what will happen in your relationship if you are still meant to be together you will be if not you will be healthier and more independent and can meet someone new,

Okay everyone good night and I will chat more when I get off work tomorrow

Phyll...good to see your post...safe travels as you go south for the rest of your winter months. Watch the crossroads! Also....wishing for you to have a "mood free" trip. DS's GF gave him great advice for when his dad gets in one of his snits when they are working together. She said "Just go up and give him a big ole' hug and tell him you love him". It does set things into a different mood. I don't think that would work for me though. I get soooooo pissed when DH is moody that hugging or loving are the last thing on my mind.

LauraK....my DH was pretty sweet this morning when I told him I was going to start packing clothes. He asked if it would make me feel better to take the enclosed trailer. He meant it. This isn't about him not letting me take what I want so much as it is me trying to do as I want to do. I want to travel lighter than I have the last few years of going south.

Happy to hear your evening was a good one and that you felt the skin was not an issue. Cute text from you son. Tables are turned?????

Janet....cute QVC coincidence. Makes a person want to buy them just for the sake of having the bottles. No way do I need the product. I got loaded up with some really nice body/bath products as gifts for Christmas.

Linda....it does feel good to look at the house all spiffed up after taking decorations down. Almost bare after everything I put up but a good feeling. Good idea to check out the shoulders with your doc. You don't want to have future problems with them from the type of workouts you are doing.

Tina....I sure hope you did not take offense with me commenting on the "junking up the thread". That was something that was thrown my way over a year ago, I think. I work from home but I am also gone to my lake place most of the summer....I'm home maybe 2-3 days at the most per week. Well, I don't have internet access at the lake and when I am at home during those days I would try to say EVERYTHING I had missed saying and, thus, the "junking up of the thread". In other words....these girls started giving me crap (love it) about all the green ink.

You go ahead and unload if you feel the need. If you feel that you are able to talk and this thread is a soft place to land, then don't worry about how long your posts are or what you have to unload. You will find that not everyone responds to everything posted by another person and that's OK. There are some things that we all jump on and comment on. As you have probably noticed, we don't just discuss LB issues. It sounds like you are living in a bit of turmoil with your spouse. I would say that it would be to your advantage to try to work through some of the tough issues in your life prior to going through the lapband process. Even if it is just a few visits to a therapist that can give you the tools that you can use when issues arise. Prior to and after LB surgery it takes a lot of focus to change the things you want and need to change in your life. It is so nice to have those we love be supportive....even if there is some doubt on their part. It's a big step. Hugs

Eva....you know what? DH and I will probably be running around in shorts when we get down there. We would take the kids to FL in mid-Dec and we could always tell who the locals were. Layers of sweaters and jackets while we were in tanks and shorts. We live rough and tough up here in "No Man's Land"....we can take it. LOL

Melissa - you are 100% right ;0) about junking up the thread

Tina - Junk up the thread all you want - that's what it's here for and your post can be as long as you like.. The junking up the tread is a joke about Apples - when she's home she's always posting - you will find the same thing w/me sometimes - I work and sometime don't get on as much - to busy at work and then some evening just not enough hours after gym - dogs - dinner - and some down time for myself.. Heck you will find me twitter updating some time - oh I'm washing clothes - oh I'm cleaning out the fridge - nonsense sometimes :0)

I think you need us LOL and we need to give you our experiences - I think Jessica is our biggest good example of who really has changed from a caterpillar to a butterfly - we all have some issues in our lives and sharing our thoughts and feeling is what this is all about - it's about us our lives and all the crap we have to deal with...

LauraK - So glad you had a good time and even some non calorie dessert ;0) ... Love your DS text - mine would be having a shit fit he thinks he's my Daddy... Once when I was at Phyl's house for dinner - he called I said I'm at Phyls for dinner - who in the heck is Phyl - I said slow down little boy - I'm grown but for your info it's my friend and Phyl is a girl ;0)

Well had a ck thigh - it smelled so good - had to have one :0) will have salad later...

Linda isn't it funny how our bodies crave healthy foods - I know mine does..

Eva....you know what? DH and I will probably be running around in shorts when we get down there. We would take the kids to FL in mid-Dec and we could always tell who the locals were. Layers of sweaters and jackets while we were in tanks and shorts. We live rough and tough up here in "No Man's Land"....we can take it. LOL

You will be showing everyone that you are SNOWBIRDS LOL.... That's how we tell pple from cold country - they are in shorts and sandals when we are in snow boots, long pants & jackets !!!!! Plus they are normally tanner than us - Like right now Phyl normally is darker than me - cuz she's out and about in the sun

Ok here's me junking up the thread -rolleyes.gif

QVC - apples - i have a million diff body washes - lotions - but I love Philosophy - it is a very very good product... I think I am going to order it and I need some more fake Peanut Butter to ..

Well, I had a weird experience this evening. I went to eat brisket at my DD's house. My SIL had spent all day smoking beef and chicken. So, I had two small slices and some steamed carrots. I got half of the slice of brisket down(chewed it good), and then it got stuck. I got nauseated and vomited. Then I started sliming again......came home and took my bra off......I was okay. I guess the weight I have gained has caused my bra to be tighter than usual and was pressing on those adhesions. Tx, thank goodness you won't have this problem. lol I was miserable. I am glad it happened at DD's house. Thanks for letting me whine. I am going to bed. All that drama wore me out.

Hi guys~

WOW... LOTS of posts to catch up on! Wishing everyone a healthy and happy New Years!

We didn't do much. DH was/is on call all weekend so no parties for us. Actually b/c he had early cases this morning we were in bed by 10pm. Feel like ole folk at times. He's been working all day, still not home. : (

I missed the Chicago decision... Last I heard it was somewhere in TX or somewhere warm?! What happened to the cruise? I had DH talked into it! We would have built in baby sitting - as most have it. Sigh. If it's summer- I will likely not be able to come. We are planning a big trip to Syria & Turkey for last week of June- first week of July. DH will go for 2 weeks and Nelson and I might stay in Turkey for 1-2 more weeks with my GM. It's still in the planning stages, but it will be a busy time for me. If it is in the early spring on a long weekend, then I might be able to come. I've been to Chicago several times, so for me it would be to see my girls. : ) I don't care to shop when traveling- as I can't carry it all back home!

It sounds like everyone had a great NYE! Love hearing about all the activities! Still stuck on Cheri and "a hard man is good to find". OMW....

Hi to you all. Will check back tomorrow. Hopefully will be back in business Tuesday when school starts back! ; )

peasout............... Laura

Good evening!Just got home from the football party. I decided to root for Wisconsin since I am from there just to have a team to root for and I must've jinxed them cause they lost. But I gotta tell ya I got the best compliment, that really meant a lot to me. First some background. I was feeling sorry for myself the other night and was watching a TLC show 'What not to Wear'. The gal on there had a very low self esteem and body image issues. It upset DH that I could relate so much to this gal on the show and he commented on how nice I always look. He's not one to give comments like that much and was trying to point out to me my attributes vs what I see as all my flaws. Well tonight when leaving that gal's who's house we were at commented on my winter coat and scarf and said, "I just gotta tell you, you always look so nice and have the nicest clothes and look so put together'. It about blew me away, if I didn't know better I'd have thought DH paid her to say that as it was almost word for word what he said the other night. Anyway it meant so much to hear that. I am always so self concious and thinking others are looking at me and judging me. And I thought I looked pretty frumpy because I wore a red tshirt under a sweater just to wear something red to root for Wisconsin. LOL She also has a daughter that had bypass surgery a week ago and asked me if I'd be interested in meeting her daughter and having lunch with them one day next week. Her daughter is scared of eating out, starting solids when the time comes etc. So maybe I can be sort of a mentor for her. That would be great for me too.

OH how I froze tonight though, they didn't have their heater on very much or something. My fingers were actually blueish looking. I am wrapped in a blanket now, it's 3 degrees outside. I'm thinking I am going to seriously have to look for a weeekend to visit Apples and Karen. I just asked DH if he had to go for work anytime soon and he does, so I'll have a free hotel room and everything. Is the airport far?

So how does one broil a lobster? Might have to try that.

Sounds like everyone had nice New Years eve festivities. Melissa, I am so proud of you for going to that party and even enjoying it! That is a huge step and has to build some confidence going forward.

Apples, you made me snort with your comment about taking turns taking me for walks. Thanks everyone for the kudos for me as a teacher.

Tina, don't stop writing. I needed you to clarify things because bipolar mixed with addictions can be very tricky. People in their manic phase can be filled with hubris, have no idea of their impact on others, and make very bad decisions, and lie without knowing they're lieing. I don't want to push you back into the depressive side, but getting better means being really honest. You've confessed to several addictions. You've mentioned abuse. You have a very controlling partner. Now, it appears, your partner was complicit in some of those addictions, like drinking with you, and obviously, had to be supplying you with a lot of food, but cuts you off from help by telling you you can't drive. My father is blind in one eye and has severe arthritis in his neck that prevents him from turning and now he's in early Alzheimers and he's still driving. He uses his mirrors. So we're getting bits and pieces of your story and needed to know if your partner has any real basis for her fears. Or why your father has access and control of your money. You have a plethora of issues. I strongly urge you to make use of a counselor to help you get through all that sh!!. Its more than we can sort out from your posts on here. We'll be here for you but we're not trained.

Right now, it appears that you still need to be in a relationship with your partner. Time will tell if you'll "outgrow" her or if she'll change as you change. But don't get into the hubris of the manic side as you get better. You'll do much better if you take baby steps. Baby steps with the food and baby steps with your partner.

Cheri

OK people. In April I am off the 2nd and go back to teaching the 12th. On June I am done teaching the 4th but start summer school the 7th. However, the rest of the month of June I am off all Fridays but am leaving June28th for European tour. Back from Euro tour Thurs. July 7.

June is generally a nicer month than July or August.

Because of the expressway, O Hare ends up not taking a whole lot longer than Midway which is crosstown.

Renting vans might be better than cars. Hotels on Halsted in South Holland/Harvey or hotels on Torrence Ave in Lansing are both close to my house. Halsted close to train station. If you get in on a Thursday aft or evening, that means we'd have all day Friday and Saturday. If you go home on Monday then you can throw in all day Sunday for fun also. Some of you may be able to do Friday, some Monday, some both. There's plenty to do to fill all the days. Make a list of the things that interest you most.

Cheri

Hey chickees (and TX)!

Glad to see everyones NY went well. Like I said, Andrew and I stayed home and had dinner, watched TV and relaxed. It was nice. He fell asleep early and I watched TV until 3:30 or so. Woke up today and made sweet and sour meatballs to take to my grandmas house today. Went there around 4 and hung out with my fam until about 9:30. It was nice, but on the way home was craving a salad. So, I'm going to have a small one now! You are all right, the body does crave good for you food!

Chicago trip~ Since I will have to take the train or bus from Detroit to Chicago, could I chip in on the car too? Or, Cheri and Sandy might know if we can get around with just public trans? Each time I've been to Chi we NEVER need the car, but always have stayed in the city. I have some friends there too, and might stay and extra day or two to see them. Not sure yet, but I am definately in for the trip. FINALLY i get to meet all of you in person! I feel like I already know all of you so well!

I read everyones posts, but there was so much today! I am so happy that everyone had a nice time last night. I am especially happy that Melissa went to the party!!!! You go girl!!!!!

I might be scarce around here from Mon-Wed. I have an exam on Wed at 1:30. I still have to schedule it, so I hope that there is still room available for me to take it!

Ok, goodnight!

Meredith

What a nice compliment your friend made, Great. Also a nice compliment that she wanted you to be available for support for her daughter. I had something similar happen about a year ago while in FL. Have a really good friend that asked me if I would visit with a friend of hers that had a daughter that had had LB surgery a year prior. For sure I would. Anyway, I felt she was doing great at where she was in her progress but she needed support. Got a nice email a couple of weeks ago from my friend that said she attributed her success now to my support. I made me feel so great that the little things I said to her in the many emails we had, made her turn things around. Makes the heart feel all warm and fuzzy.

And, Great, you ARE a classy lady. You ARE put together. We can be dressed to the nines and if we allow the negative feelings to take over, we can feel as frumpy as if we were wearing sweat pants and an old shirt. I am not talking about letting vanity take over...I am talking about giving yourself the credit you deserve. I know it has been wearing on you that you gained a little back. Don't let a little gain take over and ruin the goals you have set for yourself. Tomorrow is a new day. You have some new "tools" to use to get you back on a regular exercise program. Don't pass up the opportunity and a new start to getting back to where you want to be. We love you and want (sorry...talking for all again) these feelings of inadequacy to be put behind you. Question???? Are these feelings due to the bit of weight gain you have had? If so, let us help you get back to where you were just a few short months ago. You have stated in the past that you thought maybe you were too controlled. Well, gotta be blunt here....get that control back again. I have my own opinion...I think maintenance really scared you. I think maybe you were bewildered about how you would handle maintenance. I could be totally out in left field about this but I bet you just need to get over the shame of the few lbs you have gained and once you stop putting off for tomorrow what you can do today, you will be right back to where you want to be. This is not a race...but...you gotta start the journey again....put all of it behind you and get back to where there are no more "I will start on Monday". (just an example). Maybe not what you wanted to hear but for the last few months I have missed you and you talking about your food and exercise plan and all the good advice you give the newbies and everyone else. You've been holding back....I don't know if it's because you feel you cannot adequately give advice or not.

I warned you it would be blunt. But, it's all said with love.

Great, the airport is on the south side of town and Apples will be on the north side and I'm in the middle. But this is Tucson and nothing is that far away. Besides we can arrange a guest room, never fear. However, it's cold here and even you would be cold. It should get back to normal next week.

LauraK...glad your date worked out well for NYE. Funny post from your DS.

Tina, we all post stuff that could be considered junking up the thread....no worries. Its a medium we use to express ourselves in a place we feel safe. We have to understand responses may be tough, but they are given with love and we usually need to hear them. Post what you need to.

Linda, we didn't spend the night because we live so close...we walked over there this morning. I'd much rather sleep in my own bed with my cat and DH. It's been a good day.

Laura, Turkey is one of those countries I've heard is really nice. I'd like to visit there sometime. Sounds like you have a busy summer planned.

Not much to report....been relaxing. Have a good night everyone. food was not bad today....not perfect, but not horrible either.

Eva