Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Glad the fill is behind you, TX, and you now know what to expect in the future. Try to not think about how much fill you have. Best to go by how you feel as far as restriction goes. We are all so different. My doc does not discuss with his patients how much fill is in the band or how much he puts in. He wants us to concentrate on what we feel as far as restriction goes.

Kelly...forgot to WOOHOO you on the 3lbs lost. Way to go!

Thank you Apples, The only way I can figure out to respond is to go to each entry and then reply......Kinda taking the long way but at least I am not forgetting anything!:D

Changed font and size and both reverted to no choice. Oh well......water aerobics again today with friend. We are going 3 days a week. Yippee. Feels great and a wonderful teacher. Now, if I could only find my Water aerobics tennis shoes...... I'll look today. Has been over two years since I frequented the gym regularly. Time to start is here. rolleyes.gif

Cheri - sending prayers to you and the families and students.

Cold here too - 27 degrees at noon.

Well, lo and behold I am finally recieving e-mail notifications. See, I wasn't going to go on my walk and well the dog started bugging me so I ended up going, and I come back and wah-la......e-mails.....that really makes my day. I guess you can tell that it really doesn't take much to make me happy!:Banane04:

Now things will finally get back to normal.

Morning Everyone,

Cheri, I am so sorry to hear about the struggles your kids are faceing and the death of such a young person. But so proud of you for reaching out to touch their lives. She was here for such a short time but her and her sister were better off for knowing you just as we are.

I woke up 5 pounds lighter this morning. Hoping to reach onederland by new years. Only 6 pounds and I will be 199. I really kicked myself into gear this week. I am tired of letting myself down and being disappointed. If I gotta step it up a notch to keep going down then I am gonna do it. All these bad food choices don't make me happy one bit. Why do I keep getting in the trap? I am adding onto my excercise. My family and I are going to play tennis tonite. I also scored a $400 dollar bike for $50. So on my days off from running I will do some lighter excercise.

Had a Doc appt yesterday. My Doc was thrilled with how well I am doing. He even made a deal with me. He will run my first 5K with me if I will join his office in doing the Gate River Run in April. He really wants me to develop this running as a way for me to cope instead of eatting.

I GOT EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TOO!!! I, too, Kelly, am thrilled with that. Just started from your post. WOOHOO!!! BTW< Kelli, forgot to tell you congrats on the 3lbs!! I missed that somewhere along the way.

Well DD just called and she got this wild hair idea about her and I going to Minneapolis for the day on Friday to shop at the Malll of America, so now I gotta check flights. My first thought was nah, I don't want to go through the hassle of flying etc. just for a few hours. Then I realized I sounded like my mother, and how often does she ask to do something like that and with DGD coming soon we won't have many opportunities to do this type of things so I am off to check flights next. She tells me they are wide open but I gotta see for myself. DH says to go and have a good (but not too good) of a time. First thing, there's gotta be a Loft store there doesn't there???

TODAY WAS THE DAY!!!!!! My mouth is complete!!!! So happy it is all behind me. And, so happy that I went to a dentist who specializes in what I had done and is a perfectionist. I am sooooooooooooo happy with the job he did. I have teeth that will last me a lifetime and will stay beautifully white. Every darned tooth in my head has a nicely glazed cap on it. And, never ever would a person know they were caps. I was so worried when I started this that I would end up with "Chicklet" looking teeth. Woohoo! Think I will Celebrate with another cup of cappccino.

Now, I need to thank you guys for putting up with my A$$ during this process. It was a long one (April...I believe) and I do so much appreciate that I had you guys to whine to. As a matter of fact, I want to thank you all for just being here on a daily basis. I consider you my true friends. Amazes me that friendships developed just by making a few posts a day. And, that we keep making new friends (Kelly, Chris) and love our old friends that sneak back home (Meredith...glad you snuck home).

My appt was at 8am and it's a 70 mile drive one way. Well, after that snow storm yesterday, I was so concerned how the roads would be so I left here about 6am. Got there just in the knick of time so glad I left early. Spent till about 10:30 in the chair and then off to Target and then hit my favorite consignment shop. Good things DO come to those who wait. A story here but I'll try to make it short.

Last year I met Great for the first time ever on Thanksgiving weekend. We met at a restaurant inside a mall. Well, after lunch I decided to do some shopping. I picked up a Jones NY sweater and tried it on. It was soooooooooo pretty and just the right color of red for me and fit perfectly. I slapped my own hand and made me put it back. While in the consignment shop today, I spotted it. Same size...tags still on it and I got it for a whopping $8. When I put it back on the shelf last year it was discounted to $54. New smile, new sweater.

Cheri....I cannot stop thinking about that poor family. I went in and looked at the news clip of the family talking to the reporter. They showed photos of the mother and her 2 daughters. I will never in my lifetime get how ppl can kill other ppl. I just can't process it. I cannot imagine how this affects you. And, just a short time after the tragedy with Mikey. So, so sorry you have to deal with this and that the students have to deal and that their family has to deal.

Meredith....good going on getting back to the gym. Keep it up and make good choices and you will be right back to where you were b/4. And, congrats on stopping yourself now instead of 50lbs from now.

Melissa...sorry about your job and insurance situations. And, I agree with Phyll....you employer should not even touch your purse or any of your personnal belongings. Shame on her if she does. I would ask for a locker of some sort.

Kelly... you have such a beautiful area you live in...makes the walks a lot easier, I bet.

Joyce....Woohoo...back to the gym...way to go! Hope you keep it up. Always helps when a friend is along. Kick butt, Joyce.

Sorry...did not address you all.....not that I don't care...it's called CRS.

Well, better get something done today. Sending the love.

Phyll...congrats on the cute little red cart. You are going to look so cool tooling around with Zoey licking your face.

I GOT EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TOO!!! I, too, Kelly, am thrilled with that. Just started from your post. WOOHOO!!! BTW< Kelli, forgot to tell you congrats on the 3lbs!! I missed that somewhere along the way.

Well DD just called and she got this wild hair idea about her and I going to Minneapolis for the day on Friday to shop at the Malll of America, so now I gotta check flights. My first thought was nah, I don't want to go through the hassle of flying etc. just for a few hours. Then I realized I sounded like my mother, and how often does she ask to do something like that and with DGD coming soon we won't have many opportunities to do this type of things so I am off to check flights next. She tells me they are wide open but I gotta see for myself. DH says to go and have a good (but not too good) of a time. First thing, there's gotta be a Loft store there doesn't there???

Great....like your attitude....do it cuz your DD asked. Take it while you can. Yes, there is a Loft and an Ann Taylor store at the MOL

Jessica...congrats on the 5lbs lighter! You are plenty close to onderland and hope you can reach your Jan 1 goal. Great deal on the bike...wear you helmet (the mom in me). Take your doc up on the challenge.......seems to me that you have taken every other challenge that you could this year, so why not????? You are an inspiration, Jessica. So proud of our little girl!

I think that sounds really cool, and you are right there are a lot of times in our life when we could have done something and blew it off, and you think about it years later that old "what if"!

Thanks I have been working really hard!

I think that sounds really cool, and you are right there are a lot of times in our life when we could have done something and blew it off, and you think about it years later that old "what if"!

Thanks I have been working really hard!

My DH struggles with this a lot lately. He was such a workaholic when the boys were growing up. There was not much that came in the way of work. He has tried to make up for it since but one of our sons is very bitter about it and tries to throw it in his face every chance he gets. None of us are perfect parents but we should be able to set our lives aside once in awhile to do things that are important to our children. Not a lecture, Great. It was meant to be a pat on the back for what you are doing for you DD.

Too bad I'm not a bit closer...I would pop in and have lunch with you at the MOA. I love Nordstroms cafe...

Hey guys~

I just got caught up on the last 3-4 posts. I have felt so behind here for the longest time. I figured there are things from the last 3-4 weeks that I will just have to miss. Just not enough time in the day. I have had a cold/allergies since we were up in NC. That lead to my ears getting blocked- vertigo- then hearing loss in left then right ear. (crackles when I blow my nose). I had to go on steroids and antihistamines after seeing the ENT. sigh. He wanted to go look up in my sinuses with a camera and I refused. (not my first rodeo). He slammed me with SEVERE pain that brought me to tears AND a $600 bill for that last year. I told him he had to give me anesthesia before I would have that done in the office again. He laughed. I was serious. Here's an interesting observation. He has 3 band patients (small town I guess...LOL), and he said all 3 have said when they have congestion in their nose/throat/sinus/chest that they also get really tight. I had to have a small unfill yesterday. I was so tight that broth was causing me reflux. Every time I laid down DH could hear "air" burps from across the room. 2 nights in a row I woke up with GERD symptoms. I am NOT going through that again- so decided to get the emergency unfill. (not sure how good a decision that is now that I am on steroids- which will increase my hunger here in a couple days- but had to be done). I can't hear $hit but am feeling better already. I was really upset with my GP- they couldn't get me in this week, said they were booked. (even with his PA and NP). You know, it's pretty bad when you work IN HEALTH CARE and you get the run around. I have such sympathy for my patients these days. A patient shouldn't have to wait a week to see someone when they are sick. <stepping off my soap box>

Cheri~ OMG. <hug> I am so sorry to hear about that tragic accident. Just so sad. Really there are no words. Things like that just make me question the world we live in. We had that young girl in out town that was 9 killed in a car accident 2 months ago and I was filled with grief and barely knew her. I can't imagine a child who you had known all these years. I hope your faith and your work helps heal your heart. Thinking of you.

Great~ I think it's great that you are going shopping with DD. Trust me, once the baby comes- her world will be upside down and she won't think about things like that. It's like when we were in France and took a "day" trip to London. Everyone thought we were nuts- but I thought when do you get a chance to do something like that again. If you hit 3 stores, have lunch and a hug- it was a WINNER day. I loved your status update on FB- had me LOL today. I read it to the bus stop moms and they laughed. There's been a lot of us not sleeping lately. Hearing of your snow has me jealous a bit. yes. I want Nelson to see snow. Mom had some in her freezer for Nelson (had turned to a ball of ice). He's never seen snow falling. A side effect of living in FL.

Jewel~ I think you can reach your goal. WTG on the plan and the 5 lbs!!! I think that's great that your dr said he would run the race if you did! How is your son doing in school? How are classes for you? When are exams?

Meredith~ Love your positive attitude! ALMOST contagious : ) How are you feeling? Actually thinking of you motivated me to get my unfill. I don't want to abuse my tool. Scares me when I am tight.

Phyl~ Hope you feel better soon. You will have to send us a photo after you pimp your golf cart! We (Santa) is getting Nelson a 24v ATV. We hemmed and hawed about gas and it just scared me for his age. (although you can have a kill switch). He's 75 lbs (and the height of most 3rd graders), and his little 12v gator barely carries him in the grass. Our next thought was a golf cart actually! But we just weren't too sure if he could reach the pedal that good. We paid a little less that your cart though! I was also shocked to hear how many batteries golf carts need! Does your hold 5? Loved your jewelry. Wish I had the patience for that.

Tx~ congrats on your fill. It's much better to go slow and sure. I can imagine it being tough to lie down with your shoulder. The fills get easier and easier as you lose weight. I hope one day my port sticks out!

Apples~ How are you friend? Please stay safe on the roads! You have to take photos of your next snow fall. It's the closest I get to seeing real snow. : ) I need to send you a PM. Thanks for your warm thoughts about my Dad.

My Dad starts radiation tomorrow. Yesterday was the consult with the radiation oncologist. To update (new ppl and those who missed my post), my Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 ureter cancer last year. By the time it was found (after 3 major medical centers missed it) it had spread to his lungs, liver, nodes and spine. It was inoperable and incurable. He had 6 rounds of chemo which put it in a dormant like state. But now a year later it showed up on his 3rd follow up PET scan in the spine (T3) and some pea size tumors in lung and abdomen. He and my mom are really bummed. They were planning on a 2 week cruise this Christmas. (their 50th anniversary party got canceled last year after his diagnosis) They will be married 51 years on December 14. Cancer sucks. I am feeling so helpless. There are no words to say and nothing to do. I find myself sending him a text message daily with a photo of Nelson smiling. Figure maybe that might help. I am worried about my mom. They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle- but I am worrying that she is running on fumes. Not sure even she knows what will recharge her battery at this point.

I miss Janet. When does she get back? I can't wait to see photos of her trip!

ok. time to make some dinner and fold some laundry. If my life gets any more exciting- I might just burst! <said with a hint of sarcasm>

p.s. my neighbor's daughter just gave Nelson a "pickle" for the tree. Anyone else ever heard of this? HIDE THE pickle?

peasout...Laura

Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends. : )

Well gosh darn it all. The email notifications are working, the first one I got since posting last was the one for Apples post right after mine. So I click on it, does it take me to that post, oh no, it takes me to the last post so I still gotta scroll around for where I left off. GRRR

Thanks Kelly and Apples for the validation in that I am doing the right thing by going with DD on Friday. I know we'll have a blast when we get there, it was just the "I don't know if I wanna go through the hassle" but that sounded so much like my mother and all the times she disappointed me. Besides, we can hit all the baby stores too! It'll be fun. I am debating about contacting a cousin that lives in MSP and seeing if she wants to meet us for lunch. I've not seen her in years, and my DD doesn't even know her, or if I should just leave it her and I. I am leaning towards leaving it her and I, this is her trip after all. Sorry to say, but the last thing I want to ever become is my mother. That sounds terrible! But everything to her was a bother and she always took the easy way. LIke cooking, I begged to cook with her growing up so I could learn. But NEVER got to as it was too big of a mess. Now when my little DGD gets here, I don't care what kind of mess we make in the kitchen. LOL

Jewel, congrats on the 5 lbs. Go for it with your Dr and the run! You can do it!

Phyl, cute golf cart, how does Zoey like it??

:welldone: :biggrin: :coffee: :party: :sifone: Apples- I see we were posting at the same time! woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo on the teeth being done! Post us a pic!!! PLEASE! Funny I was just listening to that song "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"! LOL. Nelson's two front teeth are loose. He's such a chicken and won't wiggle them. I should tell him you changed ALL yours! So proud of you for sticking it out! WTG on that sweater! Karma. You deserve it.