Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Junking up the thread....

Just had to share another whine. I didn't have any poopcicles on hand so stopped and got some. Now, you have to realize we live 15 miles out. Red and grape are not allowed but orange is. So, as I am in the freezer section I am counting orange. OK...6 orange will get me through. I get home and there are 2! Damn the person who loaded that package.

Thanks Apples for saying that. I think this whole move and what not has thrown me for a loop. I don't do some changes very well. In some areas of my life, I love being a 'fly by your seat' type of person and hate plans and routines, but in other areas I need that. I got depressed about moving, changing my routine, etc. I need to quit whining about it and deal with it and make a new routine. Being kindda under the weather with this cold or whatever that is knocking me for a loop has given me lots of time for introspection today. And after committing to Arlene about cutting back the carbs, I really didn't realize how many I was eating these days. My Breakfast alone had 29 grams that I was eating. Did check and my mushrooms tonight only have 4 gms. Whew!

Last night DH and I went to the grocery store to get a turkey, they had them for $3 if you bought 4 12 packs of Coke products (which DH brings to work) and spent $25, so we got me some really good cuts of steak and cut them into my size portions and froze them, now he gets out his deer steaks and one of mine and grill them for dinner. YUM! It was trying to rain and snow earlier, luckily the sun came out as he committed to grilling outside tonight while I am a lady of leisure trying to shake this crud!

I have the crud too. Ugggggh. I haven't been able to take a bite all day, just Water. Not that I am worried about losing weight mind you, I just have to watch my glucose carefully to be sure I don't bottom out.

Apples.......how's it going......I hope everything comes out ok. If you a$$ starts stinging use Neosporin. Might be TMI, but hey prepping can be miserable.

Lori, Okay, I'll cut out oatmeal too. I will start on eggwhites tomorrow, but then for several days I will be in Vegas. What you eat in Vegas.......just saying......lol

Melissa, I am so glad you got an unfill so your gut can heal. Journal or you will start eating too much.

Sndy....sorry for the crud. Get better soon!

Juile, how are you?

Laura.....saw the pics on FB...Nels is such a cutie pie!

Laurak.....walked lately?

Linda......how's the FM pain. New front coming in today.....YUK! I need to move to a desert.

Janet.....glad you checked in.

Joyce......home yet?

Eva....are you gone again?

Phyl, how's the back pain?

Sorry if if missed anyone today.

I changed my menu. Gotta finish eating those dang Lean Cuisines I bought.

Arlene, I wasn't being food police. I was just shocked how many carbs were in it and since I want to lose a few, I want to really limit them. I really some carbs are good carbs and part of a balanced diet, but for now for me, back to what lost the weight in the first place, little carbs.

Have fun in Vegas, never did the Grand Canyon thing, for some reason never had the desire to. Some day maybe. LOL Gonna hike down it or anything?

Is it possible that I could be laxative resistent??????? LOL... This is rediculous. Been at it most of the day and now done with ALL of my liquid prep and the dulolax and all I feel is the nausea (better now though). WTH? Not like you guys want a play by play. We'll see.

Arlene...you can get egg whites in Vegas. You can get all kinds of Protein in Vegas. You can do a routine with no carbs in Vegas. Hugs

Is it possible that I could be laxative resistent??????? LOL... This is rediculous. Been at it most of the day and now done with ALL of my liquid prep and the dulolax and all I feel is the nausea (better now though). WTH? Not like you guys want a play by play. We'll see.

Arlene...you can get egg whites in Vegas. You can get all kinds of Protein in Vegas. You can do a routine with no carbs in Vegas. Hugs

Apples, are you just taking regular Miralax and ducolax? I had to some RX for something called MoviePrep and it worked wonders. LOL It was $52 or something though. DH had that too and worked great, no nauseousness and no cramping.

Arlene, Apples is right, you can do Vegas very well on Protein. Remember what happened when you had a bagel last time?? I like buffets for that reason, can load up on Proteins quite easily.

Apples, are you just taking regular miralax and ducolax? I had to some RX for something called MoviePrep and it worked wonders. LOL It was $52 or something though. DH had that too and worked great, no nauseousness and no cramping.

Arlene, Apples is right, you can do Vegas very well on Protein. Remember what happened when you had a bagel last time?? I like buffets for that reason, can load up on Proteins quite easily.

I had to do 5 ducolax tablets and 238gr of Miralax with 64 oz of Gatorade within a 2 hour period of time. I was such a good girl to do it all.

Arlene...Great is right...you can eat at a buffet and cut the carbs. You know that old saying..."Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today". We don't always want to be saying "I'll start my diet on Monday". I spent so many years doing that. :thumbup:

Arlene...one thing to watch for when eating off a buffet or any meal ordered...the sauces and gravey tend to have lots of flour or starch in them. You can always scrape it off but so many hidden carbs in them.

I don't know if we will do a buffett. We will be gone all day thursday......gonna take Protein bars and drinks. I think we get a box lunch. I will try to stay with meat and green veggies. You know me.......gotta do some slots on Wednesday afternoon. We leave Friday. We learned our lesson about staying in Vegas too long$$$$$$.

Lori, no hiking! Girl, I might could roll down there and EMS would have to pick up the pieces. lol

Apples, I don't understand why they did not give you that half gallon of stuff. Miralax is weak. Sometimes it take two days to work. I would think that would be the prep to the real prep. All Drs have their own preps. I hate that Golightly. I get it real cold before I drink it. It tastes like salt Water.......the Gulf of Mexico.

Gotta jet out of here......going to life group.

Later peeps!

Good Evening Peeps - Drive by cuz I am just too pooped to type...

Apples - can't beleive they didn't give the the golightly - it's suppose to be Water before the exam... Hugs - I got 7 more yrs till I have to have another one

Charlene - Have fun in Vegas - watch out for those pt bars - high in calories and not filling (well at least for me) You know what to watch for - and I agree w/Apples don't put off for tomorrow what you need to do today ;0)...

Great - Yep routine - I like to be spontanious - but I like my routine too - or I flounder - ..

Well didn't mean to miss anyone but just read (scanned this page) Love to all... Hugs Janet

Hi all,

Just caught up with everyone. No comments. Gotta go to bed. Had a meeting after school. Came home for an hour and caught up on e-mail. Left for choir. Came home and caught up on FB and LBT. Getting up at 5 a.m. as per usual so need my sleep.

Julie, have you ever thought about not trying to sleep at night? Seems like you overmedicate at night to kill the pain so you can sleep. Then you can't get up in the morning. Maybe just stay up and stay busy until you can't keep your eyes open. Sleep in your chair as long as you can. Then keep busy until you can't keep your eyes open then sleep again, etc. Maybe your body will find its natural sleep rhythm without knocking yourself out with drugs.

You didn't seem to have much pain when you were busy with the wedding. What were you doing then that was working?

Maybe having all that work to do kept your mind off the pain? Made you tired enough to sleep?

Also, I lost weight while taking Flexerall. I doubt it caused your or Arlene's weight gain. It worked on my trigger points which allowed me to sleep comfortably and move freely throughout the day. Remember I'd had that bad fall and it took at least 6 months to heal. All my trigger points were triggered and firing. Moving freely and sleeping well helps you lose weight. Eating the wrong things triggers my appetite and consequent weight gain.

Also, there is a stomach bug doing the rounds that may be responsible for some of the band discomfort people are going through. Definitely nausea is part of it. And, as we all know, major gas issues.

Apples, I'm really surprised at your Dr.'s choice of laxatives. Hope it all worked out in the end. LOL.

Cheri

Cheri

Well had my first PT apt. today. Everything went ok. I have about 80 degrees of movement right now. It looks like I am in for 3 times a week for 6-8 weeks

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

I am being banded next Monday, November 22nd. I am excited and yet nervous. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. I am getting push back from my closest friends who tell me that I am crazy to do this surgery. One smokes to keep her weight down and the other one is heavy like me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Csolo