Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi gang! I just want to wish all of you a great weekend. I have all of my china, cloths,centerpiece, and candles packed and ready to do my Christmas tablescape at church tomorrow. The dinner is at 6p, but we are setting the tables in the morning.

Janet you would be so proud of me....another NSV. I put on my Shapewear tee( is that what it is called?) and wore it all day. Not once did my port or adhesions hurt. All that exercising is paying off. Yay!

LauraK.....woohoo!!!

Jodi......Happy Holiday again. You just have one celebration after another. Cool! What are you cooking now?

Eva.......I love Elton John!

Phyll, I hope your GS recovers quickly. And for you......woohoo on the LB!

Apples, SMILE! Just wanted to remind you!

Sndy..... let us know about the 5K.

Tx......support group is so important.....another key part of weight loss

Lori, did the concrete men come?

Julie, I have seen that show on the travel channel. I wonder what his secret is to keeping weight off?

Cheri.....how's the tummy doing?

Linda.......where are you????? miss ya!!!!!

Again, everyone have a great weekend!

I am watching that Man V food show right now, they are doing a show from Salt Lake City. First up is Crown Burger, that is where DS wanted to go for lunch the day we left and we met DH there. They are famous for their pastrami topped cheeseburgers. No I didn't get one, but DS did, he couldn't even finish it.

Arlene, yep the concrete guys came but an hour late. GRRRR I got up extra early so I'd be up, dressed and showered when they showed up, was so afraid of them coming when I was in the shower or something and then I sat and waited but at least it's done.

Took Lucy and Hunter for a walk this afternoon. Went up to the pond but it was all fenced and closed off for the winter. So we walked the trail near it along the irrigation canal. Lucy just can't stay out of Water if it's there. Then jumped on me when I called her all excited so needless to say my new jeans and tshirt are all muddy. Got a workout in though. I didn't go to the gym since I was waiting for concrete guys and then had to keep the door open.

Sandy, good luck on your run tomorrow!

Arelene, hope your table wins.

OH guess what is playing on one of the radio stations here? CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! 24/7 I LOVE IT. Yeah I know lots of folks hate it but I love Christmas music and was shocked to hear it so early. I admit it is a little early but I'll take it! Wish they would maybe wait a week and then play it longer. usually midnight it's done and I consider it the holiday season until New years and wouldn't mind still hearing some.

Speaking of holidays, DH & I decided today we would go to Denver for Thanksgiving. we are actually considering driving if the weather is good. Flights are so packed and for us to go standby might not be a good idea.

Wow Lori that would be a change for you two. lol So wonderful that you will be spending the holiday with your family though.

Arlene, good luck with your table decoration.

Apples, you feeling better today?

Jodi, happy holiday (s)

Chris, good job, keep your self busy and you'll do fine.

Phyl, good job on losing, I don't think anyone would call you a "little old lady" to spunky for that.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LauraK

Oh, I don't think it is a contest. I just wanted it to look good. Our guest speaker is an interior decorator. She is going to show how to how to Christmas decorate "cheap and easy". Cheesy???? lol Should be interesting.

Done with Parent/Teacher conferences. Yay! Now to start all over again on Monday. Gas is still there but subsiding. Have stayed away from all Protein drinks and bars and am using the Kefir instead. Had some rotisserie chicken with Basil pesto and some deli chili Soup. Very small meals. Much tastier than canned Soup.

I'm really liking the rotisserie chicken with various Condiments. Cutting it up and freezing it in baggies and then throwing a condiment of the day on it and taking it to work is working well. The chicken is really tender and the condiments keep it from sticking. The hummus was really good with it too. I don't eat crackers because they're just like eating sugar plus they can make me pb, but hummus and pesto are actually good for you. Maybe I'll buy my favorite guacamole (Wholly Guacamole Extra Spicy) and put it in with all the baggies of chicken next time and freeze the guac with the chicken and use up all the guac so it doesn't turn brown and go bad.

Cheri

Wow Lori that would be a change for you two. lol So wonderful that you will be spending the holiday with your family though.

Arlene, good luck with your table decoration.

Apples, you feeling better today?

Jodi, happy holiday (s)

Chris, good job, keep your self busy and you'll do fine.

Phyl, good job on losing, I don't think anyone would call you a "little old lady" to spunky for that.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LauraK

Yes, LauraK, I had a better day today. I should be able to try some solids tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Good Evening Gang

Sandy- Kick butt on your run tomorrow ;0)

Eva - Ya my sis called last night to say thank you for coming to see her - missed the call but got the message ;0)...

Hell, you are so busy now - where did you find time to work before.. :0)

Have fun at your FNSC - your empenada (sp) sound good - I'm hungry ;0) Burnt my meat so had to defrost some more - Having tacos - well really only one that's usually all I can eat and I ate a pear when I got home from the gym and not particularity hungry right now.

I leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving 11/27 - 12/4

Great - I would pay the $$ at Graceland - Elvis was making those movies back in the 60 when I was a kid and I love Suspicion minds - Kentucky Rain - In the Getto - the stuff he did in the 70's - I know where I was when I got the news he die... I was working for Cal Petro..

How cool that you are completeing your 50 states :0) - now you get to start over ;0)

WTG on getting back to the gym - Yep my trainer and I were talking about routines tonite - right now our training days have changed to Wed & Friday - next week Thrus & Friday - I don't like changing either - Lucky my classes haven't changed times - just names & the work out - Cuz I love my boot camp and pilos..

Charlene - WTG on your shaper - yep working out does help stuff.. I feel nake now a days w/o a shaper on - I don't care if it's 110 - I still wear them - beauty before comfort as my Mom use to say - well I can't say that's always true - but most of the time it is ;0)

Good luck on your Christmas thingie tomorrow - We want pictures..

Phyl the air show is at the Thermal Airport 9-3 tomorrow (sat) - I haven't heard from candy so don't know if I'm going or not - sorta don't want to - need to put away summer stuff (well gotta keep stuff out that I'm taking on vacation) but need to get originized..

Sure glad GS surgery went well - can't believe he was out and about that soon after wards.

Hugs on the memorial service tomorrow..

Jodi - Have a good Sabbath- I would give the fill a little time to adjust as long as you can drink Water - when I was so tight the one time - I couldn't even drink a cup of coffee in the morning..

Apples glad the mouth is a little better - hope your chilli hit the spot - Pot Pies - OMG I love them - don't eat them once I knew the calories in them ;0) but you are lucky you can..

Laurak Glad the 2nd date went well - can't wait to hear about the next one w/this guy ;0)

Chris - Glad you are doing so much better - Is Debbie banded yet or is she going to be - or was she getting bypass - you have to forgive me - I'm and old broad - my memory isn't what it use to be ;0)

Well time to go eat.. cbl

Hugs everyone I miss - Love to you ALL..

Chris - Glad you are doing so much better - Is Debbie banded yet or is she going to be - or was she getting bypass - you have to forgive me - I'm and old broad - my memory isn't what it use to be ;0)

Janet. Debbie was banded nov 20 last year. She has finally broken 40 lbs lost. She has done pretty well I think.

Night all

chris

Melissa, you can't be the victim when it comes to your eating and your health. DH needs to respect you by not tempting you with the stuff too. He doesn't have to 'go on a diet because you are on one' (I know it's not a diet but that's a quote I see a lot not from you though) but he can be considerate and not do it in front of you or leave the stuff where you can get it. There's got to be a comfortable middle ground. Perhaps you can meet each other there?

Thanks for understanding maybe he did not think this was a life long process. i am not sure we will have to tal about it more

Melissa, have you started journaling? I need to do that too. I'm just starting the regular walking then I'm going to add one good habit a week until I have this stuff down like clockwork. People are going to be people and although Cheri's suggestion to throw the stuff in the garbage in front of them would probably get the message across, I don't think I could do that either....I'd have to wait until they weren't watching. Then throw the stuff out. I'm getting so much better at that.

Eva

It is funny I have my journal but have not written in it yet. Not so much funny as nothing is going on at work to really write about

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

To All So I found out yesterday my health insurance is not a group plan say like Atena it is a reinbursment plan. Meaning I pay for everything up front then I can some money back. Well that won't work. So right now we pay $1300 a month in Cobra. Now I have to find another job even though it was getting better. Uggh my fault I should have asked more questions

Hi everyone! I made through my fist few days back on the wagon! Going to Zumba for first time this am!

Woohoo...way to go, HeidiB! Keep it going...hope you enjoy your Zumba class. :eek:

Good Morning....this is a work weekend for us. Trying to get all the field work done b/4 the ground freezes. DH should be done spreading fert by Tuesday and DS and others are working on some big projects they would love to finish b/4 the big freeze.

Deer hunting started in our area this morning. I always worry a bit more with my guys in the field during hunting season. Me and the dog are playing it safe and doing inside projects today unless I am called to run out to the field.

Mouth is better this morning and was actuallly able to eat a soft PB Protein Bar this morning after cutting into little peices. So it's starting to come around.

Cold but beautiful morning. Definately frost on the pumpkin but supposed to get to the low 60's today. Unheard of this time of year but we'll take it and enjoy. I think I will grab a book, open the doors on the sunporch and enjoy the afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day. Not sure about Great. She will be rushing here and there to get the last of her states under her belt. Have a nice trip, Lori!

Good Morning Gang...

I slept in ;0) !!!! 7:30 !!!! GF called (woke me up actually or I would still be a sleep ;0) to see if I wanted to go to air show - but I realized I was butting into her & her grandson's time - so I begged off ;0) - I'm a little dense sometimes ;0)

Chris - Well now that you are banded - both eating the same way - both supporting each other I think you both will do well!!

Apples - Just heard the weather - 85 today ;0) but finally suppose to cool off to 78-80 next week - some winter weather for me... Nights have been cool - I have been sleeping with only the fan and open slider..

Glad to hear your mouth is a little better - I would be eating Soup Soup soup cuz I can't live without eating - I would be to crouchy too;0)

Melissa - Hugs on your health insurance issue.. I know how important it is to have good health insurance.. Hope it works out soon..

So I will be in and out today - junking up the thread - I want to change out closet - need some food - want to read and have tons of t.v. to catch up on - lets see what I actually accomplish

Janet...sounds like you got your wish...you can now stay home and hang out and do what you want.

Not to worry...I have been getting my cals in. More calories in mushies and liquids than in chewable foods. I only feel satisfied when I can CHEW my food. Just made a nice egg salad to have for lunch and have shrimp scampi planned for dinner.

I detest hunting....I know there is a reason for it...but I detest it. DH is working in the field across the road from our house. Saw a bunch of his friends stop by the tractor and then head to our grove (group of trees that surrounds our farmsite). Within a few seconds there were a bunch of gunshots and there they come dragging a poor dear. Makes me sick.

Just a quick one to thank everyone for the good wishes and juju. IT WORKED! My goal for the 5K was anything under 45 minutes as my last two runs were at 45.5 minutes. I finished in 44 minutes and 37 seconds (by my watch). The official results will be out later. Yay!! Happy dance10_1_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxpt147YYUS