Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Sandy, good luck on your run!! Wow, you should really be proud of yourself. Can't tell you have braces by your pictures. I bet you can't wait to get those off. Don't forget to drink Water during your run and take care of yourself.

Apples, I bet it is hard to get good help. The work you do (DH & DS too) is physically very hard and not everyone wants to work that hard. My mom did a lot of physical labor to earn money because she had little education. I didn't not want to follow that path and I suspect it's hard to find people that do. Poor mouth, the chili might be a little too spicy for it...but should be soft enough.

Julie, so you are just now starting to use a dough hook? I guess I never make those big batches so I can usually use the dough hook. Sorry you are not feeling well.

Janet, glad your sister agreed about Water under the bridge....no point in holding on to resentments now. So is your trip before T-day or after?

Lori, sounds like you are going to have a fun time in Memphis. My sister and I are going to go to Paducah, KY on our way to OH...it's not very far from Memphis. Depending on time, we might stop there so I can get another state in.

I have been very busy with retirement. I do little things everyday and don't get huge things accomplished, but do get many small things done. We have FNSC tonight and I'm making empanadas. They are savory meat or veggie filled pie dough pockets. We ate them frequently in Argentina, so I wanted to try my hand at them. We also had wonderful tomatoes, but I doubt I'll find any of those here. I'm going to go to Whole Foods and see what I can find. The vegetarian version will be made with portabello mushrooms and boiled eggs.

My "job" is getting easier. Actually, I don't have anything to do right now because my friend needs to supply some information before I can finish up the packages. He won't be back until maybe Sunday. So no work for me right now which suits me just fine.

I connected with my stamping ladies and am getting inspired to do cards again. I'm going with them to Phoenix tomorrow to a stamping convention. DH lent me some money so I can buy stuff. He's a good DH. We are going to Elton John tomorrow night. It was a last minute decision and we got nose bleed seats, but I've never seen him in concert so I'm looking forward to it.

I got most of the house cleaned, just need to do the kitchen floor this afternoon. I haven't tackled my bedroom/office/stamping room. It needs it badly, but is so filled with stuff, that it's going to take a week to clean it. If I'm going to go to all that trouble, I think I want to paint also. So this may wait until after Thanksgiving or I'll do a quick cleaning and paint after Christmas.

I have to go walk this morning and pick up doggie dodo and finish the laundry so I better get started. I'll try and be better and check in periodically during the day. It's much easier to keep up that way.

Later

Eva

Eva...sounds like the stress of the new job is easing and that you a fitting into the routine of being an easy-going housewifey. Good to hear.

Elton John....he's on our list of must sees. DH and I have not had the opportunity. He was at Target Center in MPLS some months ago and it didn't work for us at that time. He's on our Bucket List. Have fun.

I LOVE portabello muchrooms. I usually do kind of a stuffed version with shrimp, brei, veggies. Let us know how your dinner turns out. I love anything crammed in a crust. I made turkey pot pie last night that was wonderful. Couln't chew the turkey but the rest in gravy was great.

I have a huge stamping collection. I used to make all my own cards and spend hours doing so. I find it so relaxing and rewarding. I need to get back into that again. I use chalks to highlight them when I make my cards.

Believe me....I don't do too much physical labor anymore...not like I used to. Developing a number of nasty hernias and having to go thru the pain of having over a dozen of them repaired taught me to delegate the hefty work. I just don't lift as much but I do stay active running around here after the guys.

And, you are correct, it's tough to find ppl that want to hold a shovel or do any physical labor. We find our best help in the farmers that are done with all their work this time of the year. Think we have it all covered now and did not have to pay for another week of ads on the radio or newpapers. DS is really good about thinking ahead and having a list of maybes on his phone that he can check out when he gets in a pickle like he did yesterday with that kid just not showing. He told me this morning that it's a good thing he didn't come back. He said the kid wouldn't have moved even if he lit a firecracker in his A$$.

Julie...hope you got some sleep. There is something to be said about a good night sleep. I'm the BEST at seeing to getting a good night of sleep. Yesterday, with not sleeping the night b/4, showed me just what that can do to a person. And, best you get checked out by your GP if you are not feeling right. You could be lacking and maybe your blood tests with show.

I got all my reports back from my annual physical and mammo. All good. Now just have the roto-router on the 16th. The prep is worse than the procedure. Clear Liquids the day b/4 and clear liquids 24 hours after is my doc's rules. I don't like my food being taken away from me for any length of time.

I have something to admit to all of you. I am an addict. Yes, it's true....I am addicted to black Holiday grapes. The withdrawl symptoms are terrible. I had the same addiction last year when they were in season. Can't get enough of them and I am hoping that by tomorrow I can chew them again. I had this same addiction with blackberries and strawberries when they were in full season. But, that all came to a halt when I saw the price tag of $3.99 for strawberries and over $5 for blackberries.

Janet...heard on the news a bit ago that they found one of the Bachlorette contestants dead in the desert close to where you and Phyll are. I have never watched the show and have no clue who this guy is (Julien Hug) but just had to mention it. That's just me being newsy or nosey or whatever you would call it.

OK...back to work.

Julie – I live in Illinois in suburban Chicago. Grant Park is our big park downtown. Good idea to get checked out if you’re not feeling well. I am sure your friend will appreciate dinner with you.

Cheri – That would be awesome to meet your family. It is a small world sometimes. It’s going to be cold tomorrow. It will be in the 30s when we start and the 40s when we finish. Glad you are feeling better.

Charlene – Having your toes done can be addictive. I think you are hooked. Thanks for the juju. I am ready!

LauraK – Enjoy the dates!

Eva – I can’t wait to get the braces off. They come off sometime this spring. I wore braces as a kid. Unfortunately my teeth shifted a couple of years ago which resulted in TMJ. My dentist said the only way to fix the TMJ was to realign the teeth. It worked! No more pain, but the realignment continues until they are perfect. This time the orthodontist will cement a permanent retainer on the inside of my teeth.so I don’t have to go through this again. I would not have gotten them for cosmetic reasons as they did not look bad but the pain got to be too much. As a consolation prize to myself, I will have my teeth professionally whitened when I get the braces off.

You make retirement sound so inviting. I can’t wait to join you.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Apples, glad DS got the job done without the ads.

Sandi, so when I go to Chicago again, I guess I'll be looking you up along with Cheri. Cool. Last year we flew into Chicago, rented a car and drove to Wisconsin to the big air show they have at Oshkosh. We spent like two hours in Chicago at the art museum and then left. I'd like to spend a little more time there. Future trips, always fun to anticipate.

Doggie stuff done, raked up my little garden and protected my 5" patch of grass so the tortoise won't kill it before it gets started. Now I'm going for a walk...just as soon as the MP3 player is done loading. Need my stories to walk.

Later ladies.

Eva

Sandy....thanks for sharing your braces story. Professional whitening is the way to go. My friend had it done last year and OMG what a difference. My dentist has a guarantee that my new porcelin (sp) caps (all 26 of them) will never stain or need to be whitened. I have always taken good care of my teeth but I must have had too much of something either in the womb or as a child cuz they were very, very brown from the time I was in my late teens. Each tooth needed to be replaced due to being soft but having good bone structure so worth saving (inheirted weakness). I am just having a heck of a time learning that it's OK to smile with an open mouth. After what I had to put into them (no dental insurance), I'd better get busy and smile!

Great...have a wondrful trip. What a milestone having been in all 50 states.

Well, I did not get a fill because I was slimming over my egg white pancake. I have been so hungry all day. I will give it one more week and see what happens. I want a fill before Thanksgiving.

What? Did I just write that? Boy, my mindset is changing. Goodnight peeps!

LOL! Yes... our way of thinking does change, doesn't it!!

Good Morning Gang..

Cheri - You rarely post in the a.m. ;0) hope the tummy issues quit ;0)

Charlene - Yep I'm home this weekend ;0)... I'm home till I go on vacation - don't have any plans - May go to air show tomorrow morning..

Apples hope you got some sleep and food ;0) we can't have you being grouchy..

Well not much to report since last night - it's Friday - always a good day for us who work ;0)....

Where's the air show??? Not that we have any time to go!

Will have a few hours in the morning for shopping before Max's memorial service. Sunday, we're going up to our friends' in Anza for their daughter's birthday party... 30th, I think.

Hi all, Yes I had a lunch date last Sunday, he was ok. I don't think that one will go any where. But... I went on one last night. We had a blast, had dinner then went to another place for a drink because we weren't done talking. So dinner and drink lasted over 4 hours. We have plans to meet again. Can't wait. Really nice. yahoo

I'll keep you informed. LauraK

That sounds like a good beginning! Yes... keep us posted!

I am around, even posted yesterday about my upcoming jaunt to Memphis. I got it all booked yesterday, we leave Sunday morning. My plan is also to take a drive to Alabama, Arkansas and our hotel is actually in Mississippi, that will complete my Quest to get to all 50 states. I'm excited. We planned on going to Graceland as well but not sure I want to pay $35 each to do so, plus parking.

That sounds like such a fun trip! That is kind of pricey, but it's something you only do once. I'd probably grin and bear it. But then I DID grow up during the Elvis phase! I think I was about 12-13 when he began his rise to fame!

5_5_137.gif

I was down 1 lb at TOPS weigh in yesterday. Nothing to write home about, but at least I was down. And it was somewhat of an accomplishment since I couldn't exercise last week. Can't yet update my ticker, though. Almost! But, last time it was updated was last time I managed to slide under 200, which I hope to do again next week. It's tough to realize that's exactly where I was a year ago. Depressing!

Sorry gang.... I know I'm ignoring a lot of your posts. Don't mean to. I've been keeping up with them, but feeling kind of down and just not wanting to post.

Grandson's surgery went well yesterday. They put in a plate and 6 screws to hold his shoulder together! He's tough! DIL hosted dinner for the whole football team at their community center on base at 5 pm and Justin went for an hour!!!

Phyll...congrats on the weightloss and sorry to hear you are down in the dumps. Maybe your planned activities this weekend will bring you back around.

Sounds like your DGS had quite the surgery. Ouch! He's young and hopefully will be able to play again if that's what he is thinking.

I can certainly picture you at Graceland, Phyll. They'd be talking about you for months. "Did you see the little lady on the scooter with the flashing guitar shaped eye apparel"??????

Apples, glad DS got the job done without the ads.

Sandi, so when I go to Chicago again, I guess I'll be looking you up along with Cheri. Cool. Last year we flew into Chicago, rented a car and drove to Wisconsin to the big air show they have at Oshkosh. We spent like two hours in Chicago at the art museum and then left. I'd like to spend a little more time there. Future trips, always fun to anticipate.

Doggie stuff done, raked up my little garden and protected my 5" patch of grass so the tortoise won't kill it before it gets started. Now I'm going for a walk...just as soon as the MP3 player is done loading. Need my stories to walk.

Later ladies.

Eva

I would love to meet you!

Sandy....thanks for sharing your braces story. Professional whitening is the way to go. My friend had it done last year and OMG what a difference. My dentist has a guarantee that my new porcelin (sp) caps (all 26 of them) will never stain or need to be whitened. I have always taken good care of my teeth but I must have had too much of something either in the womb or as a child cuz they were very, very brown from the time I was in my late teens. Each tooth needed to be replaced due to being soft but having good bone structure so worth saving (inheirted weakness). I am just having a heck of a time learning that it's OK to smile with an open mouth. After what I had to put into them (no dental insurance), I'd better get busy and smile!

Great...have a wondrful trip. What a milestone having been in all 50 states.

If I ever get to meet everyone you will know Apples and I by our gleeming bright smiles.LOL:w00t:

Feel better Apples.

Laura, good to hear from you again. You are doing well. Beating yourself up never helps you lose weight.

All newbies joining in--welcome. Keep coming back.

Worked today. Had major gas problems but otherwise OK. There was no place safe today to go fart. The smell traveled or people walked right through what was an empty spot--including the principal. Struggled to keep a straight face as people reacted and not give away the source. People asked if Phillip was around, a student with a known intestinal issue. Went home early and howled in my car most of the way home with laughter tears washing away all my mascara. Funny. Farts are always funny. Stopped at a health food store and picked up some SF Kefir. Took it home and added some splenda. Hopefully, it'll regulate my intestines.

Also picked up some Biotin. Can help with Sjogren's dry eye and mouth syndrome as well as nails, hair, and scalp.

Well, wanna run to Kohl's for a pants exchange before church choir tonight.

Cheri

Cheri....you have me rolling on the floor!!! Im so sorry you arent feeling well....but at least you can laugh about it!!

Feel better soon!!!

Hi all,

Yes I had a lunch date last Sunday, he was ok. I don't think that one will go any where. But...

I went on one last night. We had a blast, had dinner then went to another place for a drink because we weren't done talking. So dinner and drink lasted over 4 hours. We have plans to meet again. Can't wait. Really nice. yahoo

I'll keep you informed.

LauraK

You go girl!!! This sounds promising!!! So happy happy!! Doing the happy dance for you! Cant wait to heat about the next date!! Good luck.

Apples...sorry that this visit wasnt so great...but....you have great teeth now!

Glad all the tests came back with good results.....

Well....guys its olmost shabbos so need to run but wanted to see how everyones been and wish you a good weekend...olmost wished you all a good shabbos.lol....well I guess I can do that too.

Have a good shabbos all.....lol

Today went to my first weight class....that was great. Hurting like a b---now but it was great!!! So this week went to "spin, Step and Weights!! Yea.

food well....cant be bad only had shakes and mushy....starting to feel much better!!! Glad I didnt get that unfil...will see how this weekend goes...but am def less tight.

but not chancing anything

Have a good night all......

Howdy all. Just stoping in for a few min. How is everyone? All is going well here. Shoulder is doing ok. Still pretty tender but manageable. Debbie and I went to one of our support group meetings Wednesday night. We go to hers on the first wed and mine on the second Monday. I go back to both drs on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what shoulder dock has to say. I think I am looking at 6-8 weeks before I can go back to work full time. I am going to go stir crazy by then, but at least this way I will get to see my parents for the holidays. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Chris

Phyll...congrats on the weightloss and sorry to hear you are down in the dumps. Maybe your planned activities this weekend will bring you back around.

Sounds like your DGS had quite the surgery. Ouch! He's young and hopefully will be able to play again if that's what he is thinking.

I can certainly picture you at Graceland, Phyll. They'd be talking about you for months. "Did you see the little lady on the scooter with the flashing guitar shaped eye apparel"??????

DGS is tough and pretty determined that he'll be fit and ready to play by the time spring Lacrosse starts! That's his next favorite sport. In fact, after talking to our son about it, I think DGS is hoping to play Lacrosse in college and not football, so I was wrong about that. Still can't believe his surgery was at 11:30 a.m., came out of recovery a little before 2pm and went to his football team end of season dinner at 5 pm. Granted it was just around the corner from the house, but.... gimmee a break!!!

Graceland.... You were going to say "little OLD lady", weren't you!! LOL!!

Howdy all. Just stoping in for a few min. How is everyone? All is going well here. Shoulder is doing ok. Still pretty tender but manageable. Debbie and I went to one of our support group meetings Wednesday night. We go to hers on the first wed and mine on the second Monday. I go back to both drs on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what shoulder dock has to say. I think I am looking at 6-8 weeks before I can go back to work full time. I am going to go stir crazy by then, but at least this way I will get to see my parents for the holidays. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Chris

Chris...you sound sooooo much better than last week at this time. Hope you get a good report from both docs. Get busy and think of things you can do to keep you busy during this time off of work. You don't want to be too bored and turn to food. Take up walking, go the library and get some books or audio books to listen to while you walk like Eva does, order a lap band book that you can delve into. Anything to keep busy.

Interesting that you are going to both support groups. Hope you can both get a lot out of them and form friendships with other Lb'ers. Take care.

DGS is tough and pretty determined that he'll be fit and ready to play by the time spring Lacrosse starts! That's his next favorite sport. In fact, after talking to our son about it, I think DGS is hoping to play Lacrosse in college and not football, so I was wrong about that. Still can't believe his surgery was at 11:30 a.m., came out of recovery a little before 2pm and went to his football team end of season dinner at 5 pm. Granted it was just around the corner from the house, but.... gimmee a break!!!

Graceland.... You were going to say "little OLD lady", weren't you!! LOL!!

No, no, no...I wouldn't have said that. You have more spunk than most. And, I'd be afeared of what the reprocussion (sp?) would be if I called you a little old lady!

Well, you DGS must be spring-loaded for bouncing back that fast. Just so he takes care of that break so it fully heals.

Jodi...gosh, I sure hope that doing the mushies and shakes will do it for. Maybe you were just irritated. Hope that's all it was and you will sail right into being back to normal.

Good going on getting to the gym. And Happy Shabbos back at ya!