Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi girls

Took a break and saw Eat, Pray and Love yesterday. Found it a little long and was not as impressed as the hype led me to believe.

Julia Roberts was marvelous, as were the male actors.

Happy weekends to all.

Joyce

I read the book and it was very good. i hope the movie does the book justice. So times Movies tend to change the book for better ratings.

Good evening. Busy day, started out by going downtown to a Farmers Market. DH bought some Water plants for the pond. Then to the mall, got some new jeans at the Loft, then some other bumming and home. DH then installed a water softner for us and am waiting for it to cycle through and hopefully my water will be much improved. Next he is installing a new toilet in my bathroom. I like the taller height ones with my knees and have been trying to make due with the one the house came with but really missed the extra height. That's my exciting day.

Linda, OMG you are so thin! Pics were so cute. Your poor doggy.

Melissa, I am trying to talk DH into seeing that movie. He says I should wait til DD visits. LOL

Hi friends.

what a beautiful day celebrating my mom's birthday! Life is good. I am so blessed and so thankful for my family and my life. I just soaked in the time with everyone. I enjoyed cooking the meal for everyone, setting the table and having everything just right (like my mom likes). The joy in her face was worth every bit of it! Dad was feeling a bit better (though I think he faked some of it for her day). I hope DH and I have the love like they do after 55 years! I missed DH like crazy today- had he been here would have been PERFECT. Will share some photos. Promise to catch up on Monday when I get home and can sit down for a few minutes. peasout.. Laura

So many photos... so hard to upload on here. : ) I have more on FB. Can't even sleep- so wide awake. Worked hard and should be sleeping I guess. Tomorrow is last full day here- then leave early Monday. Mom and sis are going to church and Nels and I will hang out with grandpa. Hope everyone is well.

Linda~ hugs. saw your photo of your puppy. Hope it is ok, yeah- looks bad. Loved photo of gd. soooooo cute!

peasout guys..laura

Phyl, I am liking my Droid X but there's still a lot I don't know. I dind't know it was possible to sync a Droid to Itunes, if you figure it out let me know!

There's an app called doubletwist that is supposed to allow you to sync with iTunes. Still haven't figured it out. Downloaded a bunch of stuff tonight including some games.

We took our Merry to the Vet this a.m. for the second opinion. Unfortunately, the tumor isn't "Just" a fatty tumor -- it's a tumor that has been benign both times it's been removed but it is the type of tumor that can matastisize (sp?) and be cancerous. So now the first step is to make sure it has not matastisized and if not, then we'll definitely amputate the leg. If it has matastisized we will do the right thing although it will be very hard. We have hope that it hasn't matastisized because in the past it has been benign and because she has absolutely no other problems/symptoms of anything wrong -- she's eating, drinking, playing, running, doing normal things so she doesn't appear to have any pain or discomfort or shortness of breath or anything. So we have good hope.

I'll attach a couple of pics of GD and me from last weekend in our matching aprons -- and one of Merry's leg -- it's gross, but wanted to show you guys what it looks like.

Gotta run, will CBL.

Love to all -- have a good weekend. Linda

Adorable photos of you and your GD!! Love it!

Sorry about your dog. Hope everything turns out okay! Hugs!

Hi friends.

what a beautiful day celebrating my mom's birthday! Life is good. I am so blessed and so thankful for my family and my life. I just soaked in the time with everyone. I enjoyed cooking the meal for everyone, setting the table and having everything just right (like my mom likes). The joy in her face was worth every bit of it! Dad was feeling a bit better (though I think he faked some of it for her day). I hope DH and I have the love like they do after 55 years! I missed DH like crazy today- had he been here would have been PERFECT. Will share some photos. Promise to catch up on Monday when I get home and can sit down for a few minutes. peasout.. Laura

Great pics, as always. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. Hope your Dad gets a good report.

So many photos... ..laura

Laura - love the photos what did your mom say about the cake? I thought Nels picking it out was so cute.

Linda - i hope your puppy is going to be okay.

Evening ladies, not so much to catch up on this time.....

Well, my doc appt turned out better than I was expecting... I was tactful, but truthful and told him that I figured he had been offended when I asked him about going to mayo and he said, "good luck, it'll take 9 months>" He said he wasn't offended at all but that his experience when he has referred people is that it takes forever... He was shocked when I told him I had an appointment for 9-9....... I told him about my GP dumping me and he was concerned enough to ask if I had found a replacement. When I asked if he wanted to continue as my pain mangement doctor, he said yes and to see him after I get back from Mayo.... So I feel better... Everything is out in the open with him and I'm ready to just let the other doctor go.....for right now I'm just going to see a NP here in my town for any meds or medical concerns until after Mayo... So, all in all, it was a productive day.....

I also did a bunch of shopping for the wedding... I bought my Red Velvet cake mixes for the wedding cake... Picked up the invitations, and made it home in time to fill in for DD as she needed to see her GYN about a yeast infection... So I helped out for a while at the daycare.... Nothing strenuous as there was a teenager on duty, too, but there must be an adult on the premisis at all times.... Mimi was happy to see me but wanted me to take her to the pool like I did yesterday...

Well, dear ones... time to get sleepy... so little sleep last night that I'm hoping that the pills will knock me out early and I can sleep...... DD wants to work on invitations tomorrow and DH has to work....

have a great week-ene.....Phyll, safe travels..... Night all........... Julie

Julie

Glad your appt went well- that doc doesn't give you scripts??? Have you asked him about a Tenns (sp) unit - You wear it and it delivers electircal shocks to your muscles - something like that - I have a gf at work who has neck issues she wears it every day all day..

Hey guys~

Just a note... didn't read posts really, sorry. It's late, 1130 and I can't believe I am still up. I feel so behind on my LBT, FB, emails, tv shows, news, etc. It makes me feel out of sorts (although sometimes life just gets in the way of those things, right?) I miss my DH something awful. I had to fight back tears tonight talking to him. (didn't want to cry with Nels nearby. Don't get me wrong- I think it's great to let kids see/feel their feelings and we do, but it's been SOOOOOOOOOOOO stressful here and he was in a really happy place, so didn't want to be a debbie downer before bed).

Update: Mom is 99% better!!! The epidural worked it seems! She has no more shooting/sharp nerve type pain. All the pain she has is "soreness" from walking crooked and compensating for so long. She is doing good. She still has her moments of tearful times. I think she has situational depression. She took herself off her Paxil which she had been on since Dad's diagnosis. She has gained weight and thinks it's to blame. They tried her on Elavil (to help sleep) but the side effects were too great and she stopped. She wants to tough it out. Which, with her go get em personality, might be ok. She is MUCH better now that she is off pain meds and xanax. The combo has her loopy and tearful most nights (and never helped pain, just made her drunk). She is smiling now, but worried about my dad.

Dad went to GI guy and waiting for C dificil lab test (stool infection test). He is constantly burping and feels full after a few bites (he doesn't have a band..lol), and has intermittent uncontrollable diarrhea. He won't eat much or drink for that matter. Yesterday he had 700 cal. He needs more than that to heal and rebuild muscle. I was able to get a bit more in him today. I told him to have small frequent Snacks. One hour i brought him 1/2 glass of milk with 2 saltines with pimento cheese. He was happy. Did little stuff like that. I am worried that besides the infection he has gastoperesis, which if it is is very difficult to treat. Dad just doesn't feel good. He is working with OT and PT and is getting stronger, tremors are almost gone but the neuropathy is so bad. (i can't remember what I wrote in last post, sorry if i am repeating). I worry that if the next scan is bad he will just give up. I doubt the drs would do anymore chemo. I am hoping it's ok. Just praying actually.

Tomorrow we are having a birthday party for my mom. (it's really the 17th). I planned it, invited everyone, did all the shopping for the meal, ordered the cake, cleaned the house, will cook the meal). My sister has to pick up our Turkish guest who stayed in Charlotte for a few nights to see friends and shop (he will have lunch and then leaves for home afternoon). Everyone is here except my DH and my POS niece who moved to Seattle after Christmas. (My sis only child- who was practically raised by my Dad. He paid for all her college, cars, etc. and she pays him back by running off to Seattle with a guy she met on the internet and has not called, texted, emailed or written my dad ONCE since she left). Completely inexcusable in my book. I have refused to talk to her now. Not that she has made any attempts to call me either. I unfriended her on FB recently. A selfish girl with possible borderline personality who uses her self diagnosed ADHD as an excuse to get out of EVERYTHING.

Sorry i got off on a tangent. Oh, the cutest thing when we were getting the cake... Nels was with me. I was talking to the bakery lady. Nels looked through the book and said, "i found her cake!!" He picked one from the movie "Despicable me" b/c it has an airplane on it. The baker asked what it should say and he said "DUH, Happy Birthday Grandma!" !!! It's really cute and I think will make her smile. I wanted to bake one, but just don't have time.

I didn't read posts but glanced at the last two and saw that Eva lost a friend. OMW... HUGS. I promise to write more to you about this later. Can't even imagine.

Any news on Apples?

Julie, how'd your PM dr appt go?

Love you all.. more soon! Going home on Monday. The pilot has some training on Sunday... and I didn't want to miss the party.

peasout....Laura

took this today as we were walking out the door to the store.

Laura - Yep you are lucky and I bet you 1 mil dollars you and dh will be happy 100 yrs from now - Great Pics

Sorry about niece - how old is she - I know that I was disappointed by DS the last Easter that my Parents were alive - he chose to go to mtn w/friends instead of going to family get together - but sometime we can't control things and they have to live w/their decisions - my ds was 20 at the time - they don't think about anyone but themselves at the time - and also maybe she can't deal w/your Dad's illness.. It's hard for some - yes no excuse - bootstraps and all but some pple just can't deal especially when they are young..

Thanks Cheri! That frizz stuff is really helping to keep my hair in place and also shiny. Maybe with Janet's help you can find the right body shaper.

Julie......I am so glad you had a good visit with the pain doc. Your family dr .....forget her. Personally, I like the PA at the doctor's office better than my doctor. She listens. My new great niece was two months old that day. I used that pic because she covered my budda belly. lol

Laura....such good news....the shots worked. Yep, those pills can really cause weight gain. I attribute xanax to my hunger for so many years. I didn't realize it till I was put on Lexapro. I fear taking xanax now because I will eat everything , but the kitchen sink. So cute about Nels finding the cake.

Charlene - one night along time a go I took xanax - ended up eating like 3 ice cream bars ;0) - I think they give you I don't care attitude ;0) - Friday I took 2 xanax and slept like a baby and didn't eat ;0)

Hi girls

Laura - You are such a loving daughter. I'm sure your Mom appreciates all you are doing to help her and your Dad. Enjoy the party and kiss Nels - loved his idea for greeting on cake.

Can't believe that niece who moved away and makes no effort to contact your Dad after all his devotion to her life. grrrrrrr......

Arlene - didn't recognize your posts with the new pix. You look darling and so very happy. Can't wait to meet you.

Julie - so good to hear a positive appt with your doctor. Can't believe the pace you keep in spite of your pain.

Have not read past posts. Busy managing my daughters problems. She was released from psychiatric unit after 2 1/2 days. So disappointing that more time was not allotted for withdrawal - or maybe they didn't remove enough meds. grrrr.....

Took a break and saw Eat, Pray and Love yesterday. Found it a little long and was not as impressed as the hype led me to believe.

Julia Roberts was marvelous, as were the male actors.

Happy weekends to all.

Joyce

Joyce - I read that lady's artical in Oprah - movie doesn't appeal to me - but again I'm not a big movie goer - heck I end up falling asleep most times.

Hugs on DD - Drug issues are VERY VERY tough to deal with - both my Bros & DS had issues - and a couple of nieces too - one still has issues - vicodin addicts ruined her marriage..

I know that you know this isn't your fault - I have a gf who's DD does drugs and she think it's all her fault.. I have told her a million times - she's 30 it's her decision - and has nothing to do w/you..

Hugs & Prayers that things work out -

Hi everyone,

I haven't had much time for posting here lately. I find it keeps me more aware and accountable when I keep up with you guys. I will try to do better, should be easier now that I have retired.

September will be one year for me and I must say I am quite pleased with my results. I did start with a lower BMI than most but with the history of diabetes in my family, it is more important than ever that I did take this step for my health. I keep having to remind myself that am I not in a race and there is no finish line,.

I am going to try read some of the back posts, but I wanted to say HEY :)

Hey Dee - Glad to hear from you !!!! Yep it's not a race ;0) the turtle won it :0) as I always say :0) - I think accountablity is very important - hell that's why 3 yrs later I'm still here - plus I have made GREAT friendships that I will have for the rest of my life

Hi everyone, just checking in. Tried earlier today but couldn't get on for some reason.

We took our Merry to the Vet this a.m. for the second opinion. Unfortunately, the tumor isn't "Just" a fatty tumor -- it's a tumor that has been benign both times it's been removed but it is the type of tumor that can matastisize (sp?) and be cancerous. So now the first step is to make sure it has not matastisized and if not, then we'll definitely amputate the leg. If it has matastisized we will do the right thing although it will be very hard. We have hope that it hasn't matastisized because in the past it has been benign and because she has absolutely no other problems/symptoms of anything wrong -- she's eating, drinking, playing, running, doing normal things so she doesn't appear to have any pain or discomfort or shortness of breath or anything. So we have good hope.

DGD will arrive soon and will spend the night so we can get up and leave for the fair early in the am. We are all very excited -- will take pics.

Laura, so happy to hear the epidural helped your mom -- being off the meds will be beneficial to her as well. I know when I was on Lyrica I gained 20 lbs. almost over night -- and my hunger was unbeliveable. I bet she'll drop the weight fairly quickly although in that pic of her she didn't look heavy. She is a very pretty lady -- you look a lot like her too. Nelson is just tooo cute -- love the picture of you guys -- you looked very skinny by the way.

Went to the gym and did 45 on the elleptical, 30 on the treadmill and then weights - I'm sick of the bike. LOL.

Julie, glad your PM doctor was nice to you and is going to be there for you -- screw that GP -- her loss.

Janet, yes, that's a good description of Rachael -- she's as fake as her boobs -- love that. i told my niece (from Ohio) she should try out for that show - she's the dark haired girl in the wedding pics - she's got a great personality and is very athletic and she tells everyone like it is -- no BS.

Joyce, sorry about your DD. I understand what you mean -- they never seem to keep them long enough to really help them. I don't get why -- we had some of that with my SD. Hope she does okay. Thnking of you and sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

I'll attach a couple of pics of GD and me from last weekend in our matching aprons -- and one of Merry's leg -- it's gross, but wanted to show you guys what it looks like.

Eva, thinking of you today too. Hugs.

Gotta run, will CBL.

Love to all -- have a good weekend.

Linda

Linda - Hugs on Merry - this has to be so tough !!! Hugs & Prayers that it all works out..

That would be so cool if your niece did it.. I don't think I could be locked up w/all those pple for 90 days and no privacy!!! Plus I wear my heart on my sleeve - so I don't think I could fake anything for 90 days - I would get kick off the 1st week ;0) cuz if I didn't like you - you would know it..

WTG On the exercise

Love the pics of you and GD love the matching aprons ;0)

Checking in....... It is soooooooo HOT! I walked last night and early this morning. I cut my evening walk short and did not get dizzy so it must be the heat. We are going to try a short walk at sundown.

Joyce.....I am so sorry for your troubles with DD. It must be heartbreaking for you. I am looking forward to seeing you too in Vegas.

Linda, you and DGD are so adorable in your aprons. I'm with Joyce......you are skinny!!! And your pup.....poor baby. I hope the best for Merry.

HEY DEE!.....glad you checked in!

Apples.....thinking of you today......hope you are on the mend.

Great, love, love, love the pond!

Joan, after being on a shake diet for three months my doctor put me on a Mediterranean diet. Lots of salad, veggies, and chicken and fish. Although I have tweaked the plan I am enjoying salad now that I started buying organic baby greens. My doctor is big or buying only organic veggies and hormone free chicken. I go to nutrition classes every week. I am learning to eat right, and my peeps on this thread have supported me all the way. I am grateful and blessed!

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Charlene - I took my car to the shop yesterday to get serviced - did it at 8:30 had to walk home (maybe 1/2 mile) it was warm but not that bad - but Andrew had to go to work at 2 - was hoping that they would call and say car was ready before he left - nope - they called about 10 minutes after he left - had to walk again - but this time it was maybe 106 - wasnt too bad . Can tell you that in the old days - I couldn't have done it ;0)..

Linda, Love the pics of you and your GD. So cute.

Hope for the best for Merry, hugs.

Joyce, I was hoping that was a good movie, to bad on that. Hope your DD is heading in the right direction.

Charlene, I love your hair, your new pic is fantastic.

LauraK

LauraK - How you doing - still walking your frustrations away ;0)

Good evening. Busy day, started out by going downtown to a Farmers Market. DH bought some Water plants for the pond. Then to the mall, got some new jeans at the Loft, then some other bumming and home. DH then installed a water softner for us and am waiting for it to cycle through and hopefully my water will be much improved. Next he is installing a new toilet in my bathroom. I like the taller height ones with my knees and have been trying to make due with the one the house came with but really missed the extra height. That's my exciting day.

Linda, OMG you are so thin! Pics were so cute. Your poor doggy.

Melissa, I am trying to talk DH into seeing that movie. He says I should wait til DD visits. LOL

Great - they put the cheapest toliets in new houses :0) you are tall you need a tall toliet - your are lucky DH is so handy

Did you get some good veggies at the market :)

There's an app called doubletwist that is supposed to allow you to sync with iTunes. Still haven't figured it out. Downloaded a bunch of stuff tonight including some games.

Adorable photos of you and your GD!! Love it!

Sorry about your dog. Hope everything turns out okay! Hugs!

Phyl - See I knew you would figure it out :0)

Laura - love the photos what did your mom say about the cake? I thought Nels picking it out was so cute.

Linda - i hope your puppy is going to be okay.

Melissa Glad you are feeling better...

Well gang I never got on here to post yesterday - was going to started 10 time but never made it..

Stripped bed (mattress pad and all) washed - clothes - cleaning - car service - target - marshalls - dogs - today I am Doing this at 9 this morning - (new class)

BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls.

Heard from a girl yesterday who took the class it kicked her butt....

Then at 10 doing this (regular sunday class)

PiYo is an athletic blend of Yoga and mat method based on Pilates to enhance muscle strength and length. Also designed to improve posture, flexibility, & physical awareness. Exercise progressions are taught to make this workout appropriate for all fitness levels.

Then after this - I gotta go get nails done - new set cuz I took mine off last night - then painted toes (so won't be getting a pedi - love the I can do my own toes now a days ;0) - OPI Wing it - love it - its sorta pinks but on the medium/darker side - w/pearlized - love it - but most likely get new set of nails done I go natural - suppose to be 110 today - maybe a nap - been up since 5..

Well on my 2nd cup off coffee - need to eat so I have energy - most likely a pt shake - cuz I'm not hungry ;0) but need the energy ;0)

CBL

i'm day 3 post op

ohhhhh i'm sore.

still can't take deep breaths have some gas pains but not in my shoulders like most have said. more in my chest. and it seems to just come and go not constant.

how many more days until i can breath again. talking is a bit hard because i have to take a few breaths to finish a sentence

i can't feel my port - is that normal. is it buried under the fat or is it just that i'm so swollen?

Hi everyone, just checking in. Tried earlier today but couldn't get on for some reason.

DGD will arrive soon and will spend the night so we can get up and leave for the fair early in the am. We are all very excited -- will take pics.

Laura, so happy to hear the epidural helped your mom -- being off the meds will be beneficial to her as well. I know when I was on Lyrica I gained 20 lbs. almost over night -- and my hunger was unbeliveable. I bet she'll drop the weight fairly quickly although in that pic of her she didn't look heavy. She is a very pretty lady -- you look a lot like her too. Nelson is just tooo cute -- love the picture of you guys -- you looked very skinny by the way.

Went to the gym and did 45 on the elleptical, 30 on the treadmill and then weights - I'm sick of the bike. LOL.

Julie, glad your PM doctor was nice to you and is going to be there for you -- screw that GP -- her loss.

Janet, yes, that's a good description of Rachael -- she's as fake as her boobs -- love that. i told my niece (from Ohio) she should try out for that show - she's the dark haired girl in the wedding pics - she's got a great personality and is very athletic and she tells everyone like it is -- no BS.

Joyce, sorry about your DD. I understand what you mean -- they never seem to keep them long enough to really help them. I don't get why -- we had some of that with my SD. Hope she does okay. Thnking of you and sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.

Eva, thinking of you today too. Hugs.

Gotta run, will CBL.

Love to all -- have a good weekend.

Linda

You are looking great! Your DGD is beautiful too. So sorry to hear about merry. It is so sad to see our little ones get sick. It is great that she is not showing any symptoms. She is happy.

i'm day 3 post op

ohhhhh i'm sore.

still can't take deep breaths have some gas pains but not in my shoulders like most have said. more in my chest. and it seems to just come and go not constant.

how many more days until i can breath again. talking is a bit hard because i have to take a few breaths to finish a sentence

i can't feel my port - is that normal. is it buried under the fat or is it just that i'm so swollen?

I couldn't feel my port right away either. I had no idea where it was. I get chest pains sometimes if I eat too much. In the begining it doesn't take but just a tad to fill the pouch. The full feeling is different now for me than it was before surgery. I would keep eating because I didn't feel the same fullness cue as before and I would be in pain and PB. You should let your doc know and get his opinion. I have been making youtube videos from preop to now. If you liked to look over them and see how I progressed you can just click on the link at the bottom of my post.

Just checking in for the day. I went and had my hair cut this morning. She cut it before washing it. Never had that done before but it looks great so no complaints.

I have orientation tomorrow for nursing school. I will meet the directors, teachers and fellow students. I will also be getting my schedule. Nervous and excited all at once.

I have exercised 3 times this week and am about to go again. I am gonna do the c25k training again. I'll make sure I do a good warm up so I don't injure myself again.

Linda and Laura, great pics, both of you. You ladies are looking good, and so are kids and family, cakes and aprons.

So sorry about Merry. Hope surgery goes well and prognosis is good.

My daughter's guinea pig died. Her just-turned-3 year old was holding him inside his little sleeping bag. She was cooking and when she came to check and put him back in his cage, he was dead on the floor inside the bag with blood coming out his mouth. She has no idea what happened but she felt so guilty for not supervising (though Josh had handled the pig many times before safely and seemed to have no clue what had happened) that a few days later she adopted what appears to mostly be a male poodle but they think is also a Bijon Frisee(sp).

She wanted that mix because they're not supposed to shed and she and Joshua have asthma and are allergic to dog hair or the saliva on the hair or whatever. The dog had had surgery for a salivary gland cyst. He was a stray but the doc thinks he's about 3. David named him Frankie. Great dog so far. Doesn't yip or bark, comes when called, stays right by whomever. Followed the boys out the door last night and jumped into my car right after them without an invitation. Stood on David's lap to see out the window then came to the front and stood on my husband's lap and arm to see out but didn't bother me since I was driving. Seems very smart.

But he's shedding and my daughter's afraid because Josh's asthma is kicking in but it started before they got the dog and she's hoping its weather related. Dog days of August are notorious for triggering asthma in this part of the country. Hope the dog fares better than the guinea pig. Fortunately, David, who got the pig as a Christmas present, was at my house staying the night.

We held the funeral the next day. David wanted a cross to mark the spot. He doesn't know that somehow his brother was responsible. He keeps asking questions about what happened and we keep saying we don't know. Mom just found him dead. He's not too good at expressing emotion because of his autism, but he fed the pig everyday and spent time petting him and holding him on his lap. His name was Possum Pete. RIP Possum Pete.

A couple of days ago I saw a fawn get hit by a car and thrown across the street. When I got close enough to see what had been hit, the fawn moved and tried to get up. I flagged down a car on a side street and had them call the police. The fawn was trying to get back to the other side of the road into the forest preserve. I stood there crying until an officer came. The officer kind of walked and shoved the fawn back into the forest preserve and helped cars go around it and then shot it once it was back "home". I wish he'd done it right away. It was very hard to watch it struggle.

By the way, some of the stories of things people have said to you in stores about being fat have been horrific. I do comfort myself knowing that what goes around, comes around. It's a natural law that God has somehow worked into his plans for people's lives. I am a firm believer in natural consequences. People either learn from them or they don't. But the shame is always on them.

And we are no longer letting other's thoughts and opinions and assinine behavior drive us into the food. NSV.

Had a great day at the Indiana State Dunes for my granddaughter's birthday yesterday. The humidity cleared out of the air and the sky was very clear. We could just see the Chicago skyline across the lake. Very tiny. The sun got to be intense, but we could cool off in the Water.

Laura, glad your mom and dad are doing better. I hope nothing has happened to your missing neice(?). Going off to see someone she's never met and not communicating back would have me worried. Hope she gets in touch soon and is OK. Who's the tall guy in the pics? or was he the uncle? Just looked different standing up. And the two young ladies?

Beautiful day today, too, but too hot to be outside without a pool or a lake to dive into. I've got Dr.s apptmts and tests sceduled just about every free moment next week (mammogram, bone density, vein Dr., endocrinologist).

Finishing up IM training with 2 students Monday, testing incoming students on Tuesday, in meetings Weds, Thurs., and Fri., and start teaching the following Weds., the 28th. Where'd my summer go? Oh yeah, I didn't have one. LOL.

Sang today both morning church services for my exercise. If it cools down this evening I'll try to walk. Walked an hour Thurs, Fri, and Sat. early morning before the bad heat.

Cheri

what are you guys allowed to have during your clear liquid phase?

my mother is freaking out on me because i added some crystal light or koolaid stuff to Water.< /p>

it's the first time i've done it

i've had chicken Soup broth Jello water apple juice cranberry juice

what have you been told you can have?

I was told crystal lite was great. I chose to drink propel. My doc said that was good. Just stick to sugar free. Watch the juice too. I drink the diet from ocean spray. Not the light. The diet has less carbs. My doc preferrs the low carb. You doc should have given you a list of foods. I was allowed sugar free popsicles also. No fudgesicles though.

How are you feeling? Excited? or Depressed? I was a little of both post op. I didn't see any change after I woke up. LOL. But this really is a journey to change your life. That is the exciting part. I can be who I want to be including healthy. I have learned to like exercise. I have been able to actually RUN. I was so excited the first day I did it I almost cried. I remember twice when my son was young he got into danger and I couldn't get to him because I couldn't run. I was so scared. Now I race him around the tball field. When I checked the mail the other day, I saw a package from my school. Looked like my acceptance letter. I ran from the mailbox to my apartment so I could open it with my hubby. Sure enough it was my acceptance letter. I don't just look better I feel better. I didn't realize how bad I really did feel until I started feeling better. I am so excited for you. For all of us to have the second chance.

Talked to Karen. She's in less pain. Results of MRI tomorrow. She's also traveling 70 miles this week to see a specialist. She got the teeth done too. All without pain meds other than Tylenol. Crazy Dr. got all mixed up and when she asked for non-narcotic pain pill suggestions that weren't NSAIDs got all mixed up and thought she was trying to get narcotics out of him. She'll be back on Tues.

Cheri

Kurby

chicken broth - Home made is best (crystal lite - sf Jello - sf popsicles) - I was only on clear 1 day - I came home from hospital on full liquids (cream Soups - yogurt - puddings - etc)

How long are you on Clear Liquids - Here's the link to the food thread

Food and Nutrition - LAP-BAND