Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Planning for President's Day weekend in Feb.

I need ANOTHER head count since I am a scatter brain. - Count Me in I might bring my Mom or just me not sure she had Bypass 9 years ago but she deals with alot of stuff we do.

I need some input. Do you guys want Thrus, Friday and Sat. to leave on Sunday? - This sounds good for me

Do you want a hotel that is close enough to the airport to get shuttles?What part of Fl are we talking about because I might be able to drive it. If not it does not matter to me if it is near the airport or not.

Does anyone want to share a room to save on expense? - Sure it is cool with me

Do you want suites or a town house - Sometimes renting a house is cheaper really whatever works out to be the cheapest and we get alot and we can get a great deal

What are the dates that we are doing this does anyone know for sure.

Edited by 1day at a time

Planning for President's Day weekend in Feb.

I need ANOTHER head count since I am a scatter brain. - Count Me in I might bring my Mom or just me not sure she had Bypass 9 years ago but she deals with alot of stuff we do.

I need some input. Do you guys want Thrus, Friday and Sat. to leave on Sunday? - This sounds good for me

Do you want a hotel that is close enough to the airport to get shuttles?What part of Fl are we talking about because I might be able to drive it. If not it does not matter to me if it is near the airport or not.

Does anyone want to share a room to save on expense? - Sure it is cool with me

Do you want suites or a town house - Sometimes renting a house is cheaper really whatever works out to be the cheapest and we get alot and we can get a great deal

What are the dates that we are doing this does anyone know for sure.

Thanks for the quick response Melissa. That's cool that you would want to bring your mom. The more the merrier.

I thought we were thinking the Orlando area so it would be easier for everyone without renting cars, etc. I am open for anything. Just want to get this planned and set.

I think we were talking Feb 11, 12, and 13.

All you guys...don't be afraid to say what you want.

Apples~ I made your recipe tonight and put it over egg noodles for andrew and i. I probably should not have had the egg noodles because they made me pb, nevertheless, it was delicious! Thanks! Also, what ever you plan is cool with me. Just let us know. I would like to save on expenses as much as possible though.

Julie~ You are telling the wrong girl to not obsess! LOL I obsess about everything. Oh well, I suppose that there is really nothing that I can do about it.

Ok, well I am going to relax for awhile tonight. I've had kind of an emotional day today, there are two people at work who are really struggling with health issues. It is really tough since we are all so close there.

Night, meredith

Oh good...back to the yoga pants...I have bought lots of Danskin things and love the quality. I have their capris and shirts and shorts. Their pants are too short for me. But they wash up nice and last.

Speaking of Danskin capris...I have four pair that have never been worn, size medium. They have a zipper but also a draw string. I am thinking that would be about a size 8-10. Anyone of you that wants them, I will stick them in the mail and they are yours. Just PM me.

A PM is on it's way to you about the capris. I'm interested, I think I can wear Mediums now. I tried some on today and they fit but I bought large as I wanted loose for my swollen knee after surgery.

I won't be coming to FL my trip to Isreal is on for Feb 28th and just not sure I can work that out so close. But oh how I am going to wish I was there. I do fly free though, hmmmm, I'd have to sneak into Orlando w/o my mom knowing. LOL

Goodness now it sounds like the cold virus is contagious around here. I came home from S Dakota with it, Laura's got it and now Julie. No sneezing on your computer screens! LOL

Julie, my surgery is Dec 16th, I am praying for a sooner date if they get a cancellation but it's looking less and less likely. I am anxious for it to be over, not looking forward to that first week post op again. that was pretty miserable.

Got my Christmas tree tonight. We are going to start putting it up tomorrow night and Sat. DH is home from Atlanta and promises by Sat. afternoon we will have it all Christmasy around here. It sure was cold looking at trees, I went with a real one this year and it's about 5 degrees out. May get to 5 below tonight which is a record low temp. BRRRR

Well, Phyl & Earl just left a little bit ago - We had a great time as usual - I just love hanging w/them - they are so happy and upbeat !!! dinner was great - they enjoyed my catfish, rice and spinach. I wanted them to see what I have eaten for the last 29 months - my fav dinner ;0)

Here's a few pics

Apples - Fudge was great !!! I had one tiny piece and it is very rich - I have bagged it up and put it in the outside fridge - I left a couple pieces for later - I may have to end up throwing the rest away :0) can I freeze it ??

Jewel - We are here for you... Your DH maybe be afraid of you losing weight - there are pple like that - This is your life and you will make the best decision for you - Remember YOU DO DESERVE TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY - THIS IS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR LIFE - Hugs Hugs Hugs..

Julie - be careful girl - I don't know when I will wrap gifts maybe next weekend or may do some tomorrow

I have no great plans for tomorrow - except go to see my trainer Karaoke tomorrow nite - Nails & Xmas Party Saturday..

Apples - President Weekend is fine with me - is Orlando by the beach - I want beach :0)... I think I was thinking about taking off thru - that would give us all day Fri & Sat and I would fly home Sunday - Since I smoke - single room for me and I am an early riser..

Laura - you DS is just the cutest - I just want to hug that little boy - and yes when we look back at pic's it's shocking to see how far we have come..

Here's Pictures of My Desert - 4 wheeling w/Uncle yesterday

Oh good...back to the yoga pants...I have bought lots of Danskin things and love the quality. I have their capris and shirts and shorts. Their pants are too short for me. But they wash up nice and last.

Speaking of Danskin capris...I have four pair that have never been worn, size medium. They have a zipper but also a draw string. I am thinking that would be about a size 8-10. Anyone of you that wants them, I will stick them in the mail and they are yours. Just PM me.

Going to the Target site in a few minutes! Stopped at Janet's Target and tried on 3 prs of Champions... different styles and fabrics. Can wear a L in the cotton/lycra, but XL in fleece and this other fabric. Still like the ones I have, so I'll see what I find online.

Your fudge is GREAT!

But Janet gave me too much to bring home.

I can't resist when something like that is in the house!

I may share some with my neighbor, Max. He LOVES chocolate and he's a skinny old guy.

A PM is on it's way to you about the capris. I'm interested, I think I can wear Mediums now. I tried some on today and they fit but I bought large as I wanted loose for my swollen knee after surgery.

I won't be coming to FL my trip to Israel is on for Feb 28th and just not sure I can work that out so close. But oh how I am going to wish I was there. I do fly free though, hmmmm, I'd have to sneak into Orlando w/o my mom knowing. LOL

Goodness now it sounds like the cold virus is contagious around here. I came home from S Dakota with it, Laura's got it and now Julie. No sneezing on your computer screens! LOL

Julie, my surgery is Dec 16th, I am praying for a sooner date if they get a cancellation but it's looking less and less likely. I am anxious for it to be over, not looking forward to that first week post op again. that was pretty miserable.

Got my Christmas tree tonight. We are going to start putting it up tomorrow night and Sat. DH is home from Atlanta and promises by Sat. afternoon we will have it all Christmasy around here. It sure was cold looking at trees, I went with a real one this year and it's about 5 degrees out. May get to 5 below tonight which is a record low temp. BRRRR

Wish I could meet you all in FL!! I'm going to be in Seattle that weekend.

You never know, Lori.... this being so close to Christmas, and with all the flu going around... I'd think there's a fair chance of a cancellation allowing you to get bumped up. Happened to me in August but I had to turn it down because I was still back in NY after our #7's reunion.

Here's Pictures of My Desert - 4 wheeling w/Uncle yesterday

I love your pictures... because I LOVE the desert!

Guess what's on my Santa list???

Walking sticks to help me walk in the desert.

Been wanting to do that since we got back,

but haven't ventured out except for a little bit behind our neighbors' place. Walking sticks would give me a little more confidence. I'm still a little unsteady on my feet, and balance problems.

Good morning girls,

First off, I want to apologize to everyone for officially handing over the planning of the Florida trip to Apples. With so much going on with my Dad and now that I am sick, I just was feeling so guilty about not planning it. I will still be a consultant. : ) And I am going to plan on going, and the only reason I wouldn't be there is if I need to go to NC. So, add this big ole stuffy head on the count!

Read a few pages of posts and here is what I think I remember. (Nyquil hangover) sorry to anyone that I have not commented on or said hi to.

Meredith: You know, I doubt you have a leak. The one time I asked them to aspirate it all out, just to see, I didn't get the exact amount out either. I was having good restriction too. It doesn't really matter the exact number of cc. What matters is how you feel and how it's working. The band is flexible and bends in some areas. So Fluid can get trapped in a small area, just like a bent hose. It's very rare with the realize bands (and new lapbands) for someone to have punctured the tubing, and they make them so strong, that it is uncommon this soon out to have a leak. I used to be so stuck on this fill total, and it really doesn't matter as long as you have good restriction. hugs though.

Well, I will finish later. I was up nice and early and Nelson had woken up. Now it's an hour later and want to send this as we are walking out the door.

LOVE the pic of Janet and Phyl!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys look AWESOME!

1 day~ hugs

Apples~ hugs

Everyone~ hugs

peasout... peas

Going to the Target site in a few minutes! Stopped at Janet's Target and tried on 3 prs of Champions... different styles and fabrics. Can wear a L in the cotton/lycra, but XL in fleece and this other fabric. Still like the ones I have, so I'll see what I find online.

Your fudge is GREAT!

But Janet gave me too much to bring home.

I can't resist when something like that is in the house!

I may share some with my neighbor, Max. He LOVES chocolate and he's a skinny old guy.

Wish I could meet you all in FL!! I'm going to be in Seattle that weekend.

You never know, Lori.... this being so close to Christmas, and with all the flu going around... I'd think there's a fair chance of a cancellation allowing you to get bumped up. Happened to me in August but I had to turn it down because I was still back in NY after our #7's reunion.

I love your pictures... because I LOVE the desert!

Guess what's on my Santa list???

Walking sticks to help me walk in the desert.

Been wanting to do that since we got back,

but haven't ventured out except for a little bit behind our neighbors' place. Walking sticks would give me a little more confidence. I'm still a little unsteady on my feet, and balance problems.

Happy you enjoyed the fudge, Phyll. And, what is it with skinny guys and fudge? My DH is thin and can eat unlimited sweets. Damn those skinny fudge eating men!

Ok...so way laying awake last night when I got up to go potty. I struggled with putting the fudge recipes on this WLS site. Sooooooooooooooo...decided that this morning I am going to post a disclaimer so there will be no "After Christmas Fudge Guilt" to keep me awake.

Disclaimer:

Make at your own risk. No bitc_ing, whining, complaining on the 5lbs gained from eating Apples' fudge.

Whew, now I feel better.

Great photo of you and Phyll, Janet. You girls look so classy and your house if very festive. I am running behind on mine but going to put the nose to the grindstone today and see what I can accomplish.

How are the knees, Janet. DH is suffering big time. He's working in the cold, which doesn't help. He climbs A LOT of stairs while drying corn. Our bins are at least 40 feet high and he climbs stairs up and down all day long. Poor guy was in pain and watched him walk out to bin site this morning and he's walking like an old man. He has knee braces from doc and hope that helps. He tends to get rid of them part way through the day as they "slow him down".

Wish you could make the FL trip, Lori. Be fun if you could sneak that trip in.

Better get after it. Want this house all Christmassy my the time I go to bed tonight.

I was just getting dressed after my shower and putting on my cozy jacket. Since we have been on the subject of comfy clothes, I thought I would share my find at Walmart.

Walmart (this was 2 weeks ago) has the Danskin Now brand. I picked up two zip fleecy jackets for $8/each. I'm not sure how many they would have left but worth a look. The quality is great. I've washed them both a couple of times already and they look really good. I love the Danskin quality.

My two are in slate grey and white. There is a cute little zip pocket at the breast on one side and zip all the way up the front. Something I know I will wear for a long time. Also something I wouldn't be afraid to wear when I head to town.

Give them a look!

If anyone read my previous post, disregard. I deleted it. I had written previous to checking out Laura's recommendation.

Here's the deal for all of you Florida Bound Bandsters. Laura and her family have stayed here so that should be enough of a recommendation.

Lake Buena Vista Resort...looks to me like it has what we need and want and at a good rate. (Thanks Laura...see...you did come through for us!)

2 bedroom condo: $118/night

3 bedroom condo: $129/night

Looks to me by the number going, if we rented 2 condos we would have plenty of space since there are sofa sleepers and I honestly would not mind grabbing one cuz I don't have difficulty sleeping and then I would be the center of attention cuz I would be in the living space and everyone would HAVE to talk to me while they are making my coffee and Breakfast.< /span>

Some of the amenities:

Fridge/freezer, teakettle, coffeemaker

Dishwasher, dishes, cutlery, pots/pans

Master bedroom with king bed, jacuzzi bath, shower, dual vanity, walk in closet, tv and clock radio

2nd bedroom with two twin beds, bathroom and tv

dining and living room with queen sofa bed and tv

iron and ironing board, hairdryer, in room safe

3 bedroom has all of the above amenities as listed for two bedroom suite. Plus, 3rd bedroom with two twin beds, bathroom and tv.

What do you guys think? I think it sounds great. Remember, I will be driving and so will Laura if she can come. I don't mind being the chauffer, D.D. or whatever. Also, if we want to stock the frig, I can make a stop at a Publix, liquor store or whatever on my way. All I need is to start a list.

I am sooooooooooo excited for this to happen. OK...let's vote on this and get a definate head count. Lori? Are you jumping on? I don't want you to feel guilty or left out but I know I, for one, really wants you to make it. You are such a huge part of all of us.

Let's go girls, I'm ready to push that reservation button...I have my finger on it!

Missed a page when I listed amenities and attractions.

Free self parking

Irish Pub for lunch and dinner

Pizza Hut Express Cafe and Market

Resort Outdoor Pool with Shipwreck, Tiki Bar

Second Pool, Children's Pool and Jacuzzi

Full-Service Reflections Spa & Salon (maybe I better hit that b/4 meeting you girls)

Daily Housekeeping

Free transportation to Theme Parks: Disney, Universal, and Sea World.

Phyll...A few days b/4 Feb 11....lock Earl in the bedroom, fire up the RV and HIT THE ROAD. Like I said to Lori....would love it if you could join us.

Meredith: You know, I doubt you have a leak. The one time I asked them to aspirate it all out, just to see, I didn't get the exact amount out either. I was having good restriction too. It doesn't really matter the exact number of cc. What matters is how you feel and how it's working. The band is flexible and bends in some areas. So Fluid can get trapped in a small area, just like a bent hose. It's very rare with the realize bands (and new lapbands) for someone to have punctured the tubing, and they make them so strong, that it is uncommon this soon out to have a leak. I used to be so stuck on this fill total, and it really doesn't matter as long as you have good restriction. hugs though.

peasout... peas

I agree... they always withdraw all the fluid from mine and then put it back in and it never measures up to what is supposed to be there. They told me the same thing... and that there's no way to get it all out because small amounts can "hide". If you have good restriction, its doubtful you have a leak.

Happy you enjoyed the fudge, Phyll. And, what is it with skinny guys and fudge? My DH is thin and can eat unlimited sweets. Damn those skinny fudge eating men!

If I find I can't resist the fudge, it's going to be shared with neighbors! LOL!

Spent a long time on line. I think I figured out which pants are the ones I like but then they don't have my size! I think I'm going back to Target and get them!

Shoot Phyll, they had every size on Monday when I ordered them. Hope you find what you want at the store. Make sure and look in the pajama clearance rack. Sometimes they "hide" Champion clearance items in with the pj clearance.