Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning, home from work already and playing with my new lap top. SIL to be got it all set up on the wireless and networked it to my desktop. Whatever all that means all I know is it is working. I still need to get my antivirus stuff on here.

It is so cold out today, high is only supposed to be about 15 and low about zero. BRRRR And if DH gets on the earlier flight and gets home about 530 we are going out tree shopping. Might make me make up my mind on a tree faster. LOL

Think I will run up to Penney's or Kohls this morning and look for some new workout type pants. I need knit pants for my knee after surgery as I can't get my jeans on over the swelling. All mine are looking so ratty. Maybe something new to wear will make me feel better when I get home from the hospital.

As for presents, Santa puts some out on Christmas eve but I always had others out when I got the tree up, like someone else said it looks so bare.

Good morning, home from work already and playing with my new lap top. SIL to be got it all set up on the wireless and networked it to my desktop. Whatever all that means all I know is it is working. I still need to get my antivirus stuff on here.

It is so cold out today, high is only supposed to be about 15 and low about zero. BRRRR And if DH gets on the earlier flight and gets home about 530 we are going out tree shopping. Might make me make up my mind on a tree faster. LOL

Think I will run up to Penney's or Kohls this morning and look for some new workout type pants. I need knit pants for my knee after surgery as I can't get my jeans on over the swelling. All mine are looking so ratty. Maybe something new to wear will make me feel better when I get home from the hospital.

As for presents, Santa puts some out on Christmas eve but I always had others out when I got the tree up, like someone else said it looks so bare.

Great

Khol's is good for exercise stuff - never got any from Penny's - I get my yoga pants either from Target or Marshall's - but again it's not 15 degree outside - but you could wear tights with them..

I am on a wireless system - so I understand it to a degree (enough to be dangerous) and I set it up myself (well with a little help of linksystem and it wasn't picking up my ips address - this is how you connect - i think)

My Computer is in what was suppose to be a dinning room ibut it's my office (I have no need for formal dinning room) there is no phone or cable jack in here - so have a linksystem my internet is my cable company the moden is in GS room and so is the wireless stuff - I have a little usb adapter which I plug in to my computer or laptop - depending on what i am using.

I need to get dressed and get my shopping done - DIL called last night and wants me to p/u a tool box for DS for Xmas since she can't hide anything for him ;0)

Hey all,

I have a cold today. Stuffy, couldn't sleep, head hurts (think Nyquil commercial). I am finding it hard to get much of anything done.

Just found out Nelson needs a solid black t shirt for his winter performance at school (and jeans). They are singing "I want to hold your hand". Walmart and Target are "out" of plain black tshirts for boys! Found one on Ebay that said "Beatles" but it was $20! This is when it sucks to live in a small town. Who has time to run to every store looking for a black shirt?! (Last year he was the sower in the Ginger bread man and wore overalls and a John Deere T shirt!!!) Besides the fact that they told us with only one week notice... I am also peeved that they aren't singing a "holiday" song. I understand the need to be culturally sensitive (can't talk about Santa, Jesus, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, elves) , but this year they won't even sing about SNOW or WINTER?! I think this is crazy.

My bariatric surgeon's nurse called today to see how things were, since I haven't had a fill since Sept. She said they call during the holidays so that if people have fallen off the wagon, they can help with a fill or consult. I told her I thought I was ok... just needed to get back to healthier choices and exercise. But I don't need a fill. THEN she told me the RNs in the office were doing the "uncomplicated" fills now. I thought that was an MD/NP/PA function only. Anyone heard of this?????

I need to go get another box of tissues.... ACHEW!

hugs~Peasout, Laura

Just ordered new workout pants (long) from Target.com. I, of course, felt I needed 4 pair since they were such a good price and they were Champion brand. I love their pants. I got 2 black, a navy and a grey. They ranged from $9.99-19.99. I have worn the Champion for years cuz of the length and quality. I ordered when I got to goal last year and they still look nice. I needed more cuz I sometimes change a few times a day because I am in and out and get grain dust and mud on me.

Hey all,

I have a cold today. Stuffy, couldn't sleep, head hurts (think Nyquil commercial). I am finding it hard to get much of anything done.

Just found out Nelson needs a solid black t shirt for his winter performance at school (and jeans). They are singing "I want to hold your hand". Walmart and Target are "out" of plain black tshirts for boys! Found one on Ebay that said "Beatles" but it was $20! This is when it sucks to live in a small town. Who has time to run to every store looking for a black shirt?! (Last year he was the sower in the Ginger bread man and wore overalls and a John Deere T shirt!!!) Besides the fact that they told us with only one week notice... I am also peeved that they aren't singing a "holiday" song. I understand the need to be culturally sensitive (can't talk about Santa, Jesus, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, elves) , but this year they won't even sing about SNOW or WINTER?! I think this is crazy.

My bariatric surgeon's nurse called today to see how things were, since I haven't had a fill since Sept. She said they call during the holidays so that if people have fallen off the wagon, they can help with a fill or consult. I told her I thought I was ok... just needed to get back to healthier choices and exercise. But I don't need a fill. THEN she told me the RNs in the office were doing the "uncomplicated" fills now. I thought that was an MD/NP/PA function only. Anyone heard of this?????

I need to go get another box of tissues.... ACHEW!

hugs~Peasout, Laura

God Bless You on that sneeze, Laura.

My doc's RN's to emergency unfills if doc is not available. (He lives a couple of hours away). I guess knowing the RN's (one is in surgery with him), I would feel comfortable having them do it.

I agree, Laura, a week's notice is not long enough for parents to get the necessary clothes for the concert. And, how cute, bibs and J.D. last year. Email me your address, I will send Nels some J.D. stuff. DH is big into it. When we first got married, I couldn't figure out who DH worshipped more...me or the equipment.

Hope you get to feeling better. Colds suck, especially when it interupts your sleep.

Laura

Buy a white t-shirt and some black dye !!! WhaLa - Blk t-shirt

Since Andrew went to Catholic school - I had to make Shepard costumes - A good thing about going to a private school like that they CAN talk about Jesus - God & Holy Ghost (I'm old school I still say ghost instead of spirit ;0)...

Sorry about the cold - get some dayquil - it will give you the pep you need and dry up the nose at the same time..

Apple - those are the pants I get too :0)... I wear then on the weekends and traveling too - comfy

Well showered, makeup on - hair almost done - now need to get dressed ;0)

Janet...I sometimes "dress up" the pants. If they don't have a visible logo (if it's at the waist), they look really cute with a tunic sweater and boots.

Get goin' shopping, Girl, so you can come back and tell us what you bought! Have fun.

Hey girls. Just got back from the docs office and what was supposed to be my unfill. Last night, I didn't feel so tight, so I was wondering why I was still even going today? Anyhow, I got there and I watched what was going on. I told him that I wanted .25 out. Well, he sucked out all of the Fluid and there was supposed to be 6 cc's in there and there was only 5 in the syringe! What the heck? He did it again, still, 5 cc's! He thinks that maybe the port might be leaking. Oh great. I just had him keep the same amount in there and am going back in two weeks to make sure that nothing else has leaked out. If some more is gone, it is prob a leak and he will have to replace the port. Crap. Apparently this is only a small procedure, but what a pain in the a$$. Whatever, I guess it's not really that big of deal since I am still losing.

Ok, I have to go back to work, just wanted to stop in and let you know whats going on.

CBL, Meredith

Hey girls. Just got back from the docs office and what was supposed to be my unfill. Last night, I didn't feel so tight, so I was wondering why I was still even going today? Anyhow, I got there and I watched what was going on. I told him that I wanted .25 out. Well, he sucked out all of the Fluid and there was supposed to be 6 cc's in there and there was only 5 in the syringe! What the heck? He did it again, still, 5 cc's! He thinks that maybe the port might be leaking. Oh great. I just had him keep the same amount in there and am going back in two weeks to make sure that nothing else has leaked out. If some more is gone, it is prob a leak and he will have to replace the port. Crap. Apparently this is only a small procedure, but what a pain in the a$$. Whatever, I guess it's not really that big of deal since I am still losing.

Ok, I have to go back to work, just wanted to stop in and let you know whats going on.

CBL, Meredith

Hoping you don't have a leak, Meredith. Try not to worry about it in the meantime. I have seen other posts where ppl were in the same situation and it did not turn out to be a leak. I am sure you will handle whatever comes your way.

Just be very careful to chew and eat slow the next few days since you have been feeling too filled. I know that whenever I get "stuck" I am irritated for a few days and have to take it easy.

Fingers crossed and hoping this is not a leak and just a fluke.:sad:

I just had a port replacement, it is not bad at all, was in and out of the surgery center in about an hour, had it on Friday, went back to work on Monday. I was surprised at how easy it was. Like you they kept measuring my Fluid, and it kept coming up short... so after over a month of measuring and refilling they decided to replace the port. No problems since.

I just had a port replacement, it is not bad at all, was in and out of the surgery center in about an hour, had it on Friday, went back to work on Monday. I was surprised at how easy it was. Like you they kept measuring my Fluid, and it kept coming up short... so after over a month of measuring and refilling they decided to replace the port. No problems since.

Hey OnTheWay...good goin' on the weightloss. I see you are just a couple of #'s away from a lifetime goal. Way to go!:sad:

I'm glad your surgery went well. I am curious though, did your insurance company give you as much trouble with approval for the port replacement as they did with the actual banding?

Just ordered new workout pants (long) from Target.com. I, of course, felt I needed 4 pair since they were such a good price and they were Champion brand. I love their pants. I got 2 black, a navy and a grey. They ranged from $9.99-19.99. I have worn the Champion for years cuz of the length and quality. I ordered when I got to goal last year and they still look nice. I needed more cuz I sometimes change a few times a day because I am in and out and get grain dust and mud on me.

I love those Champion work out pants, too. In fact, I have mine on now! And I just finished telling DH not an hour ago that I'm going to use a birthday gift card I still have money on (Target) to get another pair! I wear these ALL the time. They're comfy, they are dressier than sweats so I can get away with wearing them shopping, etc. AND, most importantly, I can get them in "relaxed fit", which I need for my thighs,:w00t:, and petite. I might even fit in to a large now. Pair I have are XL... which I think they call 16/18. They're getting alitle "roomy" so maybe if I"m going to get an extra pair I can go a size smaller.

My bariatric surgeon's nurse called today to see how things were, since I haven't had a fill since Sept. She said they call during the holidays so that if people have fallen off the wagon, they can help with a fill or consult. I told her I thought I was ok... just needed to get back to healthier choices and exercise. But I don't need a fill. THEN she told me the RNs in the office were doing the "uncomplicated" fills now. I thought that was an MD/NP/PA function only. Anyone heard of this??hugs~Peasout, Laura

Gal who has done most of my fills is a PA. But I know there is a "Fill Center" near us and those gals are RNs.

Hey Phyll..I think you can get the pants in a short (online) if that's what you wear. I have them out of a couple different materials. Some look like more of a cotton and then have the more flowy/satiny looking. They are a staple in my wardrobe. So comfy. There are times I need to run to town at the drop of a hat and no time to change. They are very versitile.

Hey everyone, I have been by myself all day. No classes for me but everyone else here is at work and school. Something that has been on my mind the past few days is telling my MIL and FIL that I am having the surgery. We have been living with them for a year and a half and my MIL almost always cooks dinner. My surgeon wants my eatting less than 30 carbs a day and the dinner she prepares are usually a meat with corn or Beans, potatos and biscuits. High carb. I have been trying to eat just the meat and I put the rest on my plate but don't touch it. I mentioned the lap band surgery to her a few months ago (before I was sure I was gonna have it) and she was very negative. She told me If I would stay away from "white" food and workout the weight would melt off. I just don't believe this. I have tried all the diets that make sense and some that don't. The most I have ever lost is 30 pounds (slimfast) only to gain it back. I sure all of you have experienced this too. Anyway, she is going to find out because we live here. There is alot of tension between us. We don't get along anymore. I know she is gonna freak out and I don't know how to handle it. I have waited as long as I can. I will cook my own meals but then she will want to know why I am not eatting her high carb meal. She will probably tell my husband all sorts of ugly stuff about me because I am having this surgery. Like I am wasting our money, or cheating weightloss. She is going to attack me. But not to my face to my husbands. I could end up losing his support.

I really feel like this is my health and my decision, MY business and no one else's business.