Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oh Apples, so sorry to get up this morning and read of your loss. I can tell how special she was to you and the influence she has had in your life. She's made a lasting impact on you and her legacy will live in you. We are here for you whenever you need to talk about it. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Porucpine, you can either hit 'quote' in the post you want to directly respond to, or if there are several posts you want to respond to hit 'multi' as you read, then hit reply at the bottom and you can type your response between each quote. Or you can just remember and type out responses to each person as I did and if you can't remember, just scroll down from your reply window and below you should see the most recent posts.

Our snowstorm has ended, no sun yet but they say it is coming. I have therapy today and need to pick up a few things at the store. Will be good to get out for a bit.

Great..I almost missed your post. Just happened to page back and read. I would have felt so bad to leave you out.

Thanks for the comforting words and for your sympathy. She lived the best life ever...the very best life that she could live and that makes us all happy. She's not really gone...she'll always be us. :wub:Karen

Apples~ So sorry about your loss! That is just so sad. Hugs to you!

I am in cali now w my sister. I love it here!!!! Huntington Beach is beautiful. The weather is perfect! So unlike Detroit!

My band is wide open though, and that is not good. Not that I'm making bad food choices, but I can just eat more than I should be able to. I will be home on Tuesday, so I will be just fine I think. I deserve a vacation!

I am going to continue to look at houses when I get home while I still have my offer in on the short sale house. I heard that they extended the first time home buyer tax credit until April, so I have time!

Ok, sorry so short, but we are going to go walk around main street!

Once again, I am so sorry apples. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time. Love you!

~Meredith

Thanks, Janet....yep. When I said goodbye to her I told her I would love her forever and ever.

Got home from being with the family tonight. Opened mail and there was a Halloween card with a special note from her in there thanking me for providing her meals and treats. (She fell backwards going into the post office on their steps and mailing my card). A $10 bill fell out onto the floor when I opened the card. We were always going back and forth about her giving me money. She lived on SS and I knew she should not spend her money on me. I figure that $10 was her way of having the last word. She was stubborn and got her way.

Will talk to you all next week. Family tomorrow all day, Sunday wake and Monday morning funeral. Thanks again to all of you for the kind words. I am doing good...not to worry. I am strong and accept what comes my way in life and have faith that she's made friends with half of the ppl in heaven and the other half is waiting in line.:Yawn:

Oh my God, how very special.....this just blows me away. I hope my Mom meets this woman...she needs this sort of influence in her life.

Take care of yourself this weekend.

I am in cali now w my sister. I love it here!!!! Huntington Beach is beautiful. The weather is perfect! So unlike Detroit!

My band is wide open though, and that is not good. Not that I'm making bad food choices, but I can just eat more than I should be able to. I will be home on Tuesday, so I will be just fine I think. I deserve a vacation!

I am going to continue to look at houses when I get home while I still have my offer in on the short sale house. I heard that they extended the first time home buyer tax credit until April, so I have time!

Once again, I am so sorry apples. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time. Love you!

~Meredith

Meredith..have the BEST time with your sis. Don't worry about your restriction...always time when you get home to consider whether you need a fill.

Happy to hear of the extension on the first time homeowners. I heard that it would happen but just didn't hear it was April. Breath a sigh of relief and hopefully your dream house will be yours soon.

Thanks for the words on my "mom". She was a saint.

Oh my God, how very special.....this just blows me away. I hope my Mom meets this woman...she needs this sort of influence in her life.

Take care of yourself this weekend.

Sent her a message to look up your mom. I envision a park bench with the two of them feeding pigeons and squirrels!:Yawn:

Morning.............. Apples, have a good day visiting and remembering your special mom.... This is a necessary time to fellowship and say goodbye....... I'll be thinking of you...

Rough night again for me... Just don't even know what to say or do anymore... Just putting in my time and praying it will pass.................Must go do my exercises now.. Everyone have a good weekend.... Julie

Happy Halloween everyone. Hope you all have good weather so your little ones can have lots of fun Trick or Treating.. Mimi is to be a lady bug... Should be fun this year.. We have never been the party type for this holiday otherwise.. Never worn a cosutme in my adult life.. Do any of you have plans to "dress up"?? Have a safe evening....... Julie

Happy Halloween everyone. Hope you all have good weather so your little ones can have lots of fun Trick or Treating.. Mimi is to be a lady bug... Should be fun this year.. We have never been the party type for this holiday otherwise.. Never worn a cosutme in my adult life.. Do any of you have plans to "dress up"?? Have a safe evening....... Julie

No plans here, we don't Celebrate Halloween actually and have plans to go out tonight for a nice dinner. I think I am craving Red Lobster.

Lori, are you taking pain pill before PT?? My doctor's P.A. told me in no uncertain terms both before surgery and at discharge... take a pain pill BEFORE Pt because they WILL HURT YOU!! And I'd go straight home... visit Grandma another time (LOL) and get the leg up and put an ice bag on it!!! I iced my knee FREQUENTLY, almost up until the time we left in the RV... so... about 6 weeks. It really helps with the swelling. Enjoy the pampering!!

I've done an hour of Water aerobics every morning this week, and 3 days of 15 minute session on stationary bike. Legs feel stronger already!

All the doctors are different! I was never told I couldn't eat before a fill, so always had Breakfast and coffee before I went in. Not telling you to go against doctor's instructions, though.. so if they're saying don't eat, then don't eat. But since liquids go right through, I don't see any eason why you couldn't have coffee before you go.

3_4_103.gif

No yesterday I did not take a pain pill for the first time I took Ibuprofen instead thinking that would be enough. I learnt my lesson. They told me the same thing to always take my pain pill before, I was just nervous about driving on the pain pills. I paid a big price yesterday, I hadn't had that much pain since surgery really. I think I finally caught up on the pain through the night with the pills, ice, etc. Grandma wanted me to take her grocery shopping on Monday which is a therapy day so I already told her we'd have to wait til Tues. which was fine to her. I guess I am starting to get impatient and want it better now and now that this is a marathon not a race. I was so worried last night that I damaged something or wasn't going to get the pain back under control. Poor DH I was a basketcase, crying, etc. Lesson learnt! Pain pills aren't a bad thing.

As for the liquids before a fill, I wasn't allowed anything the morning of a fill. Liquids only after until evening and then mushies, regular food the next day.

~Meredith

Yahoo for the extension on the first time buyer credit. Sure you don't want to look for that house in Huntington Beach now? LOL Just joking. Glad you are enjoying your visit. You'll get your band, fills back on track when you get home, I can tell how committed you are to this lifestyle which I admire you for at such a young age instead of waiting til your 50's like I did.

Great..I almost missed your post. Just happened to page back and read. I would have felt so bad to leave you out.

Thanks for the comforting words and for your sympathy. She lived the best life ever...the very best life that she could live and that makes us all happy. She's not really gone...she'll always be us. :wub:Karen

Don't ever worry about leaving me out especially in your circumstances now. It's so comforting to know someone lived such a great life. I am sure she is smiling down on you now.

Oktoberfest without the beer here at the RV park. Potluck at 5:30 pm and costume contest. We don't dress up but it's fun to see all those that do. Downs syndrome gal... about 40ish won the pumpkin carving conest last year and she was absolutely thrilled! She grinned for the rest of the evening and every now and then would poke her Mom and say, "I WON!!" It was a delight to watch her.

8_1_218.gif

Well, we are dressing up and going to a party tonight. I am making cheezy eyeballs (cheese balls decorated as eyeballs) and DH is the Devil 2.0 and my sister and I will be the devilettes. I'm just painting my fingernails now.....pretty much a disaster since I never paint them. But it's only for one night. It's mostly the FNSC crowd, so it will be funn. I have a glittery set of horns and tail...with faux fur...pretty funny.

We don't get kids here at the house. It's too far between houses and there are no street lights. The kids (and their parents) would be getting way too much of a workout in this neighborhood. They usually hit the subdivisions where the houses are on top of each other. DH left a bowl of candy out on the front porch with little Milky Ways in them.

Hope everyone has a great night!!

Eva

Hey Great2bethin!

Well Dolly called me Friday am said they can do my surgery on the 6th...But, gotta find someone to watch my son, he's 8. Have called couple friends, havent heard from either one of them. Told Dolly wud let her know Monday am. Would love to have it done then, if not them will hafta wait til the 13th.

Am sooo tired, walked all over neighborhood Trick or treating, got 2 buckets of candy & didn't have one single piece! Not banded yet, guess cud have one, but then feel like wud be cheating, then think better have it while i can LOL!!

Lost my walking meter somwhere in the dark, was a lota steps there. I've had the first nutrition class with Kim back in July I think, then Teri had called and said i was to go to another one, but she thought already had lapband done in Sept when was spose to but it had to be cancelled.

Im the one with the o2 tank in backpack if you see me wandering around Rose...that is so easy to get lost in., well for me anyway. Hope to meet you sometime :Yawn:

Latte, I would've been at your nutrition class in July if it was a Wed. morning one. I set those rooms up each Wed. and answer questions etc. until Kim arrives from doing rounds to teach the class. I will be back volunteering probably the week before Thanksgiving or so, gonna give my knee time to get good and healed as it's a lot of walking. I work in Kim's office, but then I go over to Rose on the 6th floor and visit all the bypass patients and occassional lapband that had stayed over night in the hospital. Sometimes I then run over to Dr. Snyders to drop off stuff or vice versa, lots of walking. That hospital is huge with all the walkways, etc. Also on the 1st and 3rd Tues of the month I occassionally go to the support group that meets in Thornton at the Thornton Civic Center. I was going to be a co leader of that one but somethings happened and it didn't work out. I used to go regularly but have gotten less regular lately. I hope it works out for you to get your surgery on Friday. Dr. Snyder is great and the aftercare has been wonderful. Amanda does most of the fills and she's awesome. I got fills every 2 weeks at first to get good restriction. They want to see you succeed and are pretty good about getting you your fills.

Halloween. Tricks and treats.

My daughter had a party for a few couples before they and their kids all went trick or treating. My husband and I also attended. I came early to take my grandson David to his indoor soccer game first. David has just turned 5 and just still makes this age group for soccer. He stands a head taller than everyone else. Hysterical. David kicking the ball the wrong way. David, laying down and refusing to get up. David wanting to leave to get a drink of Water in the middle of the game--which I could tell by his cheeks he really needed. David refusing to leave the floor when it was his turn to sit out. David looking everywhere but at the ball. David pushing the other kids.

David is mildly autistic and I'm sure most parents had no idea why this big tall kid was being such a pain. I had to walk out onto the floor several times to say to him quietly that he might not get to go trick or treating. Last year my daughter had the coaches permission to stay on the floor with him all the time.

He needs the exposure to these situations and the exercise is good for him, but you could just see the processing delays on verbal instructions. Poor kid.

However, when he got home his friends came over and then he got to be "Octopus Prime" (aka Optimus Prime from Transformers) and go trick or treating.

He handled being with his friends and trick or treating just fine. But the number of people and the noise level and activity of the soccer game were too much for him.

His "Octopus" Prime reminded me of a kindergartner I heard singing at school Friday (to the tune of Michael Jackson's Thriller) "Gorilla! Gorilla night!" Picture Gorillas dancing like the zombies in the video.

I have to admit I ate several small chocolate candy bars at my daughter's. She had a lot of slider appetizers and I ate some of that without putting it on crackers or tortilla chips and didn't pig out. But I couldn't resist the chocolate bars. I haven't had chocolate bars in months.

I'm glad Halloween is over. Next big temptation--Thanksgiving. I have several weeks to recover from October, which contained a 125th Anniversary celebration for Roseland Christian School where I teach, a 40th high school reunion, my college's 50th anniversary celebration at Navy Pier in downtown Chicago, 2 two-day conferences, 2 retreats, David's 5th birthday party at Chucky cheese, and Halloween. I'm happy and consider it somewhat of a miracle to have lost 4 lbs this past month.

My fill seems to work well to limit all foods except slider foods. So hopefully November will be mostly slider free.

Hello guys~ phew, glad Halloween is over too. The things we do for our kids! We went to a neighborhood Halloween party. (bounce house, petting zoo, pony rides, hay rides, pizza, candy and drinks) After a few hours there we went to Nelson's best friend, Nicholas' house. They just moved in a couple weeks ago and it was our first time there. This kid was sharing a room with his 17 yr old brother for 5 years until the move. He came over our house all the time but was never allowed to have friends over b/c of the space issue. Nelson was his first friend over to see his bedroom and his playroom. He was so proud. It is always so enlightening for me to be around this kid. He is such an eater. His mom is constantly having to say "that's enough" and "slow down". The visit always gives me a few days to appreciate my picky eater with no appetite. This morning Nelson said he wasn't hungry- although he only had 2 bites of pizza in the afternoon yesterday and had no dinner.. and only had 2 miniature Snicker bars at night. In contrast I would much rather deal with the pickiness. We trick or treated in their new neighborhood via golf cart. That is definitely the way to go when houses are spread out! The boys LOVED it. Nelson was GI Joe/aka "army man" and Nicholas was "as Nels says Dark Invaider" (aka Darth Vader). LOL IYSOY, I love the Octupus prime! It was after 10 before we got a bath and in bed!

Today DH took Nels to see the Astro Boy movie and to give me a little break. My time away really really helped him understand what I do. He was on call all day yesterday and worked for 12 hrs doing multiple cases back to back in the OR... and STILL he thought my day must have been harder. <smile> I love my DH.

I have got to get this candy out of my house! I am usually not a sweets person either! But damn the timing of Halloween and TOM!!! Dangerous combination. For our treats I bought stuff I don't like.. like Gummy body parts and sour candy. Even the kids only grabbed only one piece. I can hear them now.. "don't bother going to that house, they must be on diets, the candy sux!"

Great~ I hope your knee pain is better today. It is so much easier to control pain ahead then to try and play catch up. At first I read your msg wrong and thought DH was the one crying. grin. Then I realized it was you. aww.

Phyllser~ Loved your pics on FB! Looks like a hoot! I wish I had the cajones to dress up like those folks! Sounds like you had fun. : )

Mrs. B~ How was your little lady bug?! You must post us a pic when you can! How are you feeling? I know you are getting sick and tired of that shoulder. hugs.

apples~ thinking of you friend.

Meredith~ glad you are having fun out in CA with your sis! Don't worry about the eating on vacation. There's time for getting back in the groove. I bet your sis just about died when she saw you!!! Tell us more about your flight/trip.

Janet~ I think you said you had family in town. How's it going?

Oct~Eva, how the devil are ya?! How was the party? Sounds like a cute outfit.

Just got off the phone with my dad. I think i told you guys they canceled chemo for one week b/c he has an infection in his kidney where the nephrostomy tube is. sigh. He is going every morning for outpatient IV antibiotics. Thank goodness for the port, as he would be a IV starters nightmare. He sounds tired. Not sure if it's the antibiotics, the infection or a bit of both. We are planning on going up the week of Thanksgiving. My GM who helped so much with Nelson's adoption is coming for one month from Turkey. I can't wait to see her!

ok girlies... CBL. Have a good Sunday!

peasout~ Laura