Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello all.

Just got home from mom and dads. Grandma, Andrew, Dad, and I all went out on the boat this afternoon. It was fun! The Water was very refreshing and the fresh air wiped everyone out. Mom decided to stay home. She goes back to work Tues (teacher) and just wanted to relax. I don't blame her. Grandma was cute though with her little 90 year old self out there. She loved it! I will add some pics when I am done writing. Grandma, Mom, and I are going to the park tomorrow morning to do the Labor Day walk that they have every year. It's nice. Mom and I cannot keep up with Grandma, so she just whips right ahead of us and we meet her at the end. Really, no one can keep up with her. Like I said, she is 90, walks 2 miles every single morning in 28 minutes! She flies!

Janet~ I am a total water rat! I too am really really fair and have to put on at least SPF 45+ to feel like I am not being burned to death out there. I have no idea how you do it in all of that sun that you have year round? My sis, Courtney is now living in Huntington Beach, Cali. I'm sad that she's gone, but so happy that she has done this for herself while she's young. This way she won't have any regrets! Are you close to her?

Great~ Yes, rents = parents. At first I didn't understand what DH, DS, etc. was. But I got it too!

Sharon~ I love this book! I thought that it was you that recommended it, but i wasn't positive. I cannot wait to discuss it with others who have read it. It's so different and intriguing!

Laura~ Glad everyone is feeling better and that you and DH can spend some time together since he's not on call. Nice. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Let us know what you think about your fill situation. I know I cannot wait to get mine! Today I ate an entire hamburger patty and a Tomato all at one sitting. Far too much, but at least it wasn't junk right?

Julie~ Sorry to hear about MIMI. Geez, that is terrible! Poor little thing. I hope that she gets well soon. Glad that you and DH got out for awhile though. I cannot wait to see Julie and Julia, however, I don't go to the movie theatre, so I will have to wait until it comes out on film.

Ok, thats all for now. Enjoy your Labor Day everyone!

TTYL~ Meredith

<yawn yawn> good morning sunshines! Happy Labor Day! No day off for many of us. DS woke me up at the crack of dawn. Everyone says there will come a time when they won't get out of bed until noon... why don't they do that early in life?! (when it would be beneficial for all involved!) I let DH sleep late. He gets up at 5am every morning and then is at times up all night. He deserves it. <why don't they have an icon with a halo above it! LOL> :blush:

Julie, you poor thing. Coxsackie virus is NEVER fun. And you won't find out until almost the end which strain it is. Nelson had the hand-foot-mouth(coxsackie A-16, I think?) one once. His palms and mouth were COVERED in blisters! During that time, when his fever got real bad- I would use the tylenol supposiories. You can buy them over the counter. He would gag from the tylenol and sometimes just vomit from high fever. Sometimes his body would just want whatever hot liquid was in his tummy OUT, and then he would be better. Oh, I don't miss those days. I hope she feels better soon!!! <hugs> and I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU for deciding to bite the bullet and come to FL!!!! :blush:

Meredith~ I love the photos! The lake looks soooo nice! Your DGM is absolutely adorable! I think that is amazing that she is so active at her age! It gives you a window into your life, especially now that you have decided to take hold of your health. Glad you guys had a good time. And I hear you with the hamburger!

Linda, I have a toyota sequoia that seats 8. I can always rent something bigger if you guys want me to. : )

Watching some Disney channel..woohoo, my day is starting off so exciting! M I C.... K E Y.....

peas...

LOL!

You're showing your age...

got to keep up with these youngsters!

They abbreviate everything!

"Rents" = parents!!

I'm still figuring these things out, too!

Well, I guess I'm showing my age also!!! I couldn't figure it out either!!! I was thinking, Boy,this kid has got it all together, going to school, working, and she has rent houses!! LOL

If~~~ NSV is nonscale victory or but I like your idea also, no small victory!!!

This going to be short. Meeting my DD, we're taking Eli fishing this a.m. I'll check back later!! Have a good day!!

Sharon

Edited by doodlebug11

Good Morning Gang

I read yesterday afternoon -post - but I spent the day going thru pictures putting them in albums and hanging portraits of me and my bros that we done for my Dad for Father's Day back in 65 ish could have been 66 - the guy painted me with blond hair back then - so know one would know that I am a bottle blond - I didn't have blond hair as a kid - light brown with blond highlight when in the sun..

Julies - poor GD - my son had canker sores in his mouth when he was a baby - and could barely drink his bottle.. Proud of you for making the big step in coming to Florida !!!!

Laura - I'm with Linda - let's try and keep cost down as much as possible..

Meredith - The sun is only strong in the summer months and it's too dang hot to be outside much - Hungtington Beach is about 80/90 miles from me - not far - it's the beach that we go to when we go to the beach - Haven't been in the last couple of years - So if you do come this way and it's on a weekend - we can try and hook up.. Love your pictures..

Linda - Write her & Ellen - that would be too cool.. Doesn't look like Oprah has lost any weight this past year - hell with her busy life - I guess I can understand - even with chefs personal trainers - it's still all about our food choices..

I didn't know rent=parents either - but I don't have a texting phone - well the one with the keyboard - so it takes me forever to text - hell it's eaiser just to call.. I can text but rarely do..

Happy Labor Day....

I have gym at 10 - then have to take gs for shoes for his mom's wedding and my bypass gf is coming over - 9/5 was her 1 yr -125 lbs gone - Hell I did 100 in a yr - so who says that bypass is faster. (she had more than me to lose - she still have another 40/50 to go)

Well need to go make another cup of coffee and fold some clothes - cbl :blush:

Oh Laura they do have an angel - hit Smiles (More)

Going to be with grandkids today. Go out with them and my daughter. Maybe to a playground where I can go down the slides. Wheeee. Have a great labor day.

Meredith, great pics. You look wonderful. The one of the sky and Water is coffee-table-book gorgeous.

Morning.................Laura, I'm about as tired as you described... Althought DD and Mimi don't live with us, they are only 3 blocks away and also being a single mother, DD calls anytime at all.... She is so worried and tired and at the end of her rope.. She called at 2:30 this morning wanting advice about what to do... She had just had to sit on Mimi to get Tylenol down... and was crying right along with baby... Why don't the docs tell you about suppositories.?? That could help.. I doubt out little drug store here is open today and its 40 miles to get to Bismarck... Anyway, I'm very tired as she called again at 4:00 and then I couldn't go back to sleep... must have fallen back and then the phone rang at 7:00.... DH's farmer boss who just acted like there was nothing special about today... I blurted out, "Oh, he has to work today????!!!!" Of course I should have been more tactful... but this job was their idea, not ours so I don't worry.. have known this guy since he was born!!!! Anyway, off to work went DH... telling me to call if I need him..... DD needs to go to work at 4:30 this evening and work all night on no sleep for days... Don't know how she will or if I can handle Mimi by myself (or should!!)... My mother can help, but can't send her to daycare....

Oh, girls, we must all be the same age... I didn't know "rents" either... I have to work at lots of the initials, too... Just an old fogie who doesn't text!!!!

Gotta go get my shower before when I can.... TTYL... Julie

Morning.................Laura, I'm about as tired as you described... Althought DD and Mimi don't live with us, they are only 3 blocks away and also being a single mother, DD calls anytime at all.... She is so worried and tired and at the end of her rope.. She called at 2:30 this morning wanting advice about what to do... She had just had to sit on Mimi to get Tylenol down... and was crying right along with baby... Why don't the docs tell you about suppositories.?? That could help.. I doubt out little drug store here is open today and its 40 miles to get to Bismarck... Anyway, I'm very tired as she called again at 4:00 and then I couldn't go back to sleep... must have fallen back and then the phone rang at 7:00.... DH's farmer boss who just acted like there was nothing special about today... I blurted out, "Oh, he has to work today????!!!!" Of course I should have been more tactful... but this job was their idea, not ours so I don't worry.. have known this guy since he was born!!!! Anyway, off to work went DH... telling me to call if I need him..... DD needs to go to work at 4:30 this evening and work all night on no sleep for days... Don't know how she will or if I can handle Mimi by myself (or should!!)... My mother can help, but can't send her to daycare....

Oh, girls, we must all be the same age... I didn't know "rents" either... I have to work at lots of the initials, too... Just an old fogie who doesn't text!!!!

Gotta go get my shower before when I can.... TTYL... Julie

I remember having to sit on DS to get him to take meds too :0)

Yep being a single mom is tough - she's lucky to have you to lean on - I only had me - well my sis did help but she had 3 of her own and I would have never called at 2 a.m. !!!

Did some pediatric nursing and trying to remember how we got the little ones to take their liquid meds! I think we used a syringe (no needle, of course-LOL), get it into the side of the mouth, shoot it into the cheek and someone hold the nose! Sounds awful, but it usually worked! Definitely takes two!! Works with dogs/cats, too!!

Check out my ticker!!

It moved again!

Less than 5 lb from Onderland!

Happy Labor Day everyone:)

Well, I have been on this liquid Protein post op diet for one week now. It really hasn't been too bad. I have my preop tests tomorrow morning so nothing after midnight and then my surgery on 9/15. I have to switch to Clear liquids day before surgery. The sweet drinks in the mornings are the worst part for me......yuck

How long did you guys have to wait after your surgeries before you do any strength training like on arms/legs?

All,

I am still on for the Fl trip A house I think would be good it would be cheaper I think. Anyways I am still really sick the Dr put me on a Z pack since it was 5 days sick on Friday today is Monday I feel a little better still coughing and stuff but I must go to work tomorrow so I am trying to take it easy.

Ok, I need some help I had my band done jan 27 2009 I have lost around 55 pounds. I just had my first adjustment done on August 27, 2009. I really cannot tell any difference yet. When will I know if this one is working? Should I go for another fill?

Did some pediatric nursing and trying to remember how we got the little ones to take their liquid meds! I think we used a syringe (no needle, of course-LOL), get it into the side of the mouth, shoot it into the cheek and someone hold the nose! Sounds awful, but it usually worked! Definitely takes two!! Works with dogs/cats, too!!

Check out my ticker!!

It moved again!

Less than 5 lb from Onderland!

WTG PHYL -:thumbup: WITH SURGERY AND ALL - OMG:thumbup: - I AM GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE YOU A NEW TEE-SHIRT !!!

When are you coming to the Desert???

Happy Labor Day everyone:)

Well, I have been on this liquid Protein post op diet for one week now. It really hasn't been too bad. I have my preop tests tomorrow morning so nothing after midnight and then my surgery on 9/15. I have to switch to Clear Liquids day before surgery. The sweet drinks in the mornings are the worst part for me......yuck

How long did you guys have to wait after your surgeries before you do any strength training like on arms/legs?

Nawlinzlady - Ask your doc - you can walk right away - but I think mine was like 8 weeks out - I didn't really start with weights till 8 months out - I lost 3/4 of my weight by just walking on the treadmill 4 to 5 x a week - But every doc is diff - so ck with yours...

Ya after a while the sweet stuff gets to you..

Will keep you in our prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery !!!

All,

I am still on for the Fl trip A house I think would be good it would be cheaper I think. Anyways I am still really sick the Dr put me on a Z pack since it was 5 days sick on Friday today is Monday I feel a little better still coughing and stuff but I must go to work tomorrow so I am trying to take it easy.

Hugs Melissa - Summer colds suck!!!

Ok, I need some help I had my band done jan 27 2009 I have lost around 55 pounds. I just had my first adjustment done on August 27, 2009. I really cannot tell any difference yet. When will I know if this one is working? Should I go for another fill?

Yes - it can take more than one fill - You know when it's working when you are full on anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup food (4 oz of hard Protein & then veggies) and stay full for a few hours (3 - 4)

Hi all...

I don't think I am getting a fill tomorrow. Have been having pain with eating after only a few bites. Feeling like I felt when I was in NC. I am not under stress.. and I am not flying. Not sure why it is suddenly tight. I think I will go to my appt- it's too late to cancel and it's the first appt of the day tomorrow. Besides, I can buy some stuff in their store and weigh. Then I have my internist apppointment right after that just around the corner.

I hope everyone enjoyed their labor day. DH decided to grill last minute this afternoon. He made hotdogs and hamburgers. I had a 1/4 of a hamburger on wheat pita bread. Nelson HAD to have some Krispy Kreme donuts today.... urrrgghhh. I just discovered that is something I cannot tolerate! It has been sitting there like a lead balloon for an hour! I feel like I wish I could PB or something! It feels like it's glued in place. Well at least I won't try THAT again anytime soon! 190 calories too... NOT worth it. AT ALL.

Mrs B~ Hope the DGD is feeling better. Was thinking about you guys today.

1day~ Hope the z pack knocks it out! Feel better soon.

IYSOY~ Hope you enjoyed your day with the grandkids. I love your slide story. So nice. : )

Meredith~ I hope you got all your work caught up! Really enjoyed your photos. : )

I will check in tomorrow. Laura

Hi everyone I haven't been on in awhile because of moving and waiting to get internet. Well I haven't lost much since the surgery I see the Dr on Wed . I don't know if I'm getting my first fill or not. I'm also having alot of left shoulder pain .

Did go down the slide today. Also rode a carousel. Kept 2 DGSs happy at various playgrounds while daughter shopped. They are so much fun.

Totally off BP pills. BP consistently below 120 over 80. WHoo hoo!

Did I tell you I'm in the suit I got married in in 2000? Very elegant. If its cool enough I can wear it to my high school and college reunions in Oct.

Got some very busy weekends coming up. Can't access this site from work during day so will be posting briefly.

Please keep expenses down for FL trip.