Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Meds and Vitamins?

Hi everyone,

It had been 16 days since my sugery (May 12th). Most of the pains are gone now. I guess lately i've been feeling the runner's stitch pain (?) on the left side of my stomach.

I was wondering, since I have the band now. From now on would I have to find some sort of liquid medications for everything? Or could I still take regular meds (Let's say Tylenol), do I have to cut it up? How big is too big? I would hate to have medicine get stuck!

Also, what kind of Vitamins are everyone taking? I've been taking the chewable type, it's not that bad, actually tastes a bit like candy...

I am not sure about this either. I think it just depends on your stoma size and how restricted you are. I take zoloft, and the first day I dissolved it in Water and drank that. That was so nasty, I decided I would give swallowing the pill a shot. I broke it in half so it was smaller, and swallowed each piece separately. I am hardly restricted so this works fine for now. I am not sure what I am going to be doing in the future when I get a fill. As for Vitamins, I bought Centrum liquid, but it doesnt seem to have the variety as my One-a-Day Women's that I took before surgery. I think I am going to start crushing those and mixing them with yogurt or applesauce in a few days.

Has anyone heard of a liquid Ibuprofen that is not for kids?

I have headaches pretty much daily & am allergic to Tylenol products.

I think my advil tablet got stuck tonight, so I am hoping to find another option.

Before banding, I took Calcium-Magnesium 'horse pills'. My husband found that in liquid form for me today.

I am taking the chewable flinstone Vitamins, because I don't like the generic adult chewable vitamins I found. *yuck*

i take viactiv- Multivitamin & Calcium, chewable Fiber choice, folic acid- really little Vitamin, and i take my hair,skin, & nails from gnc- i cut that up.

what i am looking for now is chewable Iron pills that won't taste nasty. is there such a thing? i know i can google it, but anyone tried any? suggestions?

i take viactiv- Multivitamin & Calcium, chewable Fiber choice, folic acid- really little Vitamin, and i take my hair,skin, & nails from gnc- i cut that up.

what i am looking for now is chewable Iron pills that won't taste nasty. is there such a thing? i know i can google it, but anyone tried any? suggestions?

umm.. the word "chewable" and "iron pills" shouldn't be in the same sentence... sorry to say this but that sounds yucky.

I went on Sam's club website and was able to find a bunch of liquid Vitamins. it might tastes better if you could find Iron supplements in a form of liquid!

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for postings!

you can contact your local natropath and they can hook you up with liquid multivitamin that is a much higher quality then childrens chewables or even a local health food store. I put mine in a small Breakfast smoothie along with flax seed oil and fish oil,sounds gross but it is seriously good for you and camoflauged well with blueberries!

I find that my Iron pills are tiny enough to swallow. So are my insomnia & ulcer pills.

I solved my ibuprophen problem by using my pill crusher. I just turn it enough so the pills crack into 5-6 pieces. Those go down fine.

thanks love!! i'll go to GNC this weekend & see what sizes they have.

i didn't know those Iron pills were small enough! cool:biggrin2:

I take a generic form of chewable Centrum and while it's not my favorite thing, it's not that bad. I do use liquid Tylenol and I've been crushing my Zoloft and allergy med in a pill crusher and eating it w/a couple spoonfuls of applesauce...if I don't do it just right I get that bitter taste and just have a little more applesauce to make it go away.

The thing I'm wondering is....I've been really pissy lately and at times I see the bad attitude I had before I started taking anti depressents. I'm not sure if I'm getting my full doses of Zoloft like I should by crushing it. I'm considering asking my Dr if there is a liquid form of that or maybe just uping my dose a little bit. It did cross my mind that I may be missing the caffiene from the Diet Cokes I no longer drink and it's turning me into a bitch, lol!