Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expensive Program fees and WLS

Guess I can't skip the fill ... Thank-you though for the warning I will keep my eyes shut .. I was wondering how they find the prot as I can't feel it yet..

I am doing ok with the hunger.. I keep a lot of Protein in my meals and I think that helps a lot.. I also sip sip sip ... I am following the rules like they will arrest me if I don't behave ...

One more goal and that is to get through my first fill and I will be a true bander..

How are you and how are things going ?? When do you go back to Dr D?

I am crossing my fingers for you and will say a big prayer too ..

You are really brave ..

weight.png

LOL, AZChick..... Yes, they will "arrest" you if you don't follow the rules! I like that.

Thanks for the kind words, BTW. I'm not brave, though-- just trying to get by. I don't know for sure when I'll be going back for my next appointment. Right now I'm in the process of waiting and wondering, waiting, and wondering.... remember that part? :tongue2: I'm just wanting to get through to the next phase of my journey, whatever that may be.

Do you think you might make it to the support group on Saturday?

I was originally going to go to Bridges orientation but they scared me off by telling me I needed to be on a 6 month medically supervised diet.

When I called WLIA they told me that according to BC/BS of Mass. that there was nothing stating about a 6 month medically supervised diet, (though it would be in my best interest to get to a primary care doctor and get started on a relationship with her and talk about the lap band and my goals etc) I just have to have documentation of my weight over the past 5 years. I also asked Bridges when I called when would they actually look into what was needed to be approved and they informed me they would process everything when I was done with the 6 month diet. Maybe I just need to call them again and see if I get a different answer? :ohmy:

That is what I thought about Bridges and 6 months, blah, blah.

When I finally started the process it went so quickly. Bridges did most of the paper work. I let them tell me what I needed for BCBS. Jumped through all the hoops and went to their Seminars. I was approved on the first try as Bridges had all the ducks in a row. I THOUGHT I was ready and knew all I needed to know. When I walked into St.Lukes on surgury morn, I knew I was more ready than I thought I was before the process.

I am 1 year out and and 55 pounds down. In the big picture, the getting ready is not really that long and SO important. I am glad now that I jumped through all the hoops and and have NO regrets.

Good Luck

Edited by judysue

EZMA,

How were the fees with Banner Gateway ? My partner and I both went today and were "CRUSHED" when we realizd our costs would be well over $5000. So we're4 postponing for 6 months till we get a few things paid down. We just relocated from MAUI so have a few debts.

any if=nfo will help:redface:

Wow that was an old post of mine!! So much has happened since then. I ended up getting Gastric Bypass from Dr Berger in Flagstaff on January 8 of this year and couldnt be happier. I am now down 87 pounds as of this morning!

BC/BS of Mass ended up being a breeze. Most importantly I picked the right surgery for me.

Good luck to everyone here!

EZMA,

How were the fees with Banner Gateway ? My partner and I both went today and were "CRUSHED" when we realizd our costs would be well over $5000. So we're4 postponing for 6 months till we get a few things paid down. We just relocated from MAUI so have a few debts.

any if=nfo will help:redface:

I had NO fees with Banner Gateway... my insurance picked up everything.

Granted, I had my psych evaluation done elsewhere, and that cost me $200 (I never got around to submitting the out-of-network paperwork to my insurance, otherwise they would have covered most of that as well).

But as far as I know, Banner Gateway does not have any "program fees."

Your insurance (or you, if you're self-pay) pays for all the required tests, and the procedure (including hospital facility fees, surgeon fees, anesthesiologist fees, etc).

Their support groups are free.... and they should be able to write you a prescription for the gym... so even if your insurance won't cover it, you can write it off on your taxes as a medical expense.