Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to take with you to Mexico

So I'm getting banded in Mexico in a little over 2 weeks. I am taking my birth certificate, Texas DL, digital camera, body pillow, a couple of trashy romance novels and my Protein powders. What else should I take with me for before/ after surgery?:confused2:

how long will you be staying in Mexico?

i had all these grand ideas that i was going to feel so good after my surgery that i brought books, my ipod, my hair dryer & curling Iron, pajamas and a change of clothes for the next day.

i never opened a book. i never turned on my ipod. i was in too much pain to take a shower and do my hair. i was hooked up to my IV so i never did put my pajamas on and i left in the same clothes i wore there. lol

so my advice would be to pack as little as possible! good luck on your new journey!

I LOVE Mexico, ENJOY. I wish you good luck on less post op pain exploring Mexico. That is a great way to do this. Be sure you keep your passport with you at all times..Oh yea, always take a camera!!! ENJOY!!

Did your doctor say you will be able to use Protein Powder the first few days after surgery? Most of them want you on clear fluids for the first couple of days.

I will just be over the border and only for 3-4 days, 3 of those post-op, so I don't plan on sight seeing much. I've lived on the border before and the amusement is gone for me. I need to take something for gas right?

Who's banding you? I had a great experience...almost one year ago! I heard take gas strips, ice bag, loose fitting pants, tea bags, liquid Tylenol, Protein powder, heating pad, slippers or socks with the rubbery things on bottom, lotion, cash. I packed too much and didn't use any of it. The day following surgery, I walked miles, had fruit juices and broth, shopped, soaked my feet in the pool and slept very well. I was able to buy some great pain reliever (same one they gave me at the clinic) at a Pharmacia in town. The only hiccup was getting the juices I bought down there on the plane home, but they let me.

Good luck!