Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here and grateful!

Hi, I'm new here and soooo glad I found this site (actually was referred to me from someone on the Obesity Help site).

I was all set to go to Mexico and put down my money, then I came here and found out there were 2 doctors right here in the Lower Mainland. They never came up on all my google searches and other research I had done.

So today I called Dr. Woodhead's office in Delta and they faxed me over the forms and I am going to do it here instead of Mexico. I know it will be an extra $5000 but I just feel so much better about it.

Anyways, so nice to meet you all and know that there are people here locally that I can get support from and give support back to.

Anita

Welcome and I'm glad you found us!!! The little bit of extra money is worth the ease of mind of having clinical support close by.

Hi Anita, welcome. I was just banded by Dr Woodhead on May 14. The first 3-4 days were hard but I feel great now. Maybe I'll bump into you at his office sometime.

Cassie

Hope Dr. Woodhead starts his own website soon. When I got my last fill, it was mentioned he was going to. I go to him for fills

Hi Anita,

That was me referring you here from Obesity Help. I'm so glad that you have decided to go local with your surgeon. Although many people have wonderful experiences with Mexico clinics, aftercare is a problem.

Alex

Hi Anita,

That was me referring you here from Obesity Help. I'm so glad that you have decided to go local with your surgeon. Although many people have wonderful experiences with Mexico clinics, aftercare is a problem.

Alex

Thankyou Alex, I have met so many new people that I've lost track! Are you in this area too?

Anita

Hi Anita, welcome. I was just banded by Dr Woodhead on May 14. The first 3-4 days were hard but I feel great now. Maybe I'll bump into you at his office sometime.

Cassie

Hi Cassie

Wow, so you are just starting out on this journey too then. Does he do it at Delta Hospital? Is there a pre-op diet? How long were you off work? Ooooo, so many questions for you!

Anita

Thankyou Alex, I have met so many new people that I've lost track! Are you in this area too?

Anita

No - I'm in Toronto. I am fortunate to be close to the TLBC. In fact, the clinic is only five minutes from my office so I can walk there for fills. Best thing I have ever done for myself.

Yep, surgery at Delta hospital. It is the most wonderful hospital. Small but clean and the staff are all wonderful. My husband still can't believe that the parking there is free.

I took 1 week off of work and that was just perfect for me. I probably could have gone back earlier if I had to but I would have wanted at least 4-5 days off in a row for sure.

Dr Woodhead didn't seem to be as adamant on a pre-op diet as I've heard other doctors are. I'm not sure if that varies by patient or not. My BMI was 39 pre-surgery and I didn't really follow a pre-op diet. I lost 3 lbs before surgery and that was it. But after the surgery Dr W said that my liver was great and the band placed 'nicely'.

Any other questions feel free to ask although I have to admit that I'm doing lots of asking myself. I'm not as clever as I think I am.

Thanks Cassie. I have heard that BMI's over 40 do require a pre-op diet, and mine is 49, so likely I will have one. I'm glad that things are going well with you. let's keep each other posted ok?

Anita

Hey Anita; Great news on your decision to stay in Canada. With the Band its really more about aftercare than the actual surgery..IMHO

Good luck

Yep, surgery at Delta hospital. It is the most wonderful hospital. Small but clean and the staff are all wonderful. My husband still can't believe that the parking there is free.

I took 1 week off of work and that was just perfect for me. I probably could have gone back earlier if I had to but I would have wanted at least 4-5 days off in a row for sure.

Dr Woodhead didn't seem to be as adamant on a pre-op diet as I've heard other doctors are. I'm not sure if that varies by patient or not. My BMI was 39 pre-surgery and I didn't really follow a pre-op diet. I lost 3 lbs before surgery and that was it. But after the surgery Dr W said that my liver was great and the band placed 'nicely'.

Any other questions feel free to ask although I have to admit that I'm doing lots of asking myself. I'm not as clever as I think I am.

yeah...new to website but now getting date tommorwo for surgery..... lets keep in touch... Kathy

Katie 59. Hope you get an early date. Good luck. Did we meet at the Lion's Gate last night meeting? If not, please come and join us if you can. There are now 13 of us. Everyone from different ages to different clinics to different times of having the band. The experiences shared was wonderful.