Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you drinking? Liquid stage suggestions...

I am on FULL liquids (creamy Soups, yogurt, pudding, etc) until June 6th. AND I am supposed to have 54 grams of Protein a day (yeah right)...boy is it hard!

I am looking for new ideas...I think I am hungry, but it may just be gas. :cool2:

I have been drinking alot of apple juice and Water. And Decaf ice tea. I had half of a protien drink yesterdy - it was delish...banana Peanut Butter. I have the vanilla soy Protein from GNC, but have yet to try it. I am also going to start making the slim fast shakes soon...I'll need them for work for sure.

I have also tried some cream of wheat and was only able to get down a few spoonfuls. That's about it...I am not getting in enough calories for sure.

What are you guys having?

I can't wait to progress to mushies, I want some tuna or some refried Beans and cheese! :thumbdown:

I have posted these Soup recipes in a lot of places, but I will post them here as well. This should help you get the Protein that you need. You will need to thin them down to the consistancy that your doctor allows.

Soup recipes

Roasted Tomato with Roasted Garlic

This recipe yielded about 1 cup.

Ingredients:

½ container of grape tomatoes

4-6 cloves of garlic (depends on size and strength of garlic desired)

4 oz of silken tofu

2 TBSP of fresh basil (2-3 tsp of dried basil)

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Peal the garlic and wrap in a small piece of aluminum foil.

2. Place the tomatoes on a cookie sheet and spray with PAM, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3. Put the tomatoes and garlic in a 350 degree oven until done.

a. Tomatoes will burst and shrivel a bit

b. Garlic will be soft and mash easily with a fork

c. Tomatoes will probably finish before the garlic

4. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a food processor (or blender)

5. Add the tofu and blend until almost smooth.

6. Heat through and add the finely chopped basil at the end.

7. Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors blend.

8. If necessary thin out with FF evaporated milk.

Grilled Asparagus Soup

Ingredients:

¼ pound or more of asparagus

2-3 cloves of garlic (depends on size and strength of garlic desired)

4 oz of silken tofu

¼ small onion (more or less depending on taste)

¼ -1/3 cup of LF shredded cheese.

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Either boil grill on BBQ (much better!) the asparagus until just undercooked.

a. To grill on BBQ spray with PAM and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in aluminum foil if you do not have a flat grill on BBQ.

2. Sautee garlic, onions and cooked asparagus

3. Place veggies in a food processor (or blender)

4. Add the tofu and blend until smooth.

5. Add FF evaporated milk until correct texture.

6. Heat to desired temperature

Sautéed Mushroom and tuna Soup

(This was my way of eating tuna noodle casserole…soup style!)

Ingredients:

½ pound or more of mushrooms (any kind will work)

2-3 cloves of garlic (depends on size and strength of garlic desired)

4 oz of silken tofu or white Beans

¼ small onion (more or less depending on taste)

1 can of tuna fish

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Sautee mushrooms, garlic and onions until desired texture.

2. Add to food processor or blender.

3. Add 4oz of silken tofu or ½ can of white Beans (depending on your taste!)

4. Add drained tuna fish (or any other canned fish)

5. Puree to desired texture.

6. Heat and add FF evaporated milk to thin if needed

So as you can see, the base for these Soups is pretty much the same. If you don’t like tofu I would assume that white canned beans would work just as well. Experiment with different spices, add a little parmesan cheese, or different veggies. Right now you shouldn’t be worrying as much about calories, but rather about healing. If you would like add meat to any of these it would work just fine. Ground chicken, hamburger, and ground turkey all pulverize very well. You will most likely just have to thin it out with the FF evaporated milk. That one ingredient has changed my way of cooking. Once you graduate to real foods you can have chicken Alfredo for VERY few calories by using this one ingredient.

Another soup that has good flavor is to just take some refried beans and beef stock. It has a lot of flavor and a lot of Protein to keep you fuller longer. Also take some spaghetti sauce and add some pulverized veggies to it and it makes it better. Adding some pureed white beans also helps it feel like more food.

Hi, Lexy

Welcome to the world of bandsters. I was banded on the 5th of May and I am felling great. When I was on liquids this is what I tried: chicken Ramen Soup without the noodles, Tomato Soup with sour cream in it, Lemonaide, tea, went out to eat and orderd french onion soup without cheese and bread of course and I use the Unury for Protein. Hope this helps, and good luck.:cool2:

Hey Lexy - was banded yesterday 22nd. Yipee!!

I found a great Protein drink at GNC called Isopure. Each bottle is 20 oz. of liquid with 40 g of Protein. I have to drink 85 g of protein per my nutritionist, so I am drinking 2 bottles of this each day and filling in with other Proteins. It kind of looks and tastes like cool-aid. Not bad - especially if cooled.

Hope all continues to go well with you! (and me!!)

Terri :cursing:

Hey Terri! Congrats on being banded!!! I will have to give that drink a try! 40g of protien in one drink sounds like a great way to get it in!! Is it really expensive?

i was banded on may 16th and i'm still on liquids. my doctor said i could have egg drop soup.. good amount of Protein in that! you can always buy unflavored Protein Powder and add a scoop to any Soups or liquids so you make sure you get your protein for the day. hope all goes well!

Hey Terri! Congrats on being banded!!! I will have to give that drink a try! 40g of protien in one drink sounds like a great way to get it in!! Is it really expensive?

It isn't too bad. THis is what I drank when I was first banded. I got it at GNC and got their gold card (which cost 15 dollars) but I saved that amount when I bought a couple cases of the drinks. Just make sure they are REALLY cold. If they get warm the Protein can start to clump...then they are YUCKY!

Muscle Milk - where do you get that? Does is come in chocolate or strawberry?

I am not having any problems with the Isopure, just tried the apple melon and it tastes quite good! I love that drinking 2 bottles gets me almost to my 85 grams of protein! I also did the gold card and I am sure that I will get my money's worth out of it. Of course I missed last weeks sale on the Isopure, but I think it was about $4.00 per bottle, but my liquid is only 5 days, so it was worth $40 not to be hassled with mixing anything!

I will check out the muscle milk though.

Thanks for all the tips!!

Terri

Wow Salsa - I just checked your ticker - 100 pounds - that's great!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

Terri:thumbup:

Wow Salsa - I just checked your ticker - 100 pounds - that's great!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

Terri:thumbup:

Thank you...I hope that I can inspire people. That is why I am so open and honest about everything I have done. I found a great "band mom" on here that has truly inspired me. I am too young to be a mom though...but I can certainly be a friend. Good luck and if you ever need anything, just PM me!

Thanks Salsa - It is nice of you to go into other threads and give tips and information for us newbies to being banded!

Terri:wub:

I'm trying to find some unflavored Protein powder. Every type I find is either chocolate or vanilla and is for shakes. I want some I can add to everything. I'm supposed to get 60 g of protein in a day and the shakes I have been drinking are yummy (their the Atkins chocolate ones) but they don't have as much protein as I need, So I figured I would find some unflavored I can add to Soup and yogurt and pudding, etc.

I'm trying to find some unflavored Protein powder. Every type I find is either chocolate or vanilla and is for shakes. I want some I can add to everything. I'm supposed to get 60 g of Protein in a day and the shakes I have been drinking are yummy (their the Atkins chocolate ones) but they don't have as much protein as I need, So I figured I would find some unflavored I can add to Soup and yogurt and pudding, etc.

I ordered mine from unjury.com It isn't bad. Not too expensive either. They have a bunch of flavors as well as unflavored.