Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to figure this out

Thanks for the (food) support guys. I didn't think I was overeating, perhaps too much spag bol but as for the other stuff, I thought that it would be about right. I still get hungry between meals, which is why I suspect I need more fill in my band!

I just can't move the weight. I am stuck and I am eating far less than I was preband so you would think the weight would be dropping off - even if it is slow at least it could be consistent. This is where I lose focus as there's no incentive to be good when you are already good and nothing is happening. Also my weight is distributed all around my butt and my legs - there's nothing else to lose around my top half (well my arms could do with toning) so I suspect it will get harder and harder.

I might have a day on Protein shakes and a salad for dinner and see how I go. I also suspect that the muscles are developing more as I am so much fitter and can get around the netball court more than I have before. I can actually play two games back to back without feeling like I am going to die!

I also just got my hands on some copies of Body Pump which I loved to do a couple of years ago and actually was quite nicely toned for my weight. So I am going to do a couple of sessions over the weekend and probably be very sore, but I think I need to also step up my exercise. I think my body is so used to the two games of netball I play that it needs more!

I just wish the scales would move even a fraction.....

Peek, I would not agree with you on the liquid diet. If you are hungry now between meals, that is going to make it much worse. The liquid will just go right through your band. You need solids to stay in your pouch for longer periods and thus will keep you from feeling hungry so fast.

You may need another fill, or maybe you just need to bump up a few more calories during the day. You can add in a few tiny Snacks (100 calories or less) to kill that hunger and it will bring up your caloric intake. Your body needs to know you are not starving it.

Good luck!

Thanks LMBA. I didn't do the liquids thing after all. After thinking about it I was pretty sure it wasn't going to benefit me. I see the doc for another fill on the 10th June so I will wait to see if there's been a loss then. I am content at the moment that I am doing everything right. It's just such a bummer not to have the scales move in 6 weeks.

I will discuss my ups and downs with the doc and hope that he does at least 1ml fill which would take me to 7ml. He says most people get to the sweet spot between 7 and 8ml.

I am trying to keep positive.

My fill is on June 10th too Peek. I'll be crossing my fingers for you too.

I'm glad you decided against that! I'm not totally against liquids - I do have one first thing in the morning to kick start my metabolism and I have no time to eat as well as calming my hunger pangs at 5:30 am. I'm even a little tight then so it doesn't bother me too much but during the rest of the day I need solids to sustain me.

I need a fill too, and bad. A serving size tuna packet with two slices of bread and a slice of cheese with crackers even didn't fill me up. I had to throw in a handful of store bought frozen popcorn chicken to top me off.

June 13th can't get here soon enough!

Today I had porridge and a banana for breaky, 100g tin tuna and a cucumber with 200g yoghurt and probably some spag bol for dinner before I go to netball. I think this is still too much, as I am still hungry with a small amount of resriction. What do you think?

Peek,

I am soooooooooooooo american. Please decifer....I am sure that porridge is what I might call oatmeal? Breaky is Breakfast or snack break? 100g tin is a small can? and 200g is probably a small container of yougurt? Net Ball? Tennis/Volleyball.....some kind of ball with a net? Please say that I am right so far.......

But to figure out what spag bol is, I am probably going to either have to have you interpret or come to visit you in your beautiful country. Help!!

Have to admit I was thrown too. I did google spag bol and it was spaghetti bolognese. Hope it was right. LOL I guessed the same as you on the other stuff too. Our metric conversion didn't go too well in the 70s.

It makes me wish that I would have paid more attention to metric conversions in 5th grade, when they said that by the time I was grown, it would all be metric. (Oops, it just didn't catch on!) They also said that by the time I was grown that it would be too expensive to drive. Well, they were partially right!