Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

I'm pretty proud of myself for getting thru Txsgiving. I even still enjoyed my Butterscotch pecan cake, a little sweet potatoe pie, and some choc truffles...not all in one sitting, mind you! Went for my 4th fill today. Now have 5cc in a 10. Since close to my goal weight, I'm losing 1lb per wk, not the old 2lbs...but hey, I'm feeling great and still have yet to experience PB'ing/sliming to date!!!

I'm pretty proud of myself for getting thru Txsgiving. I even still enjoyed my Butterscotch pecan cake, a little sweet potatoe pie, and some choc truffles...not all in one sitting, mind you! Went for my 4th fill today. Now have 5cc in a 10. Since close to my goal weight, I'm losing 1lb per wk, not the old 2lbs...but hey, I'm feeling great and still have yet to experience PB'ing/sliming to date!!!

My losses are slowing too. In fact, have lost nothing for 2 weeks. Congrats on getting through Thanksgiving. I felt good with how I did as well. I just got my 6th fill on Wed. hope that kick starts the losses again!

That's great! I slime a lot when I eat.

Are you too tight? taking too big of bites? doesn't sound good to slime so much. Hope it gets better for you.

NeverB4 you are doing great. I noticed that we had our surgery on the same day & are the same age. Can you provide any secrets to your success? Are you exercising regulary? I haven't lost any weight in months. On my fill before last I went from 6cc in a 10cc band to 6.5. I was fine in the office then 24 hours later I couldn't even keep my own saliva down & was experiencing bad night-time reflux for the first time. I went back for an unfill of .25. I could then keep liquids down but still had trouble with solids & still had night-time reflux bad. So I went back a few days later & they removed .2 leaving me with 6.05. After that I had no restriction to speak of. So last Monday was time for my next fill (they are scheduled 6 weeks apart). She put in .2 getting me back to 6.25. I still have minimal restriction. It is weird because I don't even have as much restriction as I did before the last fill but I'm supposed to have more in me. I'm trying to get my head on straight & get back to the rules so I'll survive Christmas. Next fill is scheduled for the 4th of January. Thanks for any advice.

Are you too tight? taking too big of bites? doesn't sound good to slime so much. Hope it gets better for you.

No, I'm not too tight, I just eat too fast at times, especially when I am really hungry and I've waited too long to eat.

No, I'm not too tight, I just eat too fast at times, especially when I am really hungry and I've waited too long to eat.

Before banding, I thought it sounded easy to take small bites and not eat too fast. Simple right? WRONG! I do the same thing and that's when I get stuck or PB. And then I think DUH!! what did you do that for? And almost always I am either really hungry, or am in a social setting and not paying close enough attention to how much I am chewing or bite size. Between that and not drinking during meals I find to be the most difficult aspect about the bandster lifestyle.

Hello May bandsters it's been along time since I've posted. I 'm having the same problem in that I forget to take small bites or I wait to long. My problem is that I can usually go till about 12:30 or 1:00 P.M. before I'm hungry, and then I eat to fast. However, I've lost at total of 119 . . . horray . . and I feel so much better. (Includes 25lbs preop). No more aches in the knees, and I can get around like a new person. Soon as I get a chance I will put before and now pictures up. Happy holidays to everyone! :thumbup:

Edited by Yukiko

NeverB4 you are doing great. I noticed that we had our surgery on the same day & are the same age. Can you provide any secrets to your success? Are you exercising regulary? I haven't lost any weight in months. On my fill before last I went from 6cc in a 10cc band to 6.5. I was fine in the office then 24 hours later I couldn't even keep my own saliva down & was experiencing bad night-time reflux for the first time. I went back for an unfill of .25. I could then keep liquids down but still had trouble with solids & still had night-time reflux bad. So I went back a few days later & they removed .2 leaving me with 6.05. After that I had no restriction to speak of. So last Monday was time for my next fill (they are scheduled 6 weeks apart). She put in .2 getting me back to 6.25. I still have minimal restriction. It is weird because I don't even have as much restriction as I did before the last fill but I'm supposed to have more in me. I'm trying to get my head on straight & get back to the rules so I'll survive Christmas. Next fill is scheduled for the 4th of January. Thanks for any advice.

Betty, the secret to my success is simply the Lord's doing while following my doc's instructions. I get 60-80gms Protein daily, eat 3meals per day at limit of 1/2-1cup portions (tighter in am). I limit bad carbs and only eat good ones when i do (brown rice, whloe wheat brd, wheat pastas). But I still enjoy my little sweets from time-to-time! And if I snack between meals, I choose high protein, whole grain ones (love Kashi's pumkin spice granola bars). I do my 64oz of Water per day, 2-3 servings of FF milk, and limit caffeine to 2cups per day (I use half-caf coffee!!) Any Condiments (mayo, sour crm, cheese, etc) are LF types. I mix walk and running, 2.5-3 miles 5-6 days/wk. I also do arm strength training. Since my fill last Thursday, I've noticed a whole new feeling now when I eat. Well, I'm still in liquid stage (doc likes 2 days each of CL, FL, then soft before going back to norm). Had a cup of french onion Soup last night at Applebees and the very mushy bread was not going down too well. Today, my pudding is doing the same! My doc's PA said 5-6cc ofr a 10cc band is usually the sweet spot...gosh I hope so because that was my last free fill. I go every 6wks too and the next one will be $200. My doc says to give 2wks for final fill outcome. He's only concerned for major problems...not being able to swalllow at all, nausea. As long as I can get it down, I'll hang and see what happens in 2 more wks! You're still doing great yourself!! Don't get discouraged because you know what it takes to make this happen!! Good luck to your success.

Before banding, I thought it sounded easy to take small bites and not eat too fast. Simple right? WRONG! I do the same thing and that's when I get stuck or PB. And then I think DUH!! what did you do that for? And almost always I am either really hungry, or am in a social setting and not paying close enough attention to how much I am chewing or bite size. Between that and not drinking during meals I find to be the most difficult aspect about the bandster lifestyle.

Yea, I used to think the same thing, how hard could it be? But it is hard to remember sometimes! I especially have a harder time eating slow when I am pushed for time. Like Breakfast in the mornings before work. I don't always get up in time to take the time to eat. And I only get a 30 minute lunch break, so sometimes it is hard not to eat fast because I am trying to rush. Not drinking with meals used to be hard, but I have gotten used to that. The hardest part about that is convincing people that I really don't want anything to drink with my food. You would think my husband would be used to that by now, but he still asks.

My mom knows I'm not supposed to drink too...but she still will ask me or comment "you're not wanting anything?" Not drinking is no biggy for me. I was always the one with only 2 sips gone anyways from my glass at the dinner table!