Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

:confused:Any help, assistance, or comments would be appreciated.... I am worried. I was banded in JUNE. I had one fill July to 2.5cc and then to 4.5cc - I only lost about 15 lbs. as of mid August ----- NO RESTRICTION. Today, after being gone for a month oversees I came back to get another fill - I'd lost NO weight since my last fill and in fact gained back 3 lbs. so I am at only 12 lbs or so LOST. So today he said he filled me to 9cc - I asked ... "my god, how much more can you put in there? and he said you have a big band - 20cc... this is after I got a huge lecture on that I wasn't supposed to be eating anything, I wasn't controlling portions, and that I had probably lost all the weight I was going to loose, etc., etc., - he basically scolded me the whole time. I told him I had no restriction and he commented that I wasn't supposed to, that first I needed to not eat more than a few bites at each meal. I am totally frustrated and confused. I have had no control over my portions, I admit it, but I have had no restriction at all to help me out. He is basically telling me that my band is working because I won't stop eating. HELP HELP HELP.... what can I do now? I now feel HUGE restriction and am sipping everything and I definatly feel a difference. Do you think he is just trying to get me motivated? Is it normal to NOT have restriction and NOT loose weight during the first few fills. I feel like a big failure - PLEASE HELP!!

hopefulebndr, the restriction part doesn't really happen until we reach our sweet sopt. Until then, it's vital that WE ourselves restrict what we eat. My doc, his nurse, and his nutritionist all stressed before banding that we have to work it ourselves first. And that can take 5-6mos per their say. I'm almost 6mos with 4.5 in a 10cc band and I have to say I now understand what they meant by that. I could eat to my heart's content due to lack of restriction. I have yet to even PB or slime. I have worked very hard for the 76lbs I've lost, making myself stick to only 1/2 to 3/4 cup each meal. Now this may not be your issue at hand, but just a friendly reminder...we have to work the band first ourselves before we can rely on that restriction.

hopefulebndr such is the frustration of having this band. If we could control our eating we would be thin without the band! I too struggled with portion size and until I had restriction it was almost impossible, again if I had that will power I wouldn't have gotten a band. You have such a large band it's going to take a few more fills to get that needed restriction. Just keep on that doctor of yours and keep getting regular fills and then the weight will start to come off! Good Luck.

Hang in there! I'm going for my 4th fill in a couple weeks and over past two months, since my last fill, I've had a very difficult time gained control. I am finding that chicken, shrimp, tuna....just won't go down or stay down....so I do have some restriciton, but yeast rolls no problem to eat! And as NY2LAGIRL says, If we could control our eating, we would NEED to have the Band! It takes time to find the right amount of fill and time to adjust to losing the weight and the hardest part for me, keeping the weight off! Good luck! Keep us posted! We're all in this together and these boards are great for support and answering 'real' questions.

That doctor sounds really mean! I wouldn't like being talked to like that. My doctor told me that they don't really expect you to lose a whole lot until after a few fills. I think his behavior was uncalled for.

I had my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago and I am now restricted. Oh I thought I was restricted before because I did PB many times. But this time is different. I physically can not eat more than half a cup if that. Different foods react differently. I can't gulp down more than 4 oz of Water at a time. My chest just wants to explode and i feel so miserable. I have 2.5 cc in a 4 cc band. I am now starting to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Be careful what you wish for though. I enjoy cooking. Imagine making lasagne, sitting down with the family and having just 3 small bites. Smelling food and not being able to eat it. Going to a restaurant. getting through an appetizer or salad and then boxing up the entree without even trying it. And the worse part of all -- being so hard headed in breaking habits that you force the food and end up for the next 3 hours in pain and misery all the while trying to chuck it all back up. This is not good. When will I learn this new lifestyle?!

It's been a long time since I've posted. Everything is going better than I dreamed! I've lost 65 lbs!! I can now shop (barely) in the non-plus size clothes. I am very excited but also very nervouse. I am not use to sucess with diets. It was actually hard to purchase those first pair of size 16's! And the uncoming holidays are worring me abit. I don't want to stop losing or heaven forbid gain any weight. Enough worrying..... I am really happy about my progress!!:)

MissMeliss

Good for you! Don't be nervous! EMBRACE your good health.

I was banded the day after you and am following in your footsteps...I am down 64.5 today! I want to lose another 10 and then--goal!

Keep going! We can all do it.....it honestly works--it WE work it!

I hit 78 lbs!! I know what you mean about scary buying those size 16's. I just recently got my first ever size 16 jeans at the Gap. Part of me is so afraid of getting rid of the large clothes. It's like I feel like an imposter at this size. Never have I been this successful in the past. I have to pinch myself and see if I am dreaming.

I'm just following my doc's and nutritionist's plan. 3 meals a day, under 3/4 cup each. high Protein, low bad carbs. If I snack on reg basis, it's usually 1/2cup of LF cottage cheese. I still enjoy my sweets once in a while...and pizza! I take in average of 70gms protein each day and very briskly walk 2.5 to 3.5 miles 5-6 days a week along with arm strength exercises. I have been bad this past week though, me and family are sick. I've only lost from no appetite to eat this week, surely not from lack of exercise!!

Of course I am eating. I eat 4 oz mini meals about 5 times a day. 80% of that lean, hard protien, not drinking with meals (that's hard) and going to the gym at least 3 days a week. I need to up that now though.

I am eating....but a lot less. High Protien/Low Carbs and I try to not eat sweets, period. Sugars make me retain Water as well as gain weight. No real exercise yet but I see that in my very near future. I was very lucky, I had full restriction by my 3rd fill, infact I had to have some removed (literally I could not swallow my own spit, sorry to be gross)

Thanks for the kind words ladies!! I had forgotten how nice you all were!

:blink:DH bought Twix, Reeses, Snickers and Almond Joys for Halloween....Has he lost his mind? I am going to be loading kids up tomorrow!! Please don't leave me alone with the good chocolate stuff!! No matter how tight you are ... Chocolate goes down smooth!