Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just banded 5/6/2008

thanks kellygirl for your reply:rolleyes2: My diet is very limited until the 20th. I can have 10 oz of slim fast optima with 2 scoops of Protein Powder (2 oz 6 times a day.) In between my 6 meals I can sip on Water, sugar free Jello or popsicles, Decaf tea with splenda or chicken or beef broth. It's making for a long 2 week, but it will be worth it in the end. I just want to get enough energy to be able to function normally at work. I am walking on the treadmill some and around the neighborhood, but it's tiring. Congrats to everyone recently banded and I pray that we all reach our goals and keep it off. I'm remaining positive.:thumbup:

You are already two steps ahead of the game!!! I can hardly muster up enough strength to walk to the mailbox! Keep up the great work!

I am also a 5/6 and am so happy to hear of others in my boat. I drank a Protein Drink every day for 3months for Breakfast. After surgery I drank 2 Protein Drinks then felt nauseaus and have not been able to down my Protein since. I am starving and yet can't seem to drink that protein drink. Next week I can start mushies. I'm dreaming of eggs already.

EGGGS.....yummy!!!!! I got mad because I forgot to buy some at Wallyworld yesterday. I know the greeter is tired of seeing me-ha!

I like to use chocolate slim fast low carb (less sugar) a 1/2 cup of milk, 2 scoops of vanilla Protein powder, and 1 Tblsp of peanut butter...i liquify it in the blender, it makes about 20 oz..pour it in a water bottle and take it with me for breakfast (takes me about 2 hrs of sipping to drink it all) so that way by 11am i have already consumed 50g of protein for the day, and i dont have to worry so much about having high protein for lunch/dinner....i also had my 1 week followup appt today and got the green light for pureed food, i was so excited to read that i can have pureed tuna salad and even pureed mac and cheese...i really needed something different after a week of shakes and cream of potato Soup in the blender lol..i go back for my first fill in a month :cry_smile:

From the replies it looks as if the diets after being banded are very different. Kelly you're going to get that strength you need. Outside of walking I've also been doing laundry & vacuuming, etc to keep from sitting still. Just gotta keep moving:rolleyes2:

I was banded on the 7th. I haven't had any problems drinking. I have an 8 oz Protein Shake for breakfast and soft food like yogurt, mashed pototoes, SF pudding, SF popcicles and Jello the rest of the time. I haven't had any pains, just a little sore. Tonight is my first night back to work. :thumbup:

I feel really great today. And I have so enjoyed my 2oz meals :thumbup:)

I got a little hungry and hr ago when my kids asked what was for supper. My daughter threw in a shepard's pie in the micro...I felt much better after I took a little bit of potatoes of and thinned out with Water and some Mrs. Dash. I'm actually full now!! I just can't get over how amazing this is...so far :thumbup:)

I'm remaining positive, but I'm about to lose it with these Protein Shakes. Also the optisource Vitamins they have me taking are just out of the question. I can't stand the taste of them. I would just like something like mashed potatoes or a soft scrambled egg or even some cream Soup. Just liquid for 2 weeks is a lot harder than people think. I've been compliant though. I go get my staples out tomorrow and cannot wait. I think I want to talk to my doctor about diet choices. Some of your diets seem a bit more versatile than mine. The diet I'm on is the same as gastric by-pass patients. Well enough complaining, because I have lost 19 pounds.:leaving: I'm just worried about this Protein thing, because I don't want to lose my hair which is already thin.

I'm remaining positive, but I'm about to lose it with these Protein Shakes. Also the optisource Vitamins they have me taking are just out of the question. I can't stand the taste of them. I would just like something like mashed potatoes or a soft scrambled egg or even some cream Soup. Just liquid for 2 weeks is a lot harder than people think. I've been compliant though. I go get my staples out tomorrow and cannot wait. I think I want to talk to my doctor about diet choices. Some of your diets seem a bit more versatile than mine. The diet I'm on is the same as gastric by-pass patients. Well enough complaining, because I have lost 19 pounds.:wink_smile: I'm just worried about this Protein thing, because I don't want to lose my hair which is already thin.

Try taking 2 Flintstones chewable vitamins. Thats what I take.......not bad.

WOW..again, everyone has such different directions.

I had surgery on 5/5. I was given custard as soon as I left he recovery room and was in my room. I must say I was shocked. I could have full liquids from teh beginning. I cannot say that those first few days I ate much of anything. Some Jello, some Protein shakes...

But now I can have mushies and I am eternally grateful. Fish and potatoes and milk in the blender is delish.

I went away this past weekend for a conference. I must admit that after the 2 hour drive..that turned into three because I tooka wrong turn, I slept a LOT. I actually didn't get to socialize much at all because I would sleep after all my meetings.

The chef was wonderful! He made special meals for me and they were wonderful.

I am a teacher and still have not gone back to work. I was planning to go back tomorrow but decided I just was not ready. Still have low energy an dmy kindergartners take a lot of energy!

The school nurse has said to stay home all this week and even next if I am not feeling 100%..but I am planning on going back on Thursday.

Anyway...our energy will increase each day and we will all be grateful when we can get into smaller clothes or walk longer distances.

Cindi

I have one wk of full liqs left...and fish/milk/potatoes in blender sound awesome already!!! I can hace cassaroles for my soft diet coming up next, so I may invent a mahi-mahi one since no one's eating it in the freeze!! But since I'll be limited to 1/4cup each serving, I need to go buy some of those indiv casserole dishes. Because my family hates mahi-mahi if it's not fried!!!

It's me again! Got staples out today and progressed to stage 2 (pureed) food. I was so happy. I can have applesauce, cream Soups, eggs, mashed potatoes, and pudding. I had a cup of granny smith sugar-free applesauce and it was absolutely wonderful. Good things come to those who wait.:scared2: Also tried the flintstone Vitamins and I think they are going to be doable (thanks witchblade):thumbup: First fill scheduled for 6/6/08:smile2: Back to work 5/21/08. Feeling really good today 15lbs by their scales with clothes & shoes on 19 by my scales in the raw), either way that is wonderful. I was 293 before pre-op diet in April and 280.5 on day of surgery. Today 265.:(

I was banded last Friday (5/16) and have lost 9#. I am still on the liquid diet. I haven't been that hungry yet but from what I read here I guess I have that to look forward to.

It's me again! Got staples out today and progressed to stage 2 (pureed) food. I was so happy. I can have applesauce, cream Soups, eggs, mashed potatoes, and pudding. I had a cup of granny smith sugar-free applesauce and it was absolutely wonderful. Good things come to those who wait.:) Also tried the flintstone Vitamins and I think they are going to be doable (thanks witchblade):) First fill scheduled for 6/6/08:smile2: Back to work 5/21/08. Feeling really good today 15lbs by their scales with clothes & shoes on 19 by my scales in the raw), either way that is wonderful. I was 293 before pre-op diet in April and 280.5 on day of surgery. Today 265.:thumbup:

You had staples! I didn't even have stitches just tape.Everyone is so different. I'm glad you tried the victims.

I was banded May 7th. I had at least one Protein Shake for energy a day. Mix it with 3 or 4 oz. of Water, 2 ice cubes; makes it thick and cold. I also mix a dannon lite yogurt (5gm protein) and some vanilla extract, Protein powder and spoon it for breakfast; it is nice to eat with a spoon. I just had a fill today, and am on liquids for a day, then soft foods for a day. You can blend anything on the liquid days for variety, such as chunky Soups. Eating enough protein helps keep you full longer.