Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Top 20 Worst Things to Order

I got this in an email a little while back and thought it would be good to post on here. Some of the things were quite surprising.

20: Worst Fast-food chicken Meal - Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's (5 pieces) with cream ranch sauce.

830 Calories, 55 grams fat (4.5 trans fat), 48 carbs. Add a large

fries and regular soda and this seemingly innocuous chicken meal

tops out at 1,710 calories.

19: Worst drink - Jamba juice chocolate Moo'd Power smoothie (30

fl oz). 900 calories, 10 g fat, 183 carbs, 166 g sugar. Jamba Juice

calls it a smoothie, MSNBC calls it a milk shake. The beverage

contains as much sugar as 8 pints of Ben & Jerry's butter pecan ice cream.

18: Worst supermarket meal - Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie). 1,020 calories, 64 g fat, 86 g carbs. Label may

say this pie serves two, but, who ever divided a small pot pie

in half? Once you crack th e crust, there will be no stopping.

17: Worst 'healthy' burger - Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger.

1,145 calories, 71 g fat, 56 g carbs.

16: Worst Mexican entree - Chipotle Mexican Grill Chicken Burrito.

1,179 calories, 47 g fat, 125 g carbs, 2,656 mg sodium.

15: Worst kids' meal - macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n' cheese.< /strong>

1,210 calories, 62 g fat, 3,450 mg sodium. It's like feeding your

kid 1-1/2 boxes of Kraft mac 'n' cheese.

14: Worst sandwich - Quiznos Classic Italian (large). 1,528

calories, 92 g fat, 4,604 mg sodium, 110 g carbs. A large homemade

sandwich would more likely provided about 500 calories.

13: Worst salad - On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef.

1,450 calories, 102 g fat, 78 g carbs, 2,410 mg sodium. This isn't

an anomaly: Five different On the Border salads on the menu contain more than 1, 100 calories each.

12: Worst burger - Carl's Jr. (Hardee's on East Coast) Double Six

Dollar Burger. 1,520 calories , 111g fat. Carl's Jr. brags it's

home to this enormous sandwich, but the restaurant chain

also provides convenient nutrition info on its Web site -- so

ignorance is no excuse for eating it.

11: Worst steak - Lonestar 20 oz T-bone. 1,540 calories, 124g fat.

Add a baked potato and Lonestar's Signature Lettuce Wedge, and this is a 2,700 calorie blowout.

10: Worst Breakfast - Bob Evans Caramel banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed hotcakes. 1,540 calories, 77 g fat (9 g trans fat), 198g carbs, 109 g sugar. Five Egg McMuffins yield the same caloric cost as this stack of sugar-stuffed flapjacks, which is truly a

heavy breakfast, weighing in at a hefty pound and a half.

9: Worst dessert - Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with

vanilla Ice Cream. 1,600 calories, 78 g fat, 215 g carbs. Would you

eat a Big Mac for dessert? How about three? That's the calorie

equivalent of this decadent dish. Clearly, Chili's customers get

their money's worth.

8: Worst Chinese entree - P.F. Chang's Pork Lo Mein. 1,820

calories, 127 g fat, 95 g carbs. The fat content in this

dish alone provides more than 1,100 calories. And you'd have to eat

almost five servings of Pasta to match the number of carbs it

contains. Now, do you really need five servings of pasta?

7: Worst chicken entree - Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers with

Chipotle Sauce. 2,040 calories, 99 g fat, 240 g carbs. 'Crispers'

refers to an extra thick layer of break crumbs that soak up oil

and adds unnecessary calories and carbs to these glorified chicken

strips.

6: Worst fish entree - On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice

and Beans. 2,100 calories, 130 g fat, 169 g carbs, 4,700 mg

sodium. Perhaps the most misleadingly named dish in America : A

dozen crunchy tacos from Taco Bell will saddle you with fewer calories.

5: Worst pizza - Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish

Pizza. 2,310 calories, 162 g fat, 123 g carbs, 4,470 mg sodium.

Downing this 'personal' pizza is equivalent to eating 18 slices

of Domino's Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza.

4: Worst pasta - Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with meat

Sauce. 2,430 calories, 128 g fat, 207 g carbs, 5,290 mg sodium.

This meal satisfied your calorie requirements for an entire day.

3: Worst nachos - On the Border Stacked Border Nachos. 2,740 calories, 166 g fat, 191 g carbs, 5,280 sodium.

2: Worst starter - Chili's Awesome Blossom. 2,710 calories, 203 g

fat, 194 g carbs, 6,360 mg sodium.

1: The worst food in America - Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese

Fries with Ranch Dressing. 2,900 calories, 182g fat, 240g

carbs. Even if you split these 'starters' with three friends,

you'll have downed a dinner's worth of calories before you entree

arrives.

mmmm.. thanks Nikki... now my mouth is watering and I'm hungry! hahahah

Seriously though... no wonder there is an obesity problem in this country!

Thankfully, we don't have a majority of the restaurants around here or I would probably be even more overweight than I already am!

I have to wonder where this Outback Steakhouse gets its recipe ideas from. We don't have that chain here in Aus and I've never heard of half the dishes it serves up. What the heck are cheese fries? Are they deep fried cheese sticks or chipped potatoes covered in cheese or what? And I've never seen an "onion blossom" here either.

wow! Thanks for that. It's sobering about the kids mac and cheese. How many of us make the simple choice of ordering that for them, not knowing what harm we're doing.

I hate to say it, Fanny, but Bloomin' Onions are addictive. I'm just so glad I haven't eaten any of those things except a bloomin' onion (and not by myself). I actually lost my appetite seeing those numbers!!! Yuck! I'm sure I've been close to some of those totals with my own imaginative eating which would be why I am here! LOL I'm just glad I don't live in Germany where I can get better breads at the gas station than I can at a bakery here. Thank God for the Lap Band to save me from myself!

cheese fries are just french fries covered in cheese and bacon then thrown in the oven to melt all the cheese. They serve them with ranch dressing. Talk about fattening! Haven't had them in years.

I hate to say it, Fanny, but Bloomin' Onions are addictive. I'm just so glad I haven't eaten any of those things except a bloomin' onion (and not by myself). I actually lost my appetite seeing those numbers!!! Yuck! I'm sure I've been close to some of those totals with my own imaginative eating which would be why I am here! LOL I'm just glad I don't live in Germany where I can get better breads at the gas station than I can at a bakery here. Thank God for the Lap Band to save me from myself!

Hehe - I didn't think I had the name quite right but couldn't remember what it was really called. From the descriptions I've heard, it is something like a roasted onion, split open and filled with gravy - is that right? Roasted onions are pretty common but not served in quite the same way. Usually, you just cut the top and tail off the onion and take off the loose skin without peeling it, then pop it in the roasting pan with the meat and potatoes. They are yummy! Once cooked, you do split them open and smother in gravy, so I suppose that is much the same thing, but I've never heard them called "bloomin onions" :smile2:.

Oh, if only the Bloomin' Onion were as healthy as a roasted onion!!! It's an onion that is cut with some special thing to make it look like a big flower and then it's dipped in some kind of batter, deep fried and served with a spicy creamy sauce. Each bite must add on 1 lb! Personally, I am a Jersey Girl (New Jersey, that is) and it's diner country there. The best thing to eat were French fries (chipped fries, I think is what you call them) and brown gravy and sometimes with mozzarella cheese melted on top, too. :thumbup: And we ate that 24 hours a day, esp after a good night in the bars. Thank God where I live, you can't find that on a menu.

My husband and I would love to go to Australia in the future. I won't be able to make it a culinary tour like I usually do. :tongue2:

And now I am wondering why I am talking about food so much! I am here to be a good girl and not bring up those memories and make anyone else's mouth Water. SORRY!!!!

Edited by gardengrl

An awesome blossom is just that.....AWESOME!!!, but that is part of the reason we have bands now. It is a huge onion that has the top cut off and then kinda peeled down to look like a flower kinda like a mum, then it is dipped in a great seasoned batter and then fried. They are basically onion rings but 100 times better, then you dip them in a ranch or cajun type dressing. They are great but wow i had no idea the calories and fat.

Thanks for clearing that up, and I have definitely never seen a Bloomin Onion served anywhere here. chips and gravy do rock though, fattening as they are :thumbup:. And if you ever make it out this way, sure you'll be able to make it a culinary tour - just stick to our wonderful range of fresh seafoods and tropical fruits and vegetables and she'll be apples :tongue2:. You absolutely HAVE to try the lamb at some point too. I've heard lamb isn't very common in the US but it is one of our staples.

Jack! What are you doing to the poor girl? Don't make her addicted to our "high end" culinary delights? HA HA!!!!!

All that Aussie food sounds awesome! I actually do eat lamb more than most here. The Armenian in me requires some good grilled lamb and cucumber/yogurt sauce (tzatziki). The German in me requires constant carbs (bread, beer and schnapps) and then the remainder of my dang heritage makes me eat the rest of what's out there. Darn mutt genes!

Oh my goodness, Jack. You just had to go and post a picture of the bloomin onion. HAHAAH Talking about all these HELL foods wasn't enough... now we have pictures! I am trying really hard to stay out of the kitchen here......

That monstrosity looks like a heart attack waiting to happen!! I like deep fried onion rings but not like that!! (The best ones are served by the fish and chip shops - real onions, cut into thick 1/2" rings, battered and deep fried with the fish, not those tasteless imitation McD's ones that are all batter and no onion!)