Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things we can't do now, but are looking forward to in the future...

Ok, I was watching the travel channel today and they had something on roller coasters. And I thought about it. I have not been able to fit on a roller coaster since 2002. I know I am loosing weight, but I am not there yet where I can fit on one. This is a new goal of mine. I want to travel to Six Flags next summer (maybe this fall) and sit on a roller coaster and just ride. What are you looking forward to doing that you have not done in a long time?

I have lost about 80 pounds now and am getting thoughts of actually getting into (and back out of) the bathtub! It's been over 25 years since my last bath. (Don't worry, I used the shower. LOL)

I actually crossed my legs for the first time since I don't know when. It was only for a few minutes, but hey, it felt great!

It is a lot of fun rediscovering all the things I gave up due to the largeness of my body. I hope every bander enjoys all the changes that are coming!

Fun discussion!

When I get below 200 lbs, DH has promised to take me somewhere where I couldn't go before. :tongue2: I'm thinking riding camels to see the great pyramids! But, realistically, it will probably be something a little less cost-prohibitive.

Other things...

Riding a bike

Being "on top" :smile2:

And, being able to run around with my kids

I would love to be able to paint my toenails all at the same time and not have to take big deep breaths before I dive down to a toenail, paint it fast as I can and come up for air!!!

Im excited. I am going to Dorney Park next week. I am finally going to get to ride my roller coaster!!! WooHoo!!!

I want to run a 5k...not a marathon...not even a 10k...just want to run a 5k race.

edit: oops...I'm posting in your Delaware forum...I just hit "new posts" and didnt realize where I was......but I still wanna run a 5k even if I have to come to Delaware to do it!!

Edited by SummerAgain

Wow, this was fun to look back at. I've been stalled for almost a year now, and I needed that reminder of how far I've come.

I'm far from my goal, and haven't gotten near that 200 mark yet. But I've hit all the others. :scared2: I just got my first bike a couple weeks ago, and have been happily hauling my 4 year old DD around in a bike trailer since. So I guess that accomplishes both "riding a bike" and "running around with the kids."

I'm having so much fun this summer doing things that I thought I would never do. We even went camping - in a tent! Never, ever thought I would even WANT to do that one. LOL! It was a blast.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I would love to hear more updates, and hopes from the newbies.

My new goal. I want to Bike to the Bay next year! :wink2: And, I'm still hoping for that "Vacation the I could never do before" at my 200 lb mark.

Have a great time at Dorney Park! And, good luck on the 5k, Summer. You will get there!!!