Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - June 14, 2008

RnMom,

Got my first fill today and I feel no different, everything is going to just as it did before (not sure what it suppose to feel like) but he said if by Monday I don't feel an restriction when eating bread, chicken or Pasta to call him and he will have me come back in to put more in the port.

Well, about the number for the Realize - Susie still doesn't have an answer and says the 2nd rep has resigned due to health issues. I am not real sure what is going on but she has a list of people who are waiting on this number. She has no clue what to do or when we can expect the number.

Good luck on the 10th with your first fill - let me know how it goes.

Hey Jill, just an FYI... my fills usually took me a week to feel them. I was sure I didn't have enough Fluid and then all of a sudden I was sliming and getting stuck with the best of them. :-) So definitely give it some time and take care while eating over the next several days, you may never know when it kicks in :-)

Hey guys, I think I might know the rep you are talking about...I have a friend who just started working for J&J. I will call her next week for you guys and see if she knows anything about the number for you. I know she was a big pusher for the J&J band, mainly bc of the extra help from the website. I can't make any promises, but I will do my best!

JillW

Do you feel any restriction yet? Celebrated my 40th tonight and went to Bravos. No bread and oil, had the tilapia, ate much less than before, and NO dessert, but I am really thinking the fill will help! How is it going since your fill?

RnMom

RnMom,

Happy 40th - welcome to the club!!!! [B]No I feel NO restriction at all!! [/b]I called and Dr Myers is going to see me tomorrow and do it again. I went to a cook-out Saturday and could have eaten anything and everything if I hadn't stopped myself. I have eaten normal bites (not thinking because of no restriction) and they go through like nothing is there - talk abut disappointed. I hope you have better success on Thursday. Let me know!!

Jill

RnMom

I went back and was refilled today. Dr. M. thinks he may have missed my port. I think I am feeling restriction but time will tell.

WONDERFUL NEWS . . . .I got the number for the Realize website from Suzie today when I went in - it is Z7K9 W6D6 V2C4. I have not tried it yet but I plan to later tonight!!

Jill

JillW

Thanks for the number. I was able to log on today. Feeling restriction? Do you know how much he put in?

JillW

Well I had my first fill this am. He had me do legl lifts while he felt for my port! He injected 2 cc so hopefully things will go well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The bottle of Water went down with no problem. Hope things are going better for you.

RnMom

Hello Everyone,

Is there another get-together set up yet? I haven't been able to make it so far but was hoping July or August may be my month to come meet everyone !

Thanks !

Hi Mysterio,

Yes! We're meeting tomorrow. Hope you can make it... the details are in this forum on a thread with the July 12, 2008 date.

Just wonderin-

Had my first fill Thurs am. I had not tried Pasta or bread until tonight. I just wanted to test this band at home and I was able to eat a small plate of spaghetti (probably 1-1 1/2 c) and a pc of french twist pillsbury bread. I felt full (which is good) and nothing got stuck (also good),but wondered if this was normal ?? Should this thing stop me from eating pasta and bread all together? Silly questions I know but....

RnMom,

I still don't feel much restriction at all. The only thing I can say I have had a problem eating is chicken. Everything else has been easy to eat. I am starting to get a little worried. I do get full faster but no problem eating. I guess we just to have to give it time. As Heather and others have said the it could talk a few days to feel the restriction. I'm sure we will be just fine. Are you going to the support meeting on Tuesday?

Jill

Wish I could go Tues but I work until 7:30p. Couldn't make it to Polaris Sat either b/c I had to work. Waiting for my bill to come so I picked up a few extra days! I was asking Dr during my fill about the Realize band compared to the AP band and he said results are the same, but theRealize band is a little more flexible so things probably won't get stuck as easily.Tonight I actually ate 3 oz of filet, spinach, and 1/3 baked potato. All of a sudden I felt this lump in my throat after a bite of potato,so that was the end of supper. My husband said I was eating to fast. Nothing came back up. Sunday I felt like I could have eaten everything in site! So I understand your worries!!! It is definitely a tool and not magical cure. You sound like you have the right attitude and understanding to make it work and by the looks of your ticker you are making progress! Way to go.