Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - June 14, 2008

Heather-

From what I have read, were you banded by Dr. Myers at FSB?

I just had a Realize adjustable gastric band placed by him 06/03/08 so I am just beginning this journey and love reading all the posts. I am from Central Ohio and would like to make it to some of the support group mtgs. I grabbed the dates in his office at my post op visit. Not very savvy on the computer but managed to read your site! Still on the full liquids and start pureed in 2 days!!

Hi RNMom,

Yep, I was banded by Dr. Myers back in December. He told me he was starting to use the new bands and is very excited about them. This month's meeting was canceled but is still on for next month, plus you can join us at our Polaris mall meeting next month if you're interested. I'm just getting ready to post the info on that in a new thread.

Please feel free to stay in touch... I love meeting other bandsters!

Hi RnMom,

I was band on 5/27 by Dr. Myers using the Realize band. I just started my second week of pureed foods (that was truly a blessing). My first fill is scheduled for July 3rd. Did they give you the ID number to get on the Realize band website. They gave me my "special code" but they still have not provided me with the Dr. Office code. The staff is getting very tired of hearing from me because I call about once a week and still they can't give me the number (can't use the tools on the website without this number).

Jill W.

I called the Realize customer service and they couldn't "generate the number for me" so I also called the office and they said I was the second person that day to call about it and she was emailing their rep b/c she didn't know anything about it. I had asked Dr Myer at my postop visit and he didn't know either. Can't wait to get it though and use the website. Starting on pureed and first fill is July 10th. Good Luck!

Hello!

My name is Melisa and I am being banded on July 8th by Dr. Meyers. What is the website info you are talking about. I would love to talk with you more to find out about your experience with the band.

Thanks

Good Luk Melissa!

It depends on what band he decides to put on. He will probably talk to you about it at your preop visit. If you and Dr. Myer decide to go with the band by Johnson and Johnson, there is a website (www.REALIZEband.com) that you can track your progress with food and exercise journals, a virtual you that you can see what you have the potential to look like and other things. You can get on and look at the general website but when you register it asks for a surgeon id and we haven't received that yet. After your band is placed, you receive a code from your specific band that you use on the website.

Good Luck! I am on pureed tuna now. I never knew how good it could taste!!

RnMom

No I have not heard and to be honest I am getting a tad upset. I have made several phone calls. One time they left me on hold for 22 minutes and never did come back to the phone. Susie (nurse) told me it was because their rep resigned and hadn't been assigned a new one yet, that was on May 8th. She gave me the same story the day we both called. I guess since they have our money they are not to concerned. I'm sorry but I am losing my patients. I don't know what to do because J&J is not helping us and either is FSB. What to do - what to do.........

Jill, I don't think this will help, but I've heard your same problem on the boards for months with the J&J number issue. When people first started talking about it last winter this was the most common complaint I had heard.

I know that Dr. Myers was really excited about this website, it seemed to me that this was one of the reasons he wanted to start using that band. If you don't have it by the time you go in for your next appointment you should mention it to him.

Sorry for your frustration!

RnMom

Have you heard anything about the number. I go in on Thursday for my first fill and how to get some answers.

Jill

Nothing yet. My first fill is July 10th. I think I will be needing it. I am starting my 5th week and want a llittle more food than in the past 4 weeks but sticking to it! How are you doing with your diet? Good Luck on Thursday. Please let me know what you find out and how it goes!

RnMom

RnMom

I will let you know what I find out on Thursday!!! Good Luck to you next week!!

Jill

Jill

Nothing yet. My first fill is July 10th. I think I will be needing it. I am starting my 5th week and want a llittle more food than in the past 4 weeks but sticking to it! How are you doing with your diet? Good Luck on Thursday. Please let me know what you find out and how it goes!

RnMom

What time do you go in on the 10th? I think I go in at 12:45 for my appointment.

Heather A

I think my appt is at 10 am and then I have my workout session at 2pm across the parking lot. I live an hour from Riverside so I will have to hang out for awhile b/c I couldn't get any appt closer together. Maybe we will run into each other! Do you have to have liquids the day of fill or what diet restrictions are there on "fill days"? I should have asked, but didn't think of it. I see your ticker shows 1/2 way there. Congrats!!

Hi RnMom,

After a fill you will need to be on liquids for the rest of the day and then depending on how you are feeling you will progress over the next day or so back to regular foods.

I'm almost always on time so keep your eye out for me :-) I look just like my avatar (or so I've been told) and would love to say "Hi".

Good luck!

-Heather