Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OUCH! Second Fill DISASTER!!!!

So... I have been waiting for my second fill very patiently. I was banded in December and didn't get me second fill till now. I noticed that my portions have been gradually growing bigger and bigger so this was much needed. I only had 2cc in my 10cc band.

So I go yesterday and have my fill at 3;30pm. I drink Water at the office and everything seems like a go. Mind you my Doc and hospital are both well over an hour away from my house.

At home around 7:30ish.... I have a drink and it won't go down. In fact, I start throwing it up. Well, I threw up about 10x through the night. Very hard, whole body puking!! Anytime I would try to sip water or anything, it would happen again!

Around 5am it started turning to blood so off to the emergency room I went!

Turns out, my stoma swelled in reaction to the tightening of the fill and closed the hole up completely! They had to remove my 2cc's that we added and put me back to "normal!"

this sucks,,,, I am back at square one, but I am feeling much better! Thought I was going to die!!!! OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!:thumbup:

So sorry that happened! I know it'll make you hesitant to get another fill!

Did you local ER know how to remove the saline from your band? I'm impressed if they did! Mine would have thrown me out and locked the door behind me! And I'm 2 hrs from my surgeon and aftercard clinic - always a scary thought.

Hope things gets better for you!(BTW...bet you know how many days til school is out:wink_smile:)

Be grateful that you did not do any damage from getting so sick... it could of been much worse. I am facing a problem with mine also. I had a fill the day before yesturday and the liquids are going down tough. I have an ache and a gurgling with I swallow my drink. Haven't dared to eat solids at all yet. Maybe when you go back again you should only try 1 cc at a time. My Dr will only put in one he says to many times people return because of the swelling. I had to go 4 times to get 4 ccs . I now have 6 ccs in my 10 cc band. Thank goodness you are ok and looks like you have done well on your weight loss... Take Care of youself and I wish you so much luck.

Sincerely Kim

Sorry that you had to go through that with a fill, but glas to hear you are feeling better. I've never heard of anyone throwing up blood so that must've been very scary though you had an idea why. It's amazing to think such a small amount would of saline would cause such a big problem.

Hello, I was banded on the same day as you.

I was really surprised to read your post; because, I thought that you would only get completely blocked closer to higher fill levels.

So this sparked my attention.

I hope you are doing better. I know how disappointed you must be. But, glad you got the attention you needed quickly.

I go for my 3rd fill Monday.

I currently have 3.5cc in my 10cc band.

Hang in there.

C.N.

Thanks everyone! and beware... because I was fine at first, the swelling came later!

I had my husband drive me over an hour to the hospital I had the surgery at because I knew my local hospital wouldn't know what to do. (and I wouldn't have wanted them to attempt to fix me!!!)

Oh.. and yes, I am counting those days down to summer vacation!!!

Still very sore from using my whole body to vomit!!!

:tt1:

i was banded march 26th 2008 and lost 24 pds so far just got my first fill friday the 9th so happy cause its been a few weeks since i lost anything so anyways i got my fill of 4cc's i have a 14cc band so far so good im doing liquids for a few days then gradually work up to what i can tolerate so i hope it goes well,, and good luck to you all :drool:363/339165

Edited by sherry319
forgot something