Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does medicaid pay for lap band (not medicare but medicaid)

Blaze

what part of PA do you live in, since you have Keystone Mercy.

Not familiar with that.

Karen

I live in delaware county

okay everyone wish me luck, I'm contacting medicaid in my area

to see if they cover the surgery. I'm so nervous you wouldn't

believe. I have all my ducks in a row for everything else now it's

just up to them.

wish me luck

Karen:thumbup:

Good luck on your journey

Hey, I am in IL and Medicaid not Medicare is what paid for my surgery 100%. I went through Mercy Hospital's progran for LapBanding. now that I am post-op I have to pay only $3 per visit. Please let me know if I can help you with any questions, I was just banded 6/30/08 and I saved every scrap of paper that i have thats associated with this surgery!

Queenie

was wondering what all you had to do pre-opt. and how long did it take

you from first starting til surgery date. I'm looking for a time period.

Karen

It only took about 4 months from start to surgery! I went to the first seminar, I gave them my medicaid card, they scheduled me ot see the surgeon, he examined me and set me up for a long list of tests (I will be happy to look in my file for the names for you, I'm at work right now) it was about 7 different medical tests, got the results and scheduled my surgery date pending Medicaid sending the approval back. Once the last test results came in it took about 14 days and I received an approval letter in the mail from Medicaid, I called the Hospital and advised them I got it, faxed it to them and they set my surgery date solid right then. I got offered an excellent new job which was a career move so I had to push back my surgery from June 3 to June 30. I was a painless and seemless process to get medicaid to pay for the banding. I am 5' 8" and at the time 339 lbs I had some acid reflux problems (which turned out to be a hepatic hernia, which the surgeon repaired while banding me) and I have high blood pressure. Medicaid gave me no problems and no delays! Please let me know if I can tell you anything else!

queenie

that answered all my questions. now i guess i will start my process

next week.

thanks Karen:smile2:

I am new to this site. I am going to seminar in SPringfield, MO. I have a list of surgeon in MO. I hope medicaid pays for my surgery? What advise can you give me?

I live in Illinois and have medicaid AND have dealt with depression and panic attacks since February. It only took me a week and a half to get approved.

I would find your surgeon first. Then call you medicaid department and they will let you know what they require.

How did you go about getting approved? I really want to get this done and i have a consult with the surgeon for January, but would like to move it closer if possible.

I see yesterday was the day of your banding. Hope all is well.

i also live in il and was banded at mercy hospital have medicaid also started in may and was banded june30th the faster you do your tests the faster you get approved i had sleep apnea and borderline diabetes and high blood pressure

How did you go about getting approved? I really want to get this done and i have a consult with the surgeon for January, but would like to move it closer if possible.

I see yesterday was the day of your banding. Hope all is well.

Since you have a surgeon already, you will need to go through their process. There are very few doctors in Illinois who take Medicaid so it does take some time to get everything rolling. Talk with your surgeon. Perhaps they can fit you in before then. See if they can call you if they have a cancellation perhaps.

Since you have a surgeon already, you will need to go through their process. There are very few doctors in Illinois who take Medicaid so it does take some time to get everything rolling. Talk with your surgeon. Perhaps they can fit you in before then. See if they can call you if they have a cancellation perhaps.

I know that my surgeon takes Medicaid. I acutally asked for a Jan appointment. 2 reasons. 1. Effective Jan 1 I will be double insured. I picked up insurance through my employer. 2. I can't miss any more work. I'm on a 90 day probation for attendence. I am going to a seminar with him on Wed. I will have a good number of questions for him. I would like to do it earlier, but he doesn't have the hours I would need to not miss work.

Hello Everyone!

I am excited to join LapBandTalk.:unsure:

I have similar questions. I am 5'4 and 289 pounds. I desperately need this surgery. I have tired everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I am living in south florida and I have medicaid. I am on very low income and I could not possibily pay out of pocket for the lap band surgery. I want to know how do I start the procedure? Where do I go? Do they have payment plans? Please help anyone that has information.:cursing: