Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick HELLO and a few thoughts!

Hi Crazy Ate mates!

You are all doing sooooo great. I tried to catch up with postings and found that I just didn't have the time to respond to each one as I would have liked.....since you all deserve it!!!! But, trust me, I responded in my head.....way to go! wow! that's great! how wonderful! yahoo! impressive! congrats!

Yes, it's been awhile....I didn't even realize it until LapbandTalk sent me an email saying I was missed (aren't they sweet?). It's been a roller coaster few weeks with work stuff.....very consuming. But,the good news is that I haven't strayed from my exercise routine AND it hasn't derailed my eating as it would have before my Lapband. I've kept up with my blog too. So, I'm feeling as though I've been able to keep up with the good habits. That's worth celebrating....for all of us! For months now, we've been doing what we need to do and without knowing it, we are forming HABITS. Good habits! Wow....and to think....that's how our BAD HABITS started too! If you do things long enough, soon they will become a part of your day and your life. What a journey this has been!

Hope to come back and join in the conversations more often. As soon as my work life (and thus MY WHOLE LIFE) is not as consumed by all of this....I will. And, I can't wait for that! We are going on our cruise in a few weeks but I can't EVEN think about that until I get myself out from under all of this work. Oh, the perils of having to work for a living.....

Good wishes to all!!!!!!

Judi

Welcome back and we did miss you! Look at that ticker!!! 70 pounds gone. That is awesome. I hear you about work. Only 5 weeks 3 days and 1 period to go in this school year...but who is counting!!!!!

Check back when you can!

Hi Judi,

Good to hear from you and you were definitely missed, you witty and interesting lady! Sorry to hear that work is so crazy for you right now, but fortunately this should help make your wonderful cruise only that much more enjoyable when the day finally arrives.

Good point about all the good habits we are developing!

Hi Judi and all!

I finally made it to this board after months of saying I would! I'm an avid reader of Judi's blog (it's amazing! I will forever be indebt to her for having it). I became internet introduced to Judi through my mom who belongs to a woman's creative group with her. Judi is the only person outside of my mom & sisters who know I had this surgery done and she encouraged me to come here and meet others and talk. It took me awhile, right? No one in my circle knows about this mostly because of what I do for a living. My job is among the "beautiful people". I was banded in Dec and lost 50 so far. Not an August group person but I wanted to SHOW JUDI that I finally got my a*s here! HI ALL! You all seem so nice and together. I am trying! I look forward to dropping in here if that is allowed.

Thanks! Babs

Hi BandedBabs and Welcome!

Thanks for the compliment -- you seem like a pretty cool chick yourself and congrats on losing 50 pounds :lol:!!!!

Isn't the band wonderful???? A true Godsend for sure!!!

You are welcome anytime here -- we always love to have people join us. If you are exercising, feel free to join our exercise thread as well. We keep each other pretty motivated!

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

:lol::smile::lol:

Welcome BandedBabs!

This group will keep you motivated that's for sure!

Babs! So great to see you here! Thanks for mentioning my blog....I appreciate it. Your comments there are always so very sweet! You are doing wonderfully. PLEASE visit here! Everyone is a Crazy Ates no matter when you got your band!)....you'll be super addition to this great group of folks!!

Salsa & Frag--Thanks for the nice welcome back! You make me smile. It's nice to be missed..........8-). I hope to sneak a peek here every so often.....it's good for my weary soul and mind!!!!

Everyone is really doing great!!!

Judi

Hi Babs. Glad you stopped by. You've come to a good place for support and encouragement. There are several of us regulars here and many others who check in now and again. As you can see, this group has been fabulously successful with the band. I can't help but believe that some of that is because we do support each other and share ideas. There are also many, many success stories on Lap Band Talk in general. I was so encouraged by the success of others when I first started. I hope you'll find a connection here.

Hi Judi, Glad you checked in too. I check your blog pretty regularly, so even when you're not checking in here, I feel like I'm keeping up with you. I'm glad things are going so well for you (except for being overworked). Making new, good habits is wonderful isn't it? Be sure to fill us in after your trip. Did you ever find some swim suits?

Thanks Becky for keeping up with my blog! Honestly, I'm amazed that even as I'm drowning in a sea of work and I'm more stressed than I've ever been in my entire worklife, I am keeping up with that blog! And, I'm not eating awful food and I am committed to my exercise routine. Like I said....I am TRULY amazed at myself.....LOL!!! Who knew I could do all that????

Funny you should ask about the swimsuits.....TODAY is the day. Well, probably the first day of many. I have to go a meeting in another part of the city where they have some great stores (ones that are not in my end of town). So, instead of going back to the office after that meeting, I plan to SHOP for a bathing suit. I hope it's a nice break and NOT just another stressor for me!!! Keep your fingers crossed.....!

Hey Judi, good to see you here! I got the same "miss you" email from the forum. Whoops!

I keep thinking - girl, get out there and post - but I don't do anything online at work with the new job, and when I get home, I'm POOPED out! Hope none of you feel neglected, because I did think of you all often and wonder how it's going!

I'm sure I'll be online more once I'm settled in here and back to routines (when I'm not walking by the sea or exploring the new city).

Suffice it to say it's been hectic, stressful but also fun and exciting! I'll post some pics one of these days.

I actually did have a few "aha!" moments this week. I was uploading some pictures from the drive out and realized for the first time in years I could look at myself in a picture and feel like I looked NORMAL. Yep - NORMAL! Happy too, come to think of it! This is a HUGE breakthrough for me, and it feels really great! I still have a ways to go (still no shorts or short skirts for this flabby girl), but this means tons to me. Progress!

Have a great weekend, everyone!