Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pizza + TV = weight loss?

I think it's the whole feast or famine thing...your body starts to hold weight if it thinks food isn't readily available..then you show it that food IS plentiful and it says ok, it's alright to drop the lbs then.

My surgeon is a huge fan of that theory also.

Hope - I totally agree with you. I wrote a post similiar to this a while back. I notice people are constantly counting thier calories and keeping track of all that stuff.. I didn't get this procedure to live my life like that. I won't. I'm not going to sit around writing every bite of food down on a stupid chart and tabulate that. I did it for a week once and I refuse to live like that. I do eat mostly healthy stuff, but every now and again I'll have half a shake... on my cruise I ate a bowl of fruit loops... I even had some cheesecake... a normal person would eat this, why can't I... granted, I do mostly eat tuna, veggies... major Protein stuff... but, my doctor says that if you have a craving for these things, don't deny yourself or you will just sabotage yourself and he's right. When I have that little bit I dont' crave it anymore..

Call me crazy, no really I like that... lol jk but 24 lbs in 5 weeks (I believe that's what it was?) is great. I am no healthy eating model bandster that is for sure - I have some serious bad eating habit and am actually going to see a therapist to talk about some issues I have with food (mainly sweets - not so much stuff like chips/pizza, etc).

However the reason for my post is - I read somewhere and for the life of me can't remember where - that when you eat "bad foods" (I hesitate to call them that but for lack of not enough coffee this early in the a.m. I will) it takes up to 3 days for your body to have the affects from it (ie: weight gain, etc). Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Hope2bhealthy, I was just banded on 4/28 but hope to be eating more like you. I read about everyone eating only fat free, sugar free foods but I prefer to eat more regular foods, only less of it. I'll let you know how I do. Good luck to you.