Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~magnificent Marchies In May~

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I haven’t been home most nights to get on my computer and work is so busy I don’t have time to check in during the day.

I thought I needed a fill. At my doctors office they do all their fills under flouro and when the dr put in just .5cc, I was closed tight. So I ended up with .1cc being taken out of my original fill. She said I was too tight to begin with. I didn't understand that. I can eat whatever I want and I don’t stay full. Then it hit me, I have been staying away from what I call “hard” foods like solid chicken, beef or pork. And if I did have them, they had to have some type of sauce or gravy on it to get it to go down. I didn’t even think about it, and in the back of my mind I knew what I was doing was counter productive. At least I like to think it was in the back of my mind buried under all the other crap that seems to have taken up the rest of the space in my head. Does this make any sense to anyone? I was doing what was easy and quick instead of what was right. So I am still sitting at 174, but now have started watching what I am eating, solid, non-gravy covered, Protein first, then veggies, then carbs. You would figure by now I would have this down pact, duh.

Well, back to work.

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I haven’t been home most nights to get on my computer and work is so busy I don’t have time to check in during the day.

I thought I needed a fill. At my doctors office they do all their fills under flouro and when the dr put in just .5cc, I was closed tight. So I ended up with .1cc being taken out of my original fill. She said I was too tight to begin with. I didn't understand that. I can eat whatever I want and I don’t stay full. Then it hit me, I have been staying away from what I call “hard” foods like solid chicken, beef or pork. And if I did have them, they had to have some type of sauce or gravy on it to get it to go down. I didn’t even think about it, and in the back of my mind I knew what I was doing was counter productive. At least I like to think it was in the back of my mind buried under all the other crap that seems to have taken up the rest of the space in my head. Does this make any sense to anyone? I was doing what was easy and quick instead of what was right. So I am still sitting at 174, but now have started watching what I am eating, solid, non-gravy covered, Protein first, then veggies, then carbs. You would figure by now I would have this down pact, duh.

Well, back to work.

I'm w/ you Mrs. Husker! All this time I kept thinking I needed another fill, but the problem was I was eating all the foods that just go down easier. Over time, it's easy to forget, but sticking to the basic lapband rules does make a difference on how my band works.

Hi kids,

I've started at a new gym and they are kicking my behind. I thought I was fit because I've been working out pretty consistently from the get go. And I am cardiovascularly on top of things, but HOLY COW my body is sore today!

I'm glad to be moving differently and I hope it jumps the weight loss too.

TGIF!

Juli

How is everyone doing. This thread is dead. Is everyone doing so good that they don't have time for this anymore. I don't often have anything to say, but love to hear how everyone is doing.

Don't let our thread dye.

Carol

We are not dead, exactly. We are in the midst of a regular LBT life cycle from what I can tell.

Personally, I'm struggling with keeping it fresh and alive, by that I mean my relationship with my band. We've just kind of have gotten used to each other. LOL.

Taking it out to a romantic dinner and dancing I don't believe is going to do the trick. What I am doing is heading to a new gym, getting a new trainer, and setting my eyes on my end goal of -50 by the end of 08.

What goals are you all working on?

Hi All, I have not forgotten the band gang. Back to sharing the computer w/ my daughter. Right now she's not home and I've just come back from the gym. I too am getting back into the gym. I'm back at my old gym from where I started. Today I jogged for all of 30 seconds. That may not seem like a big deal, but to me it was. That's the first time I've tried it and it was at 3.7. I'm so proud of myself. I'll try for 30 - 45 next time.

I also see that the 6pm - 7pm step class is still going on. And now from 7pm - 8pm, there's a step aerobics class w/ the barbell and weights. I'll be heading to that gym more now. Just needed to get a boost or new routine going. I was losing it w/ doing the same thing and no partner to keep me moving or challenge me.

So, when everyone returns they have something new they've added to their routine to kick start them again.

Well see you all soon.

Personally, I'm struggling with keeping it fresh and alive, by that I mean my relationship with my band. We've just kind of have gotten used to each other. LOL.

Taking it out to a romantic dinner and dancing I don't believe is going to do the trick. What I am doing is heading to a new gym, getting a new trainer, and setting my eyes on my end goal of -50 by the end of 08.

What goals are you all working on?

Too funny!

I think I've gotten used to my band too. The thrill is gone, LOL. I went for a fill a couple weeks ago--and when he took out what was in the band, it was exactly the same as the amount BEFORE my LAST fill. It's like deja vu--2cc in there, add .5cc, check a month later and there's just 2cc in there, add another .5cc. Who knows where the .5cc went? It's a mystery. If it was a leak, it would all be gone. But I'm doing okay, and I'd rather not go for another fill if I can help it.

My goals right now are:

Run every other day

Get to goal by the end of the year (only 14-16 lbs to go, depending on the day)

Pretty simple goals. I might try for a 5K or 10K this year--not sure yet. I'm not really competitive like that, but it might be a good goal to work for. But then again, I have a lot going on this year with my first year of anesthesia school. So, not sure about that. But I do hope to run Bloomsday next year. That's 12K. I didn't feel ready for it this year (it was a couple weeks ago). But I should be good to go next year. So, I guess that's another goal.

They aren't kidding when they say the last 20 lbs are the hardest! I've been bouncing around this weight for 2 months now. It's kind of driving me a little bit crazy, but I try not to worry about it too much and take one day at a time.

Gwen,

Run the 5K this year. You should do one before you do a 12K, don't you think?

You can train for it. It's 40-45 minutes of running a couple times a week, not a huge time commitment.

Come on!!!

XO

I have struggled for the last year. They have done swallow evals to see if my pouch is stretched, not, they measure my Fluid and it was not what they thought. They thought in March that I had about 4.5 cc in my 4 cc band, but when measured it was at 2 cc, so the added 1 cc. In April measured again and it was at 3 cc. It has stayed the same,so they don't think there is a leak, and they added .5cc. I have some restriction, but I think I have a head problem and I just not doing the band rules good enough. I have not gain I just mess with the same 5 lbs up and down.

My Goal is to lose another 30 lbs before our trip to Hawaii this fall. So I keep on trying. I need to excerise more, but my knee are so sore most of the time that I just don't do what I should. I did join the Y this spring, still haven't got up the nerve to put on a swim suit to do the Water classes. I know I will it will just take time.

I really glad everyone is doing so well. I know how hard it is to keep everything fresh, with summer here maybe that will help everyone.

I agree, the last 20lbs have been a struggle.

I was asked to come and speak to the newly banded last night at the hospital. It was really interesting because they were all so excited! I remember that excitement in the beginning, but I feel the same way that my band and I have become "used" to each other. Going to speak to them last night actually helped and motivated me too. I am really grateful to have my band! :eek:

I can't get over this, but there was another speaker at the hospital last night and she was banded in July 2007 and has lost an amazing 180lbs in less than one year!!! :) I am still dumfounded!!!

Hi I am new to the thread thing. I had my lap band on March 12, 2007. I have lost 83 lbs. I have stopped losing for the last few months. Only about five pounds. Is anyone having the same problem? I am happy but my doctor wants me to be at 185 so that is 29 to go. I am not complaining because I am so happy being smaller. And I have almost a yer to reach my overall goal of two years but YIKES. I am struggling...... :)

Hi I am new to the thread thing. I had my lap band on March 12, 2007. I have lost 83 lbs. I have stopped losing for the last few months. Only about five pounds. Is anyone having the same problem? I am happy but my doctor wants me to be at 185 so that is 29 to go. I am not complaining because I am so happy being smaller. And I have almost a yer to reach my overall goal of two years but YIKES. I am struggling...... :eek:

WELCOME PATTI!!!

I think most of us are having the same problem. The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose. Stick to the basics...protein first, veggies, then carbs and don't drink w/ your meals. I think most of us have gotten a little comfortable w/ our bands and have forgotten the basic lapband rules. Try switching up your workouts and make them more intense. It may take alot of sweat and tears to reach your goal, but you can do it!!! :)

Thanks, I am trying. After reading the posts about fills I feel so much better. At my last fill there wasn't any saline in my band. So he put more in. I thought oh my gosh I have a leak. I have been afraid. So maybe it isn't that big of a deal after all. Anyhow, thank you for your encouragement!

Gwen,

Run the 5K this year. You should do one before you do a 12K, don't you think?

You can train for it. It's 40-45 minutes of running a couple times a week, not a huge time commitment.

Come on!!!

XO

LOL. You're right, I should do it. I already run/walk about 1 hr every other day. I think I need to find a buddy to run it with, or I'll chicken out. :rolleyes:

I wrote this long blog post about how P.E. class made me convinced that I can't do athletic things--I wasn't overweight when I was little, but always being pitted against the other kids made me convinced I was a terrible athlete, and I never thought I could do athletic things when I became an adult. I'm glad they at least HAD P.E. when I was in school--few schools do now, sadly--but I wish they had emphasized our individual abilities a little more, rather than always making us race each other and feel humiliated for being the slowest and the least coordinated. I'm sure I'm not alone in this around here! It's hard to convince myself that I really am good at some athletic things, and even the things I'm not "good" at I can still do and enjoy.

So, yeah, I should find a 5K to run, and a buddy to run it with!