Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~magnificent Marchies In May~

WOW! The 5th day of May and no May thread for us Marchies! Where is everybody?!?! :thumbup:

The weather is getting nicer so I know everyone is working out and ready to show off the new you! :lol: Last summer we were just getting started...this summer let's show them what we got!!! :smile:

Come on my fellow Marchies...check in! Let us all know what you're doing to get ready for the summer! :thumbup:

Hi tammyj, you're right we are all working out hard. I just finished over 5 hours of gym time since the 1st of May. I'm down to 221lbs now. I'm only a losing streak at the moment. So I need to work hard and try and lose all I can before I stop.

You may want to go back to the April thread and post the new one. This way no one else will start up a new thread.

Everyone should be logging on this week.

Hi

I posted a link back to April's thread. I got to thinking I'd not heard from my Marchies...

Silliness. I tell you, my focus is waining. What's a girl to do?

I'm hoping to get my mojo back by joining a NEW gym next week.

I'm doing my first century -100 miles- bicycle ride this weekend. You'd think I'd be losing weight but I'm putting the calories in just as fast as I burn them! I've got to get back to low calorie eating.

Here's to Summer and fresh fruit and fish on the grill!

Hey there just checking in on ya'll! Thanks for starting the thread Juli I had no clue how to do it lol!:w00t:

Im doing pretty good, I ate my first and last half of a strawberry donut and hell i was shaking the whole time...didnt know if I was going puke it back up or what, but everything went down fine had some hiccups but no problems. :cursing:

Still havent weighed myself I know my 14's are very lose honey I to chicken shit to try on a 12. :redface:

I made a docotors appointment to meet the the PS about a breast reduction or lift and a Tummy Tuck or panni removal.:lol: I told him I want whatever United Health Care will pay for...so my appointment is at the end of this month Wish me LUCK!!!:tt1:

You ladies stay skinny and I will check in with ya'll later...

Yee-Haw!!!

Hi Everyone, glad we're all finding time to come on and login. We have much to share and goals to tell. I would really want to share this.

I may have figured out why I was having trouble eating these last 2-3 weeks. And I want you to pay close attention to what you eat. I'm a fan of hot and spicy foods. Already knowing I should not eat my meals too spicy and hot. Well, I've been adding hot peppers, black pepper, an African hot pepper paste, curry, crushed red peppers and red hot pepper grandules. This was with each meal for those weeks.

Well, I was on another lapband thread or maybe even this site and someone mentioned inflammed stomach. Inflammed stomaches interferring with the digestion process and and band making the stomach/stoma sentative to anything trying to pass through. Well, after having bathroom issues, which caused me to stop eating spicy and hot foods, my system calmed down and began to heal. (I'll not go into details here, but if you've eaten to much hot spicy foods, you know what I mean).

After not having anything spicy and hot foods for more than a week I'm able to eat my meals without any, too much problems. I'm still drinking something warm and taking the papaya enzyme pills prior to my first meal, Breakfast. Then I'm okay for the balance of the day. I also try to eat something about 30 minutes before to have it pave the way for my meal. Eating small bites and chew and chew and chew well. When I swallow wait for that mouthful to pass through and take another bite. And all this time I was thinking I was too tight at this time. Maybe yes, maybe no.

I also found out that I cannot any longer eat sandwiches, or crunchy things, like chips, peanuts and some hard crackers.

Well, thought I would share this.

Gwen,

Good to know you found out the culprit to your issues. Sorry though that you have to give up hot food. Well maybe just eat it every now and then.

You must like it HOT, omg!

I'm going in for fill June 2. The next available appt. my doctor had. Isn't that crazy, nearly a month! It will be my 4th fill. I need it though. I went for Mexican food and ate nearly my entire big ol plate of tamales and enchiladas. I had a few chips while waiting too. Now that's tooooooooooo much food for anyone, let alone a lap banded person!

Hi My Fellow Marchies;

Finally found a few minutes to check in. I am home sick with a cold. So nice to see everyone doing so great. I can't wait to get outside and do some walking and biking to really kick start this loss again, been a bit slow but still going in the right direction. The weather has turned rainy and cool, but when I'm feeling better I shall get my butt out there.

Have a great day everyone.

Yep, busy getting outside! It's finally spring in Spokane, yee haw!

Tammyj, you are almost at goal--it's gonna be a good summer for you!

Juli, good luck with the century. That sounds like a lot of fun.

WTG Gwen with the losing streak and the gym time. It pays off!

I'm settling into a 3 days a week running schedule. I was doing more but I think it was counter productive. I still lift weights 2 days a week, and am swimming at least 1 day a week when I don't run. I'm trying to find a once a week yoga class that works in my weird school schedule, because I want to be doing SOMETHING 5 days a week, but still let my legs rest from running. So I'm still sorting that out, but weight loss is still happening, in fits and starts. I'm going for a fill today, hopefully that will help a bit too.

Where's everyone else?

Hey there!

It does seem that my computer isn't on as much now that the weather is getting better. Been digging new flower beds and transplanting overgrown flowers. I've been doing my best to get on my bike every morning. I have approx. 30 minutes from the time I get the kids on the bus to when I have to get ready for work to ride my bike. I can usually get in 5.5 miles..(i'm guessing) I feel as if I'm getting more out of my workout riding my bike instead of walking. My HR stays at target longer and I'm not gasping for air.

gotta run!

TGIF!!!!

Juli, Thanks for posting the link on the other thread cause I had no idea how to do it. :confused2:

Hey Tia, I'm trying to get to a size 12 w/ you! I am finally able to wear a size 14 comfortably! :thumbup:

Whitepants, I'm beginning to think all the hot sauce I was eating had something to do w/ the acid reflux problem I was having. :blush:

gkeyt, yes I am so close to goal i can taste it! I was completely unfilled and was only given 1cc at my last fill so I have really been struggling with these last few pounds. I have been teetering between 180-185lbs. I go for another fill on Monday so hopefully that will get me to goal. :thumbup:

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!

Peeking in on your marchies!!!! Can you believe we've all made it through our first year banded!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing great!

Hi All, I'm glad my hot and spicy food story was able to help someone. After all that's what this site is for. To help inform and get informed.

I too am close to gettting to my next goal weight of 200 lbs. I'm looking forward to it for if I stay on track, I'll hit it for my Birthday. My gift to me... I am both anxious and scared.

Juli, the 100 mile bike journey you're taking. Is that the one you were talking about last year? Good Luck with it.

....TEXAS, is it too early to have this surgery done now? You're still losing weight and will lose more.

demsvmejmgkeyt & - great for getting back on track. And great about getting that much exercise in for one week.

I only have the gym to rely on. Exercise classes and the gym. So most of my exercises rely on indoor activities. Or the occasional walk 3 to 4 mile walk home from work.

But just as we all get it in. Have good weekend and Stay The Course.

?attid=0.1.0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=119d7de3c1cb72df

That's me in the blue at the end of 110 miles on my bike. The woman in yellow is my cycling mentor/friend and the one in the middle is painted on the wall! How cute is that?

I was on my bike for 7 hours and 15 minutes total riding time yesterday. I'm certainly beat today and have no real desire to ride for next few weeks, I'm sure.

But I my sense of gratitude is emense. I feel very lucky to be given the opportunity to get my body back, to trust it to do things that I never imagined before. I used to hate carrying laundry up the stairs...or walking around the mall, because it was tiring.

Thanks for all your well wishes. I love my Marchies thread!

Good Morning to Everyonne.

Juli, congrats on finishing your trek. Glad you were very excited about doing it as well as finishing it. Where is the link to see you.