Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone is doing fantastic work! I can't not believe that we are already 7 months out of bandster hell. Ha Ha Ha those days all we could do is sit on our computers and console each other and commiserate about what we were experiencing. (The good old days, which thank you I am please to be out of.)

The band and I are getting along famously; except when my brain says, 'eat more'. And my band says, 'shut up crazy lady!' I have only PB'd one time...and it was a bitch to tell you the truth. I thought I was going to die.

My calories are in lines EXPECT at night...I am starving and my band seems to desert me in my hours of weakness.

But despite all of my troubles and tribulations I have managed to lose around 60 pounds. I want to lose 30 by the end of the year. It is very do-able I think.

Overall- I am pleased with my progress and I am determined to go further.

BTW- If you really want to know where I have been hiding...I am very ill then and now, and I find it difficult to be on the computer. But I will stay committed, because it will keep me accountable and focused.

Love to you all-

I hit my 7months on may 8th Im doing really good im at 105 lbs lost! I feel so great. I love my band iv been on liquid the last few days because of stomach irritation im still learning to slow down and just cause it taste so good doesnt mean i have to eat it all. I miss eating but I dont miss my 105 lbs.

Hi there,

Congratulations to all of you fellow October 07 people. You sound as though you're doing really well.

I have lost 35.2lbs in total so far since banding on 6th October (including the pre-band diet). I think I fall into the category of slow loser. However, I don't do any particular exercise, I haven't been on a 'diet' at all and I still regularly drink red wine. So, all things considered, I'm extremely happy!

I am quite restricted in what I eat - just can't seem to do white bread or Pasta at all but that's no drama. I also have a problem with meat so I tend to stick to fish. When I'm out I will generally chose to eat Soups so Vietnamese and Thai food is high on the list of preferences.

I think the best thing my doctor told me to do was to 'leave out breakfast'. It has really made a difference to me. I wasn't particularly hungry in the mornings but I was eating and thinking "got to get the metabollism going'. However, he maintains that that idea is something pushed by the Cereal companies that has become an urban myth over time and that it makes no difference to your metabollism whether you eat Breakfast or not, providing you only eat when you're hungry. So, I tend to eat first at 11am when I'm really ready for it, then I don't eat again until dinner at about 7pm (might have a small snack when I come in from work as well). :tongue2:

It's working for me - slowly but surely.

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for sharing.

Jude

I haven't checked in for months now. I hit 7 months on 5/4. I've lost around 50 pounds, and kinda stalled out. I've been the same weight now for about 3 months now. I can't really complain though, because I really don't exercise. I have not had a fill yet, and not really sure if I need one. I can definitely eat more now than when first banded, but still not a lot. Maybe about a cup to a cup and a half. I still get stuck and pb if I eat too fast or too much. I don't know, what do you think. Do I need a fill?

I haven't checked in for months now. I hit 7 months on 5/4. I've lost around 50 pounds, and kinda stalled out. I've been the same weight now for about 3 months now. I can't really complain though, because I really don't exercise. I have not had a fill yet, and not really sure if I need one. I can definitely eat more now than when first banded, but still not a lot. Maybe about a cup to a cup and a half. I still get stuck and pb if I eat too fast or too much. I don't know, what do you think. Do I need a fill?

Hi Mandy, before giving me a fill my doctor always asks me how long between meals I go for without that starving feeling. If it is only a couple of hours than you may need a fill. It also sounds like exercise may be what is needed to kick-start your weight loss once more.

I am down about 15 kg's...well I think it is a teeny bit more but will wait until my next doctors appointment next week before making it official! haha. The scale now sometimes actually shows me as just under 80kg's!!!!! I am one of the slow losers but am almost at the half-way mark so I am definitely not complaining.

Even during the times when I am not losing weight my body seems to be tightening up and my clothes fit better. I have had three fills so far and have not found any foods I can't eat and haven't had a PB yet (touch wood). I am loving my band.

A Productive Burp. When you eat too much the food has no where to go but up and out. It's sorta like puking, but no gag reflex is involved. You burp and there it is.

well, as most of you know, i got pregnant, and miscarried, and was unfilled (partially) during the pregnancy. during the pregnancy i got down to 201, however, during the mourning, i got back up to 212 (it took a full 2 months to complete the miscarriage). i had a fill last month, and now i am back down to 207. starting weight was 228, i must add however, that i had just gotten restriction when i found out that i was pregnant, and i dropped a ton of weight fast. now i'm losing about 2 lbs a week, and i can eat normal foods. i love it.

more importantly, i've gone from busting out of my 18W to my 16W falling off of me and even being able to wear some 14W. so, lately my size is getting smaller faster than the scale.

i can eat about 2/3 of a 1/2 of a sandwich right now. band doctor said to eat bread with every meal at this point, and it keeps me from eating a lot. when i can eat a 1/2 and get hungry fast, it is time for a fill.

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I was on here. I was banded on 10/18 and have lost ~ 50 lbs. I keep losing and gaining the same 5-7 lbs. over and over. I just joined Curves last month (then went on a cruise the first week in May), so I'm trying to get back into 'exercise' mode again.

It's been a struggle the last 3 months...I lost the first 40 lbs. relatively fast, but it's slowed down now. I know I'm not making smart food choices (after my last fill and partial unfill, I've been sticking to 'easy' foods), which unfortunately are the refined or soft foods.

Ice cream for some reason lately has been a major temptation (I never felt that way about ice cream before, but right now it's right up there with brownies). I guess this is the part where the willpower kicks in, because the band doesn't help with that.

If anyone has any good tips out there for helping someone get off dead center, I'm all ears (or eyes?? :()

Thanks!